Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trends You Don’t Understand

Muse4apoem May 3rd

What trends make you wonder how they got popular? Or just confuse you?

I work in healthcare I know the Stanley cup story but still just why? So many people have them! I don’t know if it’s mostly a hospital thing. They are difficult to clean. Then they get all scratched up. Plus so expensive!

Also I’m just probably just not the right generation. I’m close to 38 here. But I don’t get Tic Tok like at all I’m sorry. I love YouTube I want a story.

ALL MY OPINIONS!

ALL OF THIS IS OPINIONS OF COURSE!

Innovarefy May 6th

@Muse4apoem

sport bras a shirts, some people can pull it off but i cant lol

Muse4apoem OP May 6th

That’s all I wear because I hate regular bras. 🤣 But I don’t wear them outside of my shirt I’m not that confident.

Innovarefy May 7th

@Muse4apoem

I feel like only a cup girlies can pull it off in public otherwise people say "shes showing off" happened to me a lot growing up

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

It’s true they gush over them. “Oh look at her’s” like it’s a purse. I get the concept but an overpriced cup that you can’t clean well lol.

@Muse4apoem when a person literally goes viral for bopping their head to a song or lip-syncing 

Muse4apoem OP May 6th

Yeah I can totally agree with you on that!

Whoever decided this was a good idea... 🙄

images-6_1715059496.jpeg

wired-wired-news-and-science-why-the-milk-crate-challenge-structure-fails_1715059483.jpg

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

Yes! I don’t get that either!

NotAllHere713 May 7th

@Muse4apoem 

A trend I don't understand: Ship names for couples- Ex. Bennifer (Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez) or friends that fans match together. There are even name generators!

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

I think it’s just people being a fan. Needing one more thing to obsesses over. Plus they think it’s cute. They probably think the couple is going to “last a life time.” 😂

David57 May 7th

@Muse4apoem

You mean like getting one's latest girlfriend's name tattooed on one's forehead? 

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

Ha ha my ex got my initials tattooed on his arm. I think it’s a bit different. He was really smitten with me. (Not my idea) He came back over and over after we broke up. Yeah I don’t get celebrities getting tats either with partners. They have a shorter attention span with partners.

AvyIsKing May 8th

@Muse4apoem

okay so actually very fun fact! My dad is a tattooist and hes never tattooed someones initials or name on their s.o and had them stay together that he knows of. Hes been tattooing over 20 years. Its kinda a taboo curse in the industry 

David57 May 7th

Piercings and facial jewellery.

If both have them it must make a good snog somewhat precarious!

MickMoss July 23rd

Me with my snake bites 👀 (lip piercings)

freshman12 May 7th

Everyone mixes English with their language when they speak 😄

@freshman12

Ok that one I understand lol...

I have coworkers who use English words interspersed with Spanish because their language either doesn't have a word for it, or they LEGIT CAN'T REMEMBER that one word in their language! XD (I always forget basic words sometimes lol)

freshman12 May 10th

Oh okay lol. Mostly Indians do that to show off 😄

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

I don’t understand Crocs. I get they’re comfortable but some people put those crazy charms on them. The colors! (Don’t get me wrong I LOVE COLOR!) What do people do when they step in a puddle?

Also I owned a pair of Croc SANDALS not the shoes. They lasted for years. Completely different from the shoe it was all black and plain. Very comfortable. I’m talking about the shoes lol.

freshman12 May 7th

The one who creates is no problem but the people who follows it which ends up as a trend. I think everything about people is meant to be contagious. Maybe it's the nature of mind.

Tinywhisper11 May 7th

@Muse4apoem trends I don't understand 🤔🤔🤔 pandora bracelets, people can spend £100 pound in a little tiny charm😮😮😮😮 laughing at people who are not funny, we should make a stand and tell them... We're not taking laughing anymore, f**k you get funnier!!!!!😏

celebrities who started the eating a placenta thing😝😝😝 then parents who won't reveal a child's gender or give baby a name, till baby's old enough to make own mind up!?!?? I mean what!?!! Getting married, don't understand that.

🤔🤔 that's all I can think of right now😁

Tinywhisper11 May 7th

@Tinywhisper11 we are not fake laughing anymore*

freshman12 May 7th

I think this fact is the important one innit 😄

Tinywhisper11 May 8th

@freshman12 yeah. But I know I'm funny😁 so don't need to fake laugh there😁

freshman12 May 8th

Of course no one wouldn't even say you're not funny and no one has said it so far because you're funny 😁 and no fake laugh here at all. You mentioned the fact twice so I just gave a comment 😁

Tinywhisper11 May 8th

@freshman12 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

Yeah pandora the thing is absurd. Maybe I just don’t understand rich people. 🤣 I wish people would let kids be kids.

NotAllHere713 May 8th

@Tinywhisper11 

Can we add gender reveal parties to this list? Especially after that couple started that huge forest fire in CA. Why ????

Tinywhisper11 May 8th

@NotAllHere713 yes we can ❤ adds it to the top of the list ❤

@NotAllHere713

People are dumb?? XD

Tinywhisper11 May 10th

@jesusredeemedme2425 some people😁

@Tinywhisper11

Why are people eating placentas????? O.O

Tinywhisper11 May 10th

@jesusredeemedme2425 a celebrity started it off, then it became a phase in the world of celebritys😝😝😝😝

@Tinywhisper11

EWWWWW just... no. XD

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

Hashtags do people even click on those? I don’t lol I felt silly the 2 times I even wrote them. What’s the point? #whocares #clickbait ha ha 😆

Tinywhisper11 May 7th

@Muse4apoem ############

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

Muse4apoem OP May 7th

Clickbait!

@Muse4apoem

The fact that younger people refer to "#" as hashtags, and us older ones saying pound signs XD

Torean May 7th

@Muse4apoem

Wow, I agree so much with you on everything that's currently in this thread.  😁

I don't get why people act like rabid animals on Black Friday.  Most of the deals aren't even that good, and stuff is moving online anyway.

I also don't get why people well into their adult years still care about college football.  It just seems a little sad to me, like, at least move on to the pros or something.  😂