Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

intellectualBike1688 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, intellectualBike, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //intellectualbike//

Kyu0707 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, ________Ky___________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Ky
Date: 1/30/2020

xiomara93 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, Lena, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Xiomara07

unassumingBunny8392 January 31st, 2020

I, bunny, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Bunny
Date: 01/30/2020

CozyLobster January 31st, 2020

I, CozyLobster, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I have read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7 Cups.

I will treat my fellow members with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgemental.

I understand as a community we're here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful, compassionate, and wholehearted in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to address any concerns faced during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others, sharing my experiences, and learning with my community to grow together.

I will take ownership of my person and behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in making the community better for everyone.

Signed: CozyLobster

intelligentAvocado7230 January 31st, 2020

i will take this oath

caulderc January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, _____________caulder______, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing

lavenderSkies2906 January 31st, 2020

@Laura i take the memeber oath

sincereSongster January 31st, 2020

I, sincereSongster, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //sincereSongster//
Date: 30/01/2020

yellowMap21 January 31st, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //YellowMap//
Date: 01/30/2020

Coconut1131 January 31st, 2020

@Laura I promise not to judge and keep and open mind..to care for people and help lift them up and not tear them down and the rest of what it says sincerely coconut

ben18320 January 31st, 2020

I, ben18320, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

BlueSky52 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

funnyFarm8282 January 31st, 2020

I, Alexyss H, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Alexyss H//

tylorcurtis January 31st, 2020

@Laura

HeyItsNancy January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, Heyitsnancy, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

VioletVaquita January 31st, 2020

I

I, Violet, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Violet Vaquita

Ravix January 31st, 2020

I will uphold the new dharmic principles on 7 cups

littlemassoni January 31st, 2020

@Little.massoni

ResponsiveRia January 31st, 2020

I, Ria, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Ria

Date: 31-01-2020

MattC22 January 31st, 2020

@Laura I take the oath to always be respectful and compassionate! ❤️

mrmrcl January 31st, 2020

I, ____________mrmrcl_______, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

lavenderSkies488 January 31st, 2020

I, M , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //lavenderSkies488//
Date: 01/31/20

24forever January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, Bailee, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Bailee S

raspberryCranberry7146 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

pineconebella January 31st, 2020

I, bp, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //bellapinecone//
Date: 31/01/2020

TurtleUrdle January 31st, 2020

I, TU, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //TurtleUrdle//
Date: 01/29/20

quickhatch January 31st, 2020

I, quickhatch, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Q
Date: 31-01-2020

politeLion6333 January 31st, 2020

I DGC, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

And I will also improve myself

apricot4456 January 31st, 2020

@Laura I take the oath, would just like to talk and be okay, thank you

beatricej1234 January 31st, 2020

=

Signed: //beatrice

lovingdamsel123 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, Nina, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Nina ********

BlueRaspberry27253 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, JC, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.
I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns faced during my stay in the community.
Signed: //JC//
Date: 01/31/2020

secretPlum7861 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

romana001 January 31st, 2020

I, AmberR, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: AmberR
Date: 01/31/2020

TheDuff2020 January 31st, 2020

@Laura, I The Duff promise to adhere to the rules and to strive to do my best.

//TheDuff2020//

Mothermercury25 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I agree to this oath

SpecialSystem January 31st, 2020

I, Joe Tamez, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Monika38739 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

bellarina74 January 31st, 2020

I, Belinda, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Belinda