Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Calling out all Healthcare Workers

TheRandomEMT August 9th, 2022

Welcome ❤️🎉

Introduction

Hello all. It's been a while since I tried to make this forum more active and in an attempt, I thought I'd try and tag all healthcare workers here in Cups ranging from doctors, nurses, paramedics, researchers, students, physiotherapists, respiratory therapists, patient techs, emergency techs, etc.

_1660060349.images.jpeg

The healthcare and medical field is unique; it's a planet on its own in which its struggles are difficult to understand and its residents rarely get any support.

I'm working to create a support system for individuals in the health sector here on cups. This forum already exists and it's getting a bit more active since I first found it but I'm still aiming to turn it into a full support system for healthcare workers.

Now I'll be calling out a few individuals on cups who are or who were in the healthcare field, some whom I personally know and talked to, others not, so I hope you guys introduce yourselves in the replies.

About me

I'm a student who just finished high school. I've been working as a paramedic to gain my pre-uni work experience, and very soon I'll be joining med school.

The reason I'm really interested in this sub-forum is as follows: After a really difficult shift of mine, a shift in which I lost three patients in one call, I created an account here on Cups after searching for an anonymous support system. To be honest about my experience, I wasn't able to find the support I was hoping for whether it's on here or on other sites. Even though there were amazing listeners which is something I wouldn't deny, I was hoping to be able to share with a group of people who could understand and relate, a group of people who actually knows how it is to lose a patient and all the mixed emotions that follow.

I've already started the spark in this sub-forum a long time ago and hopefully this post will be the fire itself.

Conclusion

I hope anyone in the medical field or the health sector who stumples across this post whether has been tagged or not to introduce yourself in the reply section. I hope we can actually create a supporting community in which we could stand hand by hand, and actually build a proper support system in which we were never provided with.

Now I'm tagging a very very tiny sample of our healthcare fellows on Cups and I'll be adding more in the replies. And if anyone knows anyone in healthcare, I'll appreciate it if you tag them below.

@SuperStar00 @Eraggon @EmpathicPikachu @PoliteOcean @ShaunX @Derekfan7695 @BesosSparkle @StarlaSky @EmpathicSunshine22 @DarkGalaxy55555 @PrashPal @GoldenNest2727 @911Rescue @AmintaBlack

There are also a few special individuals here who I'd like to call out here. They aren't in healthcare but I believe they will do great around the forum:

@vroomvrooom

@Brightfuture82

@emotionalTalker2260

@selflessSpruce1515

Brightfuture82 August 9th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

Yay its finally hear!😃 Im sooooo happy for this!

I salute and respect every healthcare worker here and around the world! You people deserve a lot more💖

Wish you all the best EMT and hope this forum plus a dedicated room gets active😊

Brightfuture82 August 9th, 2022

@Brightfuture82

Here* typos🤦🏻‍♂️😛

TheRandomEMT OP August 9th, 2022

@Brightfuture82

Thanks for your support! 💖

@vroomvrooom

I'm glad you liked it!

EmpathicPikachu August 9th, 2022

Thank you. I relate to what you went through. I lost a 5 day old patient yesterday and nothing in Medical school prepares you for that. I am happy you created a forum where we can support each other. It's better this way :)

Stay strong, keep growing and helping others!

@EmpathicPikachu

I'm so sorry to hear. I know the feeling is horrible and cannot be described. I'm here if you ever want to talk

ListenerDustin August 9th, 2022

@EmpathicPikachu

Stay strong. You have a whole lot of people backing you up here!

emotionalTalker2260 August 9th, 2022

@EmpathicPikachu

awwww, *hugs* so sorry to hear ☹️ Losing someone is always so hard, it’s never easy. *sending all the love* 🥺💖

selflessSpruce1515 August 10th, 2022

@EmpathicPikachu

Hey Pikachu ❤️ It's nice to meet you. I can't even *begin* to imagine how difficult and painful it must had been to lose a patient, especially one who was so young. We will be here for you all the way, and you don't have to go through this alone. Keep moving forward and stay strong– we believe in you, and are so proud of the immense effort into your have put into your work. Wishing you the very best! 💖

Oh wow, I have jumbled up a lot of words in the second-to-last sentence– I apologize for that ❤️

I meant to write: Keep moving forward and stay strong– we believe in you, and are so proud of the immense effort you have put into your work.

Also tagging:

@MojosKeeper

@conscientiousPeach2999

@navyPark

Tagging:

@inventiveOrange1

inventiveOrange1 August 9th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT Tx EMT. Do hope u get better soon and back in action. You will do great in med school. Thanks for setting this up. These secondary traumas and daily stresses are difficult to explain and its easy to minimise or brush it away until it is too much to handle. Tbh im struggling at the moment as trying to prove my worth is pushing things. Leaving strength to all. Hugs

@inventiveOrange1

Thanks, Orange ❤️

I hope this opens out everyone's eyes about how we are also human beings who need support.

TheRandomEMT OP August 10th, 2022

Tagging:

@HopieRemi

@TheOwl00

conscientiousPeach2999 August 9th, 2022

😊

MojosKeeper August 9th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

Finally!! I've been waiting for someone to speak up for us, hope we all get better soon <3

@MojosKeeper

I'm really hoping this will be a good start. I'm hoping that one day we'll have a group chat room here.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 9th, 2022

Correcting your tag @prashpal84 ❤

This is awesome, @TheRandomEMT, a step in the right direction, for a lot of people here, who definitely can benefit from a space to seek support and connect with each other even better. ❤

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thanks for the correction

ListenerDustin August 9th, 2022

@vroomvrooom - THANKS!!

BlueDaisyZ August 9th, 2022

Thanks all health care workers!

emotionalTalker2260 August 9th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

whooohooo look how active the thread is already \😀/

*respects all healthcare workers so so so much* y’all amazing 💖 amazing hooman beans.

Thanks for tagging me EMT 🥺💖

@emotionalTalker2260

Glad to have you here!

HopieRemi August 10th, 2022

Hey!! Great thread! It’s been a busy week for me!!!

@HopieRemi

Welcome ❤️

ShaunX August 10th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

I'm surprised you still remember me! haha, It's been quite a while since I was last active. Thank you for the tag!

It would be lovely to see this community more active and brought back to life. Please feel free to dm me if there's anything I can do!

I wish you the best in med school, you got this! Don't forget to practice self-care! haha

@ShaunX

Thanks!! ❤️ Welcome to the community. Glad to have you here

xandia August 10th, 2022

I'm relieved to see this forum here. It's nice to know there is a place to come to and receive some understanding from fellow healthcare workers. We all know it's not an easy job that we do. Yet we do it to the best of our ability. Here's hoping a healthcare chat room will become a reality in the future.

@xandia

Having a chat room is something I totally wish it happens. I'm really hoping that the admins accept this idea.

@TheRandomEMT

Randommmm 🤗 ❤️ I haven't been too active in forums lately, but it warmed my heart that you tagged me here even though I'm not in the healthcare field. I'd be glad (no- ✨honored✨) to support everyone here to the best of my ability, especially since you all have made sacrifices for the welfare of others. Wishing everyone here the very best! ❤️❤️

@selflessSpruce1515

Glad to have you here ❤️

BesosSparkle August 10th, 2022

This is great. I wish there was a way to all chat - it would be helpful.

inventiveOrange1 August 10th, 2022

@BesosSparkle yes for sure would be great. Hope you are feeling better in yourself today. Safe Hugs

@BesosSparkle

That's what I'm hoping for!

SuperStar00 August 11th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

🦸🏻‍♂️

Thats very thoughtful of you .

I wish all of us good health & a beautiful life ahead.

TheRandomEMT OP August 11th, 2022

@SuperStar00

❤️

ShaunX August 16th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

Tagging another fellow paramedic! @lifeisnotagame7

Welcome Welcome!

Kestrel01 August 16th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

Thanks for creating this thread. I was wondering if there was a community for medical / health care workers. So timely with everything thats been going on. 👍

TheRandomEMT OP August 17th, 2022

@Kestrel01

Welcome to the sub-forum! It is indeed needed but unfortunately not that active. At least you guys could make it work!