Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

LittleMissAnonymous7 November 17th, 2014

I, LittleMissAnonymous7,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towardsbettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

-LittleMissAnonymous7 - 11/17/14

practicalPine21 November 18th, 2014

I, practicalpine,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

streaker November 18th, 2014

I, Streaker,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-Streaker - 11/18/14

Braveheart1 November 17th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, braveheart1,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love and commitment myVOLUNTEER listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in mySOUL , that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community inMY TIME of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of myACTIONS and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I amDEDICATED to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

autotunedrobot November 17th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, BananaSh,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

BananaSh

Date: 17/11/14

breakinginside7 November 17th, 2014

sd

I, breakinginside7,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-breakinginside7 - 11/17/14

breakinginside7 November 17th, 2014

sd

I, breakinginside7,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-breakinginside7 - 11/17/14

georgia7 November 17th, 2014

I, georgia7 , pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. -georgia7 - 11/17/14

paintthewalls November 17th, 2014

I, paintthewalls,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-paintthewalls- 11/17/14

MasculineKitty November 18th, 2014

I, MasculineKitty,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-MasculineKitty - 7-17-14

Austin4294 November 18th, 2014

I, Austin4294,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

tallPeach32 November 18th, 2014

My Member Oath: I, tallPeach32, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my VOLUNTEER listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my SOUL , that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in MY TIME of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my ACTIONS and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am DEDICATED to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Olivia1927 November 18th, 2014

I, olivia1927,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community

Ketsuki November 18th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Ketsuki,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-Ketsuki

ChinaCatSunflower November 18th, 2014

I, ChinaCatSunflower,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

CookiezDieForME November 18th, 2014

I, CookiezDieForMe,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

percyjackson November 18th, 2014

I, percyjackson,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

vonnysemaj November 18th, 2014

I,vonnysemaj,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

heartstrong November 19th, 2014

I, openheartedelle,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-- openheartedelle, 11/18/2014, 8:41pm

heartstrong November 19th, 2014

P.S. My apologies for the accidental repeat posts!

majikcalmischief November 19th, 2014

I, majikcalmischief,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

JMDreamer November 19th, 2014

I, JMDreamer, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

blackheart2273 November 19th, 2014

I, blackheart2273,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:
blackheart2273

Date: 11-19-2014

ksmtc123 November 19th, 2014

I, ksmtc123,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-ksmtc123 - 19/17/14

ksmtc123 November 19th, 2014

I, ksmtc123,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-ksmtc123 - 19/17/14

kindKiwi14 November 19th, 2014

I, kindKiwi14,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Sammi273 November 19th, 2014

I, Sammi273,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

-Sammi273 - 11/19/14

braveLion37 November 19th, 2014

I bravelion37,

pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

cachety November 19th, 2014

I, cachety pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

BethBVB November 21st, 2014

I, BethBVB, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindnessand compassion to all those I interact with.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opprotunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let other lean on me int heir time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtul in all my interactions.

MindfulLizbert November 19th, 2014

I, MindfulLizbert, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the commuinty witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindess and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opprotunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let other lean on me int heir time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtul in all my interactions.

Signed: MindfulLizbert (19 November 2014)

avbernal November 20th, 2014

I, avbernal, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the commuinty witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: avbernal (19 November 2014)

oliveSugar32 November 20th, 2014

I, oliveSugar32 , pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

oliveSugar32

Pinklipstick November 20th, 2014

I will value human emotions will try my best to understand them as well. Will always talk positive, will try to make the person comfortable and surely will do the needful for the person's better health. if my words can heal someone's wound, I'll do it with pleasure. I accept all terms and conditions.

angelsmilelovehurts18 November 20th, 2014

I, angelsmilelovehurts18, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the commuinty witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: angelsmilelovehurts18 (19 November 2014)

nilahoney November 20th, 2014

I, nilahoney, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the commuinty witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: nilahoney(20November 2014)

DiaDuit November 20th, 2014

I, DiaDuit, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the commuinty witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: DiaDuit (20 November 2014)

ListeningFlower November 20th, 2014

I, ListeningFlower, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the commuinty witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: ListeningFlower(20November 2014)

considerateLychee99 November 20th, 2014

I, considerateLychee99, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making thecommuintywitness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will showkindessand compassion to all those I interact with.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as anopprotunityto grow and learn.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let other lean on meintheir time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will bethoughtulin all my interactions.

Signed:considerateLychee99(20November 2014)

lostinthewilderness November 20th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,lostinthewilderness,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

lostinthewilderness

Date: 20-11-2014