Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introducing 7Cups Welcome Pack! (Members & Listeners)

ASilentObserver February 14th, 2021

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I am glad to share the 7Cups Welcome Pack that you could share with a new member or a listener to give them a quick and easy overview of the community and what all they can access, etc. It is a small effort to make things easier.

If you are a member or listener, you can pass this resource to a new member you encounter to support them. Please bookmark and share it as and wherever you can share it with new community users. Your one small step could help them get all support they might need.

Please click the below text in blue to access and view the document!

Member Welcome Pack

Listener Welcome Pack

If you think of any other resources that can be included in either of the pack, please share with us in the comments. Thank you!

SnailPurple February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for sharing these! I can tell these will be super useful to new listeners and members alike :D Will links to these packs be added to the Mentor's Bookmarks spreadsheet?

ASilentObserver OP February 17th, 2021

@SnailPurple Sure, Snail. Could you please share the link of the sheet with me?

SnailPurple February 17th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Sure! I will pm it to you :) Thank you!

Blessedturkey18 March 23rd, 2023

Welcome

MzladyJ46 July 22nd, 2023

@SnailPurpleThank you

JayJ123 August 18th, 2023

Hi @SnailPurple

RarelyCharlie February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver Good to see these two welcome packs. Nice and short. I hope you don't fill them up with more and more information. Less is more Winking

A few comments…

In the Member pack, where it mentions Browse Listeners, maybe mention that you have to click Chat Now if you want to chat? Many members click Leave Message, but the listener is offline and the member might not get a reply for a long time (if ever). This can make members feel they've been ghosted. I often get messages from new members in the middle of the night because they don't know that Leave Message means I'm not around.

The short link to the Help Center would have been a bit easier, just: help.7cups.com

The Listener pack exposes the name of someone called Rose is the best—surely unintentional!

Charlie

Ludmia August 11th, 2021

Thank you!! Very helpful

diligentOrange9314 June 6th, 2022

@RarelyCharlie I got here as I saw this on the Carefirst website. Is this run by them? Just curious. Joanie

RarelyCharlie June 6th, 2022

@diligentOrange9314 Hi Joanie!

No, as the small print on the CareFirst website says, "7 Cups is an independent company that does not provide Blue Cross Blue Shield products or services." I don't know what's meant by the "CareFirst Behavioral Health Digital Resource". Anyone on the planet can join 7 Cups.

Charlie

diligentOrange9314 June 8th, 2022

@RarelyCharlie it was smack in the middle of the page. I’d never seen it before. This was the only one listed so someone there likes this site! All good.

silverLove451 January 6th, 2023

@RarelyCharlie Hey ☺️

generouswings February 14th, 2021

Thanks for this one. It’s really helpful

ouiCherie February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver thanks for this Obs 💜

@Listeningsarinn @bookworm274 perhaps this can be handy for our NR team?

oel February 14th, 2021

These are great!

Where will they be located on the site? How do I link to them?

jovialSunshine5049 February 15th, 2021

ty thats quite helpful!

PuzichkinCat February 15th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

This is really nice and convenient, thank you!

I’d like to bring your attention to a few moments:

The Member and Listener Welcome Packs start by greeting us with a “Hii”. Though it sounds really friendly in my head, it seems to be a typo in "Hi"?

In the Listener Welcome Pack, The Listener Primer (owned by Rose is the best) is linked to twice: in the section “Listener Primer” and in the section “Quick Overview!”. I understand it’s an important document, but I’m wondering if in the “Quick Overview!” you wanted to highlight something else? Maybe the “About 7 Cups” page? Or “Research & Impact” ? Or maybe this collection of resources ? Or something else?

Also you asked if there's anything else that might be included, should information about the daily limit for sending out requests for listeners by members be added to the packet for Members? It seems essential, I think. smiley

Thank you!

blueAngel00 December 5th, 2022

Want even aware there was a daily limit, so thank you! ❤️

🐻

blueAngel00 December 5th, 2022

Can't delete or edit my reply, maybe the ability to do both something that should be added?

In any case, in my last comment/reply, the word "want" should have read "wasn't" instead. Good ole autocorrect, it never fails [to screw something up] 😂

🐻

silverLove451 January 6th, 2023

@PuzichkinCat Thank you
starryskies108 February 15th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for sharing:)

CynthiaS07 March 1st, 2021

@ASilentObserver

It’s really helpful

pamharley003 March 6th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thank you I made a folder and incleded both links good to have in case either need it

March 19th, 2021

@ASilentObserver - stay positive and stay you

reg1993 April 16th, 2021

Hi everyone! I just joined as a listener yesterday.. I'm hoping to better my skills of helping people. Looking forward to making a difference :D

EmmaE April 25th, 2021

hi reg! ooh that’s so exciting! thank you so much for joining us and being here! i hope you enjoy your time here as a listener ❤️ you’re so appreciated!!

Happy900 August 11th, 2022

@reg1993 Welcome to the listener team.

avani04 May 17th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thankyou so much for this, this will be really helpful to all the listener's and member's out there. smiley

LadyBeListening June 25th, 2021

@ASilentObserver alot of great info thanks

ASilentObserver OP June 25th, 2021

@LadyBeListening I am glad you found it helpful Red heart

generousPALM1630 February 9th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for sharing these! Kind regards

generousBalloon786 March 12th, 2022

Thank you...this really helps to take full advantage of all the help offered here !

UniversalSmile July 26th, 2022

Welcome!

OptimisticLady8 March 16th, 2022

@ASilentObserver That’s great thank you!

sunshineParadise6606 March 24th, 2022

@ASilentObserver Thank you for this resource!

ASilentObserver OP March 24th, 2022

@sunshineParadise6606 Welcome to 7Cups, Sunshine. I hope you find it helpful. Please know we are all here with you to support you in this listening journey. Always welcome to join us in the Listener Support Room

memgyan01234 April 15th, 2022

@ASilentObserver Thank you!

7Alex April 21st, 2022

Thank you ☺️

Kaayyy April 30th, 2022

@ASilentObserver, thank you!

Tyler141322 May 1st, 2022

@ASilentObserver thank you for sharing these. These can be very helpful