Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Welcome Committee: Tips for Sending Welcome Responses & Follow-Up PMs!

Heather225 August 7th

Hi, team!

Thank you all for your diligence and thoughtfulness in welcoming our newest members! Being that it's a bit of a multi-step process, I wanted to give you some ideas and clarification for how to engage our newbies from start to finish. Here's the rundown of the process and some example text I use:

Step 1: The Welcome
The initial outreach is simple: an introduction, ask them if they have questions, and of course a warm welcome. Think of this as a conversation starter.
 Check out some templates I've gathered that you can play with and personalize. (And please suggest your own to me!)

When sending messages, please break them up into more than one so that any questions and prompts don’t get lost in the text block (And it shows them we’re not an AI/bot :P)

Step 2: The Response
If they respond, answer any queries, and be sure you give them the Welcome Pack either in your first message or this one. This document is super important to their orientation!

Here's a hypothetical for inspiration:

Member: A peer suggested this platform to help me find support for my depression.

Welcomer: I'm glad to hear it and we're happy to have you! I want to give you our Welcome Pack which should outline most things you need to navigate the platform:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CL9Yu_6zixlapOjdrhCgKLy9JN5wY3HWdrGH7PIO2WI

I will pop back in to check on you in a couple days. If you have any questions between then and now lemme know!

Step 3: The Follow-Up
Hi, again! I am just coming back to check in and see how you’re doing and that you have all the resources you need to find support. Are you settling in alright?

Step 4: Final Response
Conclude the welcome sequence by answering any last questions.

Keep in mind, that some approaches may work better than others. I encourage you to try on different methods and vary the language. The ultimate goal behind the WC project is for the member to have been supported by us and equipped with the tools they need to feel comfortable and confident to go into their journey here.

I hope these tips help! If you have tips of your own, please drop them below!

And of course any questions and doubts, reply or reach out to myself or kenzolena!

Heather225 OP August 7th

Tagging the team:

@heathermarie95 @Arie3 @kenzolena @KatePersephone

@rubyjane00 @Coffeebean26 @Jujubears @Sealiously

@KindleMissie @comfortableNight4463 @halcyonCloud2036 @innateJoy9602

@fruityPond7887 @SoulfulYash @Kindwords2000 @Jenna

@healingsoul4892 @TiffanyD33

Jenna August 7th

@Heather225

Thank you for the tips for us to be successful in our welcoming!

Heather225 OP August 8th

@Jenna

And thank you for pitching in! I can't express how helpful you've been in modeling the example for folks who may be less experienced in this kind of thing to follow. I appreciate you 🌮

fruityPond7887 August 7th

@Heather225 Thank you for this! 

Heather225 OP August 8th

@fruityPond7887

happy to help make this easy and fun!

KindleMissie August 7th

@Heather225

thank you for posting these wonderful tips! They are really helpful. 😃⭐️

Heather225 OP August 8th

@KindleMissie

I'm so glad to hear it! I want to make this as easy as possible to follow and be enjoyable!

KindleMissie August 8th

@Heather225

You have done fantastic!💗

KatePersephone August 8th

@Heather225 thank you very much H!

Heather225 OP August 8th

@KatePersephone

and thank you for your help and consistent support of our newbies 🥰 

JujuBears August 12th

This is so helpful, thank you!! :)

Heather225 OP August 14th

@JujuBears