Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

enjoyiableLion77 September 6th, 2016

I, enjoyiableLion77, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

enjoyiableLion77

Date: 9-6-2016

MorningStar610 October 5th, 2016

@Laura

My Member Oath:

I, MorningStar610, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

MorningStar610

10/05/2016

Oxatnik October 5th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I Oxatnik, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness andcompassion to all those I interact with.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn andgrow.

I will believe in myself andunderstand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

Signed: //Oxatnik//

Date: 05/10/2016

AutumnWoods0523 October 5th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, angelmommy15, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: //AutumnWoods0523//

Date: 10/5/16

MusicsHeal October 10th, 2016

@Laura

Signed: //huei//

Date: 10/10/2016

October 10th, 2016

@Laura
I, DancingSpirit, herebey pledge to deliver support and compassion, in amount of tons and tons, and try to contribute towards making 7cups better, so that people share and open up more and world can become a much better place for everybody.

Idonotthinkanyonecares October 13th, 2016

Signed: //Idonotthinkanyonecares//
Date: 10/12/2016

VegetarianBuddhist14 October 17th, 2016

My member oath is to spread a message of compassion.

I can and will learn and grow as a person.

I can and will help support others' learning and growing.

I can and will make the world a better place.

BlueCornflower October 20th, 2016

@Laura

I hereby pledge in front of the Members of the 7 Cups Community to always adhere to the community guidelines and embody our values as a Listener.

I vow to always be fully present during a conversation, to communicate in a loving and patient way. My goal will always be to support, never to fix someone or offer advice. I promise to continue educating myself about mental health issues so I am even more qualified to be of service.

Signed by BlueCornflower on October 21st, 2016.

sopfhia October 24th, 2016

@Laura not too sure how to sound very formal and all, but I promise to be kind and compassionate towards everyone I interact with on seven cups. I truely do love this site and what it stants for.

PerfectlyImperfect99 October 24th, 2016

I, Jessica G. pledge a moral oath before my fellow active listeners, making them my witnesses, that I will ful fill to the best of my ability and judgment this covenant and undertaking.

I must first do no harm.

I will promote healing and well-being in my members and place the members interests above my own at all times.

I will not violate the physical boundaries of the client and will always provide a safe and trusting haven for healing.

I will respect the integrity of the members with whom I am working, and I will remain objective in my relationships with members.

I will be silent and honor the confidentiality of my members.

I will treat my fellow listeners with honor and respect. I recognize that my behavior impacts them individually and influences the entire community.

I will provide only those services for which I have had the appropriate training and experience and will keep my technical competency at the highest level in order to uphold best listening practices.

I will recognize when I don't know something, asking for help when I need it. I will know my own abilities and limitations.

I commit to growing in knowledge, understanding, and skill, to work collaboratively with listeners and other colleagues in the health professions, and to promote the highest quality of member care.

I will keep this promise as a person of integrity and as an active listener, and I will do everything in my power to facilitate health, healing, and wholeness within myself, my fellow listeners, members and my world.

Signed: //Jessica G.//

Date: October 24, 2016

pixielatte October 26th, 2016

@Laura

I swear to honour the 7 cups of tea oath by honouring those in need of help.

I promise to always do my best and give the best assistance that I am able.

I promise that I will always listen non-judgementally and listen the best support that I can.

I swear to respect all 7 cups users, no matter what their issue.

I promise to be professional in all cases.

I promise to have empathy in all cases.

I promise that I will always do my best, no matter what the situation.

Signed: PixieLatte

Date: 26/10/2016

scarletBlueberry3571 October 27th, 2016

Do you have to be a listener to be a membaer?

sunnySouth9041 October 27th, 2016

I, SunnySouth9041, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

SunnySouth9041

Date: 10-27-2016

redBike4001 October 27th, 2016

I, redBike4001, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

redBike4001

Date: 28-10-2016

simplelife2468 October 27th, 2016

@Laura I take the oath to be loving, compassionate and respectful towards everyone on 7 cups. To help them the best way I can

Signed//simplelife2468//

Date//27.10.2016//

simplynaja October 27th, 2016

I promise to show kindness & support those who want & need it. I'll be there for others as they has been there for me many times in the past. My impact here on 7cups will be a good one, I promise.

October 27th, 2016

I take the member oath into my hands and will try my best to adhere to the desired outcomes

peachsailboat2974

2016/10/27

brightEast9377 October 27th, 2016

I, BrightEast, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

BrightEast

Date: 27/09/2016

greenSailboat2754 October 27th, 2016

@Laura

I promise to show kindness and compassion. I will be respectful and show support to others and I hope I will be able to help the other people who need the support.

Signed: greenSailboat2754

Date: 27/10/2016

TheNeonBeyond October 27th, 2016

@Laura

I, TheNeonBeyond, promise to be compassionate, kind, and respectful in all my interactions with others. I promise to care for others because we are all dealing with problems. I also promise to adhere to all 7cupsoftea's rules and values.

imaginativePal1453 January 22nd, 2020

@TheNeonBeyond yes I promise also to do that too.

HappyMeekrat October 27th, 2016

Me member oath:

I, HappyMeetrat, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listners bring to 7 Cupse of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continues to learn and grow.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need, and I will let others lean on me in teir time of need.

Signed: HappyMeetrat

Date: 10-28-2016

quietThomas October 27th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, quietThomas, pledge a moral oath before the entire 7 Cups of Tea community, making the community a witness that I will to the best of my ability fulfill this covenant and undertaking:

I will show kindness, compassion, and respect to all those with whom I interact.

I will never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming in order to build supportive relationships which will serve to encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul that I can overcome any matter, however challenging it may be.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their times of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of myself. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

Signed,

quietThomas

Date: 27 October 2016

berry1900 October 27th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, bery1900, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

berry1900

Date: 27October2016

Candybeanscandyfloss October 27th, 2016

I promise to adhere to the 7 cups guidelines and the oath @laura

CPB1004 October 27th, 2016

Hello

This is my beginning to what I imagine will benefit a happy life.

EmberSunsets October 27th, 2016

I hereby promise to always show comassion, care, tact, and love to all fellow members andlisteners here on 7cups. I will strive to do well, for myself and others, and to better myself as much as I can.

Signed: EmberSunsets

27 Oct 2016

DevilzSpawn1 October 27th, 2016

I promise to try my best and be compasionate with others.

DevilzSpawn1

27/10/16

unloved0511 October 27th, 2016

My oath:

@laura

I hereby pledge to adhere to the community guidelines of 7cups.com; most especially to treat others with kindness, compassion, love, and respect.

Signed:

unloved0511

10/27/2016

Mellietronx October 27th, 2016

My member oath:

I, Mellie, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfil to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those whom I interact with.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members and listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavour.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 cups every day.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 cups as an opportunity to learn and grow.

I will honour the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul that no matter how challenging they are, I can overcome them.

I recognise that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 cups community.

Signed,

Mellie

Date: Oct 27th 2016

marsx October 27th, 2016

I take the oath to make this community a loving place and to care for all in the community. "I solemnly swear I'm up to all good" as another member said

LadyAquaria 10/27/2016

SorryImKindaShy October 27th, 2016

I take this oath into my hand and will do my absolute best to adhere to it

Usednbrokenberrings October 27th, 2016

@Laura

I Usednbrokenberrings vow to do my best to keep the values and mission of 7cups intact and do my best to support all those I encounter here and ask for support when I need in my journey.

I also vow to use the tools provided here to take steps on my personal path and to try to help others use these tools to grow and move forward on thier personal paths as often as I am given the opportunity.

Usednbrokenberrings

10/27/2016

ktallen October 27th, 2016

I hereby swear to use 7-cups in a kindhearted way, to help improve/insure a positive wellbeing for other uses and myself. I will be kind, caring and supportive to other users, and will try to use the app daily to benefit myself and additional users

beachlover5008 October 27th, 2016

I promise to be kind to those I speak to and offer encouragement.

Radieal October 28th, 2016

I promise to show kindness and support to all those I interact with here.

raspberryDime8954 October 28th, 2016

@Laura I take the oath to abide by said rules and regulations and to be compassionate and open hearted to all members .

TyrandeWhisperwind October 28th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, TyrandeWhisperwind, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

TyrandeWhisperwind

Date: 28-10-2016

jormia624 October 28th, 2016

@Laura

Even though I'm not a listener, I still adhere to all of the values and goals of 7 Cups.

jormia624

10/27/16