Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lessons we learned

amiablePeace77 September 6th

Tough experiences in life can be challenging but they can also teach us. 

What’s a hard lesson that you were grateful to learn?

Kindly click here and fill out this short form to add or remove your names from the taglist Taglist

Taglist Updated 9/03/24 @4Jasmine @Admirablerainbow2825 @adventureawaits777 @adventurousBranch3786 @AlexMbale @allen99 @allnaturalWillow7138 @alysianna @ambitiousGlobe3422 @ambitioushope1234 @amiablePeace77 @Ashy123 @augustine1304 @balderasdavid799 @BeamsOfHope00 @Beepyy @bence2  @bestThinker1986 @BlackyDragon @blissedNblessed @bluelemon6419 @bobw @bouncyFireworks3811 @blueAcai236 @Brittanny17 @candybubblegumsprinkles  @calmcoral @CaringSub  @CatHanderOutNoah  @Catunion @charmaeausty @courageousPomegranate766  @creativeCar5713 @creatingHealthyOutcome @crystalclearnow @CyclingThroughLife @daydreammemories @dlynn88911221 @Desmynn6789 @dysfunctionjunction1224 @EllyMerelyn @emotionalPenguin4374 @empathicPresence9091 @endure777 @enthusiasticAcai2032 @enthusiasticBeach8170 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @exuberantStrawberries9544 @FaithMagic @fearlessCup8704  @FleurdeNeige @FlowerEV777 @FracturedPurple @Fradiga @fruityPond7887 @Genlistener @geribear @Gettingbettertoday @Ghasaq997 @GlitteryHearts @GoldenNest2727 @gregariousField7151 @gva1audi @hardworkingBeechwood6063 @heartstopper13 @helpfulDime0407 @Hereforyouall144 @hopefaith2011 @imaginativepear6493 @ingeniousLove9924 @intuitivepixie1331 @Jordan1872 @k87 @Kenn13chan @kindcircle3085 @kateeew @kindRiver6 @Lauren63  @Leahm9703 @LillyPad12345 @LisaMeighanMBPsS @lovelycoacoa @magneticDreamer6447 @meaningfulSilence @mia4819 @Mich765 @mindtalk @miraculousTouch2949 @miresama @modestTangerine2193 @MoonMomm @Mscooper2789 @mytwistedsoul @navyAcres6073 @nessa104 @NotAllHere713 @oa4me @Oceansky93 @OneErased @onkia122 @orangypie @paperBird3348 @patientwater @peacefulRainbow05 @peachyOctopus9691 @PhilosophicalModel @PiecesOfWhoeverIWas @PinkTriangle133 @pioneeringHuman7775 @politeGrapefruit179 @pompom @PurpleHearts7 @QueerChaos259 @rachelkb123 @raddogme @Rainboho @Randumuser1 @redirecting @reguna reservedOwl6476@fighton @reservedPark4029 @Rod88 @RogueOne1983 @sandie @Scarletpear1945 @ShapeshiftSystem @SilverSeastar @SleepingFoxAkari @slothgurl17 @soulsings @SparklyFly @sorrowedbunny1256 @SpongeBob2021 @Squidward @stephbrent @SugareeIsMe091121 @summerkay2024 @tallWalker4850 @ThadSterling @theroadisbright @thesoda @thoughtsbubbleexpress @ThoughtfulMomma @tifecandy @tinywhisper11 @tiredbubble00 @toughLand5970 @UniversalSmile @warmheart0890 @WentToBruv @waves @WorriedMagpie @WorkingitThrough2 @yzzil @zeffa @Zeraphim @Zsazsa524

SummerKay2024 September 6th

@amiablePeace77

Addiction & Sobriety 

🐡✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

amiablePeace77 OP September 6th

@SummerKay2024

To me everyone who overcomes addiction is a hero! 👍

soulsings September 8th

@SummerKay2024 that is a hard lesson to learn. I found it easier to follow any impulse than to lead a life with discipline and purpose. 

But when I found out the results of such a life it was easier to reign in that wildness. 

SummerKay2024 September 8th

@soulsings

Love ur words 

When I think of relapse ..I remind myself what I overcame and to focus on the root cause of my self destructive behaviors 🫶🐡✨️✨️✨️

Zeraphim September 6th

I learned from childhood abuse how much it hurts to be treated that way and what behaviours towards others to avoid repeating, so as to never make others feel what I went through - to the very best of my ability.

amiablePeace77 OP September 6th

@Zeraphim

The hardest experiences can increase empathy in a person. I wish though you would not have had to go through it. 💙

Zeraphim September 6th

@amiablePeace77 Thank you. It's a good thing empathy is a learnable skill and trauma isn't necessary to improve <3

Feelfree667 September 9th

@Zeraphim

Is it really very nice thing to get this lesson. What happened to yourself is really heartbroken. But you decide that you will not give anyone those things is really a step towards breaking a cycle of trauma.

akunknown September 7th

@amiablePeace77

I learned how to be empathetic and kind and respectful and everything else positive towards others as well as myself along with being my authentic myself and accepting me as I am without caring how others feel about me. And of course to never give up and take any and every win no matter how big or small or when or where or how the win happened. I’ve also learned to accept every challenge that comes to me and even taking the challenge despite not winning it is a win in itself. I’ve also learned to always appreciate and be proud of myself and keep telling myself how proud I am of me. 

I know you asked for one lesson so sorry for giving so many more but these were too inspiring for whoever reads it not to add them. 

amiablePeace77 OP September 7th

@akunknown

From what you wrote I believe you are a true friend to yourself! 👍

I love and agree to what you said about " taking the challenge despite not winning it is a win in itself". 

akunknown September 9th

@amiablePeace77

I am most definitely my closet, most trusted/trustworthy and most best friend. 

Glad you loved what I said about challenges and taking it bc I meant every word of it I said. Hopefully it inspires or influences someone to take the challenge rather than just say no to it. 

BlueDarkAurora September 7th

@amiablePeace77 That life doesn't stop no matter who leaves or stays. We have to keep going.

amiablePeace77 OP September 7th

@BlueDarkAurora

I very much agree with you - keep going!

Admirablerainbow2825 September 8th

@amiablePeace77

Tough experiences in life can be challenging but they can also teach us. 

Be empathic to people is a hard lesson I learned that I am grateful for.

amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@Admirablerainbow2825

Nice that you feel gratitude for what you learned!

Kaydeee September 9th

@amiablePeace77 Speak up for yourself,  your feelings are as valid as theirs

BlueDarkAurora September 9th

@Kaydeee true<3

amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@Kaydeee

You Matter!

NotAllHere713 September 9th

@amiablePeace77 

The hard lesson I learned is that I can survive on my own. I moved to Miami for school- with no family or friends, and for the first few months I had only $300. I learned how to go hungry. I learned what being a hurricane feels like and going to a tent city for food in the aftermath. I learned I like earthquakes better. 

amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@NotAllHere713

You have a hard time behind you, and I could imagine it made you stronger than you ever were. I hope things will get easier in future.

Feelfree667 September 9th

@amiablePeace77

Iam grateful to learn hard lessons is accept oneself in any circumstances. 

amiablePeace77 OP Monday

@Feelfree667

Accept oneself in any circumstances! 👍

@amiablePeace77

Death is inevitable. Losing a loved one is something we all have to go through at some point in life. It's one of those unavoidable phases of life. 

amiablePeace77 OP Tuesday

@trueconfidant123

I agree trueconfidant. Enjoy the moments you have together. 

trueconfidant123 Wednesday

@amiablePeace77

brown-line.gif

alysianna Monday

@amiablePeace77

i did not learn this it just hit harder 3 years ago when i was a freshman. ppl are jerks and if you even seem slightly diffrent ppl shy away from you but if you have a para the will be like to negitive sides of a magnet and i knew this but when  me and my friends who are eather asd have a para or are blind hit highschool well ot hit harder and i being who i am gravitated twords them so now i have the best friends ever and traslate ASD english into "nyrotypical" englesh and vice versa most of the day and act as a human guid albite not a good one but still a funny one so yay

amiablePeace77 OP Tuesday

@alysianna

I am glad that you made best friends with those people. I believe that people who live with challenges have a greater understanding of how hard life can be and embrace others with more empathy.