Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My little disability space [TW]

AvyIsKing December 16th, 2023

Hi! My name is Avy. I'm 15 years old. Basically I am going to use this space to rant about pain, the affects of my disability, and weird little things about it no one notices. 

Let me explain my story a little bit:

So in 2021 I was playing soccer and I got stepped on, and then stepped on again early 2022. I went to my doctor and she sent me to an orthopedic doctor. That was when the surgeon said he was surprised I hadn't been to see him sooner. Because of my injury I ended up with severe tendinitis and arthritis in my foot. I was sent to physical therapy. Through months of intense physical therapy 4 times a week and going to the surgeon every 3 weeks, he figured this out. I have naturally high arches, it runs in my family. But for some reason the tendons in my foot stopped growing when I was about 7. Which explains why my feet have always hurt. As I'm getting older and taller it's getting worse and one day the tendons in my feet will snap. I also have tri-pod foot (that's what he called it) from my heels being misaligned. Basically only 3 really small points on my feet ever touch the ground. Not even my toes 😨. I've gone through 2 pairs of inserts, I do physical therapy every dang day, and nothings working. Basically now my only option is surgery. Since I've been limping for 2 years my knee has been affected and so has my hips. This whole process has been really isolating and discouraging. I kind of just want it over. 

Anyway lots of weird things happen so I'll share them here!

AvyIsKing OP February 14th

@Tinywhisper11

yessssss (: jeffy will love to come with !

Tinywhisper11 February 15th

@AvyIsKing how are you feeling today? ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP February 17th

@Tinywhisper11

Sorry I never replied 🥲 having a rough couple days. I'm at my grandparents right now, I am just about ready to go to a birthday party and then to deliver cookies. It's going to be a busy day 😴 I'll sleep in the car hehe 🥺 I think I'm more just dreading tomorrow 😞 it's my bad exes birthday and I also have to see my brother 😞❤

Tinywhisper11 February 18th

@AvyIsKing 😞😢😢 please be safe ❤❤❤

AvyIsKing OP February 18th

@Tinywhisper11

Had an exhausting day. I'm in a lot of pain, had some emotional issues. 

How was your day 

Tinywhisper11 February 17th

@AvyIsKing I'm here if you need me ❤

@AvyIsKing I'm not surprised you had some emotional issues today 😞 your pain levels are high today? Try get some rest ❤❤hopefully tommorow will be a better day ❤❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤ I love you

@Tinywhisper11

i just woke up from a nap. Since our timezones are different, the scary day starts in about 8 hours its almost 11pm here. I was just blaring music and a triggering song came on that I love but idk, I guess I'm more fragile then I look. 

My mom hinted today like she wants me to have a kid 😞

@AvyIsKing oh sad songs😥 yeah they will bring you down. You don't have to be strong, not all the time. Your allowed to be vulnerable, allowed to feel ❤❤ but I know deep inside is a warrior than can never be broken ❤ and what!!!!!!!! Your 15 🤔🤔 or 16 you shouldn't even have to think about having a child for like another 10 years and then only if you want to, not cause your mum wants you to. That's crazy. I'm sorry sweetie I know she's your mum, but I don't like that woman. And here's a tip, pretend to be ill or not able to wake up, so you don't have to face today.😉 otherwise God bless you, you are a much better person than I am ❤ I'm right here for you, if you need m e or need to vent . I love you ❤

@Tinywhisper11

i love you too ❤️❤️🥺🥺 your kind words mean sosos much. 

And I did try but I have church in a bit so I got yelled at 😞 

and dw I don't like my mum either

Tinywhisper11 February 19th

@AvyIsKing 😞 if I was healthy and I'm a different posistion I would come and steal you and your sister and jeffy, and we would get you healthy and live a life full of only fun and smiles. If you ever get in a position where your frightened, please please call the police. I know you don't want to and it's the last option,  but if you are frightened for your safety please call for backup ok?

AvyIsKing OP February 19th

@Tinywhisper11

that would be amazing, and i will I promise. Oh we are getting a new bunny! He is 3, he is smaller than jeffy, he's all black. My sister wants to name him Darwin or Nico, I want her to name him Will Smith :p we are getting him tomorrow, so ill post a picture. 

Yesterday was honestly the hardest day I've had in a really really long time. We went out to eat and I was taking my meds and my brother told me I've never actually felt real pain. That hit me different. We had a few issues of him berating me, but it went okay. My cousin is here and her and I just talked for hours. Like we just talked about life. I told her I needed help with my boyfriend and she helped and I texted him and we are awaiting a reply. She then knew it was my exs bday, because I thanked her. Then me and my mom got in a really really bad fight. I asked her if maybe she could drop me off halfway through errands because of my foot, because I'm really sekf conscious about my boot and hurting and all of that. She told me to grow up and get over it and not to interrupt private conversations, even tho it was me her andmy sister just sitting there. She made me cry and then decided all of this is my boyfriends fault. That stung 😞

Tinywhisper11 February 19th

@AvyIsKing I'm so sorry sweetie 😞 is it ok if I add your mother to my hit list??😈 I'm glad you had your cousin there ❤❤ ignore all the stupid statement s your mum and brother made, they don't know what their talking about. A new bunny for your sister awwww ❤ yaaay! Yep will Smith sounds good😂😂😂😂😂😂 hugs you tightly ❤ I hope you get to relax now for a few days, stay of that foot. ❤❤❤ 

AvyIsKing OP February 19th

@Tinywhisper11

Totally add her >:) it's my grandma's birthday so we are at the mall, lots of walking 

Tinywhisper11 February 20th

@AvyIsKing pop to the toilet and just sit there for a hour to rest ❤  happy birthday avis grandma. Hope you get to relax soon ❤

AvyIsKing OP February 20th

@Tinywhisper11

I'm in the car on the way back to Tennessee, so I get to sit all day :)

Me and my boyfriend just broke up officially but it was mutual and so respectful honestly. Like we both love each other he just needs to be a kid and I'm not in that place right now 

Tinywhisper11 February 21st

@AvyIsKing you live in tennesse??😮😮😮 like where Dolly parton lived???😮😮😮 I'm glad you broke up with your boyfriend in a nice way ❤❤ but please please start dating real cowboys, that would be so cool😍

AvyIsKing OP February 21st

@Tinywhisper11

yesssss!!! I actually know some cowboys! 

And the new bunnys name is Theodore

Tinywhisper11 February 22nd

@AvyIsKing awwww you need to get a alvin and simon ❤❤ you know some cowboys 😍 I am so not jealous 😩😩😩😩😩😩😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 ok next things to do number 1) get better ❤ number2) marry a cowboy, and live on a ranch😁

AvyIsKing OP February 22nd

@Tinywhisper11

Theodore is actually a girl (thank heaven we noticed before we introduced her to jeffy, who is un nutured) so her new name is Gwendolyn 🤭🤭

Also my knee swelled today 🥲

Tinywhisper11 February 22nd

@AvyIsKing Gwendolyn I've never heard that name before. And yep good job you noticed😂😂😂 your knee is swollen😥 the more you report and complain about theese things to the doctors, the quicker they will help you. I hope your mum called the doctor. Is it really painful?😞 are you resting? Please look after yourself ❤

@Tinywhisper11

awww, we are calling her Gwen for short. I didn't tell the doctor, but its a normal symptom. It just gets all stiff and painful and puffy, and I walked up stairs with it like that 😅 its okay now, the same thing happened with my elbow last night and it locked upn

Tinywhisper11 February 23rd

@AvyIsKing awww bless you ❤ I hope this operation hurries up, and I really hope it fixes all or most of your health issues. Your incredibly strong, I'm so proud of you ❤ please just relax this weekend hugs you tightly ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP February 23rd

@tinywhisper11 

I just had the booth, I'm in so much pain I'm aboit to cry. Huggsss unfortunately I have a really busy weekend, with a dance and a booth sale. I can rest Monday Tuesday. Operation is looking at June or July 😞 my mom got me fried pickles tho and I love those so much 

@AvyIsKing my poor lil friend😞 only do what you can ❤❤ try and sit down and dance at the dance. Hugs you gently, and blows a protective bubble around you do you won't be in so much pain ❤❤

@Tinywhisper11

i say i will but i probably wont. I love dancing 🥺 and sunday i have another 4 hour booth 😞 but at least I am also working on planning my sweet 16

@AvyIsKing will your operation be before your sweet 16th??? And it's ok go have fun at the danc e ❤❤ just be careful ❤❤ hugs you tightly ❤

@Tinywhisper11

nope sadly,ill actually be 16 on march 20th and my party is the next Sunday, i believe the 26th (: I'm going to wear a dress and my new shoes I'm excited! 

@AvyIsKing awwww well that's ok, cause at least you won't be in recovery period on your birthday. New shoes and a dress I bet you'll look beautiful ❤❤ and please remind me closer to your birthday cause I'll never remember dates ❤

@tinywhisper11 

oki ill remind you :0 

i somehow got a sinus infection but you know me and im *stubborn* so im still going to band and everything, im just hoping that standing in the cold rain for a few hours last night didn't make it worse 

Hi, yall get a senseless little rant today 

So from the outside I look like a perfectly capable person, when I'm not wearing my boot. But I'm not. I have a really really hard time standing up by myself sometimes. So when I'm in public I tend to use the handicap stalls, just so I can use the hand rail. Well today some lady literally glared at me and told me that I should save the stall for people who need it. I do need it tho. She made me feel so small and angry. It wasn't her place to say that. Then I unloaded the car by myself and I told my mom i should've brought my boot and she said it was just a grocery trip I need to grow up. It was like 4 hours of walking today 😞

I'm so tired of this  

Tinywhisper11 February 24th

@AvyIsKing 😞😞😞😞 why doesn't your mum, have more sympathy towards her own daughter!!!!!! You deserve love and sympathy lots and lots of looking after. If I was taking you shopping I would make you sit in the kart and push you around, and not let you unload it carry those heavy bags. Damn! That woman. And that other woman had no right to say anything to you, or five you a dirty look. There are many silent dissabilities, as well as obvious ones. No one should comment on noone else. *** old woman! And a sinus infection! Nose, ears or throat??? Are you coming down with a cold?? How did band practice go??

AvyIsKing OP February 24th

@Tinywhisper11

i did get to push the cart which was good since I could lean on it (: idk my mom is insane. Yeah that lady was really mean, but I guess she does have a point. Like if it was between me and someone in a chair, obviously the person with the chair can use it. Its affecting my ears my nose and my throat ): my chest hurt really bad last night and I'm worried I could have pneumonia from being out in the cold rain. Band was good! I got to see my friend I haven't seen in 3 weeks. Me and my friends made jokes and I wasn't wearing my boot and people yelled at me 😂😂😂

Tinywhisper11 February 25th

@AvyIsKing I'm glad they yelled at you😁 but I'm glad you had fun. Yeah you need to get your chest looked at, it could be something antibiotics or steroids can sort out if you go early enough. So yeah! Get a doctor appointment soon. Pushing the kart looks quite fun😁 I'd rather sit in it though. Weeeeeeeee!

AvyIsKing OP February 25th

@Tinywhisper11

I had a dance last night and i wore my boot and everything went fine, except one time I tripped on my boot and fell, it was funny! 

I woke up today and my lungs are at like half capacity (which I guess is how normal people breathe, i have really big strong lungs) but i feel like I'm drowning so i don't have to go to the cookie booth, I'm going to stay home, sit on my couch, watch my favorite show and work on some cups stuff (:

Tinywhisper11 February 25th

@AvyIsKing yes take it easy ❤❤ watch tv and sleep lots ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP February 25th

@tinywhisper11 

I will I promise iamproudofyou-my-hero.gif

Tinywhisper11 February 26th

@AvyIsKing 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 that's right young lady you listen 😂😂😂😂😂😂

AvyIsKing OP February 26th

@Tinywhisper11

i feel so sick ): and i almost forgot to take my pain meds last night and i got in really bad pain again. my lungs just don't want to work on me i guess