Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

13) Reviewing and Promoting Current Articles

SoulfullyAButterfly February 26th, 2021

Through this activity, we will review current content and get to promote content too.

Activity

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

2. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.

3. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

5. Offer feedback to one student for their submissions to the above steps.

Please ensure that your submissions to each of the steps of this activity are all contained in one forum post/reply.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

WeEarth January 16th

@enigmaticpanda4152

Thank you my friend 😊💖. It's my pleasure that you liked the graphic😍

ThoughtLight January 26th

@ SoulfullyAButterfly

Link to article reviewed: Stress to Calm in 4 Powerful Steps | 7 Cups

3 Top Strengths in Terms of Best Practices

1- It is written in a concise manner.

2- The author is very thorough.

3- The article is very informative.

Expertise

1. The article is very comprehensive.

2- The content is research based.

Authoritativeness

1- Contains very useful backlinks.

2- Contains a reference to an expert and a specific book written by them.

Trust

1- Includes a bio.

2- Could have shown more marketing traits to indicate popularity. 

Link to my graphic:

https://new.express.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:VA6C2:01017c44-4616-5c95-8818-e2a754aa3220?invite=true&promoid=Z2G1FQKR&mv=other
CupcakeCaring February 26th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Exercise and Movement

Daily Self-care Practices

Realistic Expectations

Expertise:

The article demonstrates a good level of expertise in stress management and mental health. It discusses the impacts of stress on health and provides practical tips supported by psychological concepts, like the positive effects of exercise on mood.

The advice given in the article is practical, realistic, and aligns with known strategies for stress reduction, reflecting a knowledgeable understanding of the subject matter.

Authority:

The article maintains a tone that conveys authority and reassurance. The language is clear, and the advice provided is presented with confidence, giving readers a sense of trust in the information.

There's a mention of specific apps like Headspace and Calm, adding a touch of authority by referencing reputable resources for meditation and relaxation, showing awareness of current tools for mental well-being.

Trustworthiness:

The article encourages honesty and openness about stress, fostering a sense of trust between the reader and the information provided. It acknowledges the normalcy of stress and emphasizes self-acceptance.

The incorporation of health-related consequences of stress, such as heart disease and depression, adds credibility to the content, as it highlights the seriousness of managing stress for overall well-being.

nature_1708948108.jpeg

Countrygirl095 March 3rd

Dating When Parents Don't Approve

Article Summary

The article titled "Dating When Parents Don't Approve" explores the challenges faced by individuals when their parents disapprove of their romantic relationships. Written by a mental health student, this article aims to provide valuable insights and guidance to those navigating the complex dynamics of parental disapproval and dating.

3 Strengths of the Article

1. Concise: The article concisely addresses the various aspects of dating when parents disapprove, providing readers with a concise overview of the topic.

2. Empathic: The author effectively conveys empathy towards individuals who face parental disapproval, acknowledging the emotional challenges involved.

3. Hopeful: The article concludes with a positive and hopeful tone, encouraging readers to navigate this situation with resilience and understanding.

Expertise and Authority

The author possesses expertise in mental health, with a primary focus on relationship dynamics. They have thoroughly researched the topic, drawing upon relevant studies and real-life stories to provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject.

Moreover, the article was published on 7cups, a renowned platform dedicated to mental health. The credibility of 7cups is further enhanced by the fact that it has a Wikipedia page, which further establishes its authority in the field of mental health.

Trustworthiness

The trustworthiness of the article can be attributed to several factors. Firstly, the author's status as a mental health student with a passion for the subject matter adds credibility to their insights.

Secondly, the article was published on the platform 7cups, which is a leading mental health platform known for its credible and reputable content. The presence of the article on the platform further adds to the trustworthiness of the content.

Overall, this article offers valuable guidance and insights for individuals dating when their parents disapprove. It is concise, empathetic, and hopeful, while also providing readers with a comprehensive understanding of the topic.

Countrygirl095 March 3rd

Dating When Parents Don't Approve

Article Summary

The article titled "Dating When Parents Don't Approve" explores the challenges faced by individuals when their parents disapprove of their romantic relationships. Written by a mental health student, this article aims to provide valuable insights and guidance to those navigating the complex dynamics of parental disapproval and dating.

3 Strengths of the Article

1. Concise: The article concisely addresses the various aspects of dating when parents disapprove, providing readers with a concise overview of the topic.

2. Empathic: The author effectively conveys empathy towards individuals who face parental disapproval, acknowledging the emotional challenges involved.

3. Hopeful: The article concludes with a positive and hopeful tone, encouraging readers to navigate this situation with resilience and understanding.

Expertise and Authority

The author possesses expertise in mental health, with a primary focus on relationship dynamics. They have thoroughly researched the topic, drawing upon relevant studies and real-life stories to provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject.

Moreover, the article was published on 7cups, a renowned platform dedicated to mental health. The credibility of 7cups is further enhanced by the fact that it has a Wikipedia page, which further establishes its authority in the field of mental health.

Trustworthiness

The trustworthiness of the article can be attributed to several factors. Firstly, the author's status as a mental health student with a passion for the subject matter adds credibility to their insights.

Secondly, the article was published on the platform 7cups, which is a leading mental health platform known for its credible and reputable content. The presence of the article on the platform further adds to the trustworthiness of the content.

Overall, this article offers valuable guidance and insights for individuals dating when their parents disapprove. It is concise, empathetic, and hopeful, while also providing readers with a comprehensive understanding of the topic. And here's the picture link. neutral-minimalist-aesthetic-finance-basics-for-women-guide-ebook-cover-3_1709498076.jpeg

Based on the instructions and tips provided, here are some positive and constructive points about @Countrygirl0953's review:

- The review is clear and informative, and it covers all the required steps of the activity.

- The review identifies three strengths of the article in terms of best practices, such as conciseness, empathy, and hopefulness.

- The review evaluates the article for EAT factors, such as expertise, authority, and trustworthiness, and provides two comments for each factor, highlighting the author's credentials, research, and platform.

Some possible suggestions for improvement are:

- The review could use some punctuation and capitalization to improve the readability and clarity of the text. For example, the title of the article should be capitalized, and there should be a period at the end of each sentence.

- The review could use some transitions and topic sentences to create a smooth and logical flow of ideas. Transitions are words or phrases that connect one paragraph to another and show the relationship between them. Topic sentences are sentences that introduce the main idea of each paragraph and how it relates to the activity. For example, the review could start the second paragraph with "One of the strengths of the article is its conciseness, which is one of the best practices for writing effective content pieces."

- The review could use some specific examples or details to illustrate the comments on the EAT factors. For example, the review could mention the sources or the stories that the author used to support their claims, or the number of views or ratings that the article received on the platform.

I hope this feedback is helpful and constructive. I think @Countrygirl0953 has done a good job with the review and I look forward to seeing more of their work. 😊

lamimoon April 1st

@Countrygirl095

You did amazing job with reviewing this article. The graphic is very well done and portrays the message of the article. I would just suggest to try adding some difference in points, titles and rest of the text, so it's easier for the reader.

Article Reviewed: How the Fear of hurting others creates Anxiety

1. Top Strengths in Terms of Best Practices:

- Relevance: The article addresses a common concern that many people have, making it highly relevant and relatable.

- Clarity: The article is well-structured and presents information in a clear, easy-to-understand manner.

- Use of Evidence: The article uses evidence-based information to support its points, enhancing its credibility.

2. Review for EAT (Expertise, Authority, Trustworthiness):

- Expertise:-

The article demonstrates expertise by providing in-depth information about the topic. 

- However, it could further enhance its expertise by citing more scientific studies or expert opinions.  

- Authority: 

- The article is published on 7 Cups, a platform known for mental health support, which gives it authority.

- To boost its authority, the article could mention the qualifications or experiences of the author or contributors. 

- Trustworthiness:

- The article is trustworthy as it provides accurate and helpful information for those struggling with the fear of hurting others.

- To increase its trustworthiness, the article could include more real-life examples or case studies.

3. Creating a Graphic to Promote the Selected Content:

- I created a graphic that visually represents the concept of "Fear of Hurting Others". It is be an image of a person with a protective bubble around them, symbolizing their fear of causing harm. 

download-8_1709719518.jpeg

MarwaneB March 8th

Hi, @ThoughtsBubbleExpress

For the graphic design, I'd recommend to add a name on it, either your username or the logo of 7Cups or site information or anything that could refer to the objective of the work. 

@MarwaneB Thank you so much for your feedback, I realised that too but only after uploading 😅 I appreciate your keen attention to details 😊

MarwaneB March 11th

@ThoughtsBubbleExpress Haha thank you! :) Good luck with the rest!

@MarwaneB Goodluck to you as well 😊

MarwaneB March 8th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The Content Article: Busting the 9 Biggest Myths and Misconceptions About ADHD

3 top stengths of the article in terms of Best Practices:

- including expert quotes and isights

- combining personal experiences with expert insight

- is thorough

The artictle is written with Expertise, Authority, and Trust:

Expertise:

- The content was comprehensive yet digestible.

- The content was supplementary.

Authority:

- The author is verified, certified and an alumni listener of 7Cups

- Brand authority: The article was submitted by 7 Cups Community, Global Support.

Trust: 

- The author's biography was included.

- The article was submitted by 7 Cups Community, Global Support.

The Graphic Design for the article:

everybody-is-a-genius_1709922936.png

walkalot March 10th

@MarwaneB

Great graphic, Marwane

MarwaneB March 11th

Thanks, @walkalot :)

sky2Ocean20 March 20th

@MarwaneB

amazing review and the placement of the quote with the graphic is perfectly minimalistic. 

sweetnutella Saturday
@MarwaneB this is such a great overview of the article you have chosen. It's straightforward and did a good job of highlighting each aspect of the best practices and EAT method. Not to mention the graphic you created for this activity is super cute, too. Well done!
sky2Ocean20 March 20th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Activity

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

Article: What Society Doesn't Call "Addiction" When it Really Is (Understanding the hidden addictions we all may be facing) 

Article link: click here

2. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.

- concise

- Giving readers empathy and hope

-included self-help guide, link to support communities & groups

3. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors 

Expertise:

- Author has lived experience 

- studied dimensions of addiction including personal reflection

Authority:

- expert on the subject matter and offer her contribution as an editorial project agent

Author is attending Christian Leaders Institute to become an addiction recovery coach

Trustworthiness:

- Backed up information with valid citation

- Provided call to action

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback.

cdm_1710924992.png

MarwaneB March 20th

@sky2Ocean20

This graphic needs to be shared on social media!!

sky2Ocean20 March 20th

@MarwaneB

so-sweet-aww.gif

MarwaneB March 20th

@sky2Ocean20 haha that's the truth! :)

brightDayFairy March 24th

@sky2Ocean20 love the graphic! 

brightDayFairy March 24th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Activity

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

Stress to Calm in 4 Powerful Steps Link

1. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.

concise, Gives the reader empathy and hope, is thorough, don’t gloss over specifics

1. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

E: it was informative
A: causes were explained clear and actionable steps were presented
T: the writer has a bachelors in psychology and is a listener since 2011

1. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

stress-to-calm-in-4-powerful-steps_1711284321.png

InsightfulPhoenix March 25th

@brightDayFairy

You did just a wonderful jump with your custom artwork it not only displays your message but it is simple but elegant altogether, thanks for taking the time to create it.

Now for some other pointers, I would've added a little more colorful lotus flower to engage the audience and create the attention that is being aimed for. I would have also changed each font to make it more creative for the audience as well. 

Other than that great mindset on your article finds for E.A.T is also good 

InsightfulPhoenix March 25th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The article that I chose was " What are the Different Types of PTSD"

The article's strengths were Straightforward, Educational, and Wise

By utilizing E.A.T 

Expertise: The information was bountiful and had different examples of PTSD types 

Authoritative: The article writer was very intuitive about their research and kept the flow rather fluid, it was easy to flow.

Trust: The article writer gained the trust by not only providing examples but also what the causes lead to and how it would make the person feel. Which made me feel more validated as someone who does have PTSD from trauma-based experiences.

Here is my graphic: 

i-feel-that-when-you-are-taking-a-moment-of-reflection-and-noticing-that-you-don-t-feel-aligned-to-those-you-love-it-stems-from-deep-rooted-trauma-from-the-past-this-is-not-your-fault-nor-is-it-4_1711391737.png

Bunnylovesyou March 28th

@InsightfulPhoenix

this is ptsd in a nutshell. The graphic i mean. It's perfect. i loved your answers as always ❤️

Bunnylovesyou March 28th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

My article: what are three types of insomnia (seeing its late here it seemed appropriate)

top 3 strengths of the article

this article gave great insight to someone new to the insomnia world! 

I thought it was very well and scientifically written 

it was very objective, while providing a bit of personal insight
EAT

expertise : this article was well researched 

authority: it was written with confidence, and without any sort of hesitation

trust: the author allows us to relate to them, while building a trustful and non-judgemental view

i will say on a side note, as someone with chronic insomnia, none of these have worked for me. Ive tried everything under the face of the sun, including meds. The only thing that kind of helps is a weighted blanket. Id maybe add some more, or address this, because many people with chronic insomnia do not fimd relief with these tricks ❤️image_1711600834.png

walkalot March 28th

@Bunnylovesyou

Great graphic

InsightfulPhoenix March 28th

The positive thoughts:

You did an amazing job describing what goes on with you, allowing the audience a chance to really gain trust within your words. You held great amount of knowledge and compassion for this subject💞.

My suggestion:

I noticed that you struggled a little with explaining the Expertise of the exercise article, which is more than okay. It takes time to utilize e.a.t. Please also proof read your edits before sending them you have "cpm" instead of ".com". Proof reading is essential when it comes to engaging and maintaining an audience.

Other than what was noticed, i hope you have a wonderful day💞🌺

Bunnylovesyou March 28th

@InsightfulPhoenix

for some reason my brain just cannot grasp EAT no matter how hard i try. also i did the cpm on purpose, because canva kept trying to hyperlink 7cups for absolutely no reason. it was making my graphic hard to screenshot, so i usually use cpm in my posted on cups versions as opposed to the final version. but that's really observant 🥹 i probably wouldn't have noticed that on someone else's, i will totally fix it tonight if canva decides to co-operate 

InsightfulPhoenix March 28th

@Bunnylovesyou

When it comes to "E" take a moment to place yourself as the audience member, what are you seeing, what type of strengths does the person have, and where are they the strongest? When it comes to "A" once more take a step back and place yourself as the audience member, does the article/answer provide authority behind the words, does it carry a good flow without interruption and last for "T", were you able to trust the information given to you from that said person from an audience member standpoint🤗

You are welcome and I hope this brief explanation of how to utilize e.a.t helps

Bunnylovesyou March 31st

@InsightfulPhoenix

I think so, it is just not clicking. Like i understand it, i just cant apply it very well 

lamimoon April 1st

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

3. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

1. https://www.7cups.com/experts/article/5-strategies-to-navigate-and-conquer-holiday-stress

2. empathetic, concise and accessible writing

3. EXPERTISE:

- Simple with good formatting

- Supplementary (back-linking)

AUTHORITY:

- 7 Cups has a brand authority

- Could add sources of information

TRUST:

- 7 Cups has validity as a brand

- Author is Licensed Mental Health Counselor with over 15 years of experience in the mental health field

4. https://www.canva.com/design/DAGBGOD7kMI/c0EsWD6PSjfsO7P3wNiPJA/edit?utm_content=DAGBGOD7kMI&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

holiday-stress_1711986729.png

@lamimoon

I really like how you summarize the article in a simple, straightforward, and succinct way.

Lastly, the graphic is minimalist, catchy, and very well out.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Content Article: 4 Kinds of Schizophrenia Delusions.

Strengths:

The article was very detailed and insightful.

It provided relevant information and helpful tips.

It is written in an easy to understand language, with a proper structure and straight to the point.

EAT:

Expertise: The article’s author is a psychologist student, and an active listener on 7 Cups since 2017. That makes them knowledgeable and well informed on the topic.

Authority: They provide several external links as complimentary references.

Trustworthiness: The author’s biography, shown at the bottom of the article, brings trust to the readers.

Graphic:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAGCRrL7_P4/U3gA7aD8O_YAFt4CfKQSMg/view?utm_content=DAGCRrL7_P4&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=editor

@TogetherForeverAlways

You recognized the points and aspects pretty great. Thanks for being here! 

unassumingEyes June 20th

@TogetherForeverAlways Good job! It seems that you have only written one point for Authoritativeness and one point for Trust, instead of two each, though. Good graphic! 

@SoulfullyAButterfly

PTSD- Do I have it?

It creates a sense of empathy and hope, combines personal experience and keep it informative.

expertise: good information, nice ways to cope with it as well as validating the emotions.

authority: use of known health care professionals as well as quotes. 

trust: appropriate usage of links and biography. 

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

https://imgur.com/a/9xXpGgC

walkalot May 10th

@daydreammemories

Well done, DayDream. I like your graphic. very evocative.

daydreammemories May 10th

@walkalot

Thank you 😃