Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Thank You - DonaldDraper was here - FollowUp Part 1

August 1st, 2023

As you all know I will be leaving cups on 15th Aug and I had made a post about it which you can read here

I mentioned in the replies that I will be coming up with a follow up post. But it was turning out to be too branched and long. So, I decided to break it down in 8 parts.

This is part 1 wherein I just wanna thank you all

thank-you.gif

@affyavo @amazingnutella24 @amiablepeace77 @blissfultouch29 @callumking2000 @cancun @cloudysummer @comphi @confusedxtrapped @covetedmask @cupcake500 @dislifenot @emotionaltalker2260 @ezzycares12000 @fancifulsoul3902 @fantasticapple4340 @fearlessclementine6325 @fearlesswriter78 @frenchmarbles @fristo @funnymango8595 @glenm @grimsmark8 @healingtalk @heather225 @helgafy @insanepotatu @jaeteuk @joyfulmoments @kickan75 @lou73 @magnificentnutella @marvellous70 @melonmeloncholy @mermaid331 @mik00l @milo19 @mytwistedsoul @noni @ouicherie @patienceimpatiens @phoenixbutterfly97 @prismaticlotus @protostarr @richuyulin @saly33 @saquib16 @sociablestrawberry2202 @solitarybird @sparkygizmo @ssr2405 @star001 @sunisshiningandsoareyou @tabbycat97 @teenytinyturtle @thejeninblack @thundersea5k @tinywhisper11 @tobedoctor @trueconfidant123 @tuffattack @tyedyedbutterfly65 @universalsmile @violetnotes @vlinderina @whatdoyouwantmetowritehere @yahyaahmed @yourcaringconfidant

First and foremost, I just have to say, WOW! You all have blown me away with your love and support after I shared my decision to step away from 7cups.

Seriously, your response has been nothing short of amazing. The comments, the private messages – I've been feeling like a celebrity! πŸ˜„ I never expected such an overwhelming outpouring of understanding and encouragement, and it truly touched my heart. You all are the reason this community is so special.

I want to give a special shout-out to GlenM, who responded with such a stoic and empathetic message.
Even though most people related to what I said, many peoples had questions about what the issues were that I was talking about, but Glen got it right away. Your understanding meant the world to me.
(Read the response here)

You all have made this decision so much easier with your response. ❀️

You know, as I contemplate stepping away from 7cups, I can't help but think of my farewell as potentially my last community event hosting ! πŸ˜„ So, let's make it one to remember! πŸŽ‰ The show must go on!

In my next post, I promise to dive into the nitty-gritty and clarify the issues I raised about the changing culture and hope to make it more transparent. (I just need some time to write it well)

So, thank you all once again for your unwavering support, and let's keep the positive vibes flowing. Stay tuned for the next installment, where we unravel the mysteries and come together to create an even better 7cups community.

With a grateful heart,

DonaldDraper

August 5th, 2023

πŸ€—β€οΈ

confusedxtrapped August 4th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Thank you for your time Don! Honestly, you're the most attentive listener I've ever encountered. Farewell!

August 5th, 2023

@confusedxtrapped Thank you so much. We might never cross paths btu I will remember you as an intelligent and creative person πŸ’•

melonMeloncholy August 6th, 2023

@DonaldDraper - We appreciate the opportunity to be part of this defining moment with you and the community. I look forward to reading your thoughts. It is important for members and listeners to be able to freely and publicly express their feedback.

An ocean of cups is lending its strength to you.

Iwillalwaysreturn August 8th, 2023

It's funny how Heather talks about Donald ignoring her and then ignores everyone trying to talk to her.

August 8th, 2023

@iwillalwaysreturn Ironies make us strong like iron (maybe) πŸ˜‡

Sociablestrawberry2202 August 8th, 2023

@DonaldDraper I wish you the very BEST from all MY HEART πŸ’«βœ¨

Cancun August 8th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

I hope your future is filled with happiness and love. I'm leaving. The place I have loved to support and be supported by isn't here anymore. Wishing all of you the best.

Heartsandrosesandpaws August 8th, 2023

@Cancun

i am going to missed you here, hope what ever is next is good. Your buddy

waterfalls

pandanfe August 11th, 2023

@DonaldDraper Thank you for all these services you've provided in the cups covid-meme.gif

August 15th, 2023

Bidding Adieu

Dear All,

As I sit down to pen this message, a whirlwind of emotions sweeps over me. The past two weeks have been nothing short of incredible, with a waterfall of love, support, and some friendly banter that I'll forever cherish.

The Constructive Feedback Format (CFF) was shared, embodying our commitment to meaningful discussions. While my plan to share eight posts hit an ominous roadblock, I tried to have conversations on self-care, quitting smoking, and unraveling the mysteries of Internet FAD culture.

(All threads here)

The thumb-wrestling match with the admins proved that while I may not have taken the title, I definitely earned a newfound appreciation for their thumb stamina!

As I bid my farewell, I'm reminded of the countless connections we've formed, especially the ones that I formed in last 2 weeks. Each of it made me feel even more special and I cant put them in words πŸ€—πŸ’•

Though this chapter closes, I hope the story doesn't end here. Let's continue sharing our thoughts/feedbacks, uplifting each other, sharing laughter, and nurturing the bonds. I hope the last 2 weeks that I spent here snowball into a visible positive change.

With heartfelt gratitude and a fond smile, @DonaldDraper
Signing off..

@affyavo @ahealingendoftherainbow22 @alexander0712 @all @amazingnutella24 @aryansharma1891 @ashrunningwiththewolves379 @atlcommunityleader @avyisking @baddiesattva @beck1 @bluerivercares @brahmm @brilliantturtle89 @calmwheel2626 @chetan1408 @communitymodever @communitymodlucy @comphi @courageousriver589 @cupidthekingoflove @drninja @enjoyingemptiness @fancifulsoul3902 @fantasticapple4340 @fearlesswriter78 @franksky8784 @fristo @generouslychee4993 @grimsmark8 @hawaii968 @heather225 @hellocat2442 @helpinghand @hope @iampapaya @internalacceptance @introvrtd1 @ivorypineapple976 @iwillalwaysreturn @jaja25 @jasmineishereforu @kenzolena @kickan75 @lavenderlake2009 @line @lonewolf2600997 @lovemymoonflowers @luckycharme9788 @lushglow @magnificentnutella @mentioned @mermaid331 @minervaaa @miraculouspeace1108 @misfortune546 @mistymagic @moonlemon48 @name @ninaninaninayao @noni @northernemisphere @occzlt @officialstacey0121 @optimisticwaterfall749 @ouicherie @overthinkinghooman @pandanfe @patienceimpatiens @patientlunch263 @pinkbabe2 @pinkchocalatecandy @politeocean @proactivespring6993 @protostarr @rayofhope97 @richuyulin @robyn @rub21 @sakiuu @serena55 @sirenofserenity @sociablestrawberry2202 @solitarybird @someonewhocares7777 @soulsings @spacedoutsun @sparklingseashells @sparkygizmo @spectacularsunshine7330 @star001 @starhawkemystery @starlasky @stonepath @sunisshiningandsoareyou @suryanshsingh @symbols @tabbycat97 @taglist @teenytinyturtle @thatchristlover @the @thejeninblack @tinywhisper11 @tuffattack @unique73 @universalsmile @unstableteen16 @valleyross @varyingcloud @victor04 @victoriouswinter8458 @violetveritas @waterfallsofnature36 @wendybird15 @whatdoyouwantmetowritehere @wiseone @with @wonnone @xxreddmystic15xx @yourfriend247 @zendagimigzaraaa

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 15th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Wow till this moment too, I was hoping for a "Guyssss it was a prank, you know me lol" and everyone moves on with their cups-life, looking forward to attend a pop up you host and then awaiting your tag in one of the threads! But oof, it's time huh! (':

You were amongst the first people who made me feel comfortable in chatrooms, if memory serves right, you were the first person to welcome me to LCR "Shiny, I'm heading off to LCR it's always a great time with listeners there I'd love if you joined us tooπŸ˜‡" and soon it became home, so glad I took that opportunity, and got to meet so many of you wonderful people. Thinking of all those lock-down days (nights? xD) and cherishing it to the core ~ always will!

You were my first pop-ups co-host, one of my all time favorite host, co-host and partycipant always. So many of my firsts have you in it, so you best remember that I'll never forget you and your love for chai! ❀

It's only ever just you calling me "Shiny" here and how I'll miss it everytime in chatrooms and forums! I could use a "Shiny, I hate tears" right now sm-freaking-h! :P

Thankyou for gifting us with your presence, Donziee, your presence will always be felt in all the hugs and smiles here, hope you'll take time to hydrate yourself too hehe!

Terrible at all things "goodbye-like" so it's a "see you someday again hopefully if the stars align that way till then remember you've lived a life in cups that's both big in numbers and in depth and have made your impact in innumerable lives and in countless ways, you will be remembered with a smile always while I hope you're always staying true to yourself and doing what you do the best~ being *you*"

All the love and bestest wishes always! Never stop being you! ❀

-Shiny!
hugs-love.gif

blissfulTouch29 August 15th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

this app has to be better and preach what they mean.

AvyIsKing August 15th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

I do have to say I barely knew you, but you will be missed. You have left a great impact on everyone here. Not only are you a part of this community, you are a part of this family.

I wish you the best in all your life endeavors and I hope only the best comes your way. And when it doesn't, I wish you the strength to carry on πŸ’•πŸ’•

We will miss you

stonepath August 15th, 2023

@DonaldDraper goodbye. I'll miss you a lot. our conversations were the best. I'll never forget you. and I will try to fix things here. you know I will😌 with my friends as well. truly I'll never forget you friend. stay hydrated and live the best life. I know this had to happen. I'm sad you're gone but I know you had to do this. I never did get to recommend the stories. a silent voice the anime book not the movie and next door neighbors the YouTube series. a whirlwind of emotions is right. I'll let the sadness wash over me. thank you for everything Donald. See you in 5 years. or if not then the other time we talked about. goodbye my friend. I don't believe in goodbyes I'll see you again one day. till then. *hugs* for you and anyone who needs them. @DonaldDraper This heart fairy is proud of you.

magnificentNutella August 15th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Good bye, BestieπŸ€—β€ I'll miss you and I hope wherever you go in life, you find peace thereπŸ§ΈπŸ€—β€

Make happy memories oki, and try not to miss me hihi :') I've been feeling a plethora of emotions and ik you'd understand, take care always🧸❀🍫love you

soulsings August 15th, 2023

@DonaldDraper it has been great knowing you.

ThatChristLover August 15th, 2023

We will miss you Don ❀️ thank you for you’re wonderful presence in our community!!!!

sending cards πŸ“• hugs πŸ«‚ and cookies πŸͺ ❀️

take careeee

Heather225 August 15th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

I commend you Donald for your tireless efforts, your selflessness, and your continuous dedication over the years. I've enjoyed reading your recent thought-provoking posts and well-constructed community suggestions. One of my highlights in knowing you was being able to spotlight your achievements and I know you'll continue to be a beacon to those whose lives you inspire through your leadership. Thank you for your service.

Tinywhisper11 August 16th, 2023

@DonaldDraper bye donald ❀ I love you ❀❀ gives you one last giant tiny hug ❀ till we meet again ❀❀❀

Brahmm August 16th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

I hate goodbyes so I will not say much. Just take care my friend. You will be missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1tWWRv0Aek - A song

pandanfe August 16th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

I'm grateful for having known you for all these times. And I deeply thank you for all your services here for all these past years. Now, since you've decided to leave the cups, May the force be with you in your coming times.

covid-meme.gif

TabbyCat97 August 16th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Donnn πŸ₯²πŸ’œπŸ«‚ we will miss youuu! Thank you for all you have done for the community :') and I will never forget your forum posts. I have loved chatting to you and spending time in the chatrooms with you, and you are appreciated so very much β™‘

I wish you all the best for the future, you're awesome <33

AshRunningWithTheWolves379 October 17th, 2023

Aww, I miss you too, honestly, you were the best.

whatdoyouwantmetowritehere August 15th, 2023

goodbye friend. all the heartsπŸ’œ

mytwistedsoul August 15th, 2023

@DonaldDraper Take care. I wish you the best in everything you do. Cups was blessed to have had you here for as long as it did. Their loss will be someone else's lucky gain. Couldn't help but notice that there was no reply to our other conversation *smh*

PatienceImpatiens October 17th, 2023

@mytwistedsoulΒ 

Still here (me) and yup, I see ya.

mytwistedsoul October 18th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens Hey you :) can't tell you how much this whole situation disappointed me

PatienceImpatiens October 18th, 2023

Yes you can! Tell away! I’m still here and there are many of us here, reading, observing, feeling.

PatienceImpatiens October 18th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul

Also, what I remember is that you tried to give some constructive feedback in the way that was asked for, but in the process, the feedback didn't go anywhere, it wasn't "heard."Β 

I wonder how it can be "heard."

mytwistedsoul January 3rd

@PatienceImpatiens I've had this page open for months with the intention of replying. I don't think most feed back goes anywhere in all honesty. In the time that I've been here I've noticed many many, things. You either assimilate with the rest of the hive or you're pushed out. Perhaps pushed out is too strong a word. I remember reading here once that you basically like it or you can leave. That Cups isn't a good fit for everyone. So you learn to keep your head down and go with the flow or you can leave. I suppose I've learned to just go with the flow, although I still make a few waves occasionally. In the long run the feedback of 1 or 2 or even a dozen people doesn't do much against the money machine.Β 

PatienceImpatiens October 17th, 2023

All my hearts were deleted, so I put 'em all back!

Love, Pat the Cat