Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

neatPenny3342 January 23rd, 2020

I, ____neatpenny_______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed Neatpenny

agreeableRaspberries5270 January 23rd, 2020

I, _____AR________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: AgreeableRaspberries
Date: 1/24/2020

Clairebear84 January 23rd, 2020

@Laura

I Clairebear84, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

politeMap744 January 23rd, 2020

I, ____Kendy_______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Kendy

1/23/2020

LeviAckermansBoot January 23rd, 2020

@Laura I take an oath to try and support whoever I needs help, no matter what their problem might be. - LeviAckermansBoot

Todd45 January 24th, 2020

I pledge the oath as stated here. I am not sure what else i am supposed to do. Please let me know if i need to do something else, thank you@Laura

Demring January 24th, 2020

I, Demring, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will be throughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

Signed: //Demring//
Date: 21/1/2020

josethestar January 24th, 2020

I, Josephine, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Jose
Date: 24/1/2020

torilikesreality January 24th, 2020

I, Tori, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: torilikesreality
Date: 01-23-2020

amiableOrange5628 January 24th, 2020

I, _____________moonchild______, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

gratefulSleet January 24th, 2020

I, gratefulSleet, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups. I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice. I will follow the community guidelines and support others in making the community better for everyone. Signed: //gratefulSleet// Date: 1/24/2020

Quietone8717 January 24th, 2020

@Laura

I, Quietone, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: QuietOne
Date: 1/23/20

stephswoon January 24th, 2020

I, stephswoon, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Stephswoon
Date: 1/23/20

sunnyTiger9179 January 24th, 2020

I, Sunny Tiger, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //SunnyTiger//
Date: 0123/2020

Cosmogirl9312 January 24th, 2020

@Laura

i cosmogirl9312 pledge this.

AcornCap January 24th, 2020

@Laura agree

Random7CupsNameHere January 24th, 2020

I, __________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //R7CNH
Date: 1/23/2020

braveheart61 January 24th, 2020

@leslieod

I, Lesleod__, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

1/23/2020

Mamori January 24th, 2020

I, Mamori, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Mamori//
Date: 24/01/2020

alcoholandcigarettes1 January 24th, 2020

I, Sav , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Sav
Date: 01/23/20

@Laura

HawaiianReble25 January 24th, 2020

I, HawaiianReble25, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

hardworkingCamp1285 January 24th, 2020

I, HardworkingCamp, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental. I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community. I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: Hardworking
Date: 1-23-20

independentHemlock16 January 24th, 2020

Huh?

Overthinker88 January 24th, 2020

Hello everybody

brightTalker1212 January 24th, 2020

@Laura I take this oath.

aquagashapon January 24th, 2020

I, A, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: A
Date: 1/24/2020

EmperorDon January 24th, 2020

@Laura

I, EmperorDon, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will take ownership of my own behaviour in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

Signed: //EmperorDon//

Olive86 January 24th, 2020

I, Olive , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Olive

2/23/2020

MattyGoofball January 24th, 2020

I, @MattyGoofball, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //MattyGoofball//
Date: 24.01.2020

pioneeringCoconut8047 January 24th, 2020

I pioneering coconut

I pioneering coconut will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

scarletLemon7953 January 24th, 2020

@Laura

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

trustedfriend January 24th, 2020

@Laura

I, trustedfriend, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

chelseamaydahl January 24th, 2020

I, chelseamaydahl, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: chelseamaydahl
Date: 24/1/20

@Laura

I, ______R_____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: R
Date: 24/1/2020

Rmm1128 January 24th, 2020

@Laura

@rmm1128

greenShip8274 January 24th, 2020

I, greenShip8274, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that i read and understood the community guidlines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non judgmental.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

Signed //greenShip8274//
1/23/2020

FatCat17 January 24th, 2020

@Laura we all need a safe place

w0star0s January 24th, 2020

@Laura

I, w0star0s, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //w0star0s/

charmingVase687 January 24th, 2020

I, CharmingVase, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

ella1006 January 24th, 2020

i, ella, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that i read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 cups. i will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental. i will stay respectful of everyone i encounter in this community. i understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support. i will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations. i will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community. i will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together. i will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how i will react to any situation that is my choice. i will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

signed: //ella//

date: 01/23/2020