Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's Your Favorite Self Care Activity?

honeypie720 June 28th, 2020

Hey everyone!

No matter what is going on in our lives, we should always find time to do the things that make us happy to be who we are. Self care isn

Dajia215 June 28th, 2020

@honeypie720. I Love this post!!!! My Self care activities are just cuddling with my daughter it always relaxes me:)

LuckyDucky79 June 29th, 2020

Great idea!

Mine are: Hiking, watching Bob Ross, cuddling with my dog, cooking, tai chi, papercraft.

ItsBrit02 June 29th, 2020

I love just spending time with my family and having a good laugh with them (: Never fails to relax me!

HerSecrets June 29th, 2020

I like to have a hot CBD bath with bubbles.

CheeryMango June 29th, 2020

Cold showers and baking

lyricalAngel70 June 29th, 2020

@honeypie720

Oh, there are many!!

Few of them: Self-help books, regular workout, mindfulness, etc.

nordurnStar June 29th, 2020

@lyricalAngel70 Any especially good self help books you've run into?

lyricalAngel70 June 30th, 2020

@nordurnStar

Hi, I am currently reading "The Power Of Subconscious Mind" by Dr. Joseph Murphy & "Attitude Is Everything" by Jeff Keller. Are you too into reading? :)

nordurnStar June 30th, 2020

@lyricalAngel70 I am! In exchange for your recommendation, I'll recommend The Inner World of Trauma by Donald Kalsched. It's ostensibly focused on dream work but the ideas it discusses are applicable more widely. Thank you!

lyricalAngel70 June 30th, 2020

@nordurnStar

Thanks a lot. <3

nordurnStar June 29th, 2020

I try to find a task that I can actually complete in a matter of hours. Grad school is a marathon of far-off deadlines. Sometimes it helps to be able to finish something completely in the midst of all that.

mysteriousPeace6809 June 29th, 2020

Doing long walks listening to music and reading books

nars12 June 29th, 2020

@mysteriousPeace6809 long walks are everything !

Iliveonbooksalone June 29th, 2020

@honeypie720

I love reading, and spending time with my little brother. Also gymnastics and playing the piano.

leesemarie June 29th, 2020

Reading either late at night or early in the morning when all is quiet, and drinking some tea. I also bring out my mini-christmas tree and turn it on just because I find the lights to be soothing. Who cares what time of year it is? :p

comfortableSummer2144 June 29th, 2020

@leesemarie

I love music, reading and colouring

leesemarie July 1st, 2020

@comfortableSummer2144

I also love coloring and have tried out a couple of those Johanna Basford books. Do you have any preferred colored pencils?

honeypie720 OP June 29th, 2020

@leesemarie

I love Christmas lights and the whole vibe, so I love that idea! Very cute!

@honeypie720

Thank you! I hope it helps you if you decide to try it out

survivorstarr June 29th, 2020

@honeypie720

Music and colorings

survivorstarr June 29th, 2020

@survivorstarr

*coloring lol

Jennifer77 June 30th, 2020

Baths when my chair lift is working

Jaylashere21 June 30th, 2020

Drinking water or going by the lake.. or taking a walk so calming😊

CoolBeans29 June 30th, 2020

Changing my hairstyle! I like to experiment with color A LOT

Goldcherry2113 June 30th, 2020

Og Gosh, I have so many. I love taking a candle light bath with some celtic music. Watching my favorite movie with tea under a heavy blanket. Playing video games, going outside hiking, swimming ect. I read, write, sketch. Just really depends what I feel like that day.

brightbubbles88 June 30th, 2020

my fav self care activity (and usual my go to) would probably be watercoloring and listening to musicheart

@brightbubbles88

I've tried watercoloring based on Youtube tutorials but it is harder than it looks! I know I'm using too much water because my paper always ends up curling.

brightbubbles88 July 1st, 2020

@leesemarie i feel that aha-the youtube tutorials definetely makes watercolouring seem easier than it is! most of the time i just end up mixing colours and water together and wait to see what turns out lol :)

Hydrangea03 July 1st, 2020

Playing Animal Crossing!!! Does anyone else here play it too? :P

PhaedrusMaynard July 2nd, 2020

Drinking black tea with lemon and honey

dkwhat July 4th, 2020

I love to put on some music and organizing my closet or something. It feels like I have control over things and helps organize my mind aswell.

Music always helps me, either to feel more calm, happy or sad.

I also like talking to an old friend, it's exciting. Or somehow expressing myself creatively.

lilblackcat89 July 7th, 2020

So far bubble baths, gardening or just sitting outside, and talking to people in a high trust environment. I used to think I was an introvert, now I'm wondering if I'm just a traumatized extrovert who's scared to talk to most people. Because if I can get up a good rapport with someone, and really trust them, I think I can talk for a long time with them without getting tired at all. The exhausting part of talking to someone is the trust dance. What do they mean when they say that, what's safe to say here, what are the rules. If I don't know the rules it stresses me out. With my closer friends, I take them as they are and they take me as I am and if either of us says something hinky we know how to discuss it gently without upsetting anybody, even my hypersensitive self. 😛 I also enjoy learning to make things and other practical skills because it raises my confidence to know I'm capable of many things.

Other self care activities I would like to get more into are going for walks, listening to music in a more organized way (I have no music library oops), following a more serene before bed schedule and eating more healthily.

October 17th, 2020

I really like petting my cats.

lovelyWords13 August 11th, 2021

time with my cat as she loves comfort and gives so much love

candlewaxkate August 19th, 2021

I'd say for me, just relaxing in my room and taking time for myself. My parents call it "hiding in my hole", but taking time away from the family craziness is something that helps me a lot.

crystalz7 August 26th, 2021

Going for a hike with my dog :) just us and nature, helps to take the mind off hectic everyday life