Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Understanding Your Gifts and Strengths from the MBTI (Discussion 2)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Please note: In order to successfully complete Course 1, you must respond to this post. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.
-
Hello Leadership Crew!

I have just gone through the introduction thread and read about all of you. If you havent yet introduced yourself, then please stop by and share a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Im encouraged by all the great people that have joined. This should be a fun and enriching program!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;
b) work that is interesting to you; and
c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths Ò things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress. Γ‚

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Γ‚

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Last, when people interact with one another, it makes the course more enriching and it allows us to learn more about one another. In addition to posting in the thread, please also be sure to respond in a helpful and positive way to at least 3 other comments in this thread.

You can also ask any questions in this thread and well respond to them as well.

Very excited to kick this off with all of you!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

IzzieBelle July 9th, 2020

@GlenM

What an awesome test! I will definitely be sharing this around hehehe... laugh

My personality type is:

Protagonist

ENFJ-T

I can become too involved in the other persons problems and may see other peoples problems in myself.

I may sometimes push others further than theyre ready or willing to go.

I am likely to have fluctuating self esteem.

My Main Personality Traits

Tolerant, reliable, altruistic, natural leader, too selfless, intelligent, warm, idealistic, charismatic, creative, social.

<3

Tyedyedbutterfly65 July 10th, 2020

@IzzieBelle You seem very awesome to me !!!heart I love the honesty and how you feel about yourself ... be you be you that is awesome to me.

TheGoodHeartedBuddy September 5th, 2021

@Tyedyedbutterfly65
Definitely have to say that I agree! Being truthful is the best way to go!

Yougotmyback July 10th, 2020

@IzzieBelle Awesome! :)

LittleBirdie30 July 10th, 2020

@IzzieBelle Hi! I am a Protagonist too!! I feel you on the fluctuating self esteem though ): So nice to meet you! heart

bookworm274 July 10th, 2020

@IzzieBelle

They sound like great strengths to have!

@bookworm274
Definitely agree! :)

glisteningEyes July 11th, 2020

@IzzieBelle

Tolerant is a lovely one! as is charasmatic :)

Hans7cups July 13th, 2020

@IzzieBelle

Exactly the same here ;)

We can use the negatives to learn more from ourselves

artemis2223 November 4th, 2022

And grow in knowing ourselves better ❀️

lovelyParadise7651 October 30th, 2020

@IzzieBelle

I'm a protagonist too! Nice to meet you😊

RideaRainbow April 6th, 2021

@IzzieBelle

agree with you 100%

what an amazing, insightful and extensive test..

i sure will also share it with all close to me.

StargirlTina June 1st, 2021

@IzzieBelle This is amazing 🧑

Ashvillium July 25th, 2021

@IzzieBelle

The test is really adorable and precise!
My personality type is:
Advocate
INFJ-T

I am a bit interovert, intuitive, emotional and emphatic person who loves helping others, gets sad often and sensitive to peoples behaviour. But still manages to handle the emotional ups and downs.

Main things I learned about myself is:
I have a unique combination of personality traits which makes me quite versatile.

My top three strengths/gifts according to the test:

Creativity, Imagination and sensitivity.

:)

Ashvillium July 25th, 2021

@Ashvillium
oops I posted it in a wrong thread hehe.. anyways I guess its will bring me upvotes XD

lyricalSea85 October 14th, 2021

@Ashvillium

Well, it has definitely grabbed my attention and upvote. Keep shining! ✨πŸ”₯

yourfriend5 September 28th, 2021

@Ashvillium

Your personality seems interesting to me

I think your sensitivity matches your need to be respected.

How do you expose your imagination into your everyday life?

@IzzieBelle
I ended up doing this quiz with all my cousins, it was fun to see if we matched!

Banjothebudgie September 21st, 2021

@IzzieBelle

Cool

TrickyRicky October 22nd, 2021

That's really interesting to know, really good description :)

HereToHelp135 October 30th, 2021

@IzzieBelle

Wow, I got the same personality type.

Zahraa000 January 29th, 2022

You sound a great

lemonicecreamcake February 15th, 2022

@IzzieBelle

Wow, we have the same personality type!!

victoriousVoice21 April 24th, 2022

@IzzieBelle I'm an ENFJ toooo

I think your will to push others reflects your need for change and growth.

How do you cope with low levels of self esteem?

Yourstruly2000 July 10th, 2020

@GlenM

My personality trait : ENFP-T

CAMPAIGNER

I tend to be give more from myself into others which turns out to be unsustainable and draining in the long term

I sometimes tend to overlook that some people might not reciprocate same way, as i give my all to others, I expect the same but it hits me hard when i fall into reality and see thats not the case

I am over sensitive about reciprocation from others, which might lead me to a downloop spiral often time.

My traits:1) good communication 2)Enthusiastic 3)observant 4) spontaneous 5)very popular 6)determined

<3

@Yourstruly2000

TheMetanoia July 10th, 2020

@Yourstruly2000 i inow how you put others before you and your sensitivity is actually something that makes you stand out from the rest. I am so glad you are here to uplift and support others when they need you the most ❀️

Yourstruly2000 July 10th, 2020

@TheMetanoia thank you so much ❀️. Means alot!! 😊

glisteningEyes July 11th, 2020

@Yourstruly2000

It's good to understand these things :)

Observant is a nice trait to have!

Yourstruly2000 July 13th, 2020

@glisteningEyes thank you so much!! <3

Listeningsarinn July 13th, 2020

@Yourstruly2000

my fellow enfp!!wink

believe me i couldn't have understood a text better...

Yourstruly2000 July 13th, 2020

@Listeningsarinn yay!! I was looking for someone who has the same personality type, you are the one πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

Listeningsarinn July 13th, 2020

@Yourstruly2000

lol yeaaah, that's it!! &-& nice to meet you ^^

@Listeningsarinn I'm an ENFP too!

Endure777 September 10th, 2020

@Yourstruly2000

Thanks for sharing! I too get too forget that not everyone reciprocates the same way that I will and it tends toget the bet of me. But it just shows that you love helping people,even when you get less or nothing in return. It is a tough feeling but a great trait to have as long as you learn to hone it!

peacefulWarrior10 September 11th, 2020

@Yourstruly2000

I can so connect to giving more than I receive and then being hurt for not having it reciprocated by the ones I give my all out to..!

I'm ENFP-T as well πŸ™Œ

Yourstruly2000 September 11th, 2020

@peacefulWarrior10 sometimes that trait is really hurtful but at the end of the day it's necessary to understand and know your limits of giving!! I am trying to realise it with time slowly 😊!! Also awesome to meet a fellow personality trait match!! 😌

shiningSound31 September 12th, 2020

@Yourstruly2000

You have talked about an important issue which is the importance of others to reciprocate the good which you do to others. It is important even for me. I wish you the best in your journey for being a leader.

Ashvillium October 3rd, 2020

@Yourstruly2000

You indeed are a great listener and a wonderful personality buddy!!