Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Aging Up Support Request - We are here for you!

Hope January 29th, 2020

Click here to visit Uptown!

Hi Teen Land! I hope you all have been doing well. A few days ago we relaunched our teen transitioning mentor role to have a group dedicated mentors that will support our teens through the period of transition. A big part of the teen transitioning mentor role will be supporting the teens through the Aging Up Support Request system.

Here is how it works!

If you are a teen who is aging up within a year or less and you need support with the transition period, you can submit this form. The form takes less than 5 mins to fill and allows us to get the information we need to be of support to you.

The form can also be used to request support on behalf of a fellow listener or member who you feel needs support. This is a way for us to work together and ensure all teens feel supported during this transition period.

One the form is submitted, you/they will be contacted within 3 days by a teen transitioning mentor. The mentor will work with you to ensure you are ready for the transition along with answering any questions you may have.

The Transitioning Mentor Request form is used for the purpose of preparing for the transition and being supported through the transition that happens when a teen account moves to the adult side on a user's 18th birthday. If you wish to receive support in matters relating to turning 18 in regards to anything outside of 7 Cups, as well as support with any personal matters, please reach out to a listener from your member account. You deserve support through the transition ahead, and there are many listeners with experience here to support you during this transition.

In order to ensure that we are focusing on those who are active and aging up soon we request you to follow the following guidelines when submitting a support request:

You are eligible to request transitioning support when you are aging up within a year or less. Of course, you can reach out to the Transitioning Mentors even before via PM to ask any questions you may have but the form is for those who are aging up soon.

If you do not respond to our mentor within 3 days your request will be closed. You can make another request when you are ready for support.

mailOpen form heremail

Image result for support

Also, all are invited to visit group support chatrooms: www.7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php and Teen Only Zone Community: www.7cups.com/home/teens

This post is brought to you by the Teen Transitioning Program. Please read about it here.

PrettyPapillon4354 April 22nd, 2021

@soulsings Great, thanks! ❤😊

FlamboyantGrapes May 24th, 2021

Can someone please PM me application to be a adult teen listener?

Chevy81 May 25th, 2021

@FlamboyantGrapes I messaged you with this link Apply to be an Adult Teen Listener Here! (Updated) all the best.

Chevy

soulsings May 27th, 2021

@FlamboyantGrapes my name is soulsings. I am a Transition Teen Mentor. Please feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Soccermaya1010 June 22nd, 2021

Is there a way to check what your birthday is set to? I turned 18 a few days ago but it is still telling me that my birthday is coming up soon. Any suggestions?

soulsings June 22nd, 2021

@Soccermaya1010 send a PM to Hope and tell them your member name and listener name if you have one, and tell them the date you aged up.

Soccermaya1010 June 23rd, 2021

@soulsings Hope who? How do I find the name to PM them?

Soccermaya1010 June 23rd, 2021

Nevermind I figured it out. Thank you!

soulsings June 22nd, 2021

@Soccermaya1010 send a PM to Hope and tell them your member name and listener name if you have one, and tell them the date you aged up.

cheerfulIceCream June 27th, 2021

I just came back after a while. And I received a notification welcoming me to the adult side. All my older messages have disappeared.):

soulsings June 28th, 2021

@cheerfulIceCream I am sorry you were away when the transition happened. That must be a shock to the system. You still can apply to be an ATL Adult Teen Listerner. PM me if you need the application and info page link and or if you have questions.

cheerfulIceCream July 2nd, 2021

Of course my teen chats disappeared after I turned 18. But I still have their usernames listed by the website. However when I click or try to see their profile it says "the content you're looking for doesn't exist" 🥺

soulsings July 2nd, 2021

@cheerfulIceCream yes I hear you. That must be frustrating to still see their names in history. Because you are in the 18+ section, the only way you can reach out to teens is by becoming an ATL Adult Teen Listener.

ConfuesdCliche August 4th, 2021

helppp my bday is in 4 days, and I put my bday in the wrong, and the community team hasn't emailed me back :D!!

soulsings August 4th, 2021

@ConfuesdCliche I am sorry you have not heard. How many days or months later is your 18th birthday than you entered in 7cups?

@soulsings

ConfuesdCliche August 13th, 2021

@soulsings

it is actually in 35 months and 26 days, for short it is in 3 years

soulsings August 13th, 2021

@ConfuesdCliche I hope they get that straightened out soon. You have time. It can take weeks sometimes if they are really busy.

ConfuesdCliche August 14th, 2021

@soulsings

tysm! but will they still be able to place me as a teen listener since my birthday has already passed?

Refl3x August 12th, 2021

Hey, I'm Refl3x, my birhtday is coming up soon and im moving to the adult site. What does that mean? Can somebody help.frown

August 13th, 2021

@Refl3x Hey there, it means you will be seeing adult listeners and members (over 18 years age) and the teen side would be unavailable unless you will apply to become an ATL (Adult Teen Listener). Let me know what your thoughts and feelings regarding this transition areRed heart

Looking for something to do in between chats? Check out this great growth path of listener resources to further your journey https://www.7cups.com/path/playlist/listener-learner/

sunshinegiraffe123 August 15th, 2021

I age up in June. I'm autistic so I'm a little unsure the adult side won't accept me as I still struggle with communicating. Is there a person ( like an atl ) who could help with this?

August 28th, 2021

@sunshinegiraffe123. I am tagging 3 people that I think might direct you in right direction. I know how hard change and transition can be for someone with a disability . I hope you get the right help. I know it's a long way To June but I think getting started now might help you in long run to have the transition go smoothly. For you.
@anotherfrenchtoastclub @tranquilbear14 @soulsings

August 28th, 2021
@WeedyGarden do we have any thing on site for someone with disabilty
IceCream4IceCream August 28th, 2021

@ColorfuldogsofParadise

Happy to help as a member of both the disability and support plus teams :)

August 28th, 2021
IceCream4IceCream August 28th, 2021

@sunshinegiraffe123

Hey! I'm here, part of the ageing up project :) Feel free to mesage me!

FrenchToast August 28th, 2021

@sunshinegiraffe123 feel free to PM me about this, sunshine! Would be happy to help

IceCream4IceCream August 29th, 2021

@anotherfrenchtoastclub

Yes awesome! please speak with frenchtoast @sunshinegiraffe123 :) They can help you with everything ageing up related, but I'm here always if you want support related to neurodiversity, and those kinds of challenges with ageing up.

sunshinegiraffe123 August 29th, 2021

@jovialButterfly6752
Alright. Thank you.

soulsings August 29th, 2021

@sunshinegiraffe123 I am glad you are concerned about your communication skills, but you have already shown a great ability to communicate here. I would welcome the opportunity to speak in PMs about things you could work on in the next 10 months to be prepared for being confident with your ability to communicate.

Part of the secret is controlling expectations so we do not put too much pressure on ourselves.

corspefuturewife November 1st, 2021

so..ill be turning 18 in 2 months...can i still be a member......

November 1st, 2021

@corspefuturewife Yes, you will be shifted to adult side of cups and will be an adult member(:

@Fristo...im just scared of transitoning ...i dont know what to expect..or if adults can help me with what i go through espically as a age regresser....

November 1st, 2021

@corspefuturewife There are many kind and compassionate listeners on adult side. Have you talked to an Adult-Teen listener as a member (For example, I am an Adult-Teen listener who is an adult listening to both adults and teens). I understand a change could feel scary.

@Fristo n-no i havnt....i have only talked to teens....

@Fristo and i am really scared..ik i shouldnt be..but i am..

November 1st, 2021

@corspefuturewife It is okay to feel scared. We can work to gradually make you feel better. Could talking to ATL (Adult-Teen Listeners) be a good start? All ATL are listed on this page. They are there with you now and will continue to be there with you even after adulting.

@Fristo y-yeah that might do me some good

pamharley003 November 1st, 2021

@corspefuturewife

As ATL, mentor I stay with those I write until they feel their okay to be on their own. I also am always there in case afterwords they may some help. It is okay to feel nervous at first but we will never leave your side. ❤️

@pamharley003 thx..this is just all so new.......idk what to do..