Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

13) Reviewing and Promoting Current Articles

SoulfullyAButterfly February 26th, 2021

Through this activity, we will review current content and get to promote content too.

Activity

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

2. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.

3. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

5. Offer feedback to one student for their submissions to the above steps.

Please ensure that your submissions to each of the steps of this activity are all contained in one forum post/reply.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

KBeauty12 April 10th, 2022

@crang17

The graphic is nice and complements the article

Prachi9876 March 15th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Using her passion to improve others’ mental health, Prachi has been an active listener at 7 Cups since 2018. As a lifelong learner, she has been enthusiastic about learning diverse skills and has successfully completed the Leadership Development Program (LDP) and internship programs at the 7 Cups Academy. Although an Engineer, she likes to tactfully apply her analyzing skills in the area of mental health. She is currently an active member of the Verifiers Listeners Team. Having struggled with issues of self-esteem and depression, Prachi now is on the other side of the road by happily listening to others via 7Cups!

@Prachi9876

Please Please Ignore this Answer.!
Thank you

@SoulfullyAButterfly

MY FINAL SUBMISSION

Article Link: https://www.7cups.com/experts/article/interview-coping-skills-for-anxiety

3 Strengths:
- Article was conversational. The creator asked small questions like- “Have you felt this?”

- Sources mentioned and hyperlinked.

- “sharable” and “relatable” topic chosen

Review

E-psychology graduate, CDM graduate, GLDD Graduate
A- writer, editor, chatroom supporter

T- strong passion for psychology, mental health and counselling

Graphic:https://imgur.com/wEAEFmX

PS: Open to feedback.

MoonlightHelper1 March 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Title: Never Say "I'm Stressed" Again!

3 top strengths: a unique take on the topic (stress), sharable on social media, backlinking to 7 cups free resources

EAT:

Expertise- Ph.D. degree, Licensed therapist

Authority – included autobiography (Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Training at Argosy University), good book reviews

Trustworthiness – the article includes external back-linking, referenced award-winning author, social science researcher with own website page

_1647553154.image.png

March 21st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic. (Stress to Calm in 4 Powerful Steps - How to manage and control stress using easy steps)

https://www.7cups.com/experts/article/stress-to-calm-in-4-powerful-steps

2. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.

-The article is concise and gets straight to the point

- The author was thorough on all points and did not skip over details.

- The author also demonstrated empathy and was helpful in suggesting self-affirmations to view stressors as challenges to be overcome.

3. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

Expertise

1. The author mentions in his biography that he has a BA in psychology.

2. The author has been a volunteer active listener at 7 Cups since September 2021.

Authority

1. The author provided valid links that lead the reader to 7 Cups

2. The author could have used Grammarly to correct her English

Trust

1. The author has a good portfolio in her biography

2. The author has included valid quotes in the article

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

_1647876112.ac1e20f3-12bd-4f18-acc4-e2d923292d0d.jpg

5. Offer feedback to one student for their submissions to the above steps.

@KateDoskocilova (page 6)

I love the bright colors used in the design of this image. It is so aesthetically pleasing and people would actually want to look at it.

Ayamii September 23rd, 2022

@Helpingheart23

Your review is structured smoothly and concise. It really shows that you’ve read through the article thoroughly. Your graphic is very clean and digestible --- it gives a glimpse of what the article has to offer without overwhelming the reader with text. Good job!

pamharley003 March 31st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I read on stress to calm in 4 powerful steps:

I found this article to be helpful to me because I do stress a lot in my daily life.

The article showed how to release stress in tips that can help when a day is too stressful to handle.

I learned how to relax more and how too much stress is not good for the body and mind.

Cooments:

the article had a lot of ways to practice how to release stress.

the article was well written by the author

I trust the author in the way to help others not only themselvess in what they write about

_1648737066.image.png

Destiny4157 April 2nd, 2022

Hi @pamharley003,

Excellent job on yourr post. You review was concise and well explained. I also like your graphic. It's very motivating and inspiring. It's perfect for this topic!

pamharley003 April 3rd, 2022

@Destiny4157

Thank you, I am learning new things since being on the team. I am sort of old fashion but willing to learn.

Destiny4157 April 2nd, 2022

1)The article I chose is Coping with Job Loss by Julie Ford. Here is the link:

https://www.7cups.com/experts/article/coping-with-job-loss

2)The first top strength is the utilization of empathy. At the beginning of the article, the author talked about how much energy and investment goes into working a job 8 hours a day and five days a week. The author also mentions people's feelings when they lose their job. I could tell that the author really understands what it's like to have a job and then lose it.

The second top strength is hyperlinking sources. The author hyperlinked a lot of words to lead back to sources and also give the reader more information.

The third top strength is utilizing an expert quote to back up the author’s statement and add value to the article.

3)Expertise: The author used a quote from a psychologist/author. The author also has a passion for mental health advocacy and has experience with mental health conditions. She also has 20 years of writing experience.

Authority: The author has five other articles that she has written on 7 Cups. One of her articles talks about the signs and symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). She also has an article on co-parenting.

Trust: The author has written articles for different publications. She also has good quality content in her articles. I could tell that she spent time gathering the information and writing in a way to help people cope with job loss.

4) https://www.canva.com/design/DAE8v25jZLU/7ejFOGR3h7ypo2haNds5_g/view?utm_content=DAE8v25jZLU&utm_campaign=share_your_design&utm_medium=link&utm_source=shareyourdesignpanel

colorfulTurtle948 April 26th, 2022

@Destiny4157 I like how you looked at the details for the EAT analysis!

Destiny4157 April 26th, 2022

@colorfulTurtle948 Thanks! 😄

KBeauty12 April 10th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The article that I choose from the expert section is How To Deal With Negative Thoughts: Empowerment Through Self-Compassion

The reader demonstrated empathy, there was also a quotation and a hyperlink

Expertise: The article mentioned the number of years and being a holistic individual with a licensed social work profession

Authority: There are two other publications under the author’s name

Trust: Her blended skills and work experience in education and practice are used to deliver quality to her clients.

Linked copied: https://express.adobe.com/sp/urn:aaid:sc:US:d8dc8b0e-2961-4cca-b2f5-3bdb18ab7442?fmt=post

Can someone guide me to a free graphic site to include the 7 cups logo, thanks

secrecykhasya June 4th, 2022

@KBeauty12

Hey :) can you re-attach the link to the article? It seems like we couldn't get access to your link of the article and graphic. I'll pm you regarding the putting 7 cups logo in graphic

Need any help regarding CDM discussion and assignment? Please don't hesitate to reach out to us, mentors of CDM :)

_1654347438.CDM Mentor tag[10].png

Train1 April 13th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1. The article I read was How to stop Negative Thinking part 1 and 2.

2. I believe that the article is empowering as it is focussed on identifying negative thoughts with a view to reframing them in a positive light in order to help the reader to produce an overall positive mindset.
The author has shown empathy by mentioning that the negative thoughts affect many people and that it is only natural to feel this way; however, he advised that you should look at overcoming the negative thoughts that are overtaking your life.
I believe that the language used in the article is conversational and accessible. Although the wording is very
professional in nature, it is written in a way that can be understandable to any reader, as if they are having an insightful conversation with a good friend.

3. EAT
Expertise
The content of the article is comprehensive yet digestible. The author has listed a lot of information for the reader; however, the content is very relatable and he has done a great job of including examples for clear understanding. Many headings and short paragraphs have also helped to achieve this.

Authority
The author is a highly experienced mental health professional and he has done a great job of linking his material together with other expert articles that he has written. Twitter and Facebook have also been successfully used to help further share
the outstanding content.
On the other hand, I did not see any references to boost
the authority from other professionals in the article.

Trust
Trust has been clearly established through the author's biography and the listing of the other numerous authoritarian articles that are linked to his profile.

3. Please find my graphic for the article below.

_1649825574.Reframe your negative thinking.jpeg

yellowcloudZzz April 17th, 2022

@Train1

You explained your reasons well, shows that you paid attention to everything that needed to be done, and your graphics is lovely.

sshn07 June 9th, 2022

@Train1

Your analysis of the article is constructive and cogent. You have summarized it well based on each criterion which I'm sure helps the author in their future writing and other writers who are looking to integrate EAT and best writing practices in their work. Your feedback is also useful that can possibly improve the article. As for your graphic, the colours do look pleasing, however, I would suggest giving a little oomph to it to further support the article - just as how good your analysis is. Good job!

p.s making graphics can be super hard for starters, but tools like Canva have helped me to play around creatively. Perhaps, external tools as such can be of help for you too.

SirenOfSerenity July 11th, 2022

@Train1

Every requirement of the assignment was answered and structured perfectly, and you made a very captivating graphic :) It's very inviting for someone who wants (or needs) to explore this topic

yellowcloudZzz April 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Article title

Coping with life: Breaking down positive and negative coping skills

Best Practice

1. Informative and easy to read

2. Helpful links

3. Thorough in his writing

EAT

Expertise: I. Has been on 7cups for a long time.

ii. Has been in the mental health field for over 10 years with a master's in clinical psychology.

Authority: i. Has published numerous articles on a well-known mental health platform; 7cups.

ii. Professional in his writing.

Trust: I. His works are well researched and highly educative which would reassure anyone reading.

ii. He shows lots of experience in the way he writes so it's easy to trust his words.

_1650189651.0001-23962797182_20220417_103017_0000.png

Kpopcat2020 April 21st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Review and Promoting Current Articles

I read the article 'Stress To Calm in 4 Powerful Steps"

The article was informative and on-point, with precise details and was empathetic.

According to Professor Robertson, a leading neuroscientist, "Use self-affirmations such as 'I am excited' to view stressors as challenges to overcome."

Comments:

Expertise: The author knows what he/she is talking about and they are very well-informed, and they have been volunteering at 7 cups since 2021.

Authority: The author is a graduate at 7 Cups Academy and has a BA in psychology.

Trust: I trust what the author has written, and they back up with statements and sources.

colorfulTurtle948 April 26th, 2022
1. How to Support Loved Ones with Children on the Autism Spectrum

2. A) Hyperlinking to informative yet not too jargon-y articles, B) Concise and C) The subheadings are connecting with the reader

3. E - Biography with over 10 years of experience
A - Included citations (hyperlinks) through out
T - Personal connection by mentioning an autistic nephew

4. _1650942103.7cups-001.png
magicalOcean594 June 30th, 2022

@colorfulTurtle948

i enjoyed your submission it was just a tiny bit of confusion for me as the numbers were kind of all over the place. But i deff didnt understand the submission anyways bc i wrote a comment for all eat and the. 2 comments underneath what I wrote for what the person did anyways ! Lol so im just silly. Sometimes the guidelines are super super confusing to me….. they arent exactly straightforward as i like. Great job tho !!!!

CoffeeAddict07 May 15th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The article that I chose from the section was What are the 3 Types of Insomnia:

The top 3 strengths that the author demonstrated from the Best Practices were hyperlinking their sources, quoting studies done by experts, and the author utilization of empathy.

Expertise: the article talks about multiple studies that were conducted by professionals

Authority: the author talks about she graduated from the Content Development and Marketing Program

Trust: the author talks about how they are learning more about mental health and active listening in 7 cups in her biography, which shows that she is an empathetic person

Link: https://www.canva.com/design/DAFAzEzxTFU/Z6qdxu-56BJkvhKM-YK76A/view?utm_content=DAFAzEzxTFU&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

usefulSummer3139 May 23rd, 2022

@CoffeeAddict07

Thank you for sharing! Your EAT points are relevant and succinct. Also, I appreciate the use of a picture in your graphic.

usefulSummer3139 May 23rd, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

https://www.7cups.com/experts/article/interview-coping-skills-for-anxiety

The top three strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices are:

1) Conciseness

2) Empathetic

3) Use of keywords

Expertise: The article contains comprehensive strategies from credible sources. It is heavily research-based.

Authority: The author has cited all of their information and the article has been shared on the official 7 Cups editorial page.

Trust: The author is a psychology graduate, which adds to their credibility. Also, they have stated their affiliation with 7 Cups.

Graphic:

_1653283201.How to be happy.png

alex000 May 23rd, 2022

@usefulSummer3139

Love you work. The image is very inviting. Your points are well researched.

Well done

alex000 May 23rd, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Chosen Article - Conquering anxiety with resilience

3 strengths -

1. The article starts with an actual scenario of what anxiety physically feels like. Which is relatable to those who suffer from anxiety.

2. The writer explains her 2 main topics - anxiety and resilience very well.

3. The article is very empathetic and motioning, giving the reading hope.

EAT

Expertise -

1. The writer mentions she personally dealt with anxiety.

2. She mentions that she is a 7cups listener and has graduated from the CDM programme.

Authority -

1. She mentions in the article that she has had interaction with people who have anxiety.

2. The writer added many sources and facts. That shows that her article is very well researches.

Trust -

1. The writer wants to help others because of her own experience with anxiety.

2. She lists her experience and qualifications.

_1653335296.@alex001.png

alex000 May 23rd, 2022

@alex000

Sorry I made 2 spelling errors.

1. I meant motivating not motioning

2. I meant researched not researches

alex000 May 23rd, 2022

@alex000

An error occurred with my image in the first post

_1653337076.@alex001-1.png

BlueCup55 May 26th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Article: How to Overcome Self-Esteem Challenges

Strengths: easy to understand, very informative, good use of example

EAT

Expertise: the author has a five-star rating, and has completed various training programs.

Authority: the author has researched well, also attached a link to provide more

relevance to the article

Trust: given real-life examples, has completed multiple training programs on 7 cups.

bQjvE7w0wevPZg9EP-q1SkGgbXc7PWVwGIT9zmJ_k8_ZWtkyCFospmM1vv2kXCCxexPwNsCnYJbt0O1XBc1voRNLMtdemfCb-TEIHSB1eOL-qlH5cae-NSjQraqr7X9rPBczgWNLpKSoSc_2Qw

sshn07 June 9th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1. Eating Disorder Facts: What You Didn't Know

2. Best Practices:

a) Author used her personal experience to discuss the topic which certainly gives a sense of hope to those with an eating disorder.

b) She has also included expert insights with cited sources which are highly needed for this article.

c) The content is concise and did not gloss over specifics. Information given was just nice for the length of article.

3. EAT

Expertise

a) Author has thoroughly researched and used relevant keywords in the article.
b) The content has good formatting by bolding key sentences to capture the reader’s attention.

Authority

a) Author has cited external sources which make the facts and statistics reliable.

b) By providing backlinks to 7 Cups relevant webpages, author has proven the content is authoritative.

Trust

a) Sharing author’s personal experience with bulimia promotes trust in readers, however, author can briefly add some of her steps taken to recover from her eating disorder.

b) Her biography and other articles at the bottom of the page definitely add credibility to her work.

4. OOHOpIsIMYklKPsGuEZkANkcwYRoOtUmC2emmX_cQH4VqT6Bmc6HjLeGRpNm4GF5_so_OOITtqVARZDiJJscCFyxV4WmbRL2bqswxTnyfV9C0rY4PCtilOCOSWvH2IKIBezsSr66RlogkDSitA

5. Replied to @Train1

Huriya June 10th, 2022

@sshn07
Really good analysis of the post. Your graphic choice is also really nice. I like how you encourage people to take measures to fight eating disorders.

Huriya June 10th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Article review: Stress to Calm in 4 Powerful Steps

https://www.7cups.com/experts/article/stress-to-calm-in-4-powerful-steps

Strengths:

· Effective backlinking to the stress topic on 7 Cups. Will help people quickly access resources related to stress on the site.

· The content is properly divided with appropriate sub-headings.

· The ending offers links to different support resources that will aid the reader in finding different ways to manage their stress via the services of 7 Cups.

· Good use of hash-tags to make it more available on different social media.

Expertise:

· Her BA in Psychology shows she has knowledge of what she is talking about.

· Being an active 7 Cups listener further highlights her involvement in the field

Authority:

· The content does not deviate from the topic of choice and has a confident tone throughout.

· Suggesting the approach of a leading neuroscientist brings more credibility to the post.

Trust:

· Zahraa has a few more articles published that highlight her keenness in the field of mental health.

· The way key phrases are highlighted considers the time needs of the reader. As a reader, I feel someone who is stressed might find this very helpful.

Graphic: Instagram stories (Quoted the writer's content)
_1654849720.@Huriya (1).png

PhoenixTears5972 June 14th, 2022

Review, and Promoting Current Articles

• The article I read was on Different types of PTSD

• The article was informative , interesting and knowledgeable.

Comments:

Expertise : It was informative. The author knows about this area well .

Authority: The author knows about the subject well and has done enough research to come up with quality content on the topic which is very much evident in the article.

Trustworthiness: I would trust what this author writes and would recomment her writing to many people since her contents are worth to be trusted because the author is no doubt extremely knowledgebale .

whatsapp-image-2022-06-15-at-1-52_1655238295.19 AM.jpeg

magicalOcean594 June 30th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

the article i read was called “how to trap depression”

Strengths

1)i loved in the beginning when the writer took the time to write a little breifing on what it feels like to live with depression using descriptive words such as its like being cold in the winter. Using as and like were huge for me

2)intead of stating just the symptoms of depression he wrote “indicators” as well!

3)I Thought it was amazing how he wrote three stories of famous people’s struggle stories with depression showing that even spotlight individual’s struggle as average everyday people too.

Expertise:

Used some great key words as well as hyper links.

Comment

1)Could have definitely made a better effort to name the qoutes he was writing.2) He definitely knew what he was doing overall with expertise though! Great job on that!!

Authority: shared his knowledge on depression and what he researched was very consistent with what added up.

Comment

1) did a great job on the evidence 2) and the subheading

Trust: Put three different stories of real life beings who have struggled with depression

comments 1) made sure that the famous people mattered with their depression 2) could have elaborated a little more, the “stories” were a tiny bit short for my liking. The audience’s needs more grab.

_1656561169.FD78C7D4-B04E-411E-8D74-31D48D4EE939.jpeg

easyMaple3687 July 11th, 2022

Review and Promoting Current Articles.

The Article I will reviewing is Feeling Tired? A Path to a Better Sleep written by Scott Fantucchio.

_1657498626.96BE7139-2127-4316-AB8D-C2C2435598BA.png

The Top 3 Strengths of The Article:

1. offers many helpful insights to people looking to improve their sleep hygiene.

2. Helps people to develop a pre sleep plan and identify habits that may be effecting their quality of sleep.

3. Shows real data and statistics from The National Sleep Foundation

Reviewing Article for EAT.

Expertise:

1. Author did not use personal experiences combined with research. I would have enjoyed to learn more about how he worked through sleep challenges with his clients.

2. Collaborative work with friends/colleagues also in the field would have given the article a more personal touch.

Authority:

1. The data presented is from a study conducted in 2018. While it is helpful, I would like to see a more current study.

2. Case Studies of clients who have used some of the strategies suggested discussing their results would also give the article more authority.

Trustworthiness

1. The strategies suggested come from credible publications. I would have like to have learned more about who developed the strategies.

2. Mr. Fantucchio has over 10 years working in the field of mental health counselling, as well a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology. Based on his education and experience, he is a credible professional on the subject which helps establish trust with readers.

@easyMaple3687

You did very well addressing evey part of the assignment, and your graphic is adorable 🥰 Literally perfect for the title

Activity

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

- https://www.7cups.com/experts/article/im-lonely-what-do-i-do-coping-with-loneliness

2. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of "Best Practices".

- Includes back up statements with research or facts if applicable (cite sources)

- Includes expert quotes and insights

- Very thorough, gives the reader empathy and hope

- E: (1) Content is Researched Based (2) Content is Comprehensive yet Digestible

- A: (1) Content is Cited (2) The article itself isn't widely shared, but has sources that are!

- T: (1) Includes an author's biography (2) Includes 4 external sources being cited

_1657581148.20220711_191016_0000.png

EmpathyShoulder1904 July 12th, 2022

@SirenOfSerenity

Your activity was properly carried out by following the tips properly and your graphic is lovely👌