Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tea & Cake — Compiling automated taglists

RarelyCharlie November 24th, 2022

_1669305085.cake-128.png

This feature can compile an auto-updating taglist so you can copy and use the latest list.

To enable Tea & Cake in your web browser, first you must have Tampermonkey installed. Most desktop and laptop browsers can install Tampermonkey, and also some on Android (for example, Kiwi). But apps and Apple iOS devices do not support it.

Next, install the Tea & Cake script. (If Tampermonkey is working, you should see a green Install button there.)

Then go to your Listener Settings or Member Settings page, and check the box "Compile taglists". This setting autosaves, unlike the rest of that page.

In any taglist control thread, press the "Compile the taglist" button (beside the subscribe button at the bottom of the original post).

To provide feedback on this feature, please reply in this forum thread or message me.

For more information on automated taglists, see: Manage taglists

Charlie

RarelyCharlie OP January 20th, 2023

@MistyMagic In principle, yes, it should work on any of the lists. However, I am typing this with my fingers crossed because you are very good at finding bugs 😱

Charlie

MistyMagic January 20th, 2023

@RarelyCharlie ooops I am still there 😆

Listening - One Step At A Time!

@MistyMagic Oh ☹️ Using version 5.2 I'm getting 395 tags and you're not among them. I wonder what's different when you do it.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie 310 and I am still there this one? https://www.7cups.com/forum/MindfulnessCenter_106/Announcements_2413/BrandNewAutomatedTaglistMindfulnessCommunity_210278/

Oh Charlie! I am so sorry, I am just trying to help these other sub-community leaders with their taglists :( I really appreciate all your work on this and I am sure all the subcoms that are using your taglists do too ⭐️

I just tried the 50+ taglist and tried to remove me from the list, well I managed to, but interestingly the new taglist dropped from about 590 names down to 14 - only those that had replied to the op. So, Eeeeeeeeek But so I added the whole bunch again, but seems I can't remove myself without taking them all with me 😳😮

Not a problem now I know but interesting nonetheless?

@MistyMagic Oh no! It seems to be behaving even worse now. I'll investigate as soon as I get a chance.

Charlie

@RarelyCharlie Thanks Charlie, maybe it has always had these nuances, but I don't often remove myself? There's no rush, I know you do all this in your spare time for us and it is really appreciated.

MistyMagic February 20th, 2023

@RarelyCharlie cooooeeeeeee! Hey Charlie, hope you had a good weekend? You do so much helping here so first thank-you!

I am having a problem with the 35+ taglist, I wanted to ad @Dallady but I can't it won't catch the name? Any ideas or do they have to add themselves now instead of me adding people? You will see my many tries at the bottom.
https://www.7cups.com/forum/35OverCommunity_166/WelcomesIntroductionsIcebreakersGames_1110/202335Taglist_215776/?post=3209473

soulsings February 21st, 2023

@MistyMagic can you have @Dallady post in the forum and type Please Add Me or add manually?

MistyMagic February 21st, 2023

@soulsings There is no way to manually add to the taglist when it is automated using Tea & Cake, (I could just add their name in to the copied list but that would probably be more complicated) I have asked them to post to see if it makes a difference though.

It is strange that some names just don't 'stick'?

RarelyCharlie OP February 23rd, 2023

I just updated Tea & Cake to version 5.3. Nothing substantial has changed, but I am hopeful there is better error reporting.

I can see Dallady in the 35+ taglist. People do usually have to add and remove themselves, but the list owner and admins can also add and remove people. This is how it's always been. In the case of 35+ the list owner is still Tazzie, the original poster in the thread. If that can't be changed, it would be possible to add "New owner @MistyMagic" to the lead post, and the owner should change from that point.

Charlie

MistyMagic February 23rd, 2023

@RarelyCharlie Oh Charlie! Yes! of course, I am so sorry for taking up your time!

audienta June 9th, 2023

@RarelyCharlie

Thank you for the tool and the explanation! That's extremely helpful!

HopieRemi April 15th

@RarelyCharlie

hey i just made a taglist how will i see the list? Tag List Grief Community - 7 Cups Forum

HopieRemi April 15th

I didn’t see it oops