Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

rainynights11 January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

I, Sophia, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //Sophia//
Date: 01/21/2020

BeingTimoty January 22nd, 2020

I, Timothy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

JazzLo January 22nd, 2020

I, Kat, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: JazzLo
Date: 1/22/2020

EvasiveFriend81 January 22nd, 2020

I, Amber (EvasiveFriend81), pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

electricDay1488 January 22nd, 2020

I, evie, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //evie//

Pilgrim12 January 22nd, 2020

I, pilgrim12, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

musicman1982 January 22nd, 2020

I, musicman1982, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //musicman1982//

@Laura

Superkayko January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

I, Keith, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Jojo123321 January 22nd, 2020

I promise to use my knowledge and wisdom to help other people and be supportive and non judgemental. I wish I could meet someone like me on here. (This is honestly not arrogance). I have helped and drastically impacted and changed a lot of peoples lives over the years and have had such positive influence on some people that it has literally changed every aspect of their lives and they have gone from (an extreme situation) being suicidal and having attempted 3 times and thankfully not succeeding to being very happy and successful. I have a way of helping people to help themselves see their situation from a very different perspective. I have a way of connecting, to seeing someone inadvertently way no one else done. For some reason I have an energy about me that sees peoples pain instantly when no one else does. I feel it too. It sucks sometimes because I get so drained sometimes feeling other people's pain. I have no idea what to call this but a total stranger will pour their heart out to me. It happens all the time and I can often have them consider a perspective that they never thought of which they act on and is almost always the perspective that helps them on their journey to self healing. I haven't met the person yet who has affected me the same way. I'm getting there on my own.

skylarkfreedom January 22nd, 2020

I pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed //Skylarkfreedom//

22-1-2020

Gentlesoul92 January 22nd, 2020

@Laura I gentlesoul92 will abide by all laws n rules in your sites or group. That's my oath

ComfyFern January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

Even though I am a new joiner, I pledge to help this community in any way I can, even if that is just contributing my words to others.

SmilingTeddy January 22nd, 2020

I, SmilingTeddy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

sundropbelow January 22nd, 2020

I, SunDropBelow, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed, SunDropBelow.

Lucas47 January 22nd, 2020

I, Lucas , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Lucas

lelice January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

I, _lelice__, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //lelice//
Date: 22/01/2020

heihejhalo January 22nd, 2020

I, heihejhalo, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //heihejhalo//
Date: 22.01.20

Sehikus January 22nd, 2020

Ok

AnnaDeborah January 22nd, 2020

@Annadeborah

VSCOpeppapig January 22nd, 2020

@Laura VSCOpeppapig

plumGlobe577 January 22nd, 2020

I, plumglobe577, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //plumglobe577//
Date: 22/1/2020

CoolGlad January 22nd, 2020

I, CoolGlad, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

newtothis2020 January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

I Nina, pledge an oath to my fellow community members, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

N.S.

jet000 January 22nd, 2020

I, ___Jet000____, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Jet000//

julssss18 January 22nd, 2020

I, jols, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //jolss//
Date: 1-22-20

julssss18 January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

QuinnieBunnie January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

I, Andy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Andy//

OccultTomboy January 22nd, 2020

I, Occult Tomboy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //occulttomboy//

GatewaySystem January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

New Notifications4

It's time for a self-evaluation. Retake the Emotional Wellness Test to understand your progress.×

Forum

Newbie Hub

7 Cups of Tea Mission & Core Values

Tweet Share

Subscribe Post to Thread

Laura Butterfly 2013
on November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member

I, GatewaySytem , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //GatewaySytem //

ChanceKid January 22nd, 2020

I, Chance, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //ChanceKid//
Date: 11/9/2014

pepperpep January 22nd, 2020

@Laura took the oath

niceCoconut2310 January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

I, @nicecoconut2310, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //@nicecoconut2310/

blueHickory43 January 22nd, 2020

I, Blue Hickory, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //BlueHickory//
Date: 22/1/2020

vespxrs January 22nd, 2020

I, Nat, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Nat
Date: January 21, 2020

mommaof2boyz January 22nd, 2020

I, Julia, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: JMC (momof2boyz)

tealmoon26 January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

I, Teal, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and without judgment.

I will always be respectful to everyone I encounter in the community.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns faced during my stay in the community.

Love: tealmoon26

22/01/2020

indigoJet3460 January 22nd, 2020

I,Samantha, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

intuitiveMaple8953 January 22nd, 2020

I promise to never judge, be rude or break the guidelines of 7 cups. I shall be kind, compassionate and responsible.

Tacayo January 22nd, 2020

I, Tacayo, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Tacayo
Date: 1/22/20

BlueFig118 January 22nd, 2020

@Laura

I, BlueFig118, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //BlueFig118//