Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Day 1: 25 Days of Gratitude, Self-Care and Personal Growth

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS December 1st, 2023

pasted-image-0_1701461052.png

Hi everyone,

7 Cups has an exciting online therapy update to share this month. To celebrate, we’re doing 25 days of Gratitude, Self-Care, and Personal Growth and please keep checking each day for updates! Some of you may not celebrate Christmas and we have designed the content to be open for everyone to get involved and there will be something for everyone! 🌻

The focus will be on expressing our gratitude, developing self-care approaches, and working on our personal growth together. This is a 25-day event and on each day that you come to 7 Cups, there will be a gift from us at 7 Cups to all of you and this will include a series of thoughtful new content to get involved with. It is our way of expressing our gratitude towards you all, as each of you makes 7 Cups the amazing community that it is! We are so excited to collaborate with you all and cannot wait to hear from you all! 

🌻Please share: who is someone that really listens to you when you talk, and how does that make you feel?🌻

Photo by Joanne Kosinka on Unsplash

Please RSVP by subscribing to this main post as we introduce each new post every day!

Day 2:  Setting Positive Intentions: Let's Set Some Together!

Day 3: Using Affirmations to Increase your Overall Wellbeing

✨ Day 4: Developing a Growth Mindset: How did you foster a positive learning attitude?

✨ Day 53 Things I Like About Myself - A share of self-discovery!

✨ Day 6: 3 Things I am Grateful for

Day 7: Focusing on What Brings You Meaning and Purpose in Life

Day 8: Recognising Your Strengths

Day 9: 3 Grounding Techniques to Feel Calmer

Day 10: Unhelpful Thinking Styles and How to Nurture a Growth Mindset

✨ Day 11: Loneliness During the Holidays: Finding Connection and Support

✨ Day 12: The Therapists' Toolbox

Day 13: That went well technique

Day 14: Happiness Scale

Day 15: Navigating the Comfort, Discomfort, and Panic Zones: A Guide to Growth

Day 16: The Importance of Digital Detox

Day 17: Tips and Prompts for Effective Gratitude Journaling

✨ Day 18: What's in your Worry Jar? 

Day 19: Identifying and Overcoming Self-Limiting Beliefs

✨ Day 20Recipes for Relaxation

✨ Day 21: The Art of Saying No: Setting Boundaries for Self-Care

✨ Day 22: Small Achievable Goals: Ready, Set, Accomplish!

✨ Day 23: Setting Mindful Resolutions

✨ Day 24End of the Year Gratitude Jar: A Collective Celebration

✨ Day 25: Share Your Wish for 7 Cups for 2024!

@adventureawaits777 @adventorousBranch3786 @allen99 @allnaturalWillow7138 @ambitiusGlobe3422 @ambitioushope1234 @amiablePeace77 @Ashy123 @augustine1304 @balderasdavid799 @BeamsOfHope00 @Beepyy @bestThinker1986 @blissedNblessed @CaringSub @Brittanny17 @calmcoral @charmaeausty @courageousPomegranate766 @creativeCar5713 @crystalclearnow @CyclingThroughLife @dlynn88911221 @Desmynn6789 @dysfunctionjunction1224 @EllyMerelyn @empathicPresence9091 @enthusiasticAcai2032 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @exuberantStrawberries9544 @FaithMagic @FlowerEV777 @FracturedPurple @Fradiga @fruityPond7887 @geribear @Ghasaq997 @GlitteryHearts @GoldenNest2727 @heartstopper13 @helgafy @helpfulDime0407 @iamwhoiamwhoami @imaginativepear6493 @ingeniousLove9924 @Jordan1872 @k87 @Kenn13chan @kindcircle3085 @kindRiver6 @Lauren63 @Leahm9703 @LisaMeighanMBPsS @lovelycoacoa @meaningfulSilence @mia4819 @Mich765 @miresama @modestTangerine2193 @MoonMomm @Mscooper2789 @mytwistedsoul @nessa104 @NotAllHere713 @oa4me @Oceansky93 @OneErased @onkia122 @orangypie @paperBird3348 @patientwater @peacefulRainbow05 @PhilosophicalModel @PinkTriangle133 @politeGrapefruit179 @QueerChaos259 @Randumuser1 @Rebecca @redirecting @reservedPark4029 @Rod88 @RogueOne1983 @Scarletpear1945 @ShapeshiftSystem @SilverSeastar @slothgurl17 @soulsings @SparklyFly @sorrowedbunny1256 @SpongeBob2021 @stephbrent @SugareeIsMe091121 @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @tallWalker4850 @TannDee @ThadSterling @thesoda @thoughtsbubbleexpress @tinywhisper11 @tifecandy @toughLand5970 @UniversalSmile @warmheart0890 @WentToBruv @waves @WorriedMagpie @WorkingitThrough2 @yzzil

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
GlenM December 1st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS my wife listens to me and supports me and believes in what we are doing o 7 Cups. As you all might imagine, there have been challenges along the way. She is consistently there, listening/reflecting and helping me sort through things. It makes me feel thankful, hopeful, and empowered.

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 1st, 2023

@GlenM

Thank you for sharing Glen! You both clearly are so supportive of one another and I find it very inspiring to hear how 7 Cups first began and that was when you were having a discussion with your wife and realising that not everyone felt heard. Your wife is an amazing listener and one that is very uplifting. ⭐

SoulfullyAButterfly December 1st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS super exciting! Thank you so much for organizing this great event and I can't wait for the community to celebrate the therapy update with you 💗

We are so excited to be sharing great content with the community during these 25 days everyone. Here's to festive flourishing.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Festive flourishing! I like that :) Thank you for dropping by, Soulfully! 

SoulfullyAButterfly December 1st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS 

Someone who truly listened to me in-depth was my late grandfather. It is an amazing and precious thing at times to be listened to. 

I enjoy listening to others and helping them explore things for this reason - the team exploration on things sometimes leads to amazing insights as well.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Your late grandfather would be so proud of your work to help others feel better and flourish. He sounded like an incredible person to have as a grandparent and it sounded like he brought you closer to your passion of actively listening to others. He sounded so supportive and encouraging. :) 

adventurousBranch3786 December 1st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS. My partner is good for listening to some difficult subjects and gives advice that are worth considering. I am thankful for this.

soulsings December 2nd, 2023

@adventurousBranch3786 you are very fortunate.

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 2nd, 2023

This is so good to hear! I’m glad you feel supported in your relationship.

Heather225 December 1st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

merry-christmas-gift.gif

can't wait for us all to unwrap this great content!!!!!!!

Me too H! :) 🎁

amiablePeace77 December 1st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Who is someone that really listens to you when you talk, and how does that make you feel?

When I talk to my best friend abroad I feel heard, she really listens and tries to understand me. It gives me comfort. 

It is so great to hear about your best friend providing support to you! You are a fantastic listener and I am so sure they are very grateful for all of your kindness and support!

soulsings December 1st, 2023

I have a listener here at 7 Cups that really helps me feel understood. 

It is so great to hear you’ve got a supportive listener at 7 Cups! We all need to feel heard. :)

TheSunIsUpTheSkyIsBlue December 1st, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS 

Please share: who is someone that really listens to you when you talk, and how does that make you feel?

My close friend Tim is someone that really listens to me when I talk lately. It makes me feel relieved and relaxed, because I've been scared of how I feel lately and I know I don't talk like my normal self. But he still listens. He has been by my side as much as he physically can since I opened up to him about what has been going on. I was a bit worried, because we had a couple misunderstandings which had separated us totally. After I was in hospital and very unwell, I thought to try reaching out for so many reasons and I'm so glad I did. Now, I think him and I both see how that our misunderstandings were a side effect of my declining health and we're both much more understanding now. That also makes me feel hopeful about restoring other relationships possibly. 

Tim sounds like a great friend and it is lovely to hear he is always by your side. Sometimes our relationships can become even stronger when we experience challenges. Thank you for sharing this with us!

cloudySummer December 2nd, 2023

Noone really, which makes me feel 'different'. I mean, except for a patient and free AI, lol, but I don't think that counts.

7 Cups is here for you and I hope you can reach out today to someone who will be around to listen to you. I’m glad you reached out and told us how you feel as that took strength.

KaliWolfie December 2nd, 2023

@sophiasanae

Has been an amazing listener and has been there for me for years. I consider her not only an amazing listener but a great friend as well. There's been times in my life, I've been at my lowest and have thought all was lost, yet she was there to show me the beauty in life again. So thank you Sophia for always offering a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen. It means more to me than you'll ever know. 🤗

sophiasanae December 2nd, 2023

@KaliWolfie

Literally the sweetest! Thank you so much!

Thank you for everything that you do to provide a supportive and safe space for people to share what is on their mind.

It shows just how encouraging and kind your listener has been through many of your experiences in life. It must feel so comforting to know they are by your side. Thank you for sharing how wonderful your listener is! I am very sure your listener is going to go on to help many more people at 7 Cups.

bouncyMusic133 December 2nd, 2023

my sisters are my listeners. I am so thankful to have them in my life and it makes me feel so happy to know that I have someone to confide to.

It is so good to hear how close you are with your sisters! It must be great to have their support in your life and to know you’ve got people to confide in.

Does anyone else have any experiences about when someone has listened to them and how it has made them feel? 😊

Acerin December 3rd, 2023

Yes. There has been that . It was wonderful I goofed up on it. . Trying to build my own self and looking got help thete

gbrenna December 2nd, 2023

My therapist really listens to me. My family doesn't really understand what I'm going through.

soulsings December 2nd, 2023

@gbrenna I hear you. Sorry things are difficult with your family. 

My family is living on a different planet. They do not even see the world as I do.

LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP December 4th, 2023

@gbrenna

I am so sorry to hear about your family, as family dynamics can be challenging and I want you to know that you're not alone in the experiences you're having with your family. I am so glad your therapist has made a difference in your life. It is so good to hear you do have a person you know will listen! 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 2nd, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Hey hey Lisa, good to see you always.🌻

Thank you for this special gift, looking forward to the prompts!🥰

🌻Please share: who is someone that really listens to you when you talk, and how does that make you feel?🌻

I'm not a talker but what comes closest to a response here is my journal, I think hehe. Very patient lol. 

During nights it feels like a lot, my journal comes to rescue and it makes me feel comforted to have the safe space to let out a little something! 🌻

How about yourself, Lisa?🌻

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Sunisshining, it is so lovely to see you and all of your lovely sunflowers. You shine brightly and your wonderful and uplifting messages are great to read.🌻

Writing in your journal is so therapeutic. Did you know we have a journal feature at 7 Cups too? It is so great your journal helps you to release those thoughts and is your safe space. Writing is such a great release and often when we go back to our entries we can join the dots together and identify patterns too. 

Great question. I am very fortunate to have many people around whom I can trust and I am so grateful for them all. My husband and one of my closest friends are fantastic listeners and I often go to them when I have something I need to share. Having them both around feels like a very safe space to share and we all need to have a safe space to share what is on our minds. 

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

Aw it took me a little time getting back to this, but I just want to say this has been an amazing initiative and I'm so thankful for your sweet appreciative comments always. Really great to read from you and see you around here as well, Lisa.❤

Yesss, the 7 cups journal feature is pretty awesome. I like that we can also add gifs in it lol, so on days I don't feel very 'wordy' I throw in some gifs hehe. Other times, I'm very old school and prefer pen-paper for journaling, so I have my diary for it.

I am sooo glad your husband and closest friend offer you the safe space to lean onto them in your times of need/ want for a compassionate, non judgement company. You're spot on, having someone who says "here for you" and actually means it while showing us the same in ways we feel most supported is extremely important.🌻

communicativePond1728 December 3rd, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

So many people have listened to me. The quality may not always be consistent across the board, but the lessons and blessings gained make up for it. And then some.  

@communicativePond1728

It is a skill to be a good listener and thankfully we have so many amazing listeners here at 7 Cups. Sometimes it can take time to learn to be a good listener as we can be tempted to always have a response or the right answer but mostly what we need is someone just to listen to us without judgement or advice. That is so great to hear you listen to those messages from people who have listened to you and feel like they are a blessing. :) 

December 3rd, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS  i dont have anyone to listen, instead i m a listener to all in my life n try my best to support them emotionally😊

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THIS WORLD

@AutisticYouth

I am so sure the people around you appreciate all of the fantastic support that you provide them. It's also important especially when we are that person that gives emotional support to others that we have a place where we can share as well. I hope you're able to find this. 

Acerin December 3rd, 2023

Right now I came here to talk to someone. My anxiety and fear sometimes gets into my daily life. I want to connect..to friends and feel better

@Acerin

We are so glad you are here with us at 7 Cups. :)

BenittaJ December 3rd, 2023

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS My friends listen to all my stories. they help me to vent out