Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

Kara33 March 16th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Kara33, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kindness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log on.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to learn and grow.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Kara33

Date: 3/16/16

Ataraxic March 16th, 2016

I, Ataraxic, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will believe in myself and understand that everyone's personal journey is unique.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 Cups of Tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Ataraxic

Date: 3/16/2016

TShooman March 18th, 2016

I, AnonymousNyanCat, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

Signed:

AnonymousNyanCat

CleopatraElizabethI March 21st, 2016

I, CleopatraElizabethI, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

(so help me God-my add-on)

Signed:

CleopatraElizabethI

March 21, 2016

SleepyCarrot March 22nd, 2016

I, SleepyCarrot , pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

Sleepycarrot

22nd March 2016

niceScarf143 March 23rd, 2016

I, nicescarf143, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:
Signed:
nicescarf143
March 23, 2016

seventyninedays March 24th, 2016

I, Seventyninedays, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:
Signed:
Seventyninedays
March 23, 2016

seekinghealing March 29th, 2016

I, seekingheaking, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:
seekinghealing
March 29, 2016

CountryPrincess83 March 29th, 2016

I, Christie Ellis, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

Christie Ellis

March 21, 2016

DarkCoffee March 29th, 2016

I, DarkCoffee, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

DarkCoffee

Date: 29.03.2016

3Maggy3 January 15th, 2020

I, 3Maggy3, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

3Maggy3
hopefulWords88 March 29th, 2016

I, hopefulWords88, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

hopefulWords99

hopefulWords88 March 29th, 2016

I, hopefulWords88, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

hopefulWords99

Orchidaceae March 29th, 2016

I need hugs . .. Do it

notsofadedscars March 29th, 2016

I, hnotsofaded, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

Going2BeOkay March 29th, 2016

I, Going2BeOkay, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

Going2BeOkay

March 29th, 2016

compasionateEagle March 30th, 2016

I, compasionateEagle, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

compasionateEagle

March 30th, 2016

twentyroad March 31st, 2016

No hesitations from me.smiley

My Member Oath:

I, twentyroad (Clayton), pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community. heart

Signed: Clayton (twentyroad)

Date: 3/30/2016

JamesDc008 March 31st, 2016

I, Jamesdc008 , pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

Jamesdc008

22nd March 2016

Bebrave101 April 2nd, 2016

I, Bebrave101, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

Bebrave101

Date: 4-2-16

InkStainedFingers April 3rd, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, InkStainedFingers, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I recognise that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

Signed:

InkStainedFingers

Date: 03/04/2016

MariaEmilia April 3rd, 2016

I, MariaEmilia, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

MariaEmilia

Date: 03/04/2016

disclousure April 6th, 2016

I, Liz (disclousure), pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed-

Liz (disclousure)

04/05/16

JumpingJade April 6th, 2016

I, JumpingJade, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

JumpingJade

April 6th, 2016

Geecat April 6th, 2016

I, Geecat, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

Geecat

April 6th, 2016

CompassionateGirl90 April 9th, 2016

I, CompassionateGirl90, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

CompassionateGirl90

April 8th, 2016

intelligentString April 26th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, intelligentString, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will work towards bettering my health every time I log in.
I will show respect and never violate the boundaries of my fellow members and listeners.
I will respect the time, love, and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.
I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.
I will lean on the community in my time of need and I wi​​ll let others lean on my in their time of need.​​​​​

Signed:

intelligentString

Date: 25 April 2016

Anna1090 April 29th, 2016

I Anna1090, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community

witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this convenant and undertaking:

I will show respect and never vilolate the boundaries of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and be forthcoming to bulid supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listeners bring to 7 cups of tea every day.

I will take every interaction I have on 7 cups of tea as an opportunity to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter , how challenging , I can overcome

I will lean on the community in my time of need and I will let others lean on me in their time of need

I recongnize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that i am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the enite 7 cups community

( so help me god- my add-on)

Signerd: Anna1090

Silvumination May 1st, 2016

I, Silvumination, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I recognize that my behavior is a reflection of me. I will take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a means of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterement of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Silvumination

Date: 4/30/16

defeatyourblurryface May 3rd, 2016

I, HeyitsJo, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

Signed:

HeyitsJo

izaxorepid May 6th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, izaxorepid, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

izaxorepid

Date: 5/6/2016

May 7th, 2016

I, alexa2, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will honour the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter, how challenging, I can overcome.

Signed:

alexa2

Date: 07-05-2016

PositiveMinds May 8th, 2016

I, PositiveMinds, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking:

I will respect the time, love and commitment that my volunteer listeners bring to 7 Cups of Tea every day.

PositiveMinds
May 07, 2016

PhoenixFoxTail May 8th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, Phoenix Foxtail, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

I will show kidness and compassion to all those I interact with.

I will show respect and never violate the bounderies of my fellow members or listeners.

I will take ownership of my mental health and by forthcoming to build supportive relationships which encourage this endeavor.

I will respect the time, love and commitment my volunteer listners bring 7 Cups Of Tea everyday.

I will use the resources provided to me to continue to grow and learn.

I will honor the challenges presented to me in my life, believing in my soul, that no matter how challenging, I can overcome.

I recognise that my behaviour is a reflection of me. I take ownership of my actions and will be thoughtful in all my interactions.

I will keep these promises as a mean of showing myself and the community that I am dedicated to my personal health and the betterment of the entire 7 Cups community.

Signed:

Phoenix FoxTail

Date: 18-5-2016

beyondtheBlues May 9th, 2016

I, beyondtheBlues, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

beyondtheBlues

Date: 5/9/2016

ivel May 9th, 2016

I, Ivel, will continue spreading and receiving love.

Long live 7cups!

yours truly,

Ivel

Laura OP May 12th, 2016

@ivel

thank you!

littleBeary August 12th, 2016

:)

souris May 12th, 2016

I, souris, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed: souris

Dated: 5/12/2016

LeprechaunsandLollies May 13th, 2016

My Member Oath:

I, leprechaunsandlollies, pledge a moral oath before the entire community, making the community witness that I will fulfill to the best of my ability this covenant and undertaking.

Signed:

leprechaunsandlollies

Date: 5/13/2016