Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

DID/OSDD Support Chat?

DichotomousDetia August 24th, 2022

Does anyone know if the DID/OSDD support chats are continuing?

Pretty much anyone can host it. i'm not in a place enough yet to dedicate a time to that but if I did it would be afternoon EST in all likelihood.

someone was hosting an 11am EST DID/OSDD support room in the Trauma Room but I haven't heard from them and there's no posts about it.

mytwistedsoul August 24th, 2022

@DichotomousDetia Hey Detia They were still having them but there wasn't one last week. I thought about hosting myself but like you - I'm not really in a place to be able to dedicate to supporting other people in a chat. Sorry I don't have a better answer :/

DichotomousDetia OP August 24th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Good to see you. I don't see one this week either. But as I've been told so far all we have to do is fill out the open-room form and tell a Mod that we want to host. Don't necessarily need to plan it out in advance. I need to clean up some things but maybe when I come back to the computer, if we remember, we can ask them to open it and be a host for today.

@DichotomousDetia I'm not sure where to find the open room form myself. I'll have to figure all this stuff out and maybe we can all take turns if we need to - that way it doesn't fall on just one person

adventurousBranch3786 August 24th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul. Hi you can ask the community moderator on duty to open and close the room for you. The community moderator schedule is in the safety forum. Also you can check around the other rooms for a moderator. Good luck .

@adventurousBranch3786 Hey Branch :) Thank you! I've been scanning through some group support posts - trying to make sense of it all. But the way you wrote it - it seems alot easier

Thank you again ❤️

adventurousBranch3786 August 24th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul. There is a doorkeeper form also like you mentioned. I have only done it the way that I wrote about. If you need anymore explanation just me know.

adventurousBranch3786 August 25th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul. Hi I couldn’t find the schedule for the community moderators in safety. I’m not sure if something was changed. Sorry about that.

@mytwistedsoul. Oops sorry for so many repeat messages. I found the community moderator schedule. It’s now at the doorkeeper form link. Thank you to @NoneTheWiser

@NoneTheWiser. Hi your link has the link for the doorkeeper request form yay !

Kyoshi August 24th, 2022

Hey all!

i still host the open chats on wednesday 12pm et, unfortunately i couldnt make it today and last week due to personal reasons. For the next 2 weeks there also wont be any sessions hosted by me. But on september 14th i will be back for the open chats again

@DichotomousDetia @mytwistedsoul @NoneTheWiser

mytwistedsoul August 25th, 2022

@Kyoshi @NoneTheWiser

Thanks for the info!

mytwistedsoul August 31st, 2022

I hosted today 😬 Guess it went ok - none of the regulars showed up but hey I did it 😅 Gonna go have a panic attack now lol

Thanks again for all the helpful info!

adventurousBranch3786 September 1st, 2022

@mytwistedsoul. I forgot to mention that I felt really anxious the first few times I did a chat too. (I still do sometimes!) ❤️

mytwistedsoul September 1st, 2022

@adventurousBranch3786 I'm glad its not just me. It's alot faster paced than anything in the forums that's for sure. You gotta really be on top of everything being said - to make sure everyone feels seen and heard and I was so worried I was going to mess up and miss someone. I can really understand why the chats only last for so long. And I commend you and everyone that does the chats ❤️

@NoneTheWiser Thank you! It was scary at first tbh - but I did it! 😀

happy-dance.gif

adventurousBranch3786 August 31st, 2022

@mytwistedsoul. Good for you ! 🍾🎈🎊🎉

@adventurousBranch3786 Thank you! ❤️

bluecoine September 8th, 2022

hi, uh, i really hope im not being invasive by not doing my research first but i came across this post searching for did/osdd topics and wanted to ask how do i join events especially as a first timer? im very sorry and i know i can just look up how to on a faq page but i have no energy to and am kind of desperate just to feel involved with system related things

mytwistedsoul September 8th, 2022

@bluecoine Hey :) no worries! You're not being invasive at all! And welcome! There is a section in the community Here that covers DID/OSDD topics. I hope this helps and feel free to ask questions! We'll try to help and answer what we can

@bluecoine Sorry me again lol. I think for chats you need to have fulfill certain requirements those should be covered Here - this link should cover what you need to do to enter the chat room when its open. If it doesn't - we'll help figure it out ok?

bluecoine September 8th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul ok, thank you! i'll let you know if i need help or anything, thank you again for being understanding

@bluecoine You're welcome! I look forward to seeing you around :)

Kyoshi September 8th, 2022

Hello everyone <3 due to personal issues I will be going on a self care break from hosting the DID/OSDD open chat, as for now I don't know yet when I will be active again. I will post here when the open chats will be hosted again by me. In the mean time please feel free to host the open chat until I can again :)

@Kyoshi Hey :) I hope everything will be ok for you. I was going to host another chat but sort of lost track of days this week. I'll try to have things together for next Wednesday

Take good care of yourself Kyo - you'll be missed ❤️

Kyoshi September 8th, 2022

Thank you for hosting the open chats, that's really appreciated:) I will be okay <3

@Kyoshi You're welcome! I'm happy to help out when I can

*sending good vibes to you and yours*

mytwistedsoul September 28th, 2022

I have a complaint. I filled out a door keeper form at 12 - yes it says 5-15 minutes before it's set to open. That was my fault. But it's now 12:45 and still no door keeper. I have contacted the mod that is supposed to be on duty at 12:27 and no answer from them either. What am I supposed to do? There has to be a better way to get things going around here

@mytwistedsoul Make that two Mods now and no answer. Maybe I've been black listed lol - Seriously - not funny. Sorry everyone

adventurousBranch3786 September 28th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul. Hi sometimes when no one showed up ,I used to check the rooms sometimes a mod is in sharing circle or support room.

@adventurousBranch3786 So it's not just me? I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I'll have to keep this in mind when/if it happens again

Thank you for replying Branch ❤️

@mytwistedsoul. No it’s not just you . it can be challenging at times to get the room open!

Kyoshi September 28th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Im sorry no doorkeeper was around, that's very frustrating, I have had issues like that as well, I know there is a request form to open and close rooms but I have to look for it and post it here if I find it.

@mytwistedsoul sometimes they change the mod schedule after it has been posted.

@Kyoshi Hey Kya :) Thank you - that's the form I had filled out though. Maybe it got lost in the nether or something

Thank you again ❤️

@mytwistedsoul

Ooh I wasn't aware of that, I'm sorry it still didn't open :/

@Kyoshi No worries :) someone did actually get back to me two hours later lol and said about how I should have filled out the form :/

Told them I did but nothing come of it - they apologized and I worked off the frustration 😅

Hope you're doing ok Kyo *boy autocorrect doesn't like the abbreviation for your name* ❤️

@mytwistedsoul

aw 2 hours later is so late :/ im sorry about the frustration.

im doing alright, i might try coming back to host next week depending how i feel then :) i will keep you all updated here if anything changes :)

i hope everyone is doing alright as well?

mytwistedsoul September 29th, 2022

@Kyoshi Yeah it was alittle too late. I thought about it for a minute but realized it would cause some trouble on my end and I wouldn't be able to focus on the chat

I'm glad you're doing all right - don't feel you have to come back if you're not ready. I mean I'll be glad when you're back but I don't want you to feel you have to ok?

We're functioning - the usual for us :) Thank you

Take care ok?

Kyoshi October 5th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

hey everyone! I will be hosting the DID/OSDD open chat today (in an hour) :) hope to see you there!