Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Member Oath - All Encouraged to Participate

Laura November 9th, 2014

Our member community is thriving! Now that we have our group support chat rooms, our members are able to interact and support each other in new and dynamic ways. You all have done a wonderful job adjusting to these chat rooms and supporting one another.

As a member of the 7 Cups community, you are all here for a variety of specific reasons. But one thing we all have in common is our love of the 7 Cups community. Our community is a safe haven, a place to find connection, compassion, love, and support.

Our community is only as strong as it's members. We ask each member to agree to these community guidelines and interact in ways that reflect these guidelines and the 7 Cups values.

Today, I would like all members of 7 Cups of Tea to take ownership of their home here. To show your commitment, we ask that you take the 7 Cups member oath. By completing this oath, you are promising to show kindness and support to all those you interact with here. It could be in the forums, with a listener in a 1-1 chat or in the group support chat rooms.

Below this post, type out your member oath. You could cut and paste it, but I feel like this takes away from it. Typing it helps you really think through what you are committing to. Next, at the bottom, sign in with your username like this:

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will stay respectful of everyone I encounter in the community.

I understand as a community we are here to provide and seek support.

I will be thoughtful and compassionate in my conversations.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //LauraS//
Date: 11/9/2014

NOTE: Eventually, we will be able to give a badge to all those who take this pledge. The badge will come, as long as you post in this thread, you will earn it!

FH:49

(Edit; ASilentObserver, 01/10/2020)

HEY1324 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, HEY1324 pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

I will use the proper channels to escalate any concerns facing during my stay in the community.

I will be open to learning from others and sharing my experiences and learning with them to grow as a community together.

I will take ownership of my own behavior in the community and understand how I will react to any situation that is my choice.

I will follow the community guidelines and support each other in building the community better for everyone.

Signed: //HEY1324//

LSalv January 31st, 2020

I, LSalv, pledge to the moral code listed above and promise to fill and abide to it to the best of my ability.

imaginativeFriend9630 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, imaginativeFriend9630, pledge to the moral code listed above and promise to fill and abide to it to the best of my ability.

GeWise January 31st, 2020

I am always gentle and nice.

GeWise

alimed January 31st, 2020

I, alimed, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: alimed
Date: 31/01/2020

GooseyLucy January 31st, 2020

I, GooseyLucy pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Lucy
Date: jan 31 2020
Thought i took this but ig not lol

NeonBlueButterfly January 31st, 2020

I, NeonBlueButterfly pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: NeonBlueButterfly
Date: Jan 31 2020

nonsense91 January 31st, 2020

I, ___________nonsense________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Nonsense
Date: 1/2/2020

Preciouspearl3374 January 31st, 2020

will treat my fellow members and listeners with compassion, patience, open-mindedness, and being non-judgmental.

MissPhit January 31st, 2020

I promise all that. Yep. Totally.

rustybell January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, RustyBell, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: RustyBell
Date: 31/1/2020

breesielouisie January 31st, 2020

I, Brianna, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: breesielouisie
Date: 01/02/2020

bellarina74 January 31st, 2020

I, Belinda, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Drewsy January 31st, 2020

@Laura

calmMango9611 January 31st, 2020

I CA, will be kind sweet understand to all on 7cups.

jistme January 31st, 2020

I jistme, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups

Signed: jistme
Date: 1/31/2020

blueCranberry9737 January 31st, 2020

I, Dawn Michelle, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //blueCranberry9737//
Date: 1/31/2019

keithyboi240 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, _red_________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Date: 30/1/2020

politeKite4918 January 31st, 2020

@Laura i agrree with the oath

livnlife January 31st, 2020

@Laura

matticus2000 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, Matticus2000, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Matticus2000//

plumLime3862 January 31st, 2020

@Laura

I, plumLime, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: plumLime
Date: 31/01/2020

goldfish896 January 31st, 2020

I, Goldfish896 , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Goldfish
Date: 01/31/20

GemChaos75 January 31st, 2020

I, Alexander, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: GemChaos
Date: 1/31/20

generousRaspberries8141 January 31st, 2020

i pledge the oath today

thoughtfulStrings9198 January 31st, 2020

I, thoughtfulStrings9198, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: thoughtfulStrings9198

1/31/20

GuyInTheForest January 31st, 2020

I, GuyInTheForest, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

As there are no other avenues to follow to get quick support I will attempt to jump through the required hoops set by admin despite condescending overtones and inaccessibility.

Signed: GuyInTheForest

KalElsIniquity February 1st, 2020

@Laura

I, Kal, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Kal//

Superhuman1 February 1st, 2020

I, Superhuman1, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Superhuman1//
Date: 01/31/2020

anitastar124 February 1st, 2020

I, ___________________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I, _____Anita_______, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

I, _____Anita_______, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

amusingCranberry1537 February 1st, 2020

@Laura

I, AmusingCranberry1537, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Amusing Cranberry1537
Date: January 31, 2020

Dzho February 1st, 2020

@Laura

I, Dz, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: //Dzho//

StringsOfBurden February 1st, 2020

I, _______Strings____________, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: Strings

keylei February 1st, 2020

@keylei

RileyGospodinov February 1st, 2020

I, Riley Gospodinov , pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: RileyGospodinov

AnthonyDJackson February 1st, 2020

@Laura I'm not a listener here, but I accept the oath to adhere all of the community guidlines.

Auwren February 1st, 2020

@LauraI accept this oath and will follow it until i am unable to

CactiJack February 1st, 2020

I, CactiJack, pledge a moral oath before my fellow community members, making them my witnesses, that I read and understood the community guidelines and ensure its compliance during my stay at 7Cups.

Signed: CactiJack
Date: 1/31/20