Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3) Social Media Graphics: Promoting Site Content

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

Graphics can be created to support as well as summarize site content on social media platforms that link back to the original content through shares links alongside them. For example, we can create graphics to present our optimized Question and Answer Page or a summary of an expert article.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the process of designing graphics, using image captions and hashtags, as well as posting best practices

(i) Designing Graphics:

To aid the graphic designing process, you can consider using sites that allow you to not only create your own graphics but provide a wide range of templates that you can edit.

Some tips to consider include:

• Know which design size you require beforehand - this may vary based on the social media platform. For example, Instagram offers a maximum resolution of 1080 x 1080 px.

• Use only 2 font designs to avoid going overboard.

• Use contrasting fonts or different text sizes to grab attention and to ensure the main message is conveyed.

• Less is sometimes more: if your design does not require extra backgrounds, images, or design layers, consider going with white space as that helps avoid your content being avoided due to noise.

• Use icons to help graphically summarize your content.

• Consider combining consistency with creativity: ask yourself what your major content can creatively look like as consistency is a core principle of content creation. Consistency also applies to your design (font, colors, etc). For example, an analysis of 7 Cups Instagram can help identify that most of the posts are quotes, affirmations, etc. Note that more foundational blocks can always be introduced into the flow with time.

• Consider adding your logo or site information on your graphic to help strengthen your brand.

• Think of ways to stand out: Research and observe current trends, international events, and other possible content inspirations, but don’t be afraid to think outside the box to trial new creative ideas. For example, 7 Cups hosted a very successful and engaging Mental Health Trick or Treat

Sites that have free editable templates include:

(ii) Image Captions and Hashtags

• Remember that your image caption not only represents the content you are posting about but the brand you represent.

• Consider the length of your caption based on your social media platform. For instance, Twitter limits characters, Instagram can be used for a medium length caption, while Facebook could host longer article-style captions too!

• Some ideas of captions include: summarizing the content, mentioning the main motto of the post, etc.

• Add emojis to connect with your audience.

• Don’t forget to ensure readability by breaking up your longer captions with headings or spaces.

• Questions help engage the audience: never forget to look for opportunities for reflection such as one-word answers to yes/no questions, or other quick icebreakers such as what everyone plans to do at the weekend.

• A call to action is important to ensure further practical engagement. You can remind users about more details about supporting content present in the link in your bio or directly share your relevant link (depending on the social media platform)

• Structure your caption with important information at the beginning, followed by any additional information of interest (such as goals, facts), questions for engagement, call to action, etc - you can style your structure based on your content type.

• Include relevant hashtags and consider using mentions and tagging other users. Researching relevant hashtags involves keeping an eye on the hashtags used by influencers and leading figures and profiles within the industry, looking for trends and patterns, finding related hashtags just like related keywords, as well as trialing different groups of hashtags for certain content types. Last but not least, your brand can aim to start a new hashtag of its own as well! Some websites have tools that can help you target and research hashtags - some examples are included in this external link.

(iii) Posting Time

Many people often wonder when to post their content, and this curiosity is definitely important because posting time does influence engagement and value of the content posted - however, there are no correct rules of guidance.

Rather, posting times should be based on insights on when your audience is most likely to be active - most social media platforms offer these insights for business or creator accounts, alongside insights in regards to other engagement factors.

One excellent feature to utilize to ensure posting time, as well as a smooth flow of content, is to plan content in advance and schedule posts - scheduling is possible through the Twitter platform as well as the Facebook Business Suite for both Instagram and Facebook

Activity

Using your answer to the question in Discussion 2’s activity, create a social media graphic presenting the content and share your graphic as a reply to this post. Creativity is welcome for this task, and you can create any form of content. Feel welcome to use the 7 Cups social media content for inspiration if needed. Reply to at least one student’s graphic as well.

Tip: You can discuss ideas or ask for help in the student discussion and support thread!

Not sure how to add images directly into this forum discussion? Find instructions here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

JusticiaPrimalDorogo March 15th, 2023

@JusticiaPrimalDorogo

I like this one betterproject_1678920354.jpg

walkalot March 28th, 2023

@JusticiaPrimalDorogo

Looks great. I love it. I like how you incorporated the tea theme.

kindEyes9789 March 17th, 2023

image_1679046476.png

kindEyes9789 March 17th, 2023

@kindEyes9789 not sure why it's blurred, but you can see the HD version zoomed on imgur

https://imgur.com/5di2qog
walkalot March 28th, 2023

@kindEyes9789

KindEyes, this is great. I'm sure someone will be encouraged by it.

zaatarHoney April 13th, 2023

@kindEyes9789

The image and the text are phenomenal! (ꈍᴗꈍ) Also, the words. ♡ Can’t forget those. Beautiful work!

JusticiaPrimalDorogo May 28th, 2023

@kindEyes9789

This looks professional and beautiful. Great job!

amiableBunny4016 April 3rd, 2023
walkalot April 4th, 2023

@amiableBunny4016

Hi Bunny, this one is great. Very fun and spontaneous looking. Keep up the good work.

Walkalot, 7cups CDM mentor

@SoulfullyAButterfly

a8631a47-509e-4299-a602-a786d390a8e5_1681421652.png

When we experience anxiety, we often catastrophize our current circumstances and situations which can make them feel much bigger and even scarier than they really are. ⟡ The fear is real to us, though the threat is often not. ⟡ If you’ve been living with anxiety, please join us at 7Cups to connect with one of our volunteer listeners so you may set the heaviness of your mind down for a moment. ☕️ See you there.

& done, what do y’all think? I tried not to overthink it but I’m sure once I hit post, I’ll think of things to change/add/remove. Lol! ˘͈ᵕ˘͈

@zaatarHoney

I chose this font so it would be readable even through a smaller format— like ***. I liked how it looked thumbnail size.

walkalot April 14th, 2023

@zaatarHoney

Looks great, Zaatar

Angelzz127 June 1st, 2023

@zaatarHoney it's very well made. I like the way you described it in a short manner.

starsnnights June 10th, 2023

@zaatarHoney

hey this is very visually appealing. You've done a good job!! 👍 and I also like the quote that you have put.

VinylFly April 18th, 2023

Here is my graphic and some text and hashtags to go along with it. I felt inspired after attending a group discussion with the LGBTQ+/MOGII support community earlier in the day.

copy-of-it-s-ok-to-be-you_1681776823.png

You are seen. You are valid. We are here for you ❤️

#LGBTQ+ #MOGII #Gay #Lesbian #Transgender #Nonbinary #Twospirit #BIPOC #Bisexual #Pansexual #Ace #Queer #Support #Community #7cups #Mentalhealth #Diversity

walkalot April 20th, 2023

@VinylFly

Looks great. I like the idea of solidarity that you emphasize here.

blindDaisy9121 June 21st, 2023

@VinylFly

Meaningful and pretty creative!!👍

Mari228 July 25th, 2023

@VinylFly

Whats nice is that not only did you stick to the topic of self-worth, “not being good enough” but also tailoring it to a specific audience and using a creative image to capture that.

KristenHR July 31st, 2023

@VinylFly

I love this. It feels very connected and empowering with community and support.

walkalot April 20th, 2023

Here's one I threw together. I found the Pablo tool by Buffer to be pretty simple and intuitive.

need-to-talk_1681972187.png

I may make another one, if I have time. But I want to get this out there as well.

delightfulLynx2725 May 7th, 2023

image_1683483578.png

walkalot May 8th, 2023

@delightfulLynx2725

Very interesting and thought provoking, Lynx. And I like the message too. Good job.

JusticiaPrimalDorogo May 28th, 2023

My modified design from last time

help-is-a-couple-of-clicks-away_1685291268.jpg

walkalot June 2nd, 2023

@JusticiaPrimalDorogo

Hi Justicia, it looks great. Thanks for doing this. I'm sure people will be encouraged.

KristenHR July 28th, 2023

@JusticiaPrimalDorogo

Oh wow. Nice. Love the scan code.

heathermarie95 August 16th, 2023

@JusticiaPrimalDorogo

I love your graphic and that you add a scan code. it enables them to easily find 7cups. I didn't know it was possible to get a scan code. Great job

Angelzz127 June 1st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

its related to eating disorders: https://www.canva.com/design/DAFgU8eZ9ks/P42tBgACD9peXhMN017Ggw/view?utm_content

walkalot June 2nd, 2023

@Angelzz127

Hi Angelz, love this one. I'm sure there's some people who need to see it. Can you also post it here so people can see it without clicking off the site?

starsnnights June 10th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Here's a link of what I created:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFlbxcIsZE/c8a3NMnPVKhqNhboguwGKw/edit?utm_content=DAFlbxcIsZE&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

walkalot June 13th, 2023

@starsnnights

Hi StarsNights. This one is great. Did you know that you can download it and then embed it in your post here? Let me know if you need help figuring out how to do that.

blindDaisy9121 June 21st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

pablo_1687363022.png

walkalot July 5th, 2023

@blindDaisy9121

HI Blind Daisy, this is great. I really find it encouraging

Walkalot, CDM Mentor

BloomingSakura March 31st

@blindDaisy9121
Hi Daisy!
I think your graphic is awesome. It conveys the message very well regarding self love and I love the realistic approach you decided to take!

Mari228 July 25th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

purple-watercolor-strength-quote-***-post_1690254972.png

Mari228 July 25th, 2023

@Mari228

image_1690255229.png

walkalot July 26th, 2023

@Mari228

Well done, Mari. Someone will be encouraged by this

@Mari228

I love this. It is beautiful and encouraging. Well done.

SnowTabby July 29th, 2023

@Mari228

This gives me happy warm vibes that hits the goal just oh so right. This is amazing!!

sellistens August 2nd, 2023

@Mari228

I really like the fonts you used and the background is very pretty

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Graphics are not my strong suit, so I made 2 attempts. I wanted to focus on listening and the marketing the internship for listening. These are for the *** size in the lesson.

learn-how-to-listen_1690584010.png

learn-how-to-listen-2_1690584020.png