Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

HelpingDolphin5 January 30th, 2020

@Laura @helpingdolphin

aloeuqh January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, Aloe, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: Aloeuqh
Date: 1/29/2020

Kiye January 30th, 2020

I, Kiye, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Kiye//
Date: 30/1/2020

Howlinwolfartist January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, Howlinwolfartist , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Howlinwolfartist
Date: 01-29-2020

Pandora1989 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //MandaB//
Date: 30/01/2020

amo616 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, Amber, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Amber

01/29/2020

neatluna9328 January 30th, 2020

I pledge

reservedBeing4295 January 30th, 2020

YeS

yeah buddy

yeah buddy

lemondropped January 30th, 2020

I, Quenby, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Quenby//

mjtozier January 30th, 2020

@Laura

Signed: @mjtozier

MissPhit January 30th, 2020

, __MissPhytsmiley________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

faithfulCity7785 January 30th, 2020

HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Osasu My name is Olivia Jayden, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr. Osasu , She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child,if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email: drosasu25@gmail.com Or WhatsApp or call him now:
+2347064365391 . Dr.Osasu also cures: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HERPES 1/2 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrigs disease) 5. Hepatitis B

NotRated13 January 30th, 2020

@Laura I'm not sure why this is required now after your 6 year old post, yet if you want more busy work in the community then so be it. The amount of abuse in the chat rooms will not dissapate because of this. What will make the community better is better mods and better enforcement of bans. A pledge means nothing if not attached to an experience worth pledging. Either members have compassion or they do not - there is no try. It's the way the world is and it's not how you want the world to work. I'm saddened that our ability to partcipate in a chat room has come to this silly excercise. Well, my pledge is below. I hope you're happy.

NotRated13, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: NotRated13

sturdyifstatements January 30th, 2020

I, sturdyifstatement, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: sturdyifstatement
Date: 01/29/2020

FireHeartSK January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, Fireheart, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

resourcefulHuman816 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, Resourcefulhuman pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: human

chuck2003 January 30th, 2020

I,Charlie Apledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Neeceey January 30th, 2020

ok

azureKiwi8943 January 30th, 2020

I, azureKiwi8943, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: azureKiwi8943
Date: 01/30/2020

Unknownmermaid08 January 30th, 2020

I, Unknownmermaid08, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Unknownmermaid08//
Date: 01/29/20

tidWriter47 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, ____tdwriter_______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

tidWriter47 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, _____tidwriter47______________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

QuantaviusValentina January 30th, 2020

I, Elisabee, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

30/1/20

Ammelana January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, Ammelana , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Ammelana
Date: 1/30/2020

Placidcats1234 January 30th, 2020

@placidcats1234

E71345847 January 30th, 2020

I, Elisha pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Elisha
Date: 30-01-2020

brightBeechwood4891 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I agree to this oath whole heartedly

modestKitten8474 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, modest, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Modest

Hedwig15 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, Hedwig, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Hedwig15
Date: 1/29/20

LightTraveler January 30th, 2020

I, LightTraveler, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone

amicableMaple7987 January 30th, 2020

@Laura I take the oath

sniccers January 30th, 2020

I, sniccers, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

@Laura

Dean1theCap January 30th, 2020

I Dean the Cap pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Dean1theCap

modestBalloon8539 January 30th, 2020

I, Renee, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Renee
Date: 1\ 29\2020

DD1220 January 30th, 2020

@Laura

I, DD1220, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //DD1220//
Date: 1/30/2020

MattyGUK83 January 30th, 2020

I, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //MattyGUK83//

diplomaticScarf3480 January 30th, 2020

I pledge to be a better person for those who need me.

tidyBlackberry4556 January 30th, 2020

I, tidyblackberry4556, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.