Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Building Self-esteem!

Hope January 4th

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. We recently wrapped up a series on ‘learning about cognitive distortions’. It was great to embark on this learning journey with you all and I am very proud of everyone who consistently participated and worked on their personal growth. 

It is time for another series. I will be doing a series on ‘Building Self-esteem’. The topic also comes recommended by @Sunisshiningandsoareyou. While self-esteem is important across age groups, it is essential to work on your self-esteem when you are young to have a strong foundation for years to come. The series will unfold with the teen age as a focus but will be available to adults as they can still benefit from it. The structure of the series will involve talking about ways to build self-esteem paired with activities that help you practice the same. So by the end of the series, you will have learned a few activities/exercises that you can keep doing which can help you improve your self-esteem. 

This time around we are adding a badge to the mix! You can earn the badge if you follow these steps:

• Respond to all posts of the series
  • Complete all exercises relevant to the series. You will need to keep track of all the exercises you did on a Google Doc/word document so you can later submit it in a form to avail of the badge. 

You can interact with the posts you like, do the exercises you want to do, and leave the ones you are not interested in. That is an option! The above instructions are for those who want to earn the badge as the badge is only available to people who participate in the whole series including all the actionable exercises. Working on yourself is hard, you deserve a badge! 

The series will have 8 posts, with 1 post being made weekly. The badge is available to everyone who follows the instructions before March comes to an end. This is a seasonal initiative and therefore the badge may not be available after. 

We have a tag list! You can follow the series by submitting this form. 

Important Note: If you are someone who is already working on/or has worked on building self-esteem then sharing your first-hand experience can be valuable. I am looking for such people to contribute to a post of the series where they share their own experiences.  If that interests you, please message me to get involved! 

Hope OP January 4th

Tagging everyone who signed up for the cognitive distortions tag-list in case you are interested in this series. You will not be tagged again unless you submit the tag-list form for this series. 

@mytwistedsoul  @kylersartpace @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @Sensitivemom83  @TaylorTheFrog @smolLITTLEpotato @ty47  @exuberantBlackberry9105 @yourstrulykayee @PatienceImpatiens @kenzolena @dstaraster @SafeSpace1986 @DarkerPlaces @AnnaSilverberg @AvyIsKing @Amy @SummerNightsxx @mish3l @tidyHickory3283 @longlostlety @spicyavocado3788 @chazfmg @Catnip777 @Clarisse29 @Debbiluv @Trosclair03 @SimonNocedaStevenson @Yellowcircle1647 @Sasher @Hopeandforgiveness  @BeCreative1967 @HachiBee @Trosclair03  @lyricalAngel70 @janepauley @fawkescare12 @Emmathegreat768 @KateDoskocilova @ljoe @cyanVase4070 @ExhuberantTalker9747 @Oscarh1101 @MentallySassy @HamiltrashRose085 @Keith22534 @ItsReganingRain @communicativePond1728 @consideratewalker6214 @dieReisende

Yasmin234 January 4th

@Hope sounds good! Please add me the tag list. Thanks

YourCaringConfidant January 4th

@Hope This is awesome! I definitely want to participate in this. Please add me to the tag list for this series. Thanks! 

@Hope

Woohhoooo sooo excited for this! Thank youuuu for being ever so open and receptive to thoughts and suggestions, Hope. You da best!❤

image_1704365735.png

LoveMyMoonflowers January 4th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

awwe that smile 🥺 that’s so wholesome 💜 and adorable. and yeah dw my hearing is very much intact even after your lovely song xD thank youuu, sweet sunnie bean.💜

@LoveMyMoonflowers

Heheh I know rightttt, lovelyNiibuddybeannn, that's also my face when I see youu in the forumland, thankieeees for being so youuu and yay for your hearing remaining intact lollsieees.🙈😭🤗💛

LoveMyMoonflowers January 4th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

thank *you* for being *you* 🥺😭 see 😭 your being extra sweet again 🤧 like vvvvv sweet. 💙 *hugs you tight* 

@LoveMyMoonflowers *hugs back tightttt*🤗💖

LoveMyMoonflowers January 8th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

love ya loads.💜

laverne-and.gif

@LoveMyMoonflowers

Aww I love youu moree, sweet Niibuddy!🥺💖

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

🥺😭 nuuuu, not possible, me loves you moooorrrreeee 💙 

@LoveMyMoonflowers

Aww smh haha *cries happy tears* 🤧 I will let you "win" this one then, because being loved by you was privilege enough for me, and now being loved more? :0 it's an absolute blessing and the bestest win ever hehe. So a win-win situation for both of us. Thank you for being exactly youuuu, Niibuddy. 🥰💖

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Making me have free salon sesh’s 🥺😭 smh sunnbuddybeeaannn. 💙 why you so freaking sweet. 🥺💕 *hugs you tighttttt* 🥺🥺🥺💕💕💕

@LoveMyMoonflowers

Aw lol imma join you in the salon sesh 🥺💖 alsooo I can legit ask the same to you but does one even question why the sun rises from the East and sets in the West? Nope, right? :0 Because, It's a universal fact, we've all accepted.👀

Similarly, it *is* a "fact" that Niibuddy is an absolute wonder of a hooman and the sweetest blessing to anyone privileged enough to have them in their life and we just accepting and loving this fact hehe!🥰 *keeps hugging tighhttt* 

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

My. Heart. Has. Officially. Melted. Entirely.😭😭😭 whyyyyy…. 💙 :')

tbh, it’s a fact of life that my sweet sun-buddyyy never ever ends their showers of kindness and love 💜 your an absolutely precious hooman deserving of every bit of love and care you receive. 💙 sometimes your sweetness and kindness just… ah. 😭 the free salon sesh’s comin inn and cominn innn vvvv quick 🤧

also that is a good question. why does the sun rise from the east and sets in the west? 🧐 hmmm. 💜 

PatienceImpatiens January 4th

@Hope

Yay! Looking forward!

theboymoana January 4th

@Hope

i want do this what does relevant mean how do google doc ?

HealingTalk January 5th

@theboymoana

Hi, Moana!

By "relevant" she means all the exercises she will propose in her posts in this series of posts.

Google Docs is an online software for writing.

Word is the same but stays in your computer or phone.

Link to Google Docs: docs.google.com

Any software where you can copy and save your answers to Hope's questions is ok.

She will ask at the end that you give her all the answers you made.

That will be more easy if you copy in some place every time you post your answers.

pandanfe January 4th

@Hope For me personally, self-esteem is one of the top priority of my life. Thank you for starting this series to help each one of us 😊

Heather225 January 4th

@Hope

This is a challenge so many of us have experienced at some point in our lives, and it's critical to tackle it when you're young. Teenies, if you're going to spend time on anything in the new year, make this workshop one of them. I promise it will be enlightening and you'll complete it with a whole toolkit of exercises to boost and maintain your confidence in yourself and these lessons you'll carry with you into your future endeavors. Thanks Hope and @Sunisshiningandsoareyou for identifying this need!

@Heather225

yess-yes.gif

KatePersephone January 4th

@Hope so excited for this one, Hope!

Kristynsmama January 5th

@Hope

i love all the opportunities for personal growth here at 7 cups.  I have recently been working on my self esteem over the past year.  This will be a nice addition to the work I’ve already done.  Looking forward to participating in this.

Zeraphim January 5th

@Hope

Well, I suppose we better respond to this post in the series too, then 😄

Hope OP January 5th

@Zeraphim

Haha this one is the exception!

turqoiseOrange7980 January 6th

Excited and wanna be a part of thid

Clarisse29 January 8th

@Hope

so excited for this! thank you for posting hope!

WeEarth February 8th

@Hope

Thank you for sharing! I am interested in participating 😊

Ubebe February 18th

How come I only learned of this now. Will the time be enough to complete it? 

YourCaringConfidant February 18th

@Ubebe If you are doing this to earn the badge, there is still time. Up above, @Hope mentions that all the parts need to be completed by the end of March. Here's the masterlist of everything that we have learned and done thus far--> https://www.7cups.com/forum/community/CommunitySpace_2590/BuildingSelfesteemSeriesOngoingActive_321259/

Best of luck to you! :) 

Ubebe February 18th

@YourCaringConfidant 

I'm interested in building my self-esteem, I was finding good materials about it weeks ago but only stumbled upon this now. It does look like I still have the time and am actually started working on the exercises at the moment haha. It would be nice to have a badge as a reminded of my effort. Thank you for sending the link.🌸💜

YourCaringConfidant February 18th

@Ubebe Glad to hear that. I agree. Badges are nice incentives. Don't forget to fill the form above to be added to the tag list so you don't miss any of the series moving forward. :) 

Ubebe February 18th

@YourCaringConfidant

yes I already filled the form😊