Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3) Social Media Graphics: Promoting Site Content

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

Graphics can be created to support as well as summarize site content on social media platforms that link back to the original content through shares links alongside them. For example, we can create graphics to present our optimized Question and Answer Page or a summary of an expert article.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the process of designing graphics, using image captions and hashtags, as well as posting best practices

(i) Designing Graphics:

To aid the graphic designing process, you can consider using sites that allow you to not only create your own graphics but provide a wide range of templates that you can edit.

Some tips to consider include:

• Know which design size you require beforehand - this may vary based on the social media platform. For example, Instagram offers a maximum resolution of 1080 x 1080 px.

• Use only 2 font designs to avoid going overboard.

• Use contrasting fonts or different text sizes to grab attention and to ensure the main message is conveyed.

• Less is sometimes more: if your design does not require extra backgrounds, images, or design layers, consider going with white space as that helps avoid your content being avoided due to noise.

• Use icons to help graphically summarize your content.

• Consider combining consistency with creativity: ask yourself what your major content can creatively look like as consistency is a core principle of content creation. Consistency also applies to your design (font, colors, etc). For example, an analysis of 7 Cups Instagram can help identify that most of the posts are quotes, affirmations, etc. Note that more foundational blocks can always be introduced into the flow with time.

• Consider adding your logo or site information on your graphic to help strengthen your brand.

• Think of ways to stand out: Research and observe current trends, international events, and other possible content inspirations, but don’t be afraid to think outside the box to trial new creative ideas. For example, 7 Cups hosted a very successful and engaging Mental Health Trick or Treat

Sites that have free editable templates include:

(ii) Image Captions and Hashtags

• Remember that your image caption not only represents the content you are posting about but the brand you represent.

• Consider the length of your caption based on your social media platform. For instance, Twitter limits characters, Instagram can be used for a medium length caption, while Facebook could host longer article-style captions too!

• Some ideas of captions include: summarizing the content, mentioning the main motto of the post, etc.

• Add emojis to connect with your audience.

• Don’t forget to ensure readability by breaking up your longer captions with headings or spaces.

• Questions help engage the audience: never forget to look for opportunities for reflection such as one-word answers to yes/no questions, or other quick icebreakers such as what everyone plans to do at the weekend.

• A call to action is important to ensure further practical engagement. You can remind users about more details about supporting content present in the link in your bio or directly share your relevant link (depending on the social media platform)

• Structure your caption with important information at the beginning, followed by any additional information of interest (such as goals, facts), questions for engagement, call to action, etc - you can style your structure based on your content type.

• Include relevant hashtags and consider using mentions and tagging other users. Researching relevant hashtags involves keeping an eye on the hashtags used by influencers and leading figures and profiles within the industry, looking for trends and patterns, finding related hashtags just like related keywords, as well as trialing different groups of hashtags for certain content types. Last but not least, your brand can aim to start a new hashtag of its own as well! Some websites have tools that can help you target and research hashtags - some examples are included in this external link.

(iii) Posting Time

Many people often wonder when to post their content, and this curiosity is definitely important because posting time does influence engagement and value of the content posted - however, there are no correct rules of guidance.

Rather, posting times should be based on insights on when your audience is most likely to be active - most social media platforms offer these insights for business or creator accounts, alongside insights in regards to other engagement factors.

One excellent feature to utilize to ensure posting time, as well as a smooth flow of content, is to plan content in advance and schedule posts - scheduling is possible through the Twitter platform as well as the Facebook Business Suite for both Instagram and Facebook

Activity

Using your answer to the question in Discussion 2’s activity, create a social media graphic presenting the content and share your graphic as a reply to this post. Creativity is welcome for this task, and you can create any form of content. Feel welcome to use the 7 Cups social media content for inspiration if needed. Reply to at least one student’s graphic as well.

Tip: You can discuss ideas or ask for help in the student discussion and support thread!

Not sure how to add images directly into this forum discussion? Find instructions here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

ouiCherie August 22nd, 2022

@Ginevra962 no worries 🤍 hope you are getting adequate rest *hugs*

Ginevra962 August 22nd, 2022
ouiCherie August 22nd, 2022

@Ginevra962

Awesome! Thank you Ginevra 🤍

Simmeon1986 August 25th, 2022

This is an image I have designed for my men's mental health group.

_1661437999.292603217_1186195635479796_7936239461729055924_n.jpg

Ayamii August 29th, 2022

@Simmeon1986

I love how you included mental health services and powerful quotes to empower the viewer. I also like the choice of a close-up image of the eye --- it makes the viewer feel “seen” and understood.

Clarisse29 September 8th, 2022

@Simmeon1986

Great work with the contrast and selection of image!

_1662606565.CDM Mentor tag.png

sweetchildbsk August 26th, 2022

_1661505144.Celebrate-Pride-List-with-Gradient-Border-pinterest-short-2.jpeg@SoulfullyAButterfly

@sweetchildbsk

beautiful color palette for the text! great job!

_1662606634.CDM Mentor tag.png

cristlecares September 23rd, 2022

@sweetchildbsk

Beautiful words on beautiful rainbow colours😄🌻🌈

jasishereforallofu August 26th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly _1661537052.1661536873957_edit_924277892688129.png

sweetchildbsk August 26th, 2022

@jasmineishereforu hi, your pic looks simple and carrying a great message in simple terms. Loved it, if it had few more colors and background it would have been more attentive and great.

jasishereforallofu August 26th, 2022

@sweetchildbsk Thank you so much i appreciate it, ill have to work on that as well 😊❤️

@jasmineishereforu

very minimalist and impactful! good job!

_1662606679.CDM Mentor tag.png

TwoCreamTwoSugar November 28th, 2022

@jasmineishereforu

I love the simplicity of this! Nice, cozy color, with a great quote... AND you included 7Cups. Good job.

empatheticpie December 20th, 2022

@jasmineishereforu
I really liked that your concept was concise. It helps get the point across and easily allows those who see it to quote it and share it with people in their life who might need it. I feel like using a color that was more in line with the 7 Cups theme and adjusting the 7 Cups text on the bottom would really make it absolutely perfect!

WhenTheTimeComes August 28th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Coz-you-re-Amazing.png

@WhenTheTimeComes

really lively! amazing picture selection!

_1662606725.CDM Mentor tag.png

loyalace9302 September 15th, 2022

@WhenTheTimeComes

It is very beautiful composition!

Ayamii August 29th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

C0VrUU6.png

WhenTheTimeComes August 30th, 2022

@Ayamii

Really clean and tidy look for a great advice :) The colours fit well with 7cups as well and you made it extra relevant to the Q&A.

Maybe it could have benefited from having 7 cups logo on the right bottom?

@Ayamii

love the color scheme and neatness of this!

_1662606802.CDM Mentor tag.png

Daf8 September 6th, 2022

❤️ Thank you for your excellent work! ❤️

❤️ _1662490018.Social media graphic.png❤️

❤️ Caption: You are more than enough ❤️

❤️ If you need support, we are here for you ❤️

❤️ What are three positive traits you have? <3 #YouMatter #Support #SelfEsteem ❤️

@Daf8

great job on the image, caption and hashtags! i just feel like the image is a bit blurry but apart from that everything's fantastic!

_1662606872.CDM Mentor tag.png

Daf8 October 15th, 2022

❤️ Aww, thank you! I genuinely appreciate it. Thank you for your awesome work! Have a day as lovely as you ❤️

gentleFox20 September 27th, 2022

@Daf8

I really like your caption, especially the question at the end. A great call to action and a way to engage with people!

Daf8 October 15th, 2022

❤️ Awww, thank you! You are really sweet, and your work is wonderful! Thank you for being so incredible ❤️

loyalace9302 September 15th, 2022

_1663244520.You are enough.png

ouiCherie September 26th, 2022

@loyalace9302

Very nice! Do you mind if we use it for next social media posting together with Team Lightship, like this one https://www.7cups.com/forum/CommunityProjectsEvents_184/SocialMediaOutreachTeamLightship_1619/SeptemberCommunityEvent_285096/ ? Thank you in advance!

cristlecares September 23rd, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Caption : At the end of the day, what matters is You, your happiness and the kindness you've shown😄🌻

_1663939788.Screenshot_2022-09-23-18-58-57-43_c0d35d5c8ea536686f7fb1c9f2f8f274.jpg

ouiCherie September 26th, 2022

@cristlecares

Love the idea and color theme 😊 Do you mind if we use it for next social media posting together with Team Lightship, like this one https://www.7cups.com/forum/CommunityProjectsEvents_184/SocialMediaOutreachTeamLightship_1619/SeptemberCommunityEvent_285096/ ? Thank you in advance!

cristlecares October 12th, 2022

@ouiCherie No need to ask hehe! I'd love to see my designs/posts in the community😄🌻

And so sorry for the late replies🌻😇

PS : Thank you so much for all your hardwork and support for the community😄 You the best💪

cristlecares October 12th, 2022

@ouiCherie No need to ask hehe! I'd love to see my designs/posts in the community😄🌻

And so sorry for the late replies🌻😇

PS : Thank you so much for all your hardwork and support for the community😄 You the best💪

ouiCherie October 13th, 2022

@cristlecares thank you, Cristle! 🤗

gentleFox20 September 27th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

_1664279566.CDM3.png

Caption

😥 Feeling like you're not good enough for other people is devasting. By practicing 🥰 self love 🥰 and being your authentic self you can foster self esteem and attract people who will adore you for being you! Find out more here (link to Q&A)

#selflove #selfcare #goodenough #selfesteem #7cupsoftea #findyourpeople #loveyourself

WhenTheTimeComes October 14th, 2022

@gentleFox20

This is really good! Love it!

yourbuddy30 November 15th, 2022

@gentleFox20 Wow the graphic is really great fox! The picture of giving yourself the hug is awesome. I really liked the caption in the image too. Thank you for sharing

guidamaximo November 17th, 2022

@gentleFox20 I love the graphic and the message, it looks really aesthetically pleasing :)

I would just find another way to incorporate the logo

SunshineNaina December 20th, 2022

@gentleFox20

I really like this graphic- the minimal colors and the message conveyed. Also, amazing that you included a caption and relevant hashtags.

@SoulfullyAButterfly _1668524765.7 cups.png

I tried my best, I hope it is good

@yourbuddy30 Caption

Love yourself and ask for help. We are here for you.

#selflove #selfcare #7cups #WeLoveYou