Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

13) Reviewing and Promoting Current Articles

SoulfullyAButterfly February 26th, 2021

Through this activity, we will review current content and get to promote content too.

Activity

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

2. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.

3. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

5. Offer feedback to one student for their submissions to the above steps.

Please ensure that your submissions to each of the steps of this activity are all contained in one forum post/reply.

-

This post is brought to you by the Content Development and Marketing Program, find out more information about the program here

walkalot June 13th, 2023

@DonaldDraper

Hi Donald Draper. I love this graphic. It's really thought provoking and encouraging.

11820Read March 6th, 2021

Article: Living With Borderline Personality Disorder: My Story | 7 Cups

Top 3 strengths: This article is accessible and conversational, as well as having the potential to give readers a hope. Moreover, it provides links to several web pages so that readers can check these out to read more information.

Commentary on EAT: While the article lacks research-based evidence, it is understandable because this is a personal experience of the writer's and thus the focus is on the feelings of the author instead of what experts say about the issue mentioned (the subtopic). In addition, to encounter this, supplementary articles are linked to and the structure is comprehensive and digestable even for general readers. However, the article's authority and trustworthiness can still be boosted by providing links to several authoritative trustworthy organisations/journals/etc instead of just one organisation, which is the case. A short biography of the author is attached; even though it does not reveal their real-life name or picture, it is understandable as not everyone is comfortable with sharing their information, particularly since their article deals with their personal experience in overcoming a mental health issue.

A graphic for this article:

lyricalAngel70 March 14th, 2021

@11820Read

I love your way of writing the commentary on EAT. Also, the graphic design for your chosen article is just amazing. I wish you all the best. heart

SynSavory March 7th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The topic picked was Relationships. I looked at the article "How the Fear of Hurting Others Creates Anxiety". The URL is here: https://www.7cups.com/experts/fear-of-hurting-others

It had expert quotes and insights; it also gave empathy and hope, and it combined personal experiences with expert insight.

Expertise: it was comprehensive and digestible; the expert content was supplementary.

Authority: there was brand authority since the author has written many other articles and books on this topic, and the information cited took you back to the 7Cups website/allied resources.

Trustworthiness: the author's biography suggests that they have a Ph.D. (so this person is an academic doctor and researcher), I trust the validity of the material because there is a lot of empathy in allowing us to relate to the person in the story and gently guides us to the final takeaways.

Here is the URL to the graphic (I hope it works fine): https://www.canva.com/design/DAEYH11ZfTw/gfWKOAIV8crUCWXwCuOOJQ/view?utm_content=DAEYH11ZfTw&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

Feedback will be offered shortly.

BlueTurtle5 June 21st, 2021

@SynSavory

Good job hitting on the key points in reviewing article for EAT. I like how you made key terms stand out with alternating colors in your graphic.

SynSavory July 3rd, 2021

@BlueTurtle5
Thank you!

FinleyTews March 8th, 2021

1. Article: What is EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy?

2. 3 Best Practices Strengths:

- Empathetic, kind, informative;

- Personal story combined with professional insight;

- Concise, gives readers an overview of EMDR.

3. EAT:

- Expertise: the author backlinks to plenty of 7 Cups webpages and provides basic information that readers may need with a good essay structure: personal traumatic experience, overview on trauma, introduction of EMDR as a method to deal with trauma, then its concept and benefits.

- Authority: the author added footnotes from the DSM-V and EDMRIA, an EDMR-focused organization. It would be better if she had cited more external sources and specific passages connected to her footnotes.

- Trust: Her biography adds credibility to the article. She also shared her professional experience as an expert on this therapy method in the article.

4. Graphic: Here. Could somebody teach me how to insert photos in the post? I clicked on the Add photos button and pasted the URL but it kept showing as blank.

5. Feedback for another student: Done for DonaldDraper

11820Read March 8th, 2021

@FinleyTews

Hello! For your question (no 4), what always happens to me is that after I paste the URL, the preview box is still empty - but I ignore it and click "OK" right away, and my picture pops up in the actual post (even though it doesn't in the preview). Hope this helps.

FinleyTews March 8th, 2021

@11820Read Thank you for replying, unfortunately the problem remains :(

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 8th, 2021

@FinleyTews Hi, you can try copying the image URL or downloading and uploading the graphic to Imgur at first - hope any of these work.

KristinHelps March 10th, 2021

@FinleyTews This article is great, I'm glad to have read it and to understand the strengths you chose. I also agree with you E.A.T. comments! Your graphic design is very eye appealing and overall has a great quote!

FinleyTews March 10th, 2021

@KristinHelps Thank you very much! I didn't feel great about my graphic, glad you like it!

Kpopcat2020 April 22nd, 2022

@FinleyTews

I like it! You outlined the article very well, and you listed everything in a good order.

-Kpopcat2020

KristinHelps March 10th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1. Article I chose: Can Your Self-Esteem Be Changed?

2. 3 Strengths in the article: Empathetic tone, informative and concise, and mentions statements cited with sources.

3. Expertise - The article is well researched and provides a structured format. It is clearly understood and answers the question in the title.

Authority - The content written in the article is cited correctly and uses different resources, including Wikipedia. Content is shared across the platform.

Trust - Author has their own page and has a short and sweet biography below the article. This article shows user support as well.

4. Self-Esteem Graphic Design

March 12th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I chose https://www.7cups.com/experts/when-to-take-anxiety-seriously

3 top strengths of the article: One can directly relate to it, it offers suggestions, and it provides links of the sources.

Comments:

Expertise, It gives practical insights about the topic and states the facts.

Authority: The language is eloquent and to the point.

Trustworthiness: It gives links to the sources and the subheadings are also very clear.

lyricalAngel70 March 14th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

How to break out of bad relationship patterns?

Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.

3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices are as follows-
1. Empathetic & hopeful
2. The writer has successfully combined personal experiences with their insight
3. Conversational & concise.

Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority, and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

Expertise: The content has simple & good formatting. No chaos, comprehensive language. Authority: Authoritative content is cited. It includes external back-linking. Trust: The author is a licensed psychotherapist with MSc in Clinical Psychology from a prestigious University which adds to her written content credibility. Besides, she is knowledgeable & has 15 years of Clinical experience which further validates her article.

Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

https://www.canva.com/design/DAEYxj8nXl4/imyJ3hQTFJMUgUnfOFjy4g/edit

Offer feedback to one student for their submissions to the above steps.

Done.

ouiCherie July 19th, 2021

Hey @lyricalAngel70 😊 I'm almost done with this yay! hehe... how's it going with you?

Love both the article review and the graphic. Well done Doc! 😁

lyricalAngel70 July 31st, 2021

@ouiCherie
Wow, that's brilliant, champ! ☺
It is going well for me. I am working on submitting my social media proposal content today. Hopefully, I will be done by tonight. Thank you so much for asking. ❤
How is it going for ya by far?

ouiCherie August 2nd, 2021

@lyricalAngel70 still on writing process 😂

lyricalAngel70 August 2nd, 2021

@ouiCherie
Wishing you the best. ❤

azureOwl6812 March 22nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1.The article provides the reader empathy and hope.
2.It's thorough, not just glossing over the specifics
3.Concise

Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

Expertise:1.(tips to improve)Expert Material is Researched: Try putting yourself in the audience's shoes and doing keyword analysis when considering their needs. Understand that the audience has looked for such subjects using keyword analysis. Knowing the purpose of the subject being researched allows you to focus content on ideas and useful knowledge that not only meets but exceeds the user's expectations.
2.(tips to include)Where it comes to the competence aspect for website content, expertise relates to the degree to which the company or entity is well-known and has the requisite qualifications, as well as any contributing factors such as awards or other validation.

Authority:
1.(included)Authoritative Content is Cited: External pages rely upon and cite the content as their sources of information. Citations include external back-linking as well as mentions on the news or social media.
2.(tips)A Wikipedia Page Boosts Authority: A Wikipedia page for the brand, organization, or even people in a company helps boost authority.

Trust:
1.(included)In terms of content, trust can be boosted through the inclusion of an author's biography as well as external sources being cited, especially if they are other authoritative sources.
2.(tips)Trust refers to validity - a website can have validation pages such as an About Us page or other main pages. Trustworthiness is also determined through positive reviews and user support.

sunlightspirit March 23rd, 2021

@azureOwl6812

Great job of providing insight and tips for the article. Very nice graphic too! Well Done!

azureOwl6812 March 23rd, 2021

@sunlightspirit

thank you! :)

sophiasanae July 31st, 2021

@azureOwl6812

Hey there! I love the detail you went into in your response, and I think you did a great job with the graphic. It's definitely something that stands out, and is clear!

optimisticMoment4139 December 23rd, 2021

i like your review you mentionned all the points good work

sunlightspirit March 23rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

The Only Way to Heal It Is To Feel It (article)

Top 3 Strength in Terms of Best Practices:

1. gives the reader empathy and hope

2. combines personal experiences

3. draws the reader to think of ow situation

Expertise:

1. The formatting and structure could be different (larger font)

2. the HOW to "feel it" would help bring home the article

Authority:

1. there is no source for the information obtained

2. lacks external backlinking

Trustworthiness:

1. the authors biography says nothing to what they have experienced or know

2. having additional supportive validation page would be helpful

Graphic to promote selected content:

Epz1UFQ.jpg

CaringBrit March 24th, 2021

Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

10 Best Self-Care Inspirational Quotes

Top strengths

1.its empathetic kind and very informative.

2. Its concise on point.

3, it offers empathy and hope to a reader

Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).

Expertise : its simple and easy to read/understand based on its formatting , content seems to have been research based via keywords from just looking at each quote

Authority: underneath each quote the original author who stated it is there , Authoritative documents are widely shared

Trust: trust is referred to as validity , includes the users biography

Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

g3F4L9dXq2Gbn6mhRVATZFlVuXC6bg2BAex0LvF2ZrRDuS2rfmxgMUxXZz4q6gZOQ3R-kzb3VgNMvylDae8F9DvfsL6WjGGbeEfKEnQkXTaA9dvkV9sgzFhTpwreehuhmRQEnWh4

Offer feedback to one student for their submissions to the above steps.

@sunlightspirit love the graphic really brings your chosen article you reviewed into the front as importance great job , clearly well written too loved the formatting you took to approach the task

optimisticDay8079 March 29th, 2021

Article: Ways you can support your LGBTQ+ Loved ones

Top 3 strengths: concise, conversational and accesible and empathetic

expertise: super informative, the author seems to be an expert in the topic of LGBT

authority: very well done research and links are provided

trustworthiness: published on 7cups and great author profile at the end

graphic: https://www.canva.com/design/DAEaK2EKalw/r3r-ZOVojoytAAlxTm4F7g/edit?layoutQuery=coming+out+lgbt

Clarisse29 April 5th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

https://www.canva.com/design/DAEaxkIE1ok/mlDga79210_vDtp7cEqPaQ/view?utm_campaign=designshare&utm_source=sharebutton

the above is the link to my infographic.

article reviewed: what causes depression? a psychologist answers.

Ups of the depression article:

Mentions hyperlinks

Mentions credible sources

Was concise

Was empathetic

Offers hope and solutions

Expertise: there were mentions of the author being a psychotherapist which adds to the expertise level.

There were appropriate research links of certified university researchers.

Authority:

The content in my opinion lacks some authority as it has not listed enough widely shared opinions backing the view of the author

No wikipedia page mentions

Trust:

Author has mentioned being a certified professional which adds to the trust.

Valid link to the university research added.

FrenchToast April 19th, 2021

@Clarisse29 I like your conciseness of the article. Thanks for sharing!

FrenchToast April 19th, 2021

Article chosen: How to let go of the need for approval

- Best practices:

1) I like how they are concise and offer tips on letting go.

2) Bifurcating it into parts that are hopeful is helpful because it shows that there's hope and it's okay to feel that way. It starts with addressing the issue and then also focuses on how to implement it. So it helps to focus on the 'why.'

3) It includes other articles that users might want to read up on which is very resourceful.

- EAT factors:

Expertise: It's comprehensive yet digestible. They could also try to incorporate more outsourced material where a study can be used to emphasize more.

Authority: They offer more support and after writing a good article, it will provoke people to get that support. And content is cited so it will help readers explore more.

Trust: As mentioned earlier, they offer support at the end and link join an empathetic community.

- Graphic:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAEcJYhFvi8/hSL3dv61SSYdnDDMF5Ey6w/view?utm_content=DAEcJYhFvi8&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton

IceCream4IceCream April 25th, 2021

@anotherfrenchtoastclub

Article chosen: How to let go of the need for approval

A very relevant topic right now.

- Best practices:

1) I like how they are concise and offer tips on letting go.

Tips are a great way to attrack a reader to an article

2) Bifurcating it into parts that are hopeful is helpful because it shows that there's hope and it's okay to feel that way. It starts with addressing the issue and then also focuses on how to implement it. So it helps to focus on the 'why.'

This makes the article flow better.

3) It includes other articles that users might want to read up on which is very resourceful.

- EAT factors:

Expertise: It's comprehensive yet digestible. They could also try to incorporate more outsourced material where a study can be used to emphasize more.
Good point! Always better to cite a peer reviewed article to support claims.

Authority: They offer more support and after writing a good article, it will provoke people to get that support. And content is cited so it will help readers explore more.
Call to Action is important! You want the article to actually have an effect.

Trust: As mentioned earlier, they offer support at the end and link join an empathetic community.
This connects the reader to other resources on 7 Cups which can enhance brand image!

- Graphic:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAEcJYhFvi8/hSL3dv61SSYdnDDMF5Ey6w/view?utm_content=DAEcJYhFvi8&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=sharebutton

I love this! Well done. Easy to read, good use of blank space, minimal, good font choice!

MizuKagami May 8th, 2021

@anotherfrenchtoastclub

I appreciate that you took the time not only to comment on the current state of the article you've chosen, but on how it could further be improved. For me that was the hardest part of the whole exercise.

Happy900 May 20th, 2021

@anotherfrenchtoastclub Nicely written.

Maybe nextime, make the font size a little bigger.

But all and all, you did fine.

IceCream4IceCream April 25th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1. Pick one Content Article from the Expert Section - It is recommended to pick one that matches your choice of a focus area/topic.

https://www.7cups.com/experts/sleep-problems-time-to-unplug

2. Mention 3 top strengths of the article in terms of Best Practices.
a. Be "conversational and accessible in your writing"
b. It was not "overly formal"
c. The article was "empathetic, kind, helpful, informative (it fulfills the reader who found it), and empowering. There was no use of " 'mental illness', 'disease' or any 'other mental health stigma language'. "This helps" to "ensure that your tone is supportive."

3. Review the Article for EAT (expertise, authority and trustworthiness) and list at least 2 comments for each of the three factors (can be things followed or tips to boost EAT).
a. Expertise
i. The author "has the suitable credentials and any expertise supporting factors such as awards or external recognition." This includes an LMFT and PsyD. https://www.7cups.com/experts/@lori-whatley
ii. This "Expert Content is Comprehensive yet Digestible" It is "simple... has good formatting", avoids "confusing structures or things that are too difficult to understand..."
b. Authority
i. The author and 7 Cups have some brand authority. Both have a unique website, and linkedin page with positive ratings.
ii. 7 Cups also has a wikipedia page.
c. Trust
i. Both the author and 7 cups website have an about us page.
ii. The inclusion of an author biography boosts trust.

4. Create a graphic to promote your selected content - remember to consider our previously discussed tips as well as peer feedback. Consider using your pseudonym or username if comfortable on the graphic in case of allowing social media usage.

https://ibb.co/ZmtxLC8

Caption: Photo by Vladislav Muslakov on Unsplash

5. Offer feedback to one student for their submissions to the above steps.

Offered feedback to anotherfrenchtoastclub

IceCream4IceCream May 6th, 2021

@Raiyan03

Hey thanks so much for the feedback.

Honestly, was having trouble figuring out placement of text because of the picture (like it's in a weird position). So next time, I'll try with a different picture because that's what I usually would do (what you suggested).

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 5th, 2021

@Raiyan03 Thank you, I will try to figure out why the copies are the same

MizuKagami May 8th, 2021

Here is the link to the article I’ve chosen: when-to-take-anxiety-seriously. The 3 top strengths of this particular article are as follows:

- It is quite short and concise, which is great for the average anxious person who has trouble focusing because they’re nervous

- It gives examples of excess amounts of anxiety and its effects without stigmatizing the people who might experience the symptoms

- It gives a couple of choices to deal with anxiety in a healthy and safe manner and offers links for further reading

Expertise:

Content is simple to understand, and concepts that might be more difficult are explained in easy terms

Authority:

There are other articles cited which gives the article credibility

Trust:

It has a short biography of the author with a photo, which makes it seem more human.

Here's the link to my design: https://www.canva.com/design/DAEd44lIx7I/Y32JHwxE4anhvWh8-4O88Q/view?utm_content=DAEd44lIx7I&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=homepage_design_menu

VerseArt May 14th, 2021

Hello @MizuKagami

All the points you have mentioned are in a concise manner. All the strengths you mentioned make me want to read the article. The graphic you have created works very well. I like that you used the black-and-white theme, it makes it more real and relatable.

Happy900 May 20th, 2021

@MizuKagami Amazing Job