Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Thank You - DonaldDraper was here - FollowUp Part 1

August 1st, 2023

As you all know I will be leaving cups on 15th Aug and I had made a post about it which you can read here

I mentioned in the replies that I will be coming up with a follow up post. But it was turning out to be too branched and long. So, I decided to break it down in 8 parts.

This is part 1 wherein I just wanna thank you all

thank-you.gif

@affyavo @amazingnutella24 @amiablepeace77 @blissfultouch29 @callumking2000 @cancun @cloudysummer @comphi @confusedxtrapped @covetedmask @cupcake500 @dislifenot @emotionaltalker2260 @ezzycares12000 @fancifulsoul3902 @fantasticapple4340 @fearlessclementine6325 @fearlesswriter78 @frenchmarbles @fristo @funnymango8595 @glenm @grimsmark8 @healingtalk @heather225 @helgafy @insanepotatu @jaeteuk @joyfulmoments @kickan75 @lou73 @magnificentnutella @marvellous70 @melonmeloncholy @mermaid331 @mik00l @milo19 @mytwistedsoul @noni @ouicherie @patienceimpatiens @phoenixbutterfly97 @prismaticlotus @protostarr @richuyulin @saly33 @saquib16 @sociablestrawberry2202 @solitarybird @sparkygizmo @ssr2405 @star001 @sunisshiningandsoareyou @tabbycat97 @teenytinyturtle @thejeninblack @thundersea5k @tinywhisper11 @tobedoctor @trueconfidant123 @tuffattack @tyedyedbutterfly65 @universalsmile @violetnotes @vlinderina @whatdoyouwantmetowritehere @yahyaahmed @yourcaringconfidant

First and foremost, I just have to say, WOW! You all have blown me away with your love and support after I shared my decision to step away from 7cups.

Seriously, your response has been nothing short of amazing. The comments, the private messages – I've been feeling like a celebrity! πŸ˜„ I never expected such an overwhelming outpouring of understanding and encouragement, and it truly touched my heart. You all are the reason this community is so special.

I want to give a special shout-out to GlenM, who responded with such a stoic and empathetic message.
Even though most people related to what I said, many peoples had questions about what the issues were that I was talking about, but Glen got it right away. Your understanding meant the world to me.
(Read the response here)

You all have made this decision so much easier with your response. ❀️

You know, as I contemplate stepping away from 7cups, I can't help but think of my farewell as potentially my last community event hosting ! πŸ˜„ So, let's make it one to remember! πŸŽ‰ The show must go on!

In my next post, I promise to dive into the nitty-gritty and clarify the issues I raised about the changing culture and hope to make it more transparent. (I just need some time to write it well)

So, thank you all once again for your unwavering support, and let's keep the positive vibes flowing. Stay tuned for the next installment, where we unravel the mysteries and come together to create an even better 7cups community.

With a grateful heart,

DonaldDraper

Ezzycares12000 August 1st, 2023

It's unfortunate to see you go but I understand that sometimes it's inevitable to move on to bigger and better things and I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do in the future. I enjoyed our talk the other day and I truly do hope that if you ever need to talk again that You reach out. I'm excited to see your upcoming posts

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Sometimes words don't work!❀ Soooo...

kiss-hug.gif

trueconfidant123 August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Not sure how to react. I hope your decision goes well for you. I respect you standing for yourself.

thankyou.gif

PatienceImpatiens August 1st, 2023

Wow! 8 parts! You're a Writer who Writes! Looking forward! Maybe, like Scheherazade, you can continue your story for many more parts, so we can enjoy your presence longer and you can help stimulate more of this fine thinking within the 7 cups community! I can't wait to read the next installment!

VioletNotes August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Thank youuu, you've done so much for the community β™‘ I hope taking a step back awards you all that you want it to.thank-you-joy-society.gif

whatdoyouwantmetowritehere August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper I see I will be looking forward to the explanation. Yes, make it an unforgettable show.πŸ˜„

August 6th, 2023

@whatdoyouwantmetowritehere What do you want me to write in it? xD

whatdoyouwantmetowritehere August 8th, 2023

@DonaldDraper the things that are wrong with 7 cups. All of them. Nothing can be fixed if the problem is unknown. I know the answers aren't always clear but if we know the problem maybe we can find the solution together.

YourCaringConfidant August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper I was secretly hoping that Glen's supportive response would be enough to make you reconsider your intentions of leaving 7cups; but I know it is selfish of me to hope that. I really am so proud of you and I can't wait to see your grand exit when leaving. You are already off to such an impacting start. Thanks for the tag again, Donald. I sure am going to miss them and you*, of course. <3 Xoxo.

August 5th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant Not sure about grand. But my mind is made up. The supportive responses by most people in the threads is more grand than I could have hoped for. πŸ€—

ouiCherie August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

the-aristocats-marie.gif

I respect your decision, obviously. Just not a pleasant surprise ✌🏼😁 (to be brutally honest).

Oh well...

Thank you for being a great PS when I needed it, for the room hoppings sessions, or cohost sessions out of the blue, and for years of supports in many ways.

But most of all, thank you for being a great friend, Don! 🀍

Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you success in all your endeavors! πŸ™ŒπŸ˜Š

August 5th, 2023

@ouiCherie πŸ€— you have been such a big cheerleader for me. Never gonna forget you πŸ’•

fancifulSoul3902 August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper Congrats all of 7 cups is watching this. even the heart fairy club.

mytwistedsoul August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper Similar to what someone else stated - all eyes are on you. No pressure or anything πŸ˜…

Seriously you're standing up for what you believe in and stand for and I respect you so much for that. You're an inspiration to people. You show how powerful someone's voice can be

cloudySummer August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper I can only agree with @mytwistedsoul , and thanks for tagging me! Take good care of yourself, in between all that word-smithing, okay?

August 3rd, 2023

@cloudySummer haha. Okay πŸ‘

Tinywhisper11 August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper even better cups sounds good ❀ although with you leaving it will never be perfect.πŸ€”πŸ€” actually cups became perfect when I became a member. I am pretty awsome... But anyways we will still miss you ❀❀❀

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 1st, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 it true, Lola bean makes cups an awesome place!❀

mytwistedsoul August 1st, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 I second that! You are totally awesome Tiny! ❀️

YourCaringConfidant August 1st, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 I third that! Lol. Tiny is the best Tiny there is. How I β™‘ my sweet Tiny. Xoxo. There's no one like her.

August 3rd, 2023

@Tinywhisper11 exactly!! We dont have to worry abt anything. Tiny is still gonna be here πŸ’•

Cancun August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Your a very brave person. The fact that you still want to help 7cups by explaining why your leaving is going above and beyond. That shows the true character of your nature. Can't wait to read the rest.

August 2nd, 2023

@Cancun thank you ❀️ It's the least I can do

blissfulSky8162 August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

I really hope you do well donald. Hoping to see you as a strong person πŸ’ͺ

August 2nd, 2023

@blissfulSky8162 these little motivations are helpful in making me πŸ’ͺ. Thank you πŸ’•

blissfulTouch29 August 1st, 2023

Sending hugs and well wishes and miss you

August 2nd, 2023

@blissfulTouch29 Thank you πŸ€—. May your bliss touches many people πŸ˜‡

Heather225 August 1st, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Thank you for appreciating our response and everyone else who has replied to you. While we appreciate your idea to start a series of posts, it does not follow our Community Guidelines and we hope you will reflect on our reasoning here.

The community management team has repeatedly reached out to hear your feedback but you refuse to share or engage in problem solving.

Our Community Guidelines encourage engaging in healthy problem solving. This means problem-solving with the goal to continue to make the community better. Engage in healthy debates and conversations which lend themselves to problem-solving and working together. Read more on the topic of healthy problem-solving in this forum.

Proper conflict resolution means dealing with conflict in a supportive manner that benefits both you and the other person involved. Read more on conflict resolution in this forum.

We are a community that is open to learning and growing. We welcome constructive feedback and we celebrate the positive feedback. In order to offer helpful constructive feedback, our Community Guidelines state the following model:

1. Identify the problem or concern.

2. Write it out.

3. Ensure you're not framing any personal opinions as concrete facts, making blanket statements or catastrophizing.

4. Ask what are the emotions that I'm evoking with this feedback?

5. Ask yourself – how would I feel if someone wrote this to me?

6. If you feel good about it, then post it. If you don't feel good about it, then revise it so that you would feel good about it.

Be sure to include solutions along with the feedback you are providing. Ask yourself, 'Okay, if I were to solve this problem, what would I do?" Try to sketch it out in as much detail as you can. Use the following headings:

Problem - please state clearly

Solution - usually the opposite of the problem

Hypothesis 1 - a concrete way we can implement a solution to try to address the problem.

Hypothesis 2 - a second concrete way we can implement a solution to address the problem. In line with our Community Guidelines, moving forward we will be deleting forum posts that violate the above. In such a case, you will be informed of the deletion and if it is in violation of our behaviour point system then you will be assigned behavior point(s). As a sign of good faith, we have not assigned any behavior points to you so far. We would like to state again that we are very open to hearing your feedback and encourage you to respond to the various PMs you have received from the team. This series of posts can be perceived as a sort of slow reveal which can feel like teasing the community. Almost like advertisements for a coming show where you might be perceived as the main actor. Though we appreciate entertainment, and the attractiveness of attention, this goes against the ethos of our community. Authentic and clear help enables us to grow. We look forward to your feedback following these guidelines and encourage everyone reading this to review our Community Guidelines (main ones outlined above).

August 1st, 2023

@Heather225

a) I have replied to the person you are referring to

b) If I were against problem solving I would be silently on my way out by 15th Aug leaving the problem as it is so that it remains unsolved for a longer time

c) I will PM you

fancifulSoul3902 August 2nd, 2023

@Heather225 what do you mean a sign of good faith? I thought glen just got done saying that behavior points were only given after many warnings. I thought you were friends.

TheJenInBlack August 3rd, 2023

@Heather225 I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you pointing all of this out. Doing 8 posts on this subject is ridiculous. If the things that need to be changed need this much time to be put into all of those posts then it seems suspicious that the problems even exist at all.

Also please note I am not trying to be rude or mean to anyone, but it’s honestly upsetting to see how people deal with problems nowadays. It makes me ashamed of my own generation (as a millennial). When there are problems, you have to state them and be willing to talk about solutions. But instead of doing that, everything is posted on a public forum, and when everyone was expecting an explanation for the previous post, instead it was just a prologue. Not one issue has been stated yet, unless I am mistaken. It’s extremely disappointing behavior, despite how long someone has been part of any community or workplace. If the problems are as dire as they’re being portrayed, they should be simple to think of and write in 1 maybe 2 posts.

I apologize if this comes off negatively. I honestly just appreciate 7cups so much, and when people would rather drag something out than address it right away, it bothers me a lot. I feel bad for the 7cups team right now. I have respect for OP for all the work they’ve done and nothing erases that. But either state the problems or leave, it seems simple to me, that’s just my opinion.

August 3rd, 2023

@TheJenInBlack explanation:
1) I am 33. So, this may not be a millennial attention 'stunt' as someone might call it.
2) I am really leaving so this is not for me, this is really for the community.
3) There have been warnings given to me about guidelines and BPS. So, I have to be very careful about what and how I share. So, forgive me if it's not as instant as people expected but I am working on it a lot. I am even trimming down my own thoughts to ensure I am not faultering.
4) If BPS are assigned, I may not be here, that's fine, but the post will be gone and the people will never get to read the next follow up
5) I am in conversation(s) with comm management team in PM and we are ensuring that only constructive posts go out.
Thank you <3

PS: All 8 posts are not based on the same feedback thingy. Just the next two posts mainly (2 and 3 are) rest are part of the last community event I plan as a way of saying my goodbyes to the community.

TheJenInBlack August 3rd, 2023

I hear you. Someone might call it a millennial stunt but I did not just to clarify. I didn’t know your age range but you are a millennial like me. Not sure what BPS is but it seems like guidelines for the forums. Either way, sounds like you’re doing this for the community and that’s cool. Like I said before, the work you’ve done is not erased or forgotten and it’s understandable to want to make a couple or a few posts. 8 is a lot, but I’m only a member here, I don’t have any power in this situation. I stand by what I said but I also wish you good luck in all your future endeavors.

TheJenInBlack August 5th, 2023

Thank you!!

Kickan75 August 2nd, 2023

@DonaldDraper

A final discussion- farewell party would be awesome Don. We are many members and listeners who want to share that moment with you.

(@Heather

I don't understand why you write Don this long post about giving feedback? To me it's like you are already assuming they will do something that is against the guidelines. I'm sorry if I misinterpret your post).

Kickan75 August 2nd, 2023

@Heather225

marvellous70 August 2nd, 2023

Oh Don! Feels like yesterday when we used to have our good days with all others but now I realize years have gone by between all this and seeing you going isn't something that'll be easy. You have had been an asset for cups. Even after everything, I really wish you best of luck for your plans ahead and thank you for whatever you have done. <3 <3

August 3rd, 2023

@marvellous70 Thank you <3 for being an unforgettable part of those days too. All the best πŸ€—

Tinywhisper11 August 5th, 2023

@DonaldDraper here you go uncle donald! A nice present 🎁.. Open it😁 we must open it very carefully πŸ”¨ carrree πŸ”¨πŸ”¨fullyyy. Oh look its a note. It says "I.O.U a goodbye present 😁😁don't worry I get paid on the 16th. Oh... Wait.. Your leaving in the 15th πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” oh well I'll just give you a kiss πŸ’‹ instead😘