Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bon voyage, feed! The feed is retiring today

Jill7Cups November 4th, 2019

A few months ago we announced we would no longer be spending time on the feed and the bugs associated. The day has come where we retire the feed for good and remove it from the platform. We know some love the feature and will be sad to see it go and we get that. Thank you for being understanding and realizing that sometimes we have to make tough decisions for the greater good of the site.

Tazzie November 5th, 2019

@azureLand2236
I certainly don't mind. There were several bugs and glitches in the feed. At one point, it became difficult to fix these issues. What is visible to us, is only one small part. There are lots of other factors that the management team, product and support team had been dealing with behind the scenes in connection to the feed.

I understand that it's not easy to let go of a space that was so precious. Change can be uncomfortable and I hear you and everyone else in this forum but as Jill said, it will be replaced with something better.

We care for everyone's feedback and all feelings and thoughts are valid. Let's hope for the best and wait together to see the new feature once the update goes out.

On behalf of the Sub-Communities ambassador team, I invite you and everyone else to join our forums in various Sub-Communities. You can find a list of them along with brief descriptions here!

Thank you!

azureLand2236 November 5th, 2019

@Tazzie Thank you for the really considerate reply.

Tazzie November 5th, 2019

@azureLand2236

You are very welcome.

Dawn04 November 4th, 2019

@Lavendersubmarine @Tazzie It does really suck that anyone who has been vocal about keeping the feed has been literally ignored.

EvelyneRose November 5th, 2019

@Dawn04

Jill has explained though why they can't keep the feed. Financial and technical reasons make it more costly than to keep it. I'm sure they'll find something better to replace it with.

windingfeather2 November 4th, 2019

So unfair the end of the feed... good things always find their way to keep on going. Im upset but Im not worried.. hugs to all who kept the feed alive and to everyone who cares about it. Thank you @scenicwindow @Dawn04 , @nicedaisy36, @silkysunny for your wonderful and motivating post.. am so grateful to have been greeted with your posts all mornings .. Ill miss it very much..

Dawn04 November 4th, 2019

@LavenderHugs Thank you Lavender. It really does suck that they are choosing to remove one of the few good features left on this site. All the changes lately have been making this place worse instead of better......and there's literally zero reason to remove the feed.

CaringBrit November 5th, 2019

@Dawn04 i understand how you feel however the feed was very buggy and with it being unfixable they decided it was time to remove it

November 5th, 2019

@CaringBrit

How can something like a feed be unfixable? I am not a programmer, but it doesn't look as the most complicated thing on earth... I have donated money to this website, and I will still do it, but I get the impression that people's wishes and needs are not really taken into account...

@admaiorasemper youd have to bring that up with the CMs it would cost them too much to fix and they rather make a fresh new feature thats similar with that money instead plus it was on an old server the code being used for it and they cannot bring it to where the rest of the site is on there servers is as far as im aware the issue is yh it might look simple but are we the ones who create these things for the site im pretty sure they know their job whats doable what isnt lets remain open minded that they know their job we dont have to like its going like jill says however thats their decision theyve made and ik something new will be made

November 5th, 2019

@CaringBrit

You are right, I know we have to trust that this is for the best. I just hope they will give people some time to save what they have posted so far, and that the new feature they promised will soon be implemented

@admaiorasemper according to my account its still up ive saved all my followers and the posts i wanted to screenshot you still have time just be quick

November 5th, 2019

@CaringBrit I was planning to do that right now, but it has gone. I think we should have got a longer notice. There was barely no time to save things.

cc @Jill7cups

sparklesinthewater November 5th, 2019

@admaiorasemper

"How ruuude!" as Jar Jar Binks used to say😉...

@admaiorasemper to be fair it was announced in may too its november now we had 6 months notice but then again some werent around that long so i understand

November 5th, 2019

@CaringBrit

@CaringBrit

I just wrote a long answer and got censored. Don't really get why... The feed's ghost has brought its bugs here now :)

Anyway. I was saying that back in May, the following was announced:

As of this week, we will no longer be fixing bugs with the feed.

According to my English knowledge, this doesn't mean that the feed is going to disap_pear. I did read that post back in May, and I didn't register the disap_pearing bit.

Personally, I think a 24 hours notice is not that fair... Unless a day was indeed discussed in that post, somewhere in the replies that followed. But if this is the case... well, I still find this not fair... it is not a detail and it would have deserved a place in the original post.

And I do believe that this was a tough decision and I do trust that it was taken for a good reason, but I really feel for all those people who used the feed as their mainly way to interact here and have at the moment no available alternative (the forum is a different feature altogether).

@admaiorasemper usually a we arent fixing means at somepoint its going to be removed they mentioned there working on somethingnew to replace it that was mentioned in may so it was mentioned

November 5th, 2019

@CaringBrit

Anyway. What has happened has happened. There is probably a lesson to be learnt somewhere. I am looking forward to see the new feature and I hope we won't have to wait too long! Thank you for your nice replies. I hope my words didn't come out the wrong way. As I said, I really feel for some people.

November 5th, 2019

@CaringBrit

ps. read @7CupsCommunity 's answer on that post, 29th May:

The feed will still be available for use. However, we will not be repairing any bugs associated with the feed.

and the one posted on 30th May:

We are certainly not doing anything to make it work less well or introduce new issues - but you are right that it's possible the existing bugs may get worse and the feed will get harder to use for more people.

7CupsCommunity November 7th, 2019

@admaiorasemper

Thank you for the tag! Did you have a question?

November 7th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity

Just curious on why it was said " The feed will still be available for use" when in fact the plan was to discontinue it

@admaiorasemper

The plan wasn't to discontinue it. We left it up for use for over 5 months.

mytwistedsoul November 7th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity But they couldn't give more than a days notice about closing it?

@mytwistedsoul

I hear you. We wanted more time as well, but it didn't up being feasible.

RarelyCharlie November 5th, 2019

@admaiorasemper I am a programmer, and I agree with you—it is not the most complicated thing on earth. However, 7 Cups is not earth. The internal 7 Cups cost of getting technology implemented seems to be far greater than the general cost in the real world.

Charlie

Dawn04 November 5th, 2019

@admaiorasemper The answer is not one single person's opinions are being taken into account besides the PTB (powers that be).

Daisy7cups November 5th, 2019

@LavenderHugs

Thank you so much ☺.

I have always loved your feeds as well. I want there to thank @AbbyHarris1976 for her wonderful feeds.

I will miss the feeds, but looking forward to new updates from 7cups

windingfeather2 November 5th, 2019

@niceDaisy36

youre welcome daisy.. i really liked your feeds too.. hugs.. 💜

carefreeFaith82 November 4th, 2019

@Jill7Cups That's really sad to know... If the feed is retiring then what about the 2h feed posts that were required for the 7Cups Internship?

Jill7Cups OP November 4th, 2019

@carefreeFaith82 it won't be a requirement once the feed is gone, I'd check in with @Hope and team about if it will be replaced with anything

windingfeather2 November 4th, 2019

So unfair the end of the feed... good things always find their way to keep on going. Im upset but Im not worried.. hugs to all who kept the feed alive and to everyone who cares about it. Thank you @scenicwindow @Dawn04 , @nicedaisy36, @silkysunny for your wonderful and motivating post.. am so grateful to have been greeted with your posts all mornings .. Ill miss it very much..

mytwistedsoul November 4th, 2019

This - well - this really s**ks. I'm sorry to say. The feed was the one thing we had some level of control over. The one where we could decide what stays and what goes. It was our one truely personal space. There's alot of thoughts in some feeds - people pouring themselves into them .

sparklesinthewater November 4th, 2019

@mytwistedsoul

That is the way of progress, good things go...so we shrug, we swallow the bitter pill and say "aurevoir"...

mytwistedsoul November 4th, 2019

@sparklesinthewater I can't say what I'm thinking about progress - lol

@mytwistedsoul

😉🤗...😔

@mytwistedsoul

Thank you for hearting my feed song🤗❤

mytwistedsoul November 5th, 2019

@sparklesinthewater You're welcome

indigoCup1959 November 6th, 2019

@mytwistedsoul

Completely. I loved your posts. The only way we can continue to sensibly communicate is using a forum post like my sleep one. But that doesnt cover the randomness of your thoughts or the desire to say it to your other followers and vice versa. 7 cups is peversely difficult. It is why I am finding Quora so much more useful The chat rooms are not readily usable by me because of the time zone problems.

jennysunrise8 November 6th, 2019

@indigoCup1959

he does have his own thread where he posts although i forget where it is right now but you could subscribe to it and anyone can start a feed thread in diary/connections (or anywhere i guess) a few people already have started one or converted their thread into a feed thread (what they would normally put on their feed) and just subscribe at the top to any thread to get notifications for it you could start one too

https://www.7cups.com/forum/GeneralSupport_28/DiaryEntriesConnections_1597/

frostyOcean72 November 4th, 2019

@Jill7Cups

If I may ask, what will happen to the feed team now?