Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #1: What worries tend to dominate your thoughts?

ASilentObserver April 13th, 2023

Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a bit easier week. How are you all feeling?

I am starting the Prompt Series with the goal can share our thoughts and supporting each other by responding to the comments and thoughts in this thread.

Today's prompt is: What worries tend to dominate your thoughts? How do you try to cope with feeling anxious?

I know how worries can be worrisome and draining for one's well-being. But please know you are not alone and you have all of us here to listen to and support. Take a moment to share your thoughts and discuss with or support others as well.

Also, you can join the Anxiety Group Support Chat every Monday and Tuesday.

are-you-ok-heart.gif

ASilentObserver OP May 21st, 2023

@BorahaeAndHappiness I hear the worries about health concerns and finances are weighing heavily on you during this difficult time. Finding ways to manage anxiety can be helpful when faced with circumstances beyond our control. What aspects of focusing your energy on what you can do, instead of what you can't, do you find most helpful during times of stress or uncertainty?

SunShineAlwaysGrateful May 18th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

i am a retired momma who cares for her son and husband and I tend to worry they are all good. I have issues with mobility and I need to get stronger and stay functional … πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

ASilentObserver OP May 21st, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful I'm glad you shared, caring for others can be rewarding but also challenging at times. You mentioned wanting to get stronger and stay functional. What would help motivate you to work on your goals?

SunShineAlwaysGrateful May 21st, 2023

@ASilentObserver

i run a local weight loss group and a 50 plus social group both help a ton in helping others I help myself.

ASilentObserver OP September 4th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful It sounds like running those groups helps both others and yourself. Helping others can be very fulfilling.

AutiBoy August 31st, 2023

I worry about my health and I also worry about doing everyday things as they set off my pain. I spend a lot of time worrying about accidentally hurting people in some way.

ASilentObserver OP September 4th, 2023

@AutiBoy It sounds like you are experiencing a lot of worry and concern for your health and everyday activities. Feeling worried about accidentally hurting others also seems difficult to cope with. You are not alone in experiencing worries, and it is understandable that concerns about health and daily living can weigh heavily. What thoughts go through your mind when you worry about your health and everyday tasks?

siddharthh September 5th, 2023

Worrying about when I will be back to canada for my higher studies and particular from studying I need to workout do a job finding a job in windsor is hectic and students working in food chain industry like Tim Hortons are fully drained it's like being exploiting

I don't know whether I can handle that job and walmart job is also not easy hearing the stories of my peers makes me more anxious .

How am I going to survive when everything is so expensive...

ASilentObserver OP September 6th, 2023

@siddharthh I am sorry to hear that, siddharth. It sounds like you're feeling quite anxious about your future studies and work situation. The uncertainty and financial pressures can really weigh heavily. You've mentioned concerns about job prospects and affordability - is there anything else on your mind right now? Please know that you're not alone in facing challenges like these. I believe in your ability to make the best decisions for yourself during this time. You got this and you have all of us here too.

siddharthh September 8th, 2023

@ASilentObserver thank you