Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

2) Community Questions and Answers - The Basis of Mental Health Awareness and Support

SoulfullyAButterfly January 24th, 2021

As previously introduced, the Questions and Answers Pages at 7 Cups offer a wide range of quality based answers to common mental health questions

Questions and Answers are available for 38 main categories, ranging from General Mental Health, Disabilities, Managing Emotions, Loneliness, Grief, Recovery, Student Life, Work Stress, and many more!

Through this directory of available knowledge, awareness, and support, 7 Cups is equipped with answers to the common questions and concerns people have. Most of these Questions and Answers are featured in search engine results due to the value of the content they contain.

The main community Questions and Answers Page offers a recent questions section as well as a section containing the most answered questions.

All 7 Cups users are invited to search for or ask new questions through the main page. Community users can also participate in this area by submitting their answers, which are reviewed by a team for quality and other important requirements.

Through this discussion, we will discuss the basic requirements needed to research as well as write quality answers for the Question and Answer Pages. Additionally, we will optimize the drafted answers in light of certain guidelines.

(i) Basic Research and Writing Requirements: When writing answers to community questions, keep in mind these tips:

• You need to write a minimum of 150 characters and 100 words.

• If research is needed to guide your answer, consider only learning about the topic and avoid direct copy/pasting researched tips, advice, or information.

• Consider verifying the information or facts through at least 2 reliable sources.

• When researching possible answers or things the person can benefit from, consider their circumstances and if the tip is do-able and generally applicable.

• Avoid plagiarism.

• Use professional and appropriate language.

• If comfortable, you can add a personal anecdote to help add meaning to your answer. However, avoid turning the answer to just your account or an entire focus on your experience.

• Be empathetic, and consider using active listening skills to help not only answer their question but their feelings - this adds connection and meaning to your answer, as well as identifies understanding, which can lead to trust.

• Answers should be related to the question and must contain tips or approaches to help deal with the question/situation instead of vague responses, even if positive.

• 7 Cups is based on avoiding direct advice, this is because we do not know the complete scenario or situation a person may be facing. Keeping that in mind, avoid giving answers that provide one possible “solution” - a good tip is to consider encompassing all possible outcomes or more than one thing the person can try.

(ii) Ensuring Optimized Answers: Although the above requirements and tips help deliver a great answer, further optimization of drafted answers can help ensure their quality.

At 7 Cups, the Content Team uses researched and identified important keywords to guide their research and the writing process to result in optimized content as answers to community questions. In this regard, the basic tips/requirements involved are:

• Ensure answers have at least 8 to 10 sentences.

• Ensure the usage/incorporation of the maximum number or all of the provided keywords that can relate to the topic.

What are Keywords?

Generally, keywords can be thought of as terms or phrases that describe a piece of content. Related keywords are supporting keywords that can help further describe or expand on that initial content. For example, for the keyword “anxiety”, related keywords can be “anxiety symptoms” or “anxiety treatments”.

Keywords help with search engine marketing and hence are an important part of SEO strategies. A simple strategy to find keywords is to look for Google Related Searches. These related searches are searches that relate to your term. For instance, a Google Related Search for “anxiety symptoms” is “what is anxiety” - using this insight, you can consider including this phrase alongside a brief category of your content outline to help strengthen the optimization of your content.

For other free tools to help with keyword research, you can visit this external link.

Activity

Review this Sample Optimized Answer:

Question: How do paper bags help with panic attacks?

Provided Keywords: asthma attack, heart attacks, asthma, problems, brown paper bag, medical conditions, hyperventilation syndrome, mouth, respiratory alkalosis, common causes, chest pain, benefit, stress, medications

Approved, Optimized Answer:

While panic attacks might mimic the symptoms of heart attacks, they can be caused by several other problems and medical conditions. These include feeling stressed or facing medical conditions such as asthma attacks, hyperventilation syndrome, or even respiratory alkalosis. Although the common causes may differ, common symptoms include chest pain. Deep breathing through the mouth or by using a brown paper bag has its benefits, as it aids in the restoration of the loss of carbon dioxide in the blood during the panic attack.

Notes: The question was general, requiring general research-based knowledge on the process of using paper bags for panic attacks. As the keywords were essentially covered, note that this answer does not have 8-10 sentences, but further supporting information or even a personal anecdote can be added.

The following activity will help you put your attained knowledge to practice. Please write an optimized answer to the following community question, in light of the provided keywords. In addition, you are required to reply to at least one other student’s answer by identifying at least 3 strengths (things done correctly as per discussed guidelines) as well as at least 1 tip for improving the answer.

Note: You are welcome to click the question link and submit your written answer for community publication once done as this is an existing question!

Please do not forget to personally save your activity answers as well as your reply to another user’s answer (recommended on Google Doc or other means) as you will be asked to share this for your Weekly Progress Report.

Question: What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Bonus: Want to put your knowledge to test? Consider joining the Question and Answer (Q&A) Approval Team here and earn cheers for helping approve community answer submissions. You will be using the above knowledge as well as reminders on what makes a good answer. For more information, click here

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

sky2Ocean20 March 18th

@Bunnylovesyou

you-are.gif

Countrygirl095 March 3rd

@SoulfullyAButterflyI possess several strengths that contribute to my ability to effectively represent disability and mental health in literature. Firstly, I have a high level of empathy, which enables me to understand the experiences and perspectives of individuals with disabilities and those who are struggling with mental health issues. This allows me to create characters that feel authentic and relatable, helping readers connect with the subject matter on a deeper level.

Secondly, I have a strong self-awareness, which allows me to understand my own biases and prejudices and challenge them when necessary. This ensures that my representation of disability and mental health in literature is accurate and unbiased, avoiding stereotypes and promoting inclusivity.

Finally, I have exceptional listening and storytelling skills. These abilities allow me to gather valuable input and insights from those who possess firsthand experience with disability and mental health. By incorporating their perspectives and stories into my writing, I create narratives that feel authentic and impactful.

To improve my answer, I might consider expanding on the specific techniques or approaches I use to elicit feedback from individuals with lived experiences of disability and mental health. This would demonstrate my commitment to ensuring that my representation is as accurate and sensitive as possible. Additionally, providing examples of successful portrayals of disability and mental health in literature can help ground my answer and provide further context for my suggestions.
Countrygirl095 March 3rd

@SoulfullyAButterfly  What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Feeling not good enough for someone can be a challenging experience. When we compare ourselves to others or internalize negative self-talk, it can create feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt. However, it is important to remember that everyone is unique and possesses different qualities and strengths. By recognizing our own worth and utilizing our strengths, we can express our feelings towards the other person in a healthy and respectful manner.

One strength of writing is the ability to articulate our thoughts and emotions effectively. We can use this strength to express how we perceive ourselves and the other person. By writing a letter to the other person, we can articulate our feelings in a clear and concise manner. This can help us process and make sense of our emotions, while also providing an opportunity for the other person to better understand our perspective.

Another strength is our activity level. We can use our energy to engage in activities that promote self-care and personal growth. This may involve taking solo trips, pursuing hobbies, or engaging in activities that bring us joy and make us feel more confident. By taking care of ourselves and focusing on our own well-being, we can gain a clearer perspective and a greater sense of self-worth.

Sensitivity is a trait that allows us to empathize with others' emotions and experiences. By putting ourselves in the other person's shoes, we can better understand their perspective and perspective. This empathy can help us communicate our feelings in a considerate and compassionate manner. We can express our feelings of not being good enough by acknowledging the other person's strengths and positive attributes, while also acknowledging the challenges they may be facing.

To express our feelings towards the other person using these techniques, we can follow these steps:

1. Write a letter to the other person: Use our writing skills to articulate our thoughts and emotions clearly.

2. Practice empathy: Put ourselves in the other person's shoes and try to understand their perspective.

3. Acknowledge our own worth: Remind ourselves of our own strengths and qualities, even if we may not see them in the moment.

4. Focus on self-care: Engage in activities that bring us joy and boost our self-confidence.

5. Seek support: Consider talking to a therapist or seeking support from family members or friends.

6. Embrace growth: Recognize that self-improvement is an ongoing journey and that we can always become a better person.

In conclusion, feeling not good enough for someone is a common experience. By recognizing our own worth and using our strengths of writing and sensitivity, we can express our feelings towards the other person in a healthy and respectful manner. By practicing empathy, acknowledging our own worth, and engaging in self-care activities, we can create a better relationship built on understanding, compassion, and personal growth. Remember, everyone is unique and has their own set of strengths and weaknesses. 😊
walkalot March 4th

@Countrygirl095

Nice response. Very detailed

lamimoon March 4th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Sometimes, in our lives, we feel like we are not good for someone close to us, such as family members and friends. Most psychologists consider this as a problem with many factors involved. It is important to point out the importance of finding the real reason behind those feelings, to learn how to do the right thing, when we find ourselves troubled with such a question of being good enough.

Admitting that we have a problem are very good news, because acceptance is first step to become a better person and to know our self-worth. However, how can we love someone else if we don't love our own self. We can conclude that, working on our self-love is crucial part of everything. By identifying our inner critics, negative self-talk, self-doubt and other self-confidence killing factors, we can start to remove the feelings of not being enough, if the starting problem was our own self, and not the other person. 

Having someone to support us during those times can be refreshing and reassuring, so don't be afraid to talk with your loved ones and communicate what is happening in your life. At the end of the day, we are humans and it is normal to feel, no matter what is the emotion, but it is important to know how to overcome and handle it.

walkalot March 5th

@lamimoon
Well done, Lamimoon. Good answer.

The answer provided by @lamimoon offers a compassionate and thoughtful perspective on dealing with feelings of inadequacy. Here are three strengths and one tip for improvement:

Strengths:

1. Empathy: The answer demonstrates a deep understanding of the emotional struggle, offering comfort to those who may feel they are not good enough.

2. Encouragement of Self-Love: It emphasizes the importance of self-love and acceptance as foundational steps towards improving self-worth.

3. Communication: The answer highlights the value of open communication with loved ones as a source of support and reassurance.

Tip for Improvement:

- Keyword Optimization: While the answer provides a solid foundation, it could be further optimized by incorporating more of the provided keywords to enhance its visibility in search engines. For instance, terms like "self-esteem," "inner critic," and "self-doubt" could be more explicitly addressed within the context of the response. Additionally, including actionable steps or resources such as "therapy" or "social media's impact on self-worth" could provide readers with more concrete guidance. 

Overall, the answer is supportive and aligns well with the guidelines, but a focus on SEO optimization could increase its reach and effectiveness.

@SoulfullyAButterfly 

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, the best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, a better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, the real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Answer: You are not alone in feeling that you are not good enough for someone. This feeling can come from many sources, such as your parents, your partner, your self-esteem, your social media, or your self-worth. However, this feeling is not true. You are a unique and valuable human being, and you deserve love and respect.

To overcome this feeling, you may need to change your negative self-talk and your self-doubt. The following are not tips or advice, just some ideation that you may consider and I hope that you may find them helpful.

Finding out the real reason why you feel this way: Is it based on facts or assumptions? Is it influenced by external factors, such as family members, peer pressure, or comparison with others?

Questioning the negative thoughts: When you think that you are not good enough, ask yourself if it is true or not. What evidence do you have for or against it? How would you respond if a friend said the same thing about themselves?

Replacing the negative thoughts with positive ones: Focus on your strengths and achievements, not your weaknesses and failures. Remind yourself of all the things that make you a good and worthy person. Use affirmations, such as "I am good enough", "I am worthy of love", or "I am capable of great things".

Getting support from others: You can get help from people who care about you, such as your friends, your children, or your therapist. Talk to them about how you feel and what you need. They can offer you emotional support, validation, and encouragement.

Taking care of yourself and being grateful: Do things that make you happy and relaxed, such as sleeping well, eating well, exercising, and pursuing your hobbies. Also, be grateful for what you have in your life, such as your health, your opportunities, or your passions.

You have the power and the potential to change the way you feel and think about yourself. You can practice self-love and self-confidence, and have a healthy relationship with yourself and others. You can be a better person and do great things with your life. You can have a good time and good luck. You can silence your inner critic and listen to your voice. You can do the right thing and be happy. You are an amazing person who deserves to be loved and respected for who you are.

walkalot March 6th

@ThoughtsBubbleExpress

Good answer, thought bubble.

@walkalot Thank you 💛

Cathylistens September 11th

@ThoughtsBubbleExpress

It's a great answer. I've to give 3 pros and 1 con of the reply 

Pros are easy and I could give far more than 3, but the stand out ones to me are:

1. You are not alone. It's so great for someone to have it confirmed that they are not alone, they are not weird or strange and that every emotion/feeling/thought is ok. Invaluable to someones mindset

2. Breaking it into tips and further breaking it down into ideas to help with progressing if going for the tips given. Really easy, reader friendly and helpful without any feeling of being condescending. Very well thought out and written. 

3. Letting them know that they have the power. This sentence in itself is empowering and always nice to refer back to. 

The con, I don't see anything that doesn't read well or that is not supportive but I have to choose something, so I am stating the fact that they could get support from other people, family, friends, therapist etc. While very helpful and productive, as you may not know their personal circumstances in this regards, some people are very alone and very isolated, so this is the only point I could pick out that may have a negative effect on a reader who gave you no context. 

I really liked this answer, hence the choice to use it. Thank you

sky2Ocean20 March 18th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Question: What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Feeling not good enough often comes from low self-esteem. As a human being, we tend to seek perfection and in order to achieve that feeling we end up having self-doubt. Even though we try our best to portray our best selves to someone, our inner critic tells us that we will never be good enough for someone we love. Social media also sometimes influences such negative self-talk.  The first step to reduce such negative thoughts is to be aware and communicate with the person. End of the day communication is a way that can lead us to healthy relationships.

Personally, I believe once in a while we all have that kind of feeling. When we recognize the real reason behind having such emotions it is easier for us to work on it. Including self-love practices (eg. gratitude, affirmations, etc) in our day-to-day life seems like the right thing to do in this case. 

walkalot March 19th

@sky2Ocean20

Nice answer, Sky. Remember to respond to someone else's too

FeureVox March 23rd

@sky2Ocean20, you have responded to the question seriously. As part of the assignment or task,

I have included Three Strengths in your answer and one humble suggestion to improve your response.

1) The answer effectively communicates empathy, making readers feel understood.

2) It accurately pinpoints low self-esteem and social media as crucial factors behind feelings of inadequacy.
3) It has actionable steps like awareness, communication, and self-love practices for overcoming negative thoughts.

Suggestion/Tip:
Your answer may be enhanced by elaborating on how to implement suggested solutions, such as specific self-love practices or ways to initiate meaningful communication, providing readers with a more precise action plan.
sky2Ocean20 March 24th

@FeureVox

Thank you so much for the review and the suggestion. It means a lot 💖

BloomingSakura March 29th

Hello @sky2Ocean20, thank you for the wonderful answer!
I think it is written wonderfully. You showed proper usage of empathy and validation, implemented keywords properly in your answer, and used professional and easy-to-understand words in your answer.

My one tip for your answer would be to include more solutions that can be implemented by the readers. By providing alternatives, it can also help the readers experiment with the solutions and see which one fits them best!

InsightfulPhoenix March 23rd

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Note: You are welcome to click the question link and submit your written answer for community publication once done as this is an existing question!

Please do not forget to personally save your activity answers as well as your reply to another user’s answer (recommended on Google Doc or other means) as you will be asked to share this for your Weekly Progress Report.

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

Answer: I feel that when you are taking a moment of reflection and noticing that you don't feel aligned to those you love. It stems from deep rooted trauma from the past. This is not your fault nor is it something you should feel terrible for. Nowadays, society creates this perfect image of what “perfect” counterparts are when in reality we all have flaws and trauma that we all are healing from. Please continue to be gracious with yourself, because at the end of the day you are doing the very best you can, even if it does not seem like it.

My response: Here are some of the strengths I have noticed overall from everyone 

1. Openness: I feel that everyone that has responded to this question has allowed themselves to feel vulnerable in some form or fashion. Allowing themselves a moment to think back when they too felt this way around those they loved or even with themselves as an individual person.

2. Respect: I feel that everyone also displayed an enormous amount of respect for this question because this is something that we all feel at some point in time, whether it is through a form of trauma or just a low moment. We all have been there every once and a while. 

3. Gratitude: I feel that everyone also displayed gratitude for one another, showing compassion for each others' individual responses and reflections. 

Bonus strength: 

4. Courage: I feel that everyone that has taken the time to put thought into their answers, think back to a time that they have felt like this, or even witnessed a loved one feel like this. It gave them the internal strength to be open about the experience and feel the energy of the answers they gave or the level of kindness displayed in each answer.

walkalot March 25th

@InsightfulPhoenix
well done, Phoenix. Good answer

MariposaDeLaLuna7 April 8th

@InsightfulPhoenix

Hi there, i choose you to respond on your post and here are my thoughts☺️:

1. Warm answer and understanding of the problem that is going on. 
  2. You can tell that you have experienced or know about this kind of issue the way you respond.
  3. Providing knowledge where this issue can come from and that it is normal to feel that way and it’s not their fault.
  4. Encouraging the member to treat themselves gracefully and reassuring that they are doing their best

Improvement: 

You could provide them with infos about how they can treat themselves more gracefully. 

FeureVox March 24th

@SoulfullyAButterfly:

What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

Feeling not good enough for someone, whether parents, partners, or peers, often stems from self-doubt and negative self-talk influenced by social media and comparisons.

1) The first step towards overcoming these feelings is recognizing your self-worth by ignoring others' opinions.

2) Practicing self-love and addressing the inner critic can boost self-esteem and self-confidence.

3) Open communication with family members or a partner can clarify misunderstandings and reinforce your value in these relationships.

4) Therapy is a valuable tool for unpacking these feelings, understanding their actual reasons, and developing strategies to counteract them.

Remember, you're a fantastic person deserving of healthy relationships. You can strengthen your sense of worth by self-acceptance and pursuing personal growth.

walkalot March 25th

@FeureVox

Nice one, Feure Vox. Good answer

@FeureVox

I really like how your answer is empathetic, positive, motivational, and light-hearted.

Maybe it could also provide some more details and solutions to be implemented, as a means to be even more complete.

Thanks for posting!

BloomingSakura March 29th

Answer:
Feeling not good enough for someone else is something that is based on your self-esteem. When things aren't going well in our lives, there may be times when you think you are not good enough for the people in your life. There may be various sources that are making you feel this way such as:

1. External Validation. Whether it be your partner, your parents, or your friends, there are moments where others' opinions can influence you. While getting approval from other people can make you feel good, this can make you too dependent on outside opinion. It can also make you develop a harsh inner critic that can make you feel like you're not doing enough to please others.

2. Comparison. Comparison, especially when being done by someone you view as important can also be a source of negative self-esteem. I've also had the experience of being compared to my more successful cousins by my family members. It made me doubt myself and feel that I have to prove my self-worth according to their standards.

In this age of technology, it's getting easier to connect with other people such as friends and family members through social media. However, people usually only share certain moments of their lives (such as certain happy or joyous moments in their lives). Thus, it can give you the image that other people are doing well in life with no struggles. This can make you compare yourself to other people and trigger negative self-talk.

To overcome this, there are a few things you can do to improve your self-esteem such as:
1. Challenge your negative self-talk. When you catch yourself talking negatively about yourself, try to question why you're thinking like that. See if you can also respond to the thought with evidence or concrete actions you did in the past to respond to it.

2. Evaluate your relationships. Some of the relationships you're keeping in your life might support your negative image of yourself. Evaluate the relationships you have in your life and whether they are supportive or destructive to your efforts to improve your self-esteem and self-worth.

3. External Support. You can get support from other people who care about you such as your family, your friends, your partner, your children, etc. You can also talk to a professional therapist to help sort out your thoughts and support you on your journey to self-improvement.

4. Gratefulness Exercise. Fostering gratitude about things in your life or your positive attributes. You can do this verbally by recording yourself or writing out what you feel grateful about in a journal. With this, you can also look back at the things you are grateful for and help you improve your self-esteem and how you view yourself.

Keep in mind that different solutions work on different people and there might be other solutions that fit you more that I haven't written yet in my answer.

At the end of the day, I hope you will be able to recognize that you are an amazing person and that you don't have to be perfect to live a happy life. I hope you can believe in yourself and that you can do great things as long as you set your mind to it💖

Written with love by Sakura💮

walkalot April 8th

@BloomingSakura

Hi Sakura, well done. Detailed and nuanced

@SoulfullyAButterfly

What to do when you feel you are not good enough for someone?

This is such an unpleasant and frustrating feeling to experience, albeit very common. Firstly, it’s important to always try to remember and build on our self-worth. We all have strengths and weaknesses, things we are naturally good at and things we need to improve on. Striving to be a better person every day is a most noble cause, and one that is definitely worth pursuing. However, one should focus on personal and self-improvement, rather than trying to please others. Self-confidence and self-love are a must in this process. Because, at the end of the day, the person we most need to impress is ourselves. I also firmly believe that connection and mutual appreciation should come naturally, especially in close relationships, whatever their nature. If it’s not meant to happen, then acceptance should be put into practice. Lastly, you should be kind to yourself and respect your well-being at all times. This makes life way more enjoyable and satisfying.

walkalot April 8th

@TogetherForeverAlways

Good job, Together. I like that it's succinct and to the point

@walkalot

I appreciate your kind words.

pandanfe April 11th

@TogetherForeverAlways

Your response was well written, started by showing empathy. I loved how your writing was sweet and straight to the point, making it easy to understand. Suggestion for improvement would be to structure your paragraph, about each paragraph focusing on single main points. Overall, I really liked your views on self-acceptance, it is indeed encouraging. Thank you for taking your time to write it down 💛

@pandanfe

Hey. I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you as well!

MariposaDeLaLuna7 April 8th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Feeling like you are not good enough for someone can be very discouraging making you believe that there must be something wrong with you. Our inner voice takes on the role of the inner critic and engages in negative self-talk, leading to self-doubt and a feeling of unworthiness. 

There are different reasons that can make us believe that we are not good enough for someone. It often stems from a low self-worth - what you believe about your worth and value as in what do you believe that you deserve. It‘s an internal evaluation of yourself.

Whereas self-esteem is based on external factors like what you accomplished or what you are good at. What abilities and skills you believe you do well. 

Self-worth can be seen as a foundation that is rather consistent throughout different circumstances and throughout your whole life in comparison to self-esteem which changes depending on how you are feeling, how others might view and approve you, how you compare yourself to others, etc. A  low self-esteem can however impact your self-worth negatively.

As a human being you are worthy of being loved and treated with respect. Please have in mind that your self-worth is not dependent of nobody - not your partner, your parents, nor what social media might suggests or says. 

There are different ways on how you can improve your self-worth. Good news is, you took the first step already by acknowledging how you are feeling and by asking this question. The following information is a list of suggestions on what you can do. You can see them as tips to help you get started on your journey, but at the end of the day it’s your decision if and which one(s) you may choose to follow:

1. Show compassion towards yourself. Start by being kind to yourself and by accepting yourself with your perfect imperfections, because we all have them, thats what makes us human in the first place.
  2. Do something that is fun. Things that you enjoy doing and that you are good at. This can reinforce you positively and leave you with a strong sense of capability. If you don‘t know what you enjoy doing, best way to start could be by doing something you once enjoyed as a child. 
  3. Call out your inner critic and challenge your negative thoughts. Whenever you catch your inner critic talking, start asking yourself if it is true and try to communicate with yourself in the same way you would with a friend that is beating themselves up.
  4. Rather than comparing yourself to others, focus and celebrate on how far you have come and what progress you made. The outcome is secondary.
  5. Surrounding yourself with the right people. Those that want to see you succeed and will encourage you rather than people that talk negative about/to you and tear you down.

walkalot April 8th

@MariposaDeLaLuna7

Great answer, Mariposa. Very detailed too

pandanfe April 11th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Sometimes you may doubt yourself questioning if you're good enough for someone or not. These kind of inner critic usually starts from past experiences (loved ones like parents, family members or partner making you feel like you're not good enough or is unworthy of respect) or unhealthy social media habits.

In cases, where one don't feel like they're a good human being for someone, they tend to blame themselves but this issue can be fixed. 

1. Accept yourself and know your worth: I understand it's really hard to accept and love yourself when you are having negative self-talk, but trust me, you're worthy of love and respect and the one who deserves to stay with you will love you for who you are. Starting with the basic practice like building self-confidence, self-esteem and self-love will tell you what a great human being you are.
  2. Communication: Healthy communication is key to any successful relation. So opening up about how you feel about your relationship with your friend or partner clarifies everything. If they love you, they'll support you and let you know how amazing of a person you are. But in case, they contrast there, you know who's not fit to be around you. Surrounding yourself with better person who spreads positivity is really crucial for your overall personal and spiritual growth. 
  3. Self-Care: Being kind and compassionate to yourself aims to improve your emotional, physical and mental well-being. You don't need to allocate a separate time to self-care, taking care of yourself every moment when you're with yourself (basically 24/7) is the best self care practice.
  4. Therapy: Therapy is much more than a solution for mental illness. It will be supportive with your mental health needs helping you gain new perspectives, guiding you to personal growth, mental awareness and more fulfilling life. Basically it helps you with self-discovery. 

Notes to parents: Never let your kids down even when they're wrong. There're always better ways to address the mistake children make. Even small scratch (neglecting, not appreciating enough, mishandling the case, etc.) could give the threat of infection if not treated on time. 

No matter what, just know that you're awesome and deserves to be loved. You're never less for the one who chose to stay with you. The right person will love you for who you are 💛

walkalot April 12th

@pandanfe

Good answer, Pandanfe. Keep it up

coolvibes April 30th

@SoulfullyAButterfly 

Provided Keywords: parents, partner, self-esteem, social media, self-worth, good news, best way, first step, human beings, children, therapy, self-love, family members, better person, good time, good luck, inner critic, self-doubt, negative self-talk, real reason, whole life, amazing person, self-confidence, voice, right thing, healthy relationship, great things, information, communication, end of the day

It is easy to doubt one's self-worth if you grew up exposed to negative feedback about who you are as a person. Negative feedback can blur the reality that everyone has strengths and weaknesses that help create their uniqueness as an individual. It can be hard not to label these attributes as good or bad, however practicing staying non-judgemental will help look at these attributes in a more objective way. Ask yourself, what are my strengths? What do my strengths bring to the table when it comes to relationships? How do my strengths compensate for any areas that might need work? You can use affirmations to help build self-esteem, they are simple daily reminders either placed in a journal or on post-its that identify positive characteristics about the self. You can ask people in your environment, whether they be co-workers, friends, family, church members, what they think your strengths are, so you get direct feedback from those you trust. Reversing negative internal dialog takes work, but it is possible. Surrounding yourself with positive reinforcers will help break down the built-up negative Identity into one that is more flexible, feels acceptable, and increases confidence. I hope your journey of self-discovery leads you to feeling more comfortable perceiving yourself as an asset in relationships. 

BismaKanwal April 30th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Answer: As frustrating as it can be to find yourself in such a situation. If one ever finds themselves in a situation where they feel inadequate in someone's eyes, it is vital to navigate these emotions with compassion and with care. understanding that your self worth is not defined by other's validation in such situation is essential. this includes the perception of people closest to you like parents, partners or peers. Engaging in self-affirming practices, such as journaling about your achievements or practicing self-compassion exercises, can help bolster your self-esteem. Communication is such situation is well served. 

walkalot May 1st

@BismaKanwal

Good job, Bisma. Keep up the good work

coolvibes May 1st

@SoulfullyAButterfly I don't know if I can resubmit here?

walkalot May 1st

@coolvibes

Yes

coolvibes May 1st

@SoulfullyAButterfly 

It is easy to doubt one's self-worth. Growing up exposed to negative feedback about who you are as a person blurs the reality that everyone has strengths and weaknesses. These traits help create uniqueness as an individual. It can be hard not to label these attributes as good or bad.  Trying to practice staying non-judgemental will help to look at these attributes more objectively. Ask yourself, what are my strengths? What do my strengths bring to the table when it comes to relationships? How do my strengths compensate for any areas that might need work?

There are strategies you can implement. By using affirmations you can build self-esteem, they are simple daily reminders either placed in a journal or on post-its. You can ask people in your environment, whether they be co-workers, friends, family, church members, what they think your strengths are. Doing this, you get direct feedback from those you trust. Receiving constructive feedback can curb negative self-talk. Surrounding yourself with positive reinforcers will help break down the built-up negative Identity. You can create self-esteem that is more flexible, feels acceptable, and increases confidence. You have the right to explore what mutual admiration in a relationship feels like.

walkalot May 2nd

@coolvibes

Well done