Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forum Functionality: Provide Feedback Here!

theriverissinging March 31st, 2022

Hello, everyone!

As you might be aware, there are some on-going forum changes taking place. You can use this thread to provide any feedback, suggestions on forum functionality (functions, features, utility, any technical aspects only) or bugs that you encounter.

This is mainly being done to help keep things organized as it can be hard to gather it from various places/people and ease up the process for everyone to pass on feedback further to the 7 Cups team.

We encourage everyone to use this thread for its purpose anytime and use it for only that. Kindly review this post for any other feedback/behavior reports that don't involve forum functionality.

mytwistedsoul September 17th, 2023

None of the buttons at the top work. Anyone else having this problem?

AffyAvo September 18th, 2023

Anyone still here?

AffyAvo September 18th, 2023

@AffyAvo Most of the site seems to be down, but I can still post. Can't edit.

Able to edit again.

MistyMagic September 18th, 2023

@AffyAvo I got kicked out and can't make any functions work

AffyAvo September 19th, 2023

@MistyMagic Hopefully things are mostly back to normal now!

IsayUncle September 19th, 2023

@theriverissinging

I saw and liked seeing the authors posts below their bio for a moment there. I wish that would continue with the ability of the author to make their individual posts private or public.

I think that would be an awesome way for the community get to know each other a lot better and still maintain private conversations with issues that we wanna keep private.

There seems to be very few ongoing in-depth conversations within the community. Everything seems like they are one liners of encouragement and geared towards one-on-one instead of a group or community conversation with daily interaction on a subject to build on in the regular threads.

I know there's chat rooms and stuff like that but those chat rooms seemed like speed talking and I tried them a few times and it it doesn't serve a purpose for me. For others it might be great and that's awesome.

I liked seeing a friends other conversations and interests. I would like other people to see my conversations so they know what I'm interested in and what I'm all about.

AffyAvo September 20th, 2023

I love the ability to see recent forum threads on profiles - it is helpful with modding.

I wish thought it was actually posts and not just threads! (or give us another way to see this). The threads are easier to catch with modding, it's the posts within a thread that tend to slip through.

Jon7Cups September 25th, 2023

@AffyAvo good idea to add comments to profiles too. Will look into it.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 21st, 2023

Not entirely sure if this counts under forum functionality, but I'd like to mention still.

Earlier, we could go to a certain profile by simply clicking on the profile picture/ username, in the forums as well, however post the recent-most update, I noticed with *some* profiles now that they show as "not found" as the url seems broken now. Something to look into, perhaps? Thank you!

Jon7Cups September 25th, 2023

Hey @Sunisshiningandsoareyou - that should only happen when the profile has been removed or deleted. If you spot that its happening when the profile hasn't been deleted, please let me know.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 25th, 2023

@Jon7Cups

Oh the ones I noticed then were for profiles for active users/ accounts, which is what made it more surprising!

For instance, right in this thread, when I click on the OP (theriverissinging) 's username, their profile opens up, but when I click on their profile picture, the small pop up prompt shows up but then leads me to a "not found" page.

Similarly noticed for some other threads, on a random observation, I find this issue is typically for the Original Poster's profile pictures, works fine when I click on profile pictures of those who commented to the threads, usually!

Noticing the same with my threads too, when I click on my profile picture it shows "not found"!

Thanks for your reply and for looking into this!

BlueRivercares September 25th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou +1 happening when i check my own profile from a thread i have made

Helgafy September 25th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

lol Sun - I experience the same: "Not found".

Jon7Cups September 26th, 2023

Good catch @Sunisshiningandsoareyou!

Will get this bug squashed!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 26th, 2023

@Jon7Cups I'm adding "good at catching bugs" in my resume soon haha! 🤣 Thank youuu so much!

Jon7Cups September 28th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou this bug should be squashed now! Let me know if you see it still happening anywhere.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 28th, 2023

@Jon7Cups

Woo, thank you for the update. It seems to be squashed now, yay us for catching the big and yay y'all for squashing the bug! Teamwork!🤝🥳

IsayUncle September 25th, 2023

@theriverissinging

image_1695654761.png

I love the connecting threads or conversation tree to the posts.
That is so freaking awesome and whoever did that, did a great thing! 😃

I hope it stays that way. It's really nice to see the direction of the conversation and how comments are relative to each other.

MistyMagic September 27th, 2023

@Jon7Cups I can't seem to move/relocate any threads or see the location where they are posted?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Jon7Cups September 27th, 2023

@MistyMagic have added to the list for engineering team to look into

MistyMagic September 27th, 2023

@Jon7Cups Thanks!

HealingTalk September 30th, 2023

No notification from tags. Featured thread notifications not working on website.

Again I have found posts for me where I was tagged that I didn't receive any notification.

It has happened before. I made a post on this thread about it (and the featured threads issue): https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/Siteupdatesandchanges_2007/ForumFunctionalityProvideFeedbackHere_274852/?post=3356661

I think it's a minority of the total posts tagging me.

This is serious to me nonetheless because some people will think I am ignoring them.

And some notifications from tags in taglists might not reach the intended audience (this I don't know now for sure).

Something that also happens often: if the answered post was upvoted, there are no notifications of posts answering it, but only 1 notification for the last upvote.

Featured thread notifications continue not working on the website. They do in the phone app though.

HealingTalk October 4th, 2023

I keep getting "API Errors"

I get stuck in the post editor like it didn't post the text but it does post it.

It happens when it has more than 1 tag. So the problem is the tags, I think. That makes me think maybe it can't send notifications to some tags and it gets stuck.

In this case 6 tags at 10:30 ET October 4

It also happened last Sunday 7 pm ET with a large taglist for my Grief & Loss Check-in.

I am worried that some tagged people won't receive notifications of my post.

Screenshot 10:30 ET October 4 answering the Community Update:

api-error_1696431089.jpg

Jon7Cups October 5th, 2023

Hi @HealingTalk - yes tags are really buggy I'm afraid. They might need a rebuild from the ground up but there is no quick fix that we're aware of. But know that its on the list to get done!

HealingTalk October 5th, 2023

@Jon7Cups

Thank you Jon for acknowledging the issue!

It is reassuring that you are well aware, and that it is on the technical team's to-do list.

I hope it's fixed soon as well as the "featured thread" notifications on the website.

All the best!

Marcelo.

Marcelo.

MistyMagic October 5th, 2023

@HealingTalk I don't think it is tags as my team gets that error and we only have a few tags lol and they are all active profiles as we use the checker for each list. Usually, we find it is the picture, we have to post, then go back and edit in the pictures.

But the 'Featured' tag isn't working and it is so crucial as you have mentioned so many times, especially when trying to grow a new community.

HealingTalk October 5th, 2023

@MistyMagic

Hi, Misty!

In this case there was no picture, just plain text and 6 tags. I had Api errors copy-pasting pictures. They looked ok in the post editor but wouldn't allow me to post.

For pictures, I upload them already compressed just below 50 kb and 500 x 500 pixels, the maximum weight and dimensions I infer the platform admits now.

If you upload something bigger and/or heavier, the website software does the compression with unpredictable results.

I use this (free) image compressor that allows me to fine-tune the compression so the image is the least damaged possible: https://jpeg.compressor.software and also has reliable resizing algorithms.

And yes, tags and "featured thread" notifications are indispensable for promoting engagement in a community, particularly a small new one.

I wish it had a higher priority over other things that are much more visible, but not as important by far.

Jon7Cups October 6th, 2023

@MistyMagic featured tags work as per normal on the mobile app. On the website, we tested moving them to the /forum page as one of the filters on the posts. This lead to more interactions with upvoted posts (notifications bell was less messy). But we plan to still move them back to the notifications bell in the coming days.

MistyMagic October 6th, 2023

@Jon7Cups something weird has happened to all the posts after the time out just now? I don't know how to describe it but some characters seem to be messed up 😱

Jon7Cups October 9th, 2023

@MistyMagic yes its really annoying :(. We're looking into it. 

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 6th, 2023

Something happened to the emojis site-wide, it seems? They show up as random characters currently! 

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou ah I was trying to figure the common denominator, it's emojis 😁😁😁😁. Just posted 4 smiley faces to see if new ones are affected too 

@MistyMagic lol Misty, we caught the same bug at the same time, this is a buggy-coincidence!😂

Yess, its emojis, I think! And tried it too, it seems to have gone wrong for all the previously posted forums, I also notice the same in personal messages here.😮

Hopefully this gets sorted soon, the posts without their emoticons feel very different. (': 

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou oooh nuuuu now I caught your bug of being head bug detector 😁

@MistyMagic seems only previously posted are affected, much like happened some time ago. This thread has a good example lol  https://www.7cups.com/forum/crafts/Makingthingsjewellerybeadingmore_2616/OldJeansNewLife_314426/?post=33757677

@MistyMagic

Aww I don't mind letting you catch my head-bug-detector-bug xD more, the buggierrr!🤣

Omigosh yesss, I've seen many of these posts too and if they've stayed the same, could it mean this time too the characters would stay and the emojis won't be back? I hope not.😭 

@MistyMagic it's not just emojis though, some words too. 

LoveMyMoonflowers October 6th, 2023

@MistyMagic

Hehe yes I’ve noticed that too! :0 

MistyMagic October 12th, 2023

Just testing

Jon7Cups October 6th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Good spot all. We're looking into it!