Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

venetiansunflowers December 19th, 2014

My member oath:

I, venetiansunflowers,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towardsbettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

venetiansunflowers

WolfLover0 December 19th, 2014

My Oath:

I WolfLovero pledged to help people by leasing to them and giving advice to them if I can and just help them anyway, I respect my fellow members and the community as we

Signed:WolfLoveo

12/19/14

easyTortoise20 December 19th, 2014

I, easy tortoise 20 will soon be making my pledge

easyTortoise20 December 19th, 2014

I, easy tortoise 20, pledge a moral oath before the entire community making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and will be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 cups of tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 cups of tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need, and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that i am dedicatedto my personal health and betterment of the entire 7 cups community signed easy tortooise 20 date 12/19/2014

Wrestlinggirl12 December 19th, 2014

I, Wrestlinggirl12, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking. I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with. I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on. I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners. I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor. I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day. I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow. I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique. I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn. I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome. I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need. I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions. I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. Signed: Wrestlinggirl12 Date: 12-19-2014

VenomousCrow December 19th, 2014

I, VenomousCrow,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and neverviolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I willbelieve in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed,

VenomousCrow

VenomousCrow December 19th, 2014

I, VenomousCrow,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed,

VenomousCrow

Bea258 December 20th, 2014

I, Bea258, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

Signed:

Bea258

Date: 20-12-2014

Lee288 December 20th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Lee288, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

Signed:

Lee288

Date: 12-20-2014

thisisacallout December 20th, 2014

I, thisisacallout,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

thisisacallout

Date: 12-20-2014

DitzyDarling December 20th, 2014

I, DitzyDarling, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships whichencourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listenersbring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey isunique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to growand learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, thatno matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my timeof need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is areflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personalhealth and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed,

DitzyDarling

0 Reply

Dauntlessx December 20th, 2014

My Member Oath:

I,Dauntlessx,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Dauntlessx

Date: 20-12-2014

efinah December 20th, 2014

I, efinah, will do my best to support people and the community on 7 Cups.

Peace.

Skier2014 December 20th, 2014

I, Skier2014 pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.smiley

bikecomicsand42 December 21st, 2014

I, BikeComicsAnd42 pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

BikeComicsAnd42

Date: Dec21st, 2014

intellectualOrange27 December 21st, 2014

I, lovelyBubbles,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

lovelyBubbles92

Date: 11-8-2014

affableCat35 December 21st, 2014

I, Paul (affableCat35), pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Paul (affableCat35)

Filtre December 21st, 2014

I, Filtre,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Filtre

I found 7 Cups in my time of need, and I found help. I will pay this forward.

faithmarie3 December 21st, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, faithmarie3, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

faithmarie3

Date: 12-21-14

PolaF December 21st, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, Pola,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

LauraS

Date:11-8-2014

4Reply
Posted byLauraS- Sun Nov 9, 2014 6:31 PM

MleFay December 21st, 2014

My member oath.

I,MleFay,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

MleFay

Date: 12.21.2014

Ishmaeldreams1712 December 22nd, 2014

I pledge to listen openly and respect the taughts and feeling, ideas and emotions of all, to speak honestly and not sit in judgement of any person. To respect all the ideas and spiritof 7cups community. To help in anyway that I can and be a positive sourcein the emotional and spiritual advancement of this community and all of its members. To respect the privacy and trust of all who place their trust in me.

Morgieboopoo December 22nd, 2014

I, smileforawhile, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towards bettering my healthevery time I log on.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, thatno matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of theentire 7 Cups community.

signed: morgieboopoo

Fusebox December 22nd, 2014

I, Fusebox, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

BikeComicsAnd42

Date: Dec21st, 2014

0 ReplyPosted by bikecomicsand42 - Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:23 PM

Fusebox December 22nd, 2014

Whoops. Copy and paste on my phone after I read. I tried to edit and it just posted it. :|

Signed,

Fusebox

Date: Dec. 21/14

takemeaway18 December 22nd, 2014

I,Takemeaway18,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Takemeaway18

Date: 12-22-2014

takemeaway18 December 22nd, 2014

I,Takemeaway18,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Takemeaway18

Acesvpn December 22nd, 2014

I, Acesvpn, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Acesvpn

nxelle December 22nd, 2014

I, nxelle, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:nxelle

Date: 12/22/2014

threesidesofaneightsidedcircle December 22nd, 2014

I, threesidesofaneightsidedcircle, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

threesidesofaneightsidedcircle

backroadhun December 22nd, 2014

I, Backroadhun, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Backroadhun

PostHocErgoPropterHoc December 23rd, 2014

I, PostHocErgoPropterHoc, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

PostHocErgoPropterHoc

Madseason8 December 23rd, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, madseason8, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cupsof Tea every day.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow andlearn.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean onme in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actionsand will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community thatI am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Madseason8

Date: 12/22/14

4 Reply

polaroidghost December 23rd, 2014

My Member Oath:

I, polaroidghost,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

polaroidghost

Date: 23-12-2014

Laloba88 December 23rd, 2014

I, Laloba88, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Laloba88

Date: 12-23-2014

EngelFromAnAngle December 23rd, 2014

I, understandingLake98, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

understandingLake98 <3

EngelFromAnAngle December 23rd, 2014

I, understandingLake98, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

understandingLake98 <3

Blueberrypi December 23rd, 2014

Members oath

I, blueberrypi,

pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

blueberrypi

turquoiseJet62 December 24th, 2014

I,turquoiseJet62,pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the communitywitnessthat I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love and commitment myVOLUNTEER listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in mySOUL , that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community inMY TIME of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of myACTIONS and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I amDEDICATED to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

sensibleEast53 December 25th, 2014

I will first do no harm.