Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My little disability space [TW]

AvyIsKing December 16th, 2023

Hi! My name is Avy. I'm 15 years old. Basically I am going to use this space to rant about pain, the affects of my disability, and weird little things about it no one notices. 

Let me explain my story a little bit:

So in 2021 I was playing soccer and I got stepped on, and then stepped on again early 2022. I went to my doctor and she sent me to an orthopedic doctor. That was when the surgeon said he was surprised I hadn't been to see him sooner. Because of my injury I ended up with severe tendinitis and arthritis in my foot. I was sent to physical therapy. Through months of intense physical therapy 4 times a week and going to the surgeon every 3 weeks, he figured this out. I have naturally high arches, it runs in my family. But for some reason the tendons in my foot stopped growing when I was about 7. Which explains why my feet have always hurt. As I'm getting older and taller it's getting worse and one day the tendons in my feet will snap. I also have tri-pod foot (that's what he called it) from my heels being misaligned. Basically only 3 really small points on my feet ever touch the ground. Not even my toes 😨. I've gone through 2 pairs of inserts, I do physical therapy every dang day, and nothings working. Basically now my only option is surgery. Since I've been limping for 2 years my knee has been affected and so has my hips. This whole process has been really isolating and discouraging. I kind of just want it over. 

Anyway lots of weird things happen so I'll share them here!

tearstruck March 29th

@AvyIsKing

😭😭😭<3 I'm so sorry you're going through that much pain, that's horrible 😢 Anything you can do to help it? Heat? Ice? Medical treatment? Anything at all? Or something to distract you a bit? 😭😭❤️ take care :'( <3

AvyIsKing OP March 29th

@tearstruck

heat and ice dont work, and i already take antiinflammatories and pain meds 😭 ill tell my dr but i dont see them until may 14th ): just trying to hold out til thej

tearstruck March 29th

@AvyIsKing ohhhhh 😭😭 is it possible to make a sooner appointment? There's also health info lines and other drs but I don't think they'd be able to do much, hospital of course if it gets really bad, not sure ❤️😭 that's a lot to deal with though :'( maybe hopefully the medicines you're taking will eventually take more effect ❤️

AvyIsKing OP March 29th

@tearstruck

I cant get an appointment any earlier TvT im just hoping, hoping and praying i get relief soon 

tearstruck March 30th

@AvyIsKing ohhh 😭 I really really hope so as well <3<3<3<3 take care 💕

yellowThinker7831 March 30th

@AvyIsKing

avy i really have no words to express myself i am sure you might musst be tired of hearing sorry and its gonna be okay sincerely i just wanna u to hang on it doesnt last what defines our life is the smiles and happy moments not the pains

AvyIsKing OP March 30th

@yellowThinker7831

hey ❤️ your words mean so much to me, seriously ❤️❤️ i know sometimes i get hopeless but sometimes i do have hope. ❤️ thank you 🥺

yellowThinker7831 March 30th

@AvyIsKing

i am glad i could make u feel better

Tinywhisper11 March 30th

@AvyIsKing hey sweetie ❤ how are you feeling now? I'm just gonna come down there and hide your sledgehammer. I hope you got some relief and managed to sleep ❤ I love you ❤

AvyIsKing OP March 30th

@Tinywhisper11

im exhausted and I feel super weak, i think i am sick just hiding it. I love you so much ❤️❤️ how are you?

AvyIsKing OP April 1st

Sitting all day is terrible. 

Im having a terrible pain day,but I'm in the car all day because my mom decided road trip for 0 reason. 

I almost want to get a pin that people sell that says "I have an invisible disability" but people in public should just let me exist with what I need 🥲

Tinywhisper11 April 2nd

@AvyIsKing 😞 feels your pain and frustration😥 gives you a giant tiny hug ❤ says a little prayer for you ❤❤I'm so sorry your suffering so badly, it's not fair. I wish those doctors hurry up and help you

AvyIsKing OP April 2nd

@Tinywhisper11

hugs ❤️❤️ yeah I hope the doctors hurry up. Im loosing hope 😞

Tinywhisper11 April 2nd

@AvyIsKing no don't loose hope, never loose hope. it's not easy going through the pain your feeling, it can break even the strongest person.  ❤❤❤ hugs you tightly ❤❤I love you ❤ never give up ok?

AvyIsKing OP April 2nd

@Tinywhisper11

i love you toooo <3 im trying, im just going to keep trying. its just a lot of pain 😞 and I've been skipping my meds and hoarding them because im worried my mom is gonna keep saying i cant have them yet. yesterday she made me wait til 11pm ):

Tinywhisper11 April 3rd

@AvyIsKing ohhh! Please be careful with taking your meds ❤ I wish I could be there to just hug you ❤ are you managing to sleep ok?

AvyIsKing OP April 3rd

@Tinywhisper11

not too much. We had really bad storms last night so no sleep for men

Tinywhisper11 April 3rd

@AvyIsKing oh storms are scary 😥 sorry sweetie, I hope you can get some rest tonight ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤ and a lollypop 🍭

AvyIsKing OP April 3rd

@Tinywhisper11

im actually really excited because i might be going to a few of my friends church tonight :0 my friend said shed bring me a cupcake :0 big hugssssssss

Tinywhisper11 April 4th

@AvyIsKing yaaaay! Cupcake😋 have lots of fun ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP April 4th

@Tinywhisper11

I didnt get to go, the leader ended up in the hospital then passing away. Instead i had a lovely breakdown 

Tinywhisper11 April 7th

@AvyIsKing ohhhhh damn! I'm so sorry.😥

AvyIsKing OP April 7th

I woke up in the worst pain I've had in a long time. I keep thinking "it can't get worse" but it can. And it did. I feel like I got hit by a truck (at first this said bit by a truck 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭) my knee turned purple the other day, and my foot is barely functioning anymore. It just sucks, so bad. I'm counting down the days til my test, til July, when I have my surgery, and I just.... I know it's so far away. It's really hard. I can't just say i need to stay in bed today. Even though I do. I don't have that choice. Between my mental health and all my pain I'm just so tired. I wish the doctors would hurry up all ready 😞😞

Tinywhisper11 April 7th

@AvyIsKing cries with you 😭😭 I'm a sorry sweetie, pain is incredibly draining physically and mentally. It just sucks😟 and why their taking so long to help you is really bad😢 hugs you tightly ❤

AvyIsKing OP April 7th

@Tinywhisper11

Hugs

I made a deal with my body. So far it isn't working very well

Tinywhisper11 April 8th

@AvyIsKing ok first of all let's forget about the deal you made with your body. That's not the best deal after all.🙁 I really really really hope your mum steps up her game here. Her baby is in so much agony and suffering, she needs to be doing more for you. Damn! She shouldn't be even resting till she knows she's done everything in her power, to get you better as quickly as possible. Gives you the biggest hug in the world ❤ how are you doing now?

AvyIsKing OP April 8th

@Tinywhisper11

hugssss <3 not to great honestly, i had a really really bad night. im just really really tired ): 

AvyIsKing OP April 11th

TWWWW- im not in a crisis, dont mean to come across that way (: also mentions of sledgehammers, surgery, neglect 

so i went to my grandmas yesterday, she used to work at a doctors office and was like a nurse / pa, i don't really remember what specifically she did. she looked at my knee for a bit and listened to my symptoms and was like honey you either tore your meniscus or some other form of cartilage. this is bad. she then made me sit and rest, even though she full well knows that i cant stop and rest at home. things have gotten so bad. i was cleaning my room and told my mom "alright, im almost done but i just need to sit down" and she said, no you don't need too, you want too. and i just looked her dead in the eyes as my literal foot was numb. that happened before too, i was watching a show and she was about to leave and asked me why i was still sitting down and i said, my foot is numb, im waiting for it to pass. she said sure mhm okay, say hi to your friends for me. im so freaking sick and tired of being neglected and taken advantage of. not sure if this next sentence is allowed on cups but im seriously thinking about applying for emancipation. i just wanna get out of here. i fell into the rabbit hole of WebMD last night, and i saw that if you start to develop arthritis in your knee, or if your knee issues are caused by a genetic condition / other chronic issue, and you are young, your doctor might recommend a knee replacement. I've seen many videos of that surgery. it involves sledgehammers. 

is it so much to ask for, to ask God or whoever is out there, to give me a break? i have no clue what i did wrong. maybe i was a serial killer in a past life (explains a lot.... xD), and im just being punished. 

Tinywhisper11 April 12th

@AvyIsKing no sweetie God loved you ❤ one day you will see that he does ❤ I know grandma's ill. But is there any way you can go stay with her for a while?? I mean something needs to happen, where you can be safe and looked after properly. The extra damage your mum is causing to your disability, is terrible😥 I really feel for you, I'm so sorry life is soooo bad right now. But it won't be forever, it will get better, I promise. Just please keep going strong, your incredibly amazing and awsome, and a great friend, I love you ❤ it will get better. It really will. Blows a protective bubble around you ❤ and hugs you tightly ❤

AvyIsKing OP April 12th

@Tinywhisper11

I love you too ❤❤ big hugs ❤❤ I really needed to hear this today 🥺 

I'm trying to Work on a way to become a legal adult without letting the government know we are abused so my sister can stay here 

Tinywhisper11 April 12th

@AvyIsKing 😟 it's a terrible situation your in 😞 I really wish I had the power to be able to help you, but I dont. I hate that your suffering so badly, and it's been made so much worse because of your mum. It's truly heartbreaking. I don't blame you for wanting to get away from your mum. Gives you a huge hug ❤ wipes away your tears, I love you ❤ you are loved by many here, we are like one big family. And I'll always be right here for you ❤

AvyIsKing OP April 12th

@Tinywhisper11

lola you are helping so much. you listen to me and support me. one day it will all be better. and ill be okay. its just hard to wait. i love you so much <3 i don't know what id do without my cups family

Tinywhisper11 April 12th

@AvyIsKing yes it will be all better one day, and you will have a amazing life. ❤❤ waiting for change for a break can seem like a long time, but your doing so well ❤ it's all gonna be ok ❤ hugs you tightly ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP April 12th

@Tinywhisper11

Huge hugs ❤❤ I had band so I'm feeling a little better, just in so much pain 

Tinywhisper11 April 13th

@AvyIsKing aww how was band?? It's a nice way of taking your mind if things for a while. I hope oneday I'll hear you play. Dw when your rich and famous I'll get to hear all your music, and play it constantly on repeat ❤❤ hugs your pain away ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP April 13th

@Tinywhisper11

big big hugs. Band was good, just painful. 

And maybe just maybe ill figure out a way to send you some music i play 🥺🥺 tis the least i can do, youve done so much for me, i love you so much

Tinywhisper11 April 13th

@AvyIsKing awww your so sweet ❤❤ you've always been there for me too ❤❤ that's what friends do ❤ I hope you can relax a bit today, stay of your leg. Hugs you tightly ❤

AvyIsKing OP April 13th

@Tinywhisper11

my best friend came to visit me yesterday, she lives in ohio (its like a 10 hour driveeeeeeee) and today we are going to the park. ive already let her know my limitations and how ill try but im just not as strong as i used to be, doesnt mean im not going to climb a tree. i love you <3

Tinywhisper11 April 14th

@AvyIsKing climb a tree😂😂 have fun ❤❤

AvyIsKing OP April 14th

@Tinywhisper11

i sort of jumped out of the tree, fell, scraping my good knee and spraining my bad ankle 😭