Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Listeners, Please take this Survey: Ghosting (and Blocking)

Heather225 August 23rd, 2020

We have dedicated this quarter to the pursuit of quality improvement across the site, and especially where chat quality is concerned. One of the biggest challenges we face in conversations is ghosting. Ghosting, in the context of our site, occurs when a user disappears from a chat without any notice. This can happen on either side (member/listener) in PRs and GRs.

We would like to get a better idea of why this happens, and we'll be starting by conducting a survey to find out why listeners block or dont respond to members.

Listeners, please fill out this survey HERE.

Please be honest and provide us with as many details as you can, if you have ever ghosted and/or blocked a member.

We will use this data to improve our processes. Thank you!

RideaRainbow August 24th, 2020

@Heather225

Have submitted my feedback, hope its looked into and acted upon.

warmShell9191 August 24th, 2020

@Heather225 done with the survey. Hope it helps

beautifulmind2822 August 29th, 2020

@Heather225 Thanks for the opportunity for listeners to give feedback

blissart August 23rd, 2020

@Heather225

it feels encouraging that much efforts are being made at back end to improve the quality of platform.. Best wishes <3

EvelyneRose August 23rd, 2020

@blissart

Thamk you!

AffyAvo August 23rd, 2020

I hope this helps with reducing inappropriate blocking!

EvelyneRose August 23rd, 2020

@AffyAvo

me too Affy!

Suryansh August 23rd, 2020

@Heather225

Thanks Heather for this wonderful survey. I hope this would help a lot of other peoples and yes, it helped to me also a lot. heart

MistyMagic August 23rd, 2020

@Heather225 Great survey! Thank-you for creating this and I hope we get some more information on why this happens.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

usefulSummer3139 August 23rd, 2020

@Heather225

I filled it! I loved how you tried to get an in-depth analysis of this situation. It might not seem like that big of a deal to a listener but to a member, its the difference between making or breaking their day.

Thank you for the form! :)

SynSavory August 23rd, 2020

@Heather225

Thank you for investigating.

Affliction1 August 23rd, 2020

@Heather225 Love this survey! I hope it really benefits to improve ghosting and blocking unnecessarily on Listeners' parts at least.

Unveilinglight August 24th, 2020

@Heather225

Submitted my feedback. I hope it'll help.

Skyglider August 25th, 2020

@Heather225

Completed :)

softStar1237 August 26th, 2020

@Heather225

GiveYourBest August 27th, 2020

@Heather225 Submitted a brutally honest feedback :) Hope you guys have a good day :).

Rupcompassion20 August 27th, 2020

@ Heather225

Submitted. Hope it helps .

Jordan2787 August 30th, 2020

@Heather225

I have submitted my feedback! Hopefully it helps. So happy 7Cups is here to do what it does. smiley

brightSkies8321 April 26th, 2021

The amount of ghosting that happens with listeners on here is completely ridiculous. I find it mentally abusive and I hope the site is able to something to improve this. 7cups is losing credibility fast. Also when I makes posts about this topic it "magically" disappears. How will the site ever improve when posts are erased?

Asher April 27th, 2021

@brightSkies8321

Hi Bright,

Thank you for the feedback about posts being removed that talk about feedback and about the issue of ghosting. Ghosting has been an outgoing issue for some time and could be for multiple reasons. What do you suggestions do you have to help with this issue?

Asher, Academy Mentor Leader

RarelyCharlie April 27th, 2021

@Asherwolfice There's a suggestion right there in the question that @brightSkies8321 asked, but you chose not to answer.

The question was:

How will the site ever improve when posts are erased?

Or, to reword it as a suggestion:

To allow the site to improve, stop erasing posts.

I agree with you that ghosting has been an outgoing issue for some time, and also that this could be for multiple reasons. I have been extensively involved in trying to help 7 Cups resolve the various issues around ghosting, but the conversation is always shut down before any positive changes can be achieved. Stop erasing posts.

Charlie

RideaRainbow April 27th, 2021

Agree 💯... Posts/messages ought not to be erased.