Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

2) Community Questions and Answers - The Basis of Mental Health Awareness and Support

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

As previously introduced, the Questions and Answers Pages at 7 Cups offer a wide range of quality based answers to common mental health questions

Questions and Answers are available for 38 main categories, ranging from General Mental Health, Disabilities, Managing Emotions, Loneliness, Grief, Recovery, Student Life, Work Stress, and many more!

Through this directory of available knowledge, awareness, and support, 7 Cups is equipped with answers to the common questions and concerns people have. Most of these Questions and Answers are featured in search engine results due to the value of the content they contain.

The main community Questions and Answers Page offers a recent questions section as well as a section containing the most answered questions.

All 7 Cups users are invited to search for or ask new questions through the main page. Community users can also participate in this area by submitting their answers, which are reviewed by a team for quality and other important requirements.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the basic requirements needed to research as well as write quality answers for the Question and Answer Pages. Additionally, we will optimize the drafted answers in light of certain guidelines.

(i) Basic Research and Writing Requirements: When writing answers to community questions, keep in mind these tips:

• You need to write a minimum of 150 characters and 100 words.

• If research is needed to guide your answer, consider only learning about the topic and avoid direct copy/pasting researched tips, advice, or information.

• Consider verifying the information or facts through at least 2 reliable sources.

• When researching possible answers or things the person can benefit from, consider their circumstances and if the tip is do-able and generally applicable.

• Avoid plagiarism.

• Use professional and appropriate language.

• If comfortable, you can add a personal anecdote to help add meaning to your answer. However, avoid turning the answer to just your account or an entire focus on your experience.

• Be empathetic, and consider using active listening skills to help not only answer their question but their feelings - this adds connection and meaning to your answer, as well as identifies understanding, which can lead to trust.

• Answers should be related to the question and must contain tips or approaches to help deal with the question/situation instead of vague responses, even if positive.

• 7 Cups is based on avoiding direct advice, this is because we do not know the complete scenario or situation a person may be facing. Keeping that in mind, avoid giving answers that provide one possible “solution” - a good tip is to consider encompassing all possible outcomes or more than one thing the person can try.

(ii) Ensuring Optimized Answers: Although the above requirements and tips help deliver a great answer, further optimization of drafted answers can help ensure their quality.

At 7 Cups, the Content Team uses researched and identified important keywords to guide their research and the writing process to result in optimized content as answers to community questions. In this regard, the basic tips/requirements involved are:

• Ensure answers have at least 8 to 10 sentences.

• Ensure the usage/incorporation of the maximum number or all of the provided keywords that can relate to the topic.

What are Keywords?

Generally, keywords can be thought of as terms or phrases that describe a piece of content. Related keywords are supporting keywords that can help further describe or expand on that initial content. For example, for the keyword “anxiety”, related keywords can be “anxiety symptoms” or “anxiety treatments”.

Keywords help with search engine marketing and hence are an important part of SEO strategies. A simple strategy to find keywords is to look for Google Related Searches. These related searches are searches that relate to your term. For instance, a Google Related Search for “anxiety symptoms” is “what is anxiety” - using this insight, you can consider including this phrase alongside a brief category of your content outline to help strengthen the optimization of your content.

For other free tools to help with keyword research, you can visit this external link.

Activity

Review this Sample Optimized Answer:

Question: How do paper bags help with panic attacks?

Provided Keywords: asthma attack, heart attacks, asthma, problems, brown paper bag, medical conditions, hyperventilation syndrome, mouth, respiratory alkalosis, common causes, chest pain, benefit, stress, medications

Approved, Optimized Answer:

While panic attacks might mimic the symptoms of heart attacks, they can be caused by several other problems and medical conditions. These include feeling stressed or facing medical conditions such as asthma attacks, hyperventilation syndrome, or even respiratory alkalosis. Although the common causes may differ, common symptoms include chest pain. Deep breathing through the mouth or by using a brown paper bag has its benefits, as it aids in the restoration of the loss of carbon dioxide in the blood during the panic attack.

Notes: The question was general, requiring general research-based knowledge on the process of using paper bags for panic attacks. As the keywords were essentially covered, note that this answer does not have 8-10 sentences, but further supporting information or even a personal anecdote can be added.

The following activity will help you put your attained knowledge to practice. Please write an optimized answer to the following community question, in light of the provided keywords. In addition, you are required to reply to at least one other student’s answer by identifying at least 3 strengths (things done correctly as per discussed guidelines) as well as at least 1 tip for improving the answer.

Note: You are welcome to click the question link and submit your written answer for community publication once done as this is an existing question!

Please do not forget to personally save your activity answers as well as your reply to another user’s answer (recommended on Google Doc or other means) as you will be asked to share this for your Weekly Progress Report.

Question: What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Bonus: Want to put your knowledge to test? Consider joining the Question and Answer (Q&A) Approval Team here and earn cheers for helping approve community answer submissions. You will be using the above knowledge as well as reminders on what makes a good answer. For more information, click here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

coolvibes May 2nd

@walkalot thanks, I am sorry I was not happy with the response when I reread it, I fixed things, but they did not get edited right. That frustrates me.

unassumingEyes May 22nd

@coolvibes

Strengths:

1. Good use of given keywords.

2. Well structured answer of a good size.

3. Mentions of do-able strategies to improve self esteem.

Tip for improvement: Suggest reaching out for professional help/therapy or researching information from verified sources to get more details. 

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Question: What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Provided Keywords: , partner, self-esteem, , good news, best way, first step, ,   better person, good time, good luck,, real reason, whole life, voice, right thing, great things, information, 

Not feeling good enough can be something we may all relate during different periods of our lives. We think that we can do better, and it's daunting. It can come along with feelings of rising inner critic, self doubt, negative self talks, and we find ourselves in a vicious cycle of sinking deeper and deeper. One point to remember is that, our self worth is not bound to the circumstance we're in. As we are all human beings navigating through ups and downs in life. As children, we raise in an environment that parents, relatives, and many people have influence on us. Sometimes we might end up internalizing the issues others came across to tell us, but let me tell you one thing, it's not always true! At the end of the day, You and only you are the one who needs to be content with yourself buddy. If I want to give some options to help increase that, practicing self love, self confidence, surrounding yourself with supportive family members, creating healthy relationships, and not allowing social media to affect us in a bad way would be good alternatives. Therapy can also be helpful. 

Remember, you're an amazing person who is trying your best, keep it up, and good luck! 💚

walkalot May 9th

@daydreammemories

Well done. Good answer

@daydreammemories

1  I can sense you are really  understanding 

2 good at putting in the keuwords.

3 very easy to read.

@daydreammemories

i can not find anything bad about your answer

Cnguyen1 June 14th

@daydreammemories

-met the word count-past 150

-good personal ancedote (fantastic)

-wrote in own words  

-tip : maximize keywords ! 

I know it hard when you are so used inner critic  does a lot of negative self-talk that can cause you to 

Self-doubt.  What  you are feeling very valid and understandable. I want u to know that are amazing person  that does good things and always try to the right things, have you considered going  to therapy to worm of self love,  self-esteem,   self-confidence and self-worth.  having a good support system that includes  family members and friends that you have a healthy relationships with can help you grow as a person. Doing this will be the first step for a whole life of being. A better person. Good luck with journey and wish u the best. 

walkalot May 13th

@Heartsandrosesandpaws

Good answer. Keep it up

unassumingEyes May 22nd

Answer:

As human beings, we tend to strive for self-improvement and to be worthy of our loved ones. Parents encourage their children to try harder and do better, but it is important to incorporate self love and acceptance into our mindset. The best self improvement we can achieve is when it comes from a basis of self love and care. As we grow, we find more and more flaws within ourselves, which feeds our inner critic and keeps a near-constant voice of self doubt and insecurity. Breaking away from this is a difficult yet important task. Some tips to help build your self esteem are: 

- Surround yourself with loved ones who can provide you with a good support system. A support system is essential to help you ward off negative thoughts and identify patterns in your way of thinking that help feed your inner critic.

- Avoid negative self talk. Try to stop yourself from spiraling into constant criticism of yourself. Ask your loved ones to help distract you. Remind yourself of your positives as well your goal to achieve a healthier view of yourself.

- Focus on healthy communication. Have people implied a general dislike of you? Reach out to your loved ones and colleagues at work/school and genuinely ask them what they think of you. Look for constructive criticism. You may ask them to list a certain number of your positives and negatives. Review the list to see where you can improve- but focus on the positives too. Remember, human beings tend to make mistakes. The objective is not to put yourself down as useless or unworthy of others but to find areas for you to improve and learn from. 

- Imagine someone else in your place. How would you support them? Tell yourself what you think you would tell them. Is there any advice you would give them? Remind yourself that you are as worthy of loving as this imaginary person. 

- Seek professional help. This includes therapy and mental health resources online. Research verified information on self esteem and confidence. 

Remember, at the end of the day, you are not alone in your struggle. The hardest and most important step might be reaching out for help, but once you have achieved this you can embark more easily on your journey to achieve self love.

@unassumingEyes

well said

walkalot May 22nd

@unassumingEyes

Hi, Unassuming Eyes, well done. Good answer

unassumingEyes May 22nd

@walkalot Thank you!

Cnguyen1 June 12th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Question: How can I deal with medical emergencies?

Provided Keywords: psychiatrist, stress, hospital, suicide, suicide ideations, resources, emergency, self hate, injuries, common flu, clinical signs, doctor, breathing problems, help

I've been approved of this before in terms of medical issues and conditions, and while I am not a doctor, these helpful tips to be embraced could consider things that are in of immediate attention, as in life threating emergencies or experiencing fatal or rushed and/or needs help pain on the upper respiratory level, like a hurt in the upper bodies of the chest or medical symptoms of stroke. While there may be a doctor's office available, in case of immediate attention, consider urgent care and for heart issues, any sort of sudden violent, non-visible, sensory breakage of airway patterns, or any openings of soft muscle, please call or dial 911.

PetiteSouris June 12th

@Cnguyen1 

Question: How can I deal with medical emergencies?

Provided Keywords: psychiatrist, stress, hospital, suicide, suicide ideations, resources, emergency, self hate, injuries, common flu, clinical signs, doctor, breathing problems, help

I've been approved of this before in terms of medical issues and conditions, and while I am not a doctor, these helpful tips to be embraced could consider things that are in of immediate attention, as in life threating emergencies or experiencing fatal or rushed and/or needs help pain on the upper respiratory level, like a hurt in the upper bodies of the chest or medical symptoms of stroke. While there may be a doctor's office available, in case of immediate attention, consider urgent care and for heart issues, any sort of sudden violent, non-visible, sensory breakage of airway patterns, or any openings of soft muscle, please call or dial 911.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

✓ Reply to at least one other student’s answer by identifying at least 3 strengths (things done correctly as per discussed guidelines) as well as at least 1 tip for improving the answer.

Strengths: 1. Appropriate and professional language incorporated into response 2. 100-150 words were use to give response 3. Answer was related to the question

Tip: @Cnguyen1, It was a pleasure reading and learning from your response. However, I do not believe that this is the correct question in which we were to respond to. Here is the question below:

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

walkalot June 13th

@Cnguyen1

Hi CNguyen, Good answer. Keep it up

PetiteSouris June 12th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

✨Answer✨

Not feeling good enough, is one of the most common thoughts people feeling and experience. It's like that your story of not feeling good enough for someone is similar to mine, and also different from mine. Being judged my people around us, being rejected by people and jobs, and watching all the happy and pretty people on social media may influence us negatively. The feeling of not being good enough sometimes can stem from low-self-confidence, low self-esteem, self-doubt, and low self-worth.

Many of us were told that we are not good enough, to be pushed to be better. The first step is to recognize where this feeling of not being good voice is really coming from. Is it coming from the inner critic or is it because of the environment and situations? Human beings who had this feeling of being not good enough, need to practice more compassion. They need compassion from the people around them, and more importantly need to give themselves compassion.

At the end of the day, we often dont know in the moment how people and situations In our lives affect us in the moment. Hopefully, this information gives some insight of how to sort out this belief and the feeling of not being good enough so that one can rise up and discover the amazing person within.

Good Luck 

✨♡✨

Cnguyen1 June 13th

@PetiteSouris

Hi Petite, thanks for reviewing my answer, there. 

I think your strengths are 

• the opening line - told they need to be better, there.
  • compassion - love that
  • investigated the belief! Gave the general direction, of upliftment .

Tip: I think you could potentially consider circumstance of the person i.e.

self-criticism / self-worth at a party, for example

- - - 

yes. You did it! 

- - - 

* I think side note, I think a comma could be inserted before the word, 'negatively.' And start the sentence with "This" at the beginning of the last sentence of the first paragraph . 

walkalot June 13th

@PetiteSouris

Hi Souris, Good answer. Artistic too.

PetiteSouris June 14th

@walkalot

thank-you-thanks.gif

themightyhealer June 14th

@PetiteSouris

Good answer, I like that you mention the following things:

1. Where does the feeling of not being good enough come from?

Knowing the root cause to any problem is important in order to resolve it.

2. Rejection from people around us.

Sometimes we are surrounded by people (in many cases is our own family which is even worse!) who tell us mean things, they may be direct or indirect and in lots of cases they want to hurt us not caring about our feelings and self-esteem.

3. Social Media Exposure:

Nowadays so many people especially youngsters utilize social media for many hours every single day and they see “influencers” as role models which can be dangerous because many of them don’t know what they are causing on people’s mind especially when they are young and susceptible. If they don’t fit into what is good for their favorite "influencers" then they will start feeling sad, anxious or can even try to do things that aren’t good for them just to fit in.

PetiteSouris June 14th

@themightyhealer

love-hearts.gif

themightyhealer June 13th

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, self-growth, mindfulness, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day, strength, self-care, never give up.

image_1718240487.png

image_1718240544.png

Sometimes We Feel That We Are Not Good For Someone But

Why Do We Think That?

1. It’s My own perception.

If You are doing things right and even that someone tells You so and You’re still thinking that You are not good enough for that person then You need to start working on changing your mindset because You are being hard with Yourself, You are not believing in Yourself and that’s not beneficial for You!

Fortunately, that perception can be changed but it requires Your willingness to do it!

2. That someone told me something that made me think about it.

Maybe that someone told You something as an observation or a simple commentary but You took it too personal and even as an attack?

If that’s the case then you might be bringing forth your own insecurities and therefore, You need to work on it otherwise You will have the same problem all the time.

3. That someone seems not to care about me.

If someone does not care nor value You as a person then it’s time for You to move on. You need to know that You are a valuable person and nobody can’t tell you otherwise. Also, You need to think about Your own well-being and happiness, so if someone does not appreciate You as a person then that individual does not deserve You. Therefore, You need to move on and carry on with your life.

It’s important to know that Our well-being is in Our own hands and in most cases, we have everything necessary to change our bad habits but sometimes We just need guidance which can be found in books, spirituality, therapy or any other method that can be right for you!

So don’t give up, grow as individual every single day and be happy!

walkalot June 13th

@themightyhealer

Nice answer, the Mighty Healer

themightyhealer June 14th

@walkalot Thank you!

Cnguyen1 June 14th

@themightyhealer

I enjoyed the writing very much ! 

It was very practical and lighhearted. The 'You' resonated with me, if you don't mind me saying, so I think it was not plagarized at all. It makes me think that. 

I think the spiritual help book is great advice, I would even add 2 book recommendations for someone who is really a beginner. That would be my tip to improve the answer ((; otherwise, I would love a personal anecdote from you! I think the answer one completes it very well, but somehow it makes me more intrigued about YOU, ha ha! And it makes the viewer feel seen. 

The circumstance is do-able. 

AmbrosialElysian June 24th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

It’s important to remember that our journey as social human beings with awareness begins with our parents. It may seem obvious, but the first interaction you have with your parents affects your self-confidence and the way you communicate yout whole life. So as we grow older, it may feel like we do things for no reason. That’s where self-doubt and negative self-talk kicks in. Your inner critic focuses on the past and ignores you, the person behind that stone wall, full of uniqueness and possibilities. Just because you couldn’t see the right examples, doesn’t mean that you’re incapable of having healthy relationships and doing great things in life. You’re more than your past. You are all the first important steps you took, all the therapy sessions you have been to, all the information about mental health you researched. They will never go to waste. Don’t give up.

sia1325 June 24th
@AmbrosialElysian 
I really loved reading your answer! The three strengths that I'd like to point out are:
1. It's a to-the-point and crisp answer.
2. An amazing incorporation of keywords.
3. Your answer has a very uplifting and wise tone.
Weakness: Perhaps you could add some examples or tips for improvement!
sia1325 June 24th

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Reply:

A lot of people struggle with feeling like they are not good enough for someone. Although really common, this untrue feeling of inadequacy doesn’t come naturally. It generally stems from various factors such as low self-esteem, past trauma, childhood experiences, rejections, insecurities, and several other reasons. Sometimes, inaccurate information provided on the internet or social media can also cause you to question your self-worth and raise your self-doubt.

The first step is to acknowledge your emotions; to understand that it’s absolutely okay to feel how you are feeling, and to sit with those emotions. Generally, this feeling of not being enough brings with it a lot of thoughts that clutter our minds, and the best way to deal with it is to take a step back and breathe for a moment.

Once you’re ready, try to dive deep into the root cause by reflecting on your feelings and trying to take one thought at a time. Understanding the reason behind how you are feeling is a very significant step. Try to calm down your inner critic; the inner voice that criticizes you into feeling this way; and find your triggers.

Every person has their own strengths and flaws, but sometimes, negative self-talk can cause you to focus only on the flaws, ultimately making you feel inadequate. It’s extremely important to challenge self-criticism while acknowledging your strengths and practicing self-love. Treat yourself with the same level of kindness that you give to any other amazing person; this could be a big step towards establishing self-confidence. Open communication is crucial in any relationship, whether it's with your parents, partner, children, or any other family member. Although it might be a little challenging at first, communicating clearly and trying to spend good time together can also contribute to building healthy relationships. Additionally, therapy can also be beneficial for one's own personal growth and development.

At the end of the day, we are just human beings. Slow down; be a little more patient with yourself; taking a little more time is totally a right thing to do. Help yourself by setting small goals and taking small steps every day in order to improve yourself and become a better person.

royalPiano4520 June 25th

@sia1325 Your strengths: 1) You have done justice to the provided keywords and have tried incorporating them in your response.

2) You have done a good job of providing a reason for feeling low and a suitable call-to-action because that is what most clients come to therapy for.

3) Your suggestions are practical and humanistic.

The only thing I guess you could work upon is the length of the answer. The cutoff is 100 words or 10 sentences, so as content writers we will be expected to write concise answers to our best (Though it is extremely challenging and trust me, I have failed in my attempt as well. My answer consists of 179 words too :)). Rest, I think you have done a brilliant job!!

AmbrosialElysian July 5th

@sia1325

1. Loved that you provided steps :)
  2. Great use of keywords
  3. Logical yet compassionate
AmbrosialElysian July 5th

@sia1325 One tip would be to make it longer but I understand how difficult that is, I wrote it short myself :)

royalPiano4520 June 25th

Not feeling good enough for someone may sometimes indicate a need for greater self-love and an adjusted sense of self-worth. Oftentimes our self-esteem takes a major hit when as children we accidentally prime ourselves to activate the inner critic and engage in negative self-talk. This is often a result of authoritarian parenting and having critical or overbearing family members around us. But the good news is that there are myriad ways to build self-confidence and take that first step to creating a healthy relationship with yourself. Anytime you are in self-doubt, it becomes imperative to remind yourself of all the right and great things you have done your whole life. It is important to remind yourself what an amazing person you are! Find your voice and do not always internalize others’ opinions about you. Remember, no one ever has complete information about what you truly are other than You and so, at the end of the day, what matters most is how you feel about yourself rather than worrying about whether you are good enough for this other person.

walkalot June 26th

@royalPiano4520

Good answer, Royal Piano. Well said

royalPiano4520 June 26th

@walkalot Thank you :)

KristenHR July 15th

@royalPiano4520

I like how you shared about the inner critic as well as how only the individual knows that they are the one which knows who they are and what is inside of them and not the other person.  Great points on ways to build self-worth.

I appreciate that you related the inner critical voice being from having authoritarian parents, and yet there are some individuals out there who had wonderfully supportive parents who ended up in domestically violent relationships where they were so beaten down emotionally and gaslighted that their critical voice started from that relationship, not always in childhood from their parents.  Just a note to share that there can be other reasons someone has a critical voice that dictates their lack of self-worth or putting others ahead of them or assumes they aren't good enough for another.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Provided Keywords: , self-esteem, , self-worth , inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship,, communication, 

answer: you need to check is this feeling is  a real warning that you are not the fit  to someone or the other part is demanding more efforts from you ; after that you can choose how to handle that improving yourself ,  or stop trying .

walkalot July 14th

@delightfulUnicorn38

Hi Unicorn. Did you sign up for the CDM program? If not, you should do that so we can track your progress and give you a certificate at the end.

You can find the application form on this page:

https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/SoulfullyAButterflysContentGarden_2136/7CupsAcademyContentDevelopmentandMarketingCDMProgram_236685/

@walkalot

yes , i did , i sign up for the CDM program , thank you for caring 🌷

walkalot July 15th

@delightfulUnicorn38

Okay, I will check again