Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Aqua79 January 26th, 2020

@Laura

I, Brandon, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understaood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Brandon//

Date: 01/25/2020

chloe1d January 26th, 2020

I, Chloe, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Chloe
Date: 1/25/2020

WhereTheRiverFlowsGrowsRose January 26th, 2020

@Laura

I, Rose, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Rose

blueMoon5127 January 26th, 2020

@Laura , did we have to do it like this?

I, @blueMoon5127, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: @blueMoon5127

arsenicatnip January 26th, 2020

@arsenicatnip

arsenicatnip January 26th, 2020

@arsenicatnip

practicalBalloon8446 January 26th, 2020

I, practicalbaloon8446 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: practicalbaloon8446

emptyboxes January 26th, 2020

i, k, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

i will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

i will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

i understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

i will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

i will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

i will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

i will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

i will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

emptyboxes January 26th, 2020

@emptyboxes

oh!! and

signed: empty boxes

01/25/2020

TokyoDino January 26th, 2020

I, Chris, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //TokyoDino//

practicalSea7292 January 26th, 2020

I, Julius, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Julius
Date: 1/25/20

T1992 January 26th, 2020

@Laura

I, T, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

PandaLynn January 26th, 2020

I, Panda, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Panda
Date: 1/25/20

doctoranonymous January 26th, 2020

@Laura

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //adventurousOrange6986//

cardioqueen January 26th, 2020

@Laura

I, CQ, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //cardioqueen//
Date: 25/01/2020

pakerm January 26th, 2020

I, _parkerm__________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

parkerm

26/01/2020

Laly000 January 26th, 2020

I, Laly, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Laly//
Date: 26/01/2020

Elliebean12345 January 26th, 2020

I, ___Ellie________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

ellie 1/25/20

quietDive January 26th, 2020

I, quietdive, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: quietDive

Candydragon January 26th, 2020

I, Rachel, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Rachel
Date: 01/25/2020

Syd113 January 26th, 2020

@Laura

I, SydneySquidney, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: SydneySquidney

CastroST January 26th, 2020

I, CastroST (Castro Saint), pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: CastroST
Date: 26/01/2020

ImCastelo January 26th, 2020

@Laura ya sure

honestWheel0070 January 26th, 2020

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

Wheel

Kidro January 26th, 2020

I, Carlos, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Carlos

NahsLain January 26th, 2020

@NahsLain

I, NahsLain, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: NahsLain

prattleclack January 26th, 2020

I prattleclack will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

LittlehummingBird126 January 26th, 2020

I, Little Bird , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Little Bird
Date: 26/1/2020

ord1052 January 26th, 2020

@Laura I would like to take the Oath.

biggiecheese January 26th, 2020

@Laura you know what time it is

quickwittedPal6384 January 26th, 2020

@Laura

I, QuickWitted, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //QuickW//
Date: 01/26/2020

LynnLyz January 26th, 2020

I, Lynn Lyz , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //LynnLyz//
Date: 1/26/2020

@Laura

OscarWildeDisasterChild January 26th, 2020

I, OscarWildeDisasterChild, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: OscarWildeDisasterChild

Vickykalodi January 26th, 2020

vicky

Vickykalodi January 26th, 2020

vicky

BrainSurgerysFun January 26th, 2020

@Laura

Starprincess1881 January 26th, 2020

I, JJ, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: JJ
Date: 1\26\2020

Looby00 January 26th, 2020

@Laura

I, _________looby00__________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: looby00
Date: 25/1/2020

independentShip7029 January 26th, 2020

I, Greg, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Greg//
Date: 01/26/2020

versatileOak4721 January 26th, 2020

@Laura I pledge the oath