Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression Community - How do you actually feel today?

Laura December 2nd, 2014

Let us know in 1-3 sentences. Post every day!

Sidoc2015 July 15th, 2015

I'm feeling depressed. Didn't go into work the last couple of days because of it.

Teebellamarie July 15th, 2015

Me to, my jobs been calling asking if I'm coming back. I want to, but I physically don't want to move. I battle myself all day about what I should be doing.

HiMrQwerty July 15th, 2015

terribly. something triggered me today, and I relapsed. It will take me a while to recover, and I'm not sure how to start.

Briana98 July 16th, 2015

Start with the knowledge that you want to recover. Then why you want to recover. Then to how you're going to do it. You're amazing and you can do this. Try reading the self-help guide for self-harm up at the top of every page on this website (:

purpleSailboat2399 July 15th, 2015

I had this dream. It's like I was trapped in a hole and there were little bubbles of light and hope floating all around but just a little too high for me to reach. They seemed so close yet so far, only a jump away, but for some reason my feet were glued to the floor and no matter how hard I tried I would always be stuck. Every time it rains the hole would fill with water and erode some of the soil away. Sometimes the rain was too much for me to handle and it would fill up so high I couldn't breath and it felt like I'd never escape. All of the rocks left many scars and bruises on me that I'm going to be stuck with forever. People could yell down the hole for me to stay strong and be patient I will be rescued soon. This has been going on for 3 years. I'm still waiting to be rescued. And just like that it wasn't a dream. The rain is stress and rocks are hurtful words. Even if it's a little pebble it would still hurt if someone threw it at you especially if it hit an already-forming bruise. This isn't a dream; it's a living nightmare and the scariest part is: I have to be my own hero.

Briana98 July 16th, 2015

I know you've probably heard this a million times, but it will change. Life is the potential for change. Nothing is permanent and that's a really good thing. You can do this. You'll get better. I'm very proud of you for making it this far and doing the best you can.?

GothTanya1 July 15th, 2015

Not good I been though several triggers today.

Briana98 July 16th, 2015

You're doing great, I'm proud of you?

kendra209 July 16th, 2015

I feel lonely. And I don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore.

Briana98 July 16th, 2015

You may feel lonely, but you're not alone. You've got this whole community here to help you through as best we can. You'll figure everything out and what doesn't get figured out will fall into place. x

paradox404 July 16th, 2015

I feel like my mind is trying to kill me. My friend don't speak to me and I'm worried about them, I keep having really bad nightmares, and I can't help but feel its all my fault. I'm worried I'm still just an expendable friend and I'm no longer needed. And all of its just fulling my depression.

DepressedArt123 July 16th, 2015

I'm a 16 year old girl who has messed up in the past, but yesterday I went and hung out with a couple guy friends. I thought it would be okay with my mom since she let me hang out with them before, but she got extremely mad when I told her where I was at. I was gone for most of the day also, so that could be a reason why she's mad, but when I tell her the truth about where I was and what we were doing she doesn't believe me. She thinks I'm out screwing some guy but in reality we went hiking and then went to one of my guy friends girlfriends house to play cards. I told her that too but she won't believe me. She keeps insisting that I'm screwing them. I don't know what to do. I'm already prescribed with depression and anxiety and I feel like she doesn't want me anymore. She won't let me go anywhere except to work. What do I do? It feels like she would have a better life without me.

hsmith527 July 17th, 2015

I feel mentally and physically drained. The world seems a bit more gray than yesterday.

uglyPandaMan July 17th, 2015

Forever stuck inside room

July 18th, 2015

Dog is the best kind of "therapy". He made me feel better. And I am depressed af.

Briana98 July 18th, 2015

I wish mine did. I was crying my eyes out on the floor last night and she looked up from a nap like she was gonna come over, and then just laid back down. Got my hopes up and everything. Not even my dog wants to put up with me when I'm like that haha

batmanrg July 18th, 2015

I am very much in depression due to my breakup.my girlfriend of 3 years left me by saying she dont feel the same way.she left me 2 months ago and since then i am begging her to come back but she keeps hurting me insulting me saying live your own life and stop interfering in hers.i never thought she would let me go so easily coz she really loved my i never did something wrong besides some normal fights and most of it was related to her protect her but now she she dont respect me anymore dont ever bother asking me how i am or whatever and enjoying in her life and i am a complete mess here. And i cant even stop showing in her life and cannot stop contacting her. She gets irritated most of the time when i contact her...its hard to move on and more hard to see how easy it is for her forget what we had and move on so easily....

Reallyrealsecrets July 18th, 2015

Woke up feeling line shit. I read news online & check ig to run from reality. But its still there when I return. I'm so lost

kita314 July 19th, 2015

I woke up extremely exhausted. I did not want to do anything.

Reallyrealsecrets July 19th, 2015

I feel like this everyday kita. Been in my house all day

madElenora July 19th, 2015

I feel like I really only live through music and books and even then it's losing it's enjoyment for me, I'm scared that soon I won't feel anything. I need to feel I just don't know how other than certain physical means.

Reallyrealsecrets July 19th, 2015

What physical means help you feel? You should concentrate on those

proactiveApricot4278 July 19th, 2015

Angry. Worthless. Lonely. Never good enough. No one cares.

IrishGlitter July 19th, 2015

Perhaps you've read it, but on the 7 Cups of Tea website, there's guides for depression. It's helpful for recognizing the symptoms and gives some advice on how to address your feelings.

proactiveApricot4278 July 19th, 2015

Thank you, I will check it out.

Briana98 July 19th, 2015

I think the managing emotions one could be good for you, too.

Somedayiwillfindsomeone July 19th, 2015

I'm sad because me and husband are now separated 😔

TheWhisperedRoar15 July 19th, 2015

I survived up until night time. What else is new. Texting is triggering, I want someone HERE, but the only person that knows doesn't want to help

July 19th, 2015

I CAN'T STOP SLEEPING OMG

lonesomepoetheart July 19th, 2015

When you get into that routine it's hard to break it because your physical sleep cycle is all messed up. The best thing is to try your very best to stay awake in normal waking hours.

I feel very alone. Like I care for everyone else emotionally but no one seems to care the same for me. I just want to be loved but I feel worthless so there's no reason anyone should love me anyway.

Somedayiwillfindsomeone July 19th, 2015

We have the same feelings 😭

discreetMoon6641 July 19th, 2015

me, too :(

TheWhisperedRoar15 July 19th, 2015

Same... I had 2 people who were close to me, I ended up dating both of them but I pushed both of them away because I'm too messed up and now I have nobody

Neoroscoe July 19th, 2015

I was cheated on by my fiance and we broke up a couple of months back ive felt wortheless useless and hopeless ive hit the drink ive been in hospital due to self harm im constantly wondering why wasnt I good enough? But life is never easy its all about learning bad things happen to good people and theirs nothing we can do we just need to use this experience as a chance to grow as a person become stronger and be ready to face head on what the world has to throw at us.

Imcece83 July 19th, 2015

Horrible. It's 3pm and I have not gotten out of bed. I've got zero motivation.

pinkClementine July 19th, 2015

I feel confused today. Sometimes I have hope, other times I feel despair. I though bad things today, more than yesterday. But I cried less.

LocalDreamer1316 July 19th, 2015

I feel nothingness....darkness surrounds me and I'm lost in my own body

nukobloko July 19th, 2015

bored. of everything.

I feel unattractive, unwanted, and like I'm bothering everyone in my life...