Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Calling out all Healthcare Workers

TheRandomEMT August 9th, 2022

Welcome β€οΈπŸŽ‰

Introduction

Hello all. It's been a while since I tried to make this forum more active and in an attempt, I thought I'd try and tag all healthcare workers here in Cups ranging from doctors, nurses, paramedics, researchers, students, physiotherapists, respiratory therapists, patient techs, emergency techs, etc.

_1660060349.images.jpeg

The healthcare and medical field is unique; it's a planet on its own in which its struggles are difficult to understand and its residents rarely get any support.

I'm working to create a support system for individuals in the health sector here on cups. This forum already exists and it's getting a bit more active since I first found it but I'm still aiming to turn it into a full support system for healthcare workers.

Now I'll be calling out a few individuals on cups who are or who were in the healthcare field, some whom I personally know and talked to, others not, so I hope you guys introduce yourselves in the replies.

About me

I'm a student who just finished high school. I've been working as a paramedic to gain my pre-uni work experience, and very soon I'll be joining med school.

The reason I'm really interested in this sub-forum is as follows: After a really difficult shift of mine, a shift in which I lost three patients in one call, I created an account here on Cups after searching for an anonymous support system. To be honest about my experience, I wasn't able to find the support I was hoping for whether it's on here or on other sites. Even though there were amazing listeners which is something I wouldn't deny, I was hoping to be able to share with a group of people who could understand and relate, a group of people who actually knows how it is to lose a patient and all the mixed emotions that follow.

I've already started the spark in this sub-forum a long time ago and hopefully this post will be the fire itself.

Conclusion

I hope anyone in the medical field or the health sector who stumples across this post whether has been tagged or not to introduce yourself in the reply section. I hope we can actually create a supporting community in which we could stand hand by hand, and actually build a proper support system in which we were never provided with.

Now I'm tagging a very very tiny sample of our healthcare fellows on Cups and I'll be adding more in the replies. And if anyone knows anyone in healthcare, I'll appreciate it if you tag them below.

@SuperStar00 @Eraggon @EmpathicPikachu @PoliteOcean @ShaunX @Derekfan7695 @BesosSparkle @StarlaSky @EmpathicSunshine22 @DarkGalaxy55555 @PrashPal @GoldenNest2727 @911Rescue @AmintaBlack

There are also a few special individuals here who I'd like to call out here. They aren't in healthcare but I believe they will do great around the forum:

@vroomvrooom

@Brightfuture82

@emotionalTalker2260

@selflessSpruce1515

emotionalTalker2260 August 17th, 2022

I have a little something that i hope will make many people laugh πŸ₯ΊπŸ’– i also drew it (including cheating by tracing images)

_1660695248.3EC15A77-B54B-4776-A25A-E8FD9CBAAA2A.jpeg

I hope someone finds it funny πŸ₯ΊπŸ’– and i also hope everyone is okay, and if not *offers hugs and cookies*. I know it’s not much, but it’s all i have xD

Brightfuture82 August 17th, 2022

@emotionalTalker2260

Aww Emo! This looks so cute and the person behind it looks funnyπŸ˜„

Thank you for sharingπŸ˜ŠπŸ’–

@Brightfuture82

🀫🀫 *is the one bashing up manual stretchers*.. @TheRandomEMT already knows it’s me πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ i was supposed to have the stick figure kicking it, but i think it is still just as hilarious with a hammer πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

TheRandomEMT OP August 17th, 2022

@emotionalTalker2260

That's the punishment it gets for ruining my back lol

@TheRandomEMT

πŸ˜› yep, and it turned into a joke (the manual stretcher is the joke) and an @emotionalTalker2260 who is a wee bit too keen to *bash* it up πŸ˜€

selflessSpruce1515 August 17th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT @emotionalTalker2260

Oh, the memories xD xD Show that manual stretcher who's *boss* πŸ˜€ ❀️

@selflessSpruce1515

hahaha, join me πŸ˜”πŸ’– we’ll kick it together πŸ˜”πŸ’–

selflessSpruce1515 August 17th, 2022

@emotionalTalker2260

Gladly πŸ˜” πŸ’– *summons my martial arts power* πŸͺ„

@selflessSpruce1515

lol ;-;

magicalOcean594 August 17th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

i think this is so beautiful<3

would a mental health clinic qaulify as healthcare? Jw :)

TheRandomEMT OP August 17th, 2022

@magicalOcean594

Of course it would!

Brightfuture82 August 17th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

Happy to have another health care worker join us!

@starlightinajarπŸ’– WelcomeπŸ˜ƒ

sunkissedearth August 17th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

My best friend is a radiologist so i know what it takes to be in the medical field.

Here's a big shoutout to all the health workers out here.

May you continue doing the good job that you do. You are much appreciated and worshipped by manyπŸ™

Thank you for all your hard work :)

starlightinajar August 17th, 2022

Thankyou for tagging me! and thankyou so much for the warm welcome!!

This is an amazing initiative, and much much needed safe space for healthcare workers. Times have been tough!

Kudos to everyone who's participating, providing support and is a part of this wonderful effort!

TheRandomEMT OP August 18th, 2022

@starlightinajar

Welcome to the thread. It's an honour to have you ❀️

starlightinajar August 20th, 2022

I was thinking of this forum, and all the healthcare workers who struggle with mental health issues because of their work, and ended up writing a poem thing πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

"Most days i am a healer

I will carry bandages in my pocket

And say "tell me where it hurts"

Somedays, i am the open wound

Festering at the edges

While my mind pretends its not real

Often, I am a loaded gun, wondering

Who'll end up as collateral damage

In this civil war inside of me

But come, its okay

Tell me where it hurts

I'll patch up your wounds

And all i need in return

Is for you to run to someplace safe

From this personal war zone"

selflessSpruce1515 August 21st, 2022

@starlightinajar

This is such a beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing this, and I'm sure all the healthcare workers who had the pleasure of participating in this forum really appreciate it. πŸ€— ❀️

TheRandomEMT OP August 21st, 2022

@starlightinajar

That was just...beautiful. Thanks for sharing ❀️

emotionalTalker2260 August 21st, 2022

@starlightinajar

the poem is truely beautiful

oh-my-it-is.gif

Brightfuture82 August 21st, 2022

@starlightinajar

Just....AmazingπŸ˜ƒ

Thank you for putting time and effort into this StarπŸ˜ŠπŸ’–

PrairieGal August 21st, 2022

This is wonderful, and needed. I am here to help however I can!

Been in health care 25 years .

Brightfuture82 August 21st, 2022

@PrairieGal

We are so happy to have you! Welcome to the communityπŸ˜ŠπŸ’–

TheRandomEMT OP August 22nd, 2022

@PrairieGal

I'm glad you find your way here

@TheRandomEMT

Found*

Tagging:

@modestOrange545533

@snowBunny1407

Also tagging:

@horsefeathers

AnxiousOrange00 August 28th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

Thanks so much for introducing me to this awesome community :)

TheRandomEMT OP August 28th, 2022

@modestOrange545533

We're glad to have you here!

limeGrapefruit7310 August 28th, 2022

I really want to get advice from more experienced guys, now I'm studying medicine. I became very worried that after graduation they would write bad letters of recommendation. If I understand correctly of course. And I want to get good reviews about my studies, how can I influence this? Some of my friends say that you can just use the recommendation letter writing service and not worry, but I would like to earn this letter myself

CelastrusPoetry August 29th, 2022

ο»Ώ@TheRandomEMT

Hello all the health care workers.

I am A member here ugh.. sorry I feel weirdly anxious just typing this um ok i am not a health care worker. I am just a student who writes poetry and I am 20 yes old. During covid wave I got severely sick with it as I have some other diseases which caused me a much more severe covid disease. During that time my doctor , Dr Harry took great care of me. I couldn't really say thank you you him directly so I wrote a poem. Because that's what I do. And posting it here if It makes your day even a litte bit better I'll be glad (ps I am sorry if it's childish because I wrote it when I was sick and craving spicy food but I had no taste in my mouth lol)

Here it goes:

These days you barely

See your own faces.

Under the burden of covid cases

The color which was khaki,

Is now White in this war

You don't let the pulse cease

In each hand you hold

Spreading warm and positivity

in these times of

Cough and cold.

I can see those teary eyes and the frown

Yet youre doing your duties

Without breaking down.

You told me to take care as I held my

Discharge card

But were you able to do the same?

It's because of you that I survive

Keep your head high got more lives to revive

Now I know for I have seen

Real Angels in white

But there's one thing I wonder?

Just because you carry it so well

Doesn't mean it's not heavy.

I am here for you too! Dr Harry. πŸ™πŸ»

TheRandomEMT OP August 30th, 2022

@CelastrusPoetry

I like it. Thank you so much for sharing.

I'm sorry you went through that but I'm glad you're better now