Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Remembering musicalMagic

GlenM July 19th, 2020

I have some sad news to share. MusicalMagic has passed. She was a vibrant, kind, and compassionate soul that filled 7 Cups with her own music. She taught us all how to better listen to others that are struggling; how to tune in and provide better support. This is especially true in her mentoring work.

I just read through her reviews and this one stood out to me:

Stayed around and gave me hug after hug to help me make it thru the night. Thanks Magic.

I love that quote because that captures her spirit to me. She stayed around, she didnt give up on people, she walked alongside them, and she helped them heal, grow, and sometimes flourish.

I was talking with the ambassadors about her passing this morning. Obs shared how she was always looking out and helping Obs each step of the way. Tazzie highlighted her encouraging work as a mentor and came up with the idea of honoring musicalMagic with a badge. This new badge will be made on Monday:

musicalMagic - For spreading kindness in the listener rooms.

Please share thoughts below to help us remember musicalMagic. We will also find a family contact so we can share these thoughts with them. If you have a contact, then please let me know.

Christopher1243 July 19th, 2020

@GlenM I sadly did not get to meet MusicalMagic, but may she rest easy now and be remembered forever for the great work and dedication she put forth to helping those in need during these trying times.

brightStrawberry3166 July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Deepest condolences πŸ˜”

ashlyntheordinary July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

I'm so sad to hear the news πŸ’šπŸ’š She truly brought happiness wherever she went and spread smiles without her noticing they had a bad day. She will always be remembered as a kind and compassionate soul to others. Rest in peace, musicalMagic

SammyRocksListener July 20th, 2020

RIP MusicalMagic 😭 πŸ’–

Forever85 July 20th, 2020

@GlenM wow she would love that oh how I wish she was here to see how much she has changed everyone lives

HopieRemi August 17th, 2020

@GlenM

omg I can't believe it. She was always so kind

CriesFromSmiles123 July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Deepest condolences :( RIP.

rebecca947 July 19th, 2020

Though I didn't know her, I knew of her. And everything I knew of her was nothing short of excellent. I passed her a few times whether in rooms or in forums or feed in the past, and she never had a bad word to say about anybody or anything. I could see that she was fierce, passionate and loving. I could sense her energy and love surrounding her, leaving wherever she went a happier place than before she entered it. Some people, you just know. And I'm not saying it because of what has tragically happened.

RIP MusicalMagic- you will be badly missed. ❀️

wontwakewontsleep July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Oh my gosh . . .

Tazzie July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Thank you! May their soul rest in peace. They were wonderfully supportive and I am sure musicalMagic πŸ’ž will continue to live in our hearts.

Hope their family and friends find the strength to cope with this huge loss.

melonMeloncholy July 19th, 2020

I have no words to express the deep melancholy this brings within this melon. musicalMagic was my friend, and an inspiration to everyone.

azuladragon34 July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

I never got to meet MusicalMagic but I am deeply saddened by her passing

May she rest in peace and deepest sympathies to her loved ones sadcryingheart

tranquilbear14 July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

May she rest in peace, my condolences to her loved ones πŸ˜”

Mankka July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

RIP MusicalMagicsΓ­rΓ³szΓ­v

JoyfulUnicorn July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Such a lovely Lady who made discussing my difficulties fun and easy and also supported me as a listener. Wish we would have had a chance to talk and connect more!

I was in pure shock and upset when i heard this today!

Heaven has definitely gained another angel! πŸ˜‡πŸ‘Ό

-Joy <3

HoneyBubbleTea July 19th, 2020

@GlenM well I'll make two posts the first one is the tips she gaved me as my mentor to be a better listener, she was an excellent mentor and hope everyone as a listener can have those tips bc is not only for here but for real life

β€’Chat Tips by musicalMagic My Tips on all chats subjects

1-Whatever the topic might be, the basics always apply-you want to give them acceptance, validate their feelings, reflect back what you think they're saying, empathize, ask open ended questions and be non-judgmental! And you can always message a mentor for further help!

2-I also want to add I try to give them positive messages as in I'm so proud of you for reaching out to me or you're a very strong and courageous person! I really admire you and…

3-I think it also helps if possible and applicable to the situation, to be able to relate an experience in your life you've had so they understand that you understand what they are going through. I always say, I'm not you of course but I have some idea of what you're going through because I've been in a similar situation.

**We are not here to solve problems or fix people only to listen and give emotional support by listening, validating feelings, empathy and the techniques or tools of active listening which is explained in number one!**

**Be kind! I try to always be kind to everyone I chat with be it members, listeners or guests. Kindness is so very important as well as encouragement. You never know what someone is going through and being kind, caring, polite, respectful can help them a lot. πŸ’ž

GlenM OP July 19th, 2020

@HoneyBubbleTea I love the second one; we need more hope and people championing and being proud of one another ❀️

Power July 19th, 2020

Magic was very uplifting and supportive in the listener rooms and community. She will be missed. May she rest in peace.

SparkyGizmo July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

This is absolutely heart breaking for me to hear. I reserve the right to cry, be sad and to be human. While they didn't visit the LSR often, when they did visit when I was there, it was truly magical. Every time they came into that room they had something kind to say to me. They always remembered me, never forgot! They told me many times how much I reminded them of themselves for being cheerful. Not feeling so very cheerful now that's for sure. I'll try to see right now if I can find them under browse listeners......and read their messages to me when they pulled me aside. They took the time out of their day not even to just be kind to me in the LSR but went the extra mile to pm me and tell me what they thought of of me heartangelangelangelangel

SparkyGizmo July 19th, 2020

@SparkyGizmo

Well, I tried. It says item removed. I'll never be able to see those amazing words of encouragement, ever again.

Christopher1243 July 21st, 2020

@SparkyGizmo I'm very sorry to hear that, that may be a change we need added to the app for the messages not to disappear.

Hope July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

I remember MusicalMagic as someone positive, always sharing love and kindness in our rooms. It is times like these that we remember how precious and short life is. Rest In Peace Magic.

MistyMagic July 19th, 2020

@GlenM I am so sad at this news. Butterfly

I worked closely with Magic on the 'Quality Coaching Team' and then on the 'Listener Coaching Team'.

We were the 'Magic twins'!

and

Team Magic!

I am so proud of her work on these teams and how she really cared for every person she reached out to, she was always such a kind and uplifting influence and her presence will be greatly missed by any life she touched. And I am so pleased she will be honored with a badge, and what a brilliant choice too!

Rest at peace Magic!

Sending love and reiki to you and your family Purple heart

Listening - One Step At A Time!

brilliantTurtle89 July 19th, 2020

I had a real close bond with Magic. She was my unofficial mentor when I started here and someone who was a pleasure to see and chat with. I loved her very much. Wherever you are, Magic, please know that you will never be forgotten. You are a kind person who helped so many others. I am going to plant a tree for you and call it the Magictree. You always loved hearing about my garden and now you can be part of it.

@brilliantTurtle89. She will be so proud of you Mama Turt πŸ’•

GlenM OP July 19th, 2020

@brilliantTurtle89 I would love a picture of this that we could share and add to this post.

@GlenM

What can I say about my sweet bestie Magic, my second mom Mama Magic . We had such a close bond, she was the most incredible person in this site, when I first joined I remembered going to LSR and I told I heard people here are mentors who wants to be mine and she picked me right away. She always made my days better, she always had this big smile no matter what, she was always there for you giving you hugs, encouraging, she had an amazing soul, Ive never met someone like her, always brightening LSR. She was not only an amazing listener but an amazing person, I remember when she told me what happened and kept me updated of everything. The last day we talked was July 5 2020, her last message was how are you honey? I love you so but so much.

She was always there for me in the good days and bad days, she helped me so much not only like a listener but as a person.

She was always proud of me and she always told it Im sooo proud of you, she believed in me more than I believe in myself and she always told me that she will help me with my self esteem and self confidence.

Heads up for two listeners that she always mentioned with me:

@Jenna: she was always sooo proud of you she always say look at Jenna see her I want you to be like her, follow her, you both have lots in common, Im proud of her and what she is right now. She was really proud of you Jennakins more than you could imagine, to her you were WOW bc she always put you to me like someone to follow. Continue being that amazing listener and person always remember her and what she thought you. She was soo proud of you.

@ASilentObserver: Same as Jenna she asked me do you know Obs and roles on cups and I was yes Magic why , well obs was my mentee follow that leadership role bc you can be in the same position as Obs.

She was sooo proud of you both and I just wanted to mention it in here.

She always said to me apply for the roles bc you can make 7cups a good site and if you do youll be an amazing leader, and Magic I applied for RS and chatroom mentor if I get them is bc of you.

I remember her exact words maybe her her last ones here on cups , July 5 2020 How are you honey? Dear I love you sooo but sooo much.

Those words are going to be always on my heart.

Rest In Peace Mama Magic, Im proud of you and youre a warrior and your sweet and lovely Pepito is also proud of you, we both will miss you soo much but heaven got the most amazing person and I know youre shining up there.

Thanks for inspiring me, believing, encouraging and making me a better person, thanks for those long talks we had and laughing about the simplest things Ill miss them but always in my heart.

love you with all my heart and I will miss you tons.

Your sweet friend, mentee and almost daughter,

-MarΓ­a

GlenM OP July 19th, 2020

@HoneyBubbleTea this is beautiful; thank you for further sharing how she mentored you. What a gifted person!

@GlenM She was a really gifted person <3

Asruu July 19th, 2020

Sadly, i never got to meet @MusicalMagic but seeing all the tributes i could see how inspirational, wonderful and an amazing human she was. May she rest in eternal peace and may heaven be her abode. Fly home angel πŸ™β€

@Asruu Awww Ruuu she really was <3

SmileyPower July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Thats so devastating to hear.. i have no words to describe how sad I am heraing such news.

She was my mentor and just from the kindest people in here. She was caring and lovely, always checking in with you when she could. I will always remember her as a kind and caring person. You will be missed musicalMagic

Tyedyedbutterfly65 July 19th, 2020

broken heart@GlenM I am so saddened to see that she passed away I send my Prayers and Much love and condolences to Her Family and Friends ... May She Rest in Peace and know Her legacy lives on within our heart and souls and never forgotton this on this site.. sadheart

She touched so many lives here and was so loved and sure will be missed as part of Our 7cups Family .heart

Peace and Love, Tyecrying

AlwaysEli July 19th, 2020

I remember her presence in LSR was extremely special, she was always so kind and full of life and love.

She will be missed greatly..

Moj July 19th, 2020

Magic was just that...truly magical! β€β˜„ She had the sweetest most loving heart, and always took the time to encourage, uplift and support everyone she encountered. I don't think she ever spoke anything but kindness and love, and when you spoke with her, you knew that she most definitely cared, and wanted only the very best for you. You are leaving a legacy here at 7cups of never-ending love and kindness Magic, and you will always be remembered for that and so much more! May you now have peace as you leave the suffering of this world behind you. And I hope those who love you, will also find comfort and peace knowing you are no longer suffering in pain. RIP sweet Magic ❀

pamharley003 July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

I am sorry they have passed My sympathies to their famil broken heart

Munkeh July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Sad news indeed. Magic was indeed a kind and caring spirit that gave a lot to others. I'll remember her through songs as we often shared music with one another to lift ourselves, when we needed it most. So its with a song i'll say goodbye to her here...

https://youtu.be/9Go1n_whueM

July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

May her soul rest in peace 🀍 deepest condolences to her family and loved ones.

RumpleSteeleSkin July 19th, 2020

@GlenMcryingcryingThis has really shaken my soul. Musical always was so helpful and encouraging to me. Loved their humor as well. This is some very sad news for me as I ingest it today. I am thankful they are getting a badge named after them. They deserve itheartheartMay they rest in peace with the heavenly Fatherheartcrying

TheResilientDancer July 19th, 2020

This has got to be a joke! sad A really sad loss to the 7Cups community. You were an amazing listener and a part of the community which everyone loved.

To the family-

You raised an amazing person who is loved by many people and will always be in our hearts. I am so sorry for your loss and I am sending lots of love and condolences to you at this difficult time. We are here for you.

From Kayla