Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Question of the week: Favorites

MissysRider07 January 16th, 2023

Hello! (Icebreakers)

Last week the questions were about pets/animals.

This week is about you favorite things.

1. What is your favorite smell?

2. What is your favorite sound?

3. Who is your favorite family member (or friend)?

4. What is your favorite thing to do?

My answers:

1. This one is kind of weird but my favorite smell is probably fresh garlic bread lol. I love the smell! I don't know why

2. My favorite sound is definitely horse hooves on cement. It's probably because I have grown up with horses...

3. My favorite family member is my 23 year old brother. Every Sunday he comes over for dinner and when he is leaving, he always asks me if I'm doing okay and he does a wrist check (I am 4 weeks clean!). My favorite friend is 16 and we can tell each other anything and everything! We also do wrist checks on each other.

4. I don't really like to do anything... I don't have any hobbies. I like hanging out with my friends but that's about it.

I hope you guys are having a great day/night.

Love you all, take care! < 3

MarinaMyrto January 16th, 2023
  1. Coffee
  2. Meows
  3. My two sisters
  4. Drinking some coffee or chocolate or tea and reading books
MissysRider07 OP January 16th, 2023

@MarinaMyrto]

Aw! I love that! The smell of coffee is amazing too!

MarinaMyrto January 20th, 2023

🥰🥰

intuitiveEast6300 January 16th, 2023

1. Smell: I like a lot of smells, but first place would be a three way tie between my room, new textbook, and freshly baked cookies

2. Sound: I don't have a favorite sound

3. Person: Someone I am very close to. Even though it's only been a little over a year since we have been close, I think of this person as part of my family.

4. Thing to do: the amount of things I like to is enormous; I can't narrow it down to just one! Some things I like are reading, journalling, weight lifting, taking walks, petting my dog, watching comedy TV, playing trumpet, and spending quality time with my family and friends. Travel would be on this list if teleportation was a thing. I love seeing new places, but I also love being home and sleeping in my bed....so...🤷‍♂️

MissysRider07 OP January 17th, 2023

@intuitiveEast6300

I haven't thought about the smell of my room, but I guess that makes sense! And fresh cookies are amazing too! Well... not if I make them- then it is nasty.... o-o

I don't have many hobbies.. But I do like traveling! I have been to Hawaii, Florida, California, Oklahoma, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, South Dakota, North Dakota, and I'm going to Mexico with my family soon!

SunSetOrangeSky97 January 16th, 2023

I love this question, this really made me (over)think about my answers, but this is what I came up with:

1. I love the smell of pancakes. It doesn’t even matter what time of day it is lol.

2. Bird singing in the spring when I wake up. It sounds so peaceful.

3. Up until last year when he passed away this was my grandfather. He and I shared the same passion, history, and he always loved talking to me about it. Even more so since I study history now.

4. Writing, creative writing actually. Mostly in the context for school when I have done a lot of research and have the frame in which I can release my creativity to construct a text around my research.

Kittenclaws January 17th, 2023

@MissysRider07

I am sorry I missed the q&a about pets and animals!

1. Fav smell -- vanilla and cloves. I even have those in aromatherapy diffuser. But I can't use the clove when my husband is around; he used to use cloves to treat toothache and when he smells it his teeth start hurting, he says xD

2. Fav sound -- one of my cats purring on my chest. I am nearly deaf so for a long time I couldn't hear that sound. When I finally got hearing aids that was the first thing I wanted to hear so I gave everyone catnip.

3. Fav friend -- I am nearly 70, so most all of my family members are gone. My favorite friend lives across the country, but we text often and always support each other in hard times. And share the same weird sense of humor lol

4. Fav thing to do -- Play online games, read, watch streaming movies and series. I like Stardew Valley, historical fiction and fantasy (which is sometimes the same thing) and have binge-watched Grimm and Cabin in the Woods a couple times each.

Thanks for the questions, sometimes I have to remind myself what I like!

MissysRider07 OP January 18th, 2023

@Kittenclaws

Don't worry about it! I think you can look it up... The title was " Pets ^w^ " If you would like to see it.

Vanilla smells sooo good! I haven't really smelt cloves but I'll smell it once I get another!

Yeah- my step-dad won't let me use some of my candles because they are "too strong" (They aren't strong at all- even my grandma said they weren't...)

Cats purring is super cute too :) I'm glad you can hear better again!

I'm so sorry your family isn't with you :( Friends are great though! All my close friends have a lot of similarities too.

What types of online games do you play? I didn't think about that, I love playing games with friends. I haven't heard of those shows.

Of course! That's why I like doing these because it gets people thinking. It's good for me too. I like thinking about my life and learning new things from the people who answer!

Have an amazing day/night! Take care <3

Kittenclaws January 18th, 2023

@MissysRider07

Missy -- Stardew Valley is a farming game, with lots of quests and building relationships with NPCs. It is very popular and I'm in a FB group that shares their game experience. It is a game I play when I need to relax.

Guild Wars 2 is a typical online game where you kill monsters and steal their money lol Also interact with real people who play at the same time. It can be a little overwhelming becuz there's so much to do, but the graphics are beautiful and I like to travel the different lands and check out the geography, since I'm too old to travel anymore.

What shows do you like? I am always ready for a good recommendation to watch. I just focus on horror I think because my Mom forbid me to watch them as a kid/teenager. Even Star Trek she felt was evil because it wasn't based in reality lol

Sorry if I'm too talkative xD Once again thanks for the survey and I'll try to find the pets one :)

@Kittenclaws

No! I love when people are talkative! So am I, so I am completely fine with it!

Those games sound fun, I'll check them out!

I don't really have any shows I have been watching, I am more into movies. One show I have been watching is on hulu, it's called 911. They aren't real 911 calls (not a documentary), its about the lives of Los Angeles first responders like the police officers, paramedics, firefighters, and dispatchers. My favorite parts are when they show the 911 calls they are on. Sometimes the calls are super weird lol. It's not scary at all- sometimes its sad but that's basically it.

My mom and I really like it, we have watched every episode. There are 6 seasons and we are waiting for the next season to be released!

Do you have any shows you like and would recommend?

BetheyBoop January 18th, 2023

I love Stardew valley! I always take a break and then go back after a few months.

blueIdea4188 January 17th, 2023

My answers

1. Chocolate

2. Rain

3. My autistic 6 yr old little brother he literally keeps and keeps me going and my boyfriend who makes sure I eat and take my meds

@blueIdea4188

Chocolate smells super good!

And I agree, rain (to me at least) is super relaxing. I grew up in Oregon USA and it rains there a lot.

Siblings are always amazing! I'm glad your boyfriend helps you <3

Polahn January 18th, 2023

1. Witch hazels flower, Meadowsweet flower and Lavender (really cannot chose between those three, I love them so much 😍)

2. Cat's purr! ❤️

3. No one 😅. I feel inspired by some people though...

4. Horse riding / spending time with animals

@Polahn

Thats a lot of flowers(?) lol. I've only heard of Lavenders lol

Cats purring is nice too.

I get that! There are also some people that inspire me that I don't know in person.

And I love animals! They are my whole life <3 When I ride my horses I feel so relaxed and I find it so calming.

Have a great day/night

Polahn January 18th, 2023

Thank you for the nice questions MissysRider07 😊

(Oh I didn't notice the horse on your picture 🤩. Is it yours? 😊).

Yes I do love flowers smell a lot. I find it magical how diverse and different they are ☺.

Have a lovely day/night 😊.

NeonBunny5008 January 18th, 2023

1. My favorite smell is my husband's colon.

2. The sounds of loons.

3. My husband

4. Site outside on a warm summer day.

@NeonBunny5008

I've never heard loons! Do they just sound like ducks?

I'm glad your husband helps you with everything!

Sitting outside is nice, I prefer sitting outside with one of my pets (doesn't matter which one) in the spring or summer.

Have a great day/night <3

January 18th, 2023

Coffee

Not sure

My cat

Listening to music

@determinedNest6866

I love all of those! Coffee is a great smell

Animals are great companions!

I love listening to music. I like sitting or laying in my room with my playlist going.

Have a great day/night <3

January 18th, 2023

@MissysRider07 Thanks you too!

fromthelandofHope January 18th, 2023

@MissysRider07

1:smell of moist soil after Rainfall

2: sound: churning of birds in the morning

3:i love all my younger siblings

4: helping people at 7 cups

@fromthelandofHope

Oh my gosh! Yes! I love the smell of rain!

I love the sound of birds singing but sadly, I live in the country and I mainly hear cows bellowing, horses neighing, sheep, goats, and pigs. This is also an amazing sound I like to hear in the morning but can get quite annoying lol.

My younger siblings just give me anxiety 😅

powerclub8 January 18th, 2023

@MissysRider07 can you tell me how to post on here? please.

@powerclub8

Of course! (If I don't make sense when I say this, you can also go into your chats and ask "Noni", the robot)

So first- go here https://www.7cups.com/forum/

Then on your screen there should be something towards the middle of your screen that says "Newbie Hub" or something like that.

Click on that and you will see above the posts there is a spot that says "Create a new thread".

I hope this helped a bit. I'm kind of new here myself but that's how I do it <3

fromthelandofHope January 20th, 2023

@MissysRider07

thanks for your response

MissysRider07 OP January 20th, 2023

@fromthelandofHope

of course!

miraculousParadise2759 January 18th, 2023

@MissysRider07 Horse hooves on cement are a great sound, reminds of Monty Python and the Holy Grail where they're coming over the hill, it sounds like horse hooves but they're just hitting two coconut shells together. Hope everything is going ok, I know school can be unnecessarily stressful, social stuff and all, hug a horse for me, will ya? Take it easy.

hardworkingBeechwood6063 January 18th, 2023

1. Smell of pizza fresh from the wood oven

2. Birds chirping

3. My sister

4. Reading

theboymoana January 18th, 2023

Favorite smell is ocean !!

I am deaf 🧏🏾

Lani my oldest brother he is favorite to me and always take care of me I miss him so much since I don’t live at my house right now

surf !! Favorite thing ever

JustHere2Listen777 January 18th, 2023

@MissysRider07

1. I liked the smell of strawberry mint. And also fresh earth when it rains.

2. I liked the sound of cicadas at nighttime and the sound of raindrops that'd lull me back to slumber.

3. I loved all my family members. But my favorites are my nephews and little cousin! They might be annoying and chaotic at times but they're the sweetest kids!

4. My favourite thing to do is learning the guitar. Yes, I still suck at it but I enjoyed it a lot! Especially when I could managed to sing along while playing.

purpleOwl6581 January 20th, 2023

1. vanilla

2. silence

3. My Daughter - Ivy

4. watch movies or mystery shows

kindsoul314 January 20th, 2023

1. What is your favorite smell? I love the smell of a rain shower & I love the smell of Easter Lilies

2. What is your favorite sound? The sound of a child's laughter and the sound of my wife's heart

as she lays close to me ... (And let's not forget the sound of a bird as it composes a concerto!)

3. Who is your favorite family member (or friend)? My wife and my church family..

4. What is your favorite thing to do? I love to play the piano - and I enjoy my music ministry. I

also enjoy being on 7 cups and doing my best to be a 'friend' and listen to those who are hurting.

MissysRider07 OP January 23rd, 2023

@kindsoul314

I love all of this! It's super sweet. <3

calmDew1576 January 25th, 2023

@MissysRider07 Thank you for the very fun ice breaker dear!

1. Vanilla 2. Rain 3. Grandma (deceased) 4. Walks

CooperHere January 25th, 2023
  1. too many good smells, can't pick one
  2. same thing as with sound
  3. i don't play favorites
  4. doing things with people I care about