Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trends You Don’t Understand

Muse4apoem May 3rd

What trends make you wonder how they got popular? Or just confuse you?

I work in healthcare I know the Stanley cup story but still just why? So many people have them! I don’t know if it’s mostly a hospital thing. They are difficult to clean. Then they get all scratched up. Plus so expensive!

Also I’m just probably just not the right generation. I’m close to 38 here. But I don’t get Tic Tok like at all I’m sorry. I love YouTube I want a story.

ALL MY OPINIONS!

ALL OF THIS IS OPINIONS OF COURSE!

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

I come from a college football town. I wasn’t 100% into it was fun but come on lol. They get so drunk and party and destroy everything.

Torean May 8th

@Muse4apoem

Same.  I got my car stolen once on a game day.  I actually lived close enough that I was maybe a 20 minute walk to the stadium.  So many people were around that I guess it was even easier to take it.

@Torean

Did they ever find it???

Torean June 15th

@jesusredeemedme2425

Yeah. On the side of a road with its engine missing.  And... They didn't investigate it for weeks.  We received a ticket in the mail for having it "illegally parked".  Once we called, they cleaned up their act in a hurry.

The officer that failed to correctly report it stolen is the same one that pulled me over for no reason one night and called backup.  They had me follow the light with my eyes, shined it up my nose, and searched my car.  Then when he couldn't find any indication that I was under the influence or in possession of anything illegal, he broke my taillight and said that he pulled me over because my taillight was out.

Wow :(

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

Black Friday is lame lol so is cyber Monday. Just look out for a good deal who cares. I try to get something someone actually needs lol.

NotAllHere713 May 8th

@Torean 

Is Black Friday still a thing? I remember when stores used to give out free stuff for the first 50+ customers. But now if you pay attention, stuff goes on sale a few months before Thanksgiving. Then the prices go back up. Then on Black Friday the same items go on "Special" at the discount price they were 2 months before. 

Tinywhisper11 May 8th

@NotAllHere713 @Torean @Muse4apoem 

in the UK  we have black Friday deals, then January sales, then Easter sales, then summer sales, then end of summer sales. It's just the same the same prices people there's always a bl@@dy sale.

and go jets!! Woohoooo! 😂😂😂😂😂

Torean May 8th

@Tinywhisper11

Lol lawd.  Hopefully the UK sales aren't as bad as American Black Friday

Torean May 8th

@NotAllHere713

Pretty much.  It was still going strong in 2018 when I was partially working retail.  It was bad enough that an old lady was demanding the *one* cart she couldn't have because it was being used as a display for small stuff on sale.  That small stuff ended up everywhere on the floor because she had a tantrum over it.

@Torean

People are strange XD

NotAllHere713 May 11th

@Torean 

I remember working retail. It sucks! I feel sorry for my daughter because she is working in retail now. 

Torean May 11th

@NotAllHere713

Yeah, no one should have to work retail. 😔 I have a pretty quick temper with bad customers.  I wasn't very nice to them.  I was a retail hero in other ways though.  I let people know every time they were trying to buy a censored copy of a CD.  There was only one person who ever meant to buy the edited version the entire time I worked that job.

@Torean

And don't get me started on toilet paper fights during the early days of the pandemic... XD

I never understood people loving football period. XD

Torean May 10th

@jesusredeemedme2425

Ugh, my mom was one of them, I don't even know how she managed to get all that toilet paper when she has to use a motorized riding cart in the store.

I don't really get the appeal of football either.  😅  It's so very, very little action, yet it takes so very, very long.  So many replays and commentator talking.  

@Torean

She has mad skillz. lol

I only watch the Superbowl for the commercials, the free food, and the commercial bingo where we can win some really cool prizes! <3

Torean May 12th

@jesusredeemedme2425

Lol, apparently 

I could be talked into the super bowl for free food.  Good prizes are cool, but I hate bingo 😡 I never win

I LOVE FREE FOOD <3

So?? Playing is still fun <3

AvyIsKing May 8th

@Muse4apoem

two words. Sephora kids. 

Also money peices. My sister has them and they give me bride of Frankenstein vibes

Muse4apoem OP May 8th

Yeah that hair style is ugly. I can not help but stare when women get it. I never heard of Sephora kids that sounds ridiculous lol. Kids don’t need make up.

@AvyIsKing

TIL about both of those XD

NotAllHere713 May 8th

@Muse4apoem 

Spending $100 + on a ticket to Disneyland to stand in line for 2-3 hours to buy a $20 +/- popcorn bucket that ends up at a Donation store for $3. (Not to mention parking, additional food, drinks, ears, etc.)

Muse4apoem OP May 8th

I’ve never been to Disney. You're right though plus you would probably get sunburned.

Muse4apoem OP May 8th

Candy crush! I heard about that lady reaching that high level! That sounds insane! I don’t know how that even works. I have other things I have to do lol!

@Muse4apoem

It IS super addicting. lol

AvyIsKing May 10th

@Muse4apoem

my grandma is on level like 7,000 or something 

The skibidi toilet, mewing and sigma are all confusing to me

@OhHelloThereImHere

The what now??? I sorta know what mewing is, but what are the rest???

I have no idea

freshman12 May 10th

Being pride and bragging about something you have is natural but it's the top trend since the beginning of time lol

Muse4apoem OP May 10th

I don’t get crop tops. I bought a sweatshirt style one at the beach by accident. I’m kinda disappointed I don’t wear it much. I feel awkward wearing it. I feel like my shirt got half ate up. I really think my dryer shrunk it some also. So I just have a half ill fitting sweat shirt.

Olive1Q82 May 11th

On of my co-workers got a Stanley for Christmas. He didn’t want it so I gave it to my daughter. It was her favorite gift this year. 😆

i don’t understand it either.

Growing up, I remember first experiencing this sensation with Troll Dolls and later with Beanie Babies. Since then, trends have gotten way, way worse. It’s deeply psychological, but most people will not admit this. 😆

Muse4apoem OP May 11th

I had trolls but not beanies. I loved my trolls lol even though they were ugly I had a whole family and a house!

amusingWest5360 May 11th

@Muse4apoem I don't understand the trend to use 6 to 7 skincare products..do these teens and those in their twenties read these products or are they just using them cause everyone else does. I mean all u really need is a good facial wash, a face lotion and maybe a good face mask. 

Muse4apoem OP May 11th

That is so true I just use a good face wash and moisturizer. Sometimes I use a face mask. I get comments saying I have great skin a few times, I wash it and put moisture on I have to or it will “suffer” plus vitamins do help. Not really a beauty secret. ❤️ plus I don’t smoke I try to drink plenty of water.

Muse4apoem OP May 11th

Can someone tell me the difference between a instapot and a crockpot?

I’ve been genuinely curious about this forever.

Sheena39 May 12th

@Muse4apoem it's not a trend but it's a phrase called " that slaps! " I think they mean awesome lol

I mean… Being slapped doesn’t sound awesome to me XD

1.) I agree on the Stanley cup thing it's Ludacris.

2.) Little kids with cell phones and tablets, it may be how I was raised, but kids are getting to glued to them.

3.) Face piercings, eyeball tattoos, eyelid tattoos, and the black out tattoos.

4.) There's probably a bunch more there just not coming to me.

Why would people get eyeball tattoos????? O.O