Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the community

Love220 July 24th

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the community. I'm a clinical psychologist by the way and a listener as well on 7 Cups. I wanted to share that I got a good experience from listening to people here which added to my career as a therapist.

I write articles about mental health and arts as well. Looking forward to sharing them soon with you.

Have a nice day!

GoldenRuleJG July 28th

Thank you for your contributions and sharing your experiences - This can help people who are new to the site and get a glimpse of what to expect🤍

Love220 OP July 28th

@GoldenRuleJG thanks! I'm willing to do my best.

Angelcake74 July 28th

@Love220

Hey. I have just signed up for this as I'm struggling with social anxiety and loneliness as the social services have taken two of my three children away from me when all I needed was support. My boy who's 8 found it hard to get to sleep without his Nintendo but when I took it off him he banged the walls and threw stuff which upset the neighbours and nearly cost me my home but I asked numerous times for help but never got it. Now he's in foster until he's 18. Life is so unfair. They even made my partner move out, now he's got his own flat but says I'm not allowed there for three weeks as they need to see he's a good tenant first!! And he never wants to meet up much. I am so lonely. Even the few friends I have don't bother, they only reply if I text first. I don't know that I've done wrong. I've had past emotional abusive relationships which is always in the back of my mind and I do think too much. My partner is a chatterbox, wish I was like him but with all the trauma I have been through over the years with my ex's, I struggle with conversation. 

Love220 OP July 28th

@Angelcake74 I'm so sorry that you have been through all of these traumas and anxiety. Past traumas can bring a lot of stress when we face new challenges especially if they were related to the traumas. I hope you overcome all this and I encourage you to be diligent in fighting stress and your past traumas. And remember, everything can be solved :)

Rizuemu000 July 29th

@Love220

It's wonderful to have you here, your insights and experiences will undoubtedly be valuable to many of us.

Love220 OP July 29th

@Rizuemu000 I'm willing to do my best :) thank you

matshidiey08 July 30th

Can we please have a chat

amiablePeace77 July 30th

@matshidiey08

Sorry but members can only chat with other members in the forums or in discussions and open chats or other events but not message each other. If a member has a listener account they can talk to you on that account though.

diligentKiwi2473 August 2nd

Hi 😊 👋🏻 welcome. Thank you for being a listener on this app and I'm glad you help people who need it via the listening option on this app. Hopefully we can chat sometime as I'd love to set up something somewhat consistent with a psychologist. Even if I were about once every 3 months.

Have a great day 😊

radiantDreamer August 4th

@Love220

Welcome! That's great to learn that you are having a positive experience here. Have a good time here, all the best.