Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forum Functionality: Provide Feedback Here!

theriverissinging March 31st, 2022

Hello, everyone!

As you might be aware, there are some on-going forum changes taking place. You can use this thread to provide any feedback, suggestions on forum functionality (functions, features, utility, any technical aspects only) or bugs that you encounter.

This is mainly being done to help keep things organized as it can be hard to gather it from various places/people and ease up the process for everyone to pass on feedback further to the 7 Cups team.

We encourage everyone to use this thread for its purpose anytime and use it for only that. Kindly review this post for any other feedback/behavior reports that don't involve forum functionality.

HealingTalk January 13th, 2023

@NoneTheWiser

That "Featured Thread" notifications stopped working in the Trauma Subcom after the restructuring is a significant clue for the programmers to find its cause, I think.

In the case of AS and DS, it hasn't been working at least since mid-2022. Most probably earlier according to comments I received at that time.

I hope this new info helps solve all these issues.

Tagging: @CheeryMango @MistyMagic

HealingTalk January 13th, 2023

@CheeryMango @MistyMagic

This issue of "Featured Thread" notifications not working affects the Trauma Support Subcommunity as well.

MistyMagic January 14th, 2023

@HealingTalk Can you please just clarify what you feel isn't working with the Featured thread?

On the app the Featured Thread is highlighted in blue and appears at the top.

On the browser (for most sub-communities) I can see blue notifications such as:-

_1673712242.feat.jpg

so is it just Trauma and Anxiety that are not working?

Or are you flagging that when clicking on the notification it takes us to the sub-community page but is not linked to the actual featured post?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

HealingTalk January 14th, 2023

@MistyMagic

It's not about how the "Featured Thread" looks like.

It's about the NOTIFICATION.

When you define a thread as "Featured Thread" by pressing the star over the thread, a NOTIFICATION I sent to all the subcommunity subscribers with a format like:

New Hobby Zone Community Featured Thread
Strategies to Save Without Sacrificing a New Hobby!

This is what has not been working in DS and AS as long as I entered the Subcomunities.

I am at your disposal for further explanation if necessary.

@MistyMagic

I mean it does not send any NOTIFICATION to the Subcommunity subscribers (with the link to the corresponding post).

@MistyMagic

This issue has been affecting for long Depression Support and Anxiety Support subcommunities.

Since the subcommunities restructuring, it has affected also Trauma Support subcomunity.

HealingTalk January 21st, 2023

@CheeryMango @MistyMagic

Hi!

I see that now making a thread "Featured Thread" in both Anxiety Support and Depression Support does send a notification.

A significant step forward!

Clicking these notifications does not lead to the corresponding thread, though.

I have "inspected" the links and they point to the corresponding Subcommunities, not to the "Featured" threads that originated the notification.

So no matter from what thread the notification came, the links are always the same:

https://www.7cups.com/home/anxiety/

https://www.7cups.com/home/depression/

I hope it is just in the trial phase and will work 100% well soon.

Thank you for taking care of this!

RarelyCharlie January 14th, 2023

Using this listener account, which I cannot use to sign up for therapy, I'm nevertheless seeing an ad for therapy on the forum's search results page. I don't remember seeing it before.

Charlie

AffyAvo January 16th, 2023

The forum search is missing things. Ie. This won't come up searching Affy's

https://www.7cups.com/forum/GeneralSupport_28/DiaryEntries_1597/Affysthoughts_271746/

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 18th, 2023

Hello hello everyone! Long time no see! XD

I don't see the "join a community" or the "leave this community" (I hope I got the phrases right, been a while) buttons on sub community home-pages anymore. Have they been removed or umm just hidden somewhere?😮 [currently using cups on mobile browser]

RarelyCharlie January 18th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou They seem to be hidden on small screens.

Charlie

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 18th, 2023

@RarelyCharlie

ah makes sense, I switched to desktop version and found them 😮 under "info" (join/ leave) now. I wonder if other people find it easily!

mytwistedsoul January 19th, 2023

It sure would be nice if clicking on the featured thread tag actually took me to that thread

Clicking on an upvote of mine takes me to the actual post but clicking a reply to me does not. I seem to spend an awful amount of time just trying to find things 😕

CheeryMango January 19th, 2023

Hi all!

Regarding the Featured Thread issue: It seems as though it is expanding to other communities and not functioning as it should. The dev team has it listed to be checked into next week.

1. @mytwistedsoul "clicking on the featured thread tag actually took me to that thread" -- This is connected to the issue that the others have shared about not being able to feature threads in the community so once the actual button is fixed, it should take you to the featured thread as it used to before.
  2. The therapy ad should only be visible on member accounts, not listeners. This will be removed next week from the listener side to not encourage seeking support on listener accounts. Thank you for flagging this @RarelyCharlie.

Still going through the replies in the thread so I will update!

mytwistedsoul January 19th, 2023

@CheeryMango Thank you so much Cheery!

calmMango9611 February 2nd, 2023

@CheeryMango I have been noticing the blue reply icon, is missing from some of the posts. It is site wide, I have been seeing this. It is also popping up in the Newbie Hub. It is hit and miss, with this issue. What I mean is, some have the blue reply icon and some do not. It is also happening to some of the posts in the Forum Functionality Provide Feedback Here postings. Just wanted to make you aware of this issue. I hope the problem gets corrected soon.

AffyAvo February 2nd, 2023

@calmMango9611 Is this the older thing related to a major update where you can only reply in series 5x?

@AffyAvo Yes affy. There is a list of comments, where the reply icon is missing. But not all of them. Some have the blue reply icon and some do not, which is strange to me.

@calmMango9611 This is not a glitch though, this was intended, replies only go 5 'deep'.

@AffyAvo Thanks for your help.

@calmMango9611 You can still have responses go in order, as I have done so here, by using the reply button to myself because there was none listed with your most recent response. Unfortunately it does often mean having to manually but in the @ tag for the person you want to see a message.
HealingTalk January 19th, 2023

Since about a month ago I started to see posts recently made, with a huge space below the text.

At first I could not delete those extra lines within the subcoms I can moderate forums.

The latest I have seen I could delete the extra lines.

But the problem of those long spaces below the text appearing in some posts, persists.

MistyMagic January 20th, 2023

@HealingTalk here's an example so others can see (unedited) https://www.7cups.com/forum/DepressionSupport_52/LivingandCopingwithDepression_30/Depressionandisolating_296309/

HealingTalk January 20th, 2023

@MistyMagic

Hi Misty!

Thank you!

I could edit this one a couple of days ago, and I see it ok.

For some reason, you still see the old unedited version with all those lines below.

So, another bug here?

No, it wasn't this the one I edited. This one is very recent.

I can see it ok, though.

Mixed thoughts...

Maybe it was this one, and I confused the dates.

AffyAvo January 19th, 2023

I can no longer move threads to forums I do not have access to. It's not a huge issue but this was something I could befoe. Ie.I just tried moving a thread into a listener only forum and that option didn't appear on the list.

Now that, unfortunately, the "Project Agent" role has been suppressed, I am compiling lists of new subscribers in AS and DS subcoms for posting Welcomes.

The "new subscribers list" shows some usernames truncated with "..." indicating that.

It is cumbersome to go one by one completing the name by mouseover and typing missing letters/numbers.

Would it be possible to show the complete name? Or limit usernames to the 15 username characters shown.

Aiming higher, it would be amazing if team leaders were given access to a longer list of new subscribers. Or weekly batches, for example.

Welcoming just 20 of about 250 monthly subscribers seems absurd to me.

What's a pity, because Welcomes can be such a powerful tool for engagement.

Also...

It would be great to have back a role devoted just to this. Like "Welcome Agents".

It's an easy task, but time-consuming and cumbersome.

I insist that all subscribers should be welcomed, not just 20 random that happened to subscribe a certain day.

Does it make sense?

MistyMagic January 23rd, 2023

@HealingTalk Yes it makes perfect sense, and it makes the welcomes an even more time-consuming task. you can see the full name by clicking but then ut takes time to do that on all the long names and some get missed. I also agree it seems unfair to welcome only the 20 that show and for big sub-communities it means copying the names frequently so that it is not just a random 20+ that get welcomed.

PatienceImpatiens January 23rd, 2023

Hi, there! Since the app update, none of the forums work on mobile apple device. None. It goes to an orphan link. Ooopsie, kinda.

Also, I previously commented on this link that it is not possible to upload photos on forums from hand held (I only have Apple) device, but there was no response to my comment.

I guess not having access to ANY forums period from hand held is a progression, unfortunately, in a negative direction.

Kindly, Patience

CalmRosebud January 23rd, 2023

Funny, now I have access!!! Weird.

MistyMagic January 23rd, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens The Team are aware and I am sure they are doing all they can as this negative is impacting on forum activity greatly!

@CheeryMango @Chocpastry9516

Thanks Misty! I just tried and now can get into forums!!!! Happy Manic Monday! And thanks to whoever fixed it💕🌸🥰

Hmmmm, tried and now can get into forums. Maybe it was just a transient bleeeeep. 🙃

CalmRosebud January 23rd, 2023

Trying to upload a photo from hand held Apple phone.

Doesn’t work!

AffyAvo February 1st, 2023

I am finding when I delete some posts the deletion doesn't 'stick'.

So far I have only noticed this when deleting replies and selecting a reason. Not sure if the glitch is limited to these alone though.

MistyMagic February 1st, 2023

@AffyAvo I thought it was me! It is amazing how this simple thing can impact on confidence too! The deletes are not sticking, and when they do they are not always clearing the flag too?

@MistyMagic They definitely aren't sticking properly! At first I thought it was just me, refreshing too fast or something but no, it's happened multiple times now, including posts that were deleted by others and then I had to delete again.

The flag clearing has never worked ideally. I do not delete from there (although have heard that was working again, may do so). The flags haven't cleared properly for many months, I use the unflag option to clear them after deleting/editing as needed to take them out of the queue.

MistyMagic February 1st, 2023

1) Posting a reply means that the reply box appears at the top of the thread so we have to scroll up to the top to fill it out.
2) When moderating, new replies can appear all over a thread, as sometimes the reply button does not appear ( I think this is because 5 replies have already been made?) so people use another reply box or post to thread, so when moderating we can have to scroll through many pages to find the actual new and unread reply!

I mentioned it elsewhere already but the deleted threads showing up on lists is still a problem. Currently in disability half of the pinned posts are actually deleted posts that I have no way to remove.