Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the Relationship Stress Community? Introduce yourself here!! ❤️

ASilentObserver August 1st, 2018

Greetings from the Relationship Stress Community!!

Are you new to the Relationship Stress Community? Tell us some things about yourself and get to know others that joined the community this month!
Question prompts:

What brings you to the Relationship Stress community?

What is one thing you love most about yourself (or, perhaps, your loved ones)?

Benefits of being a member of the Relationship Stress Community:

Give and receive support from others who are in relationships.

Share your relationship journey (memories, struggles, challenges) in relevant topics comfortably.

Participate in community activities and events (eg. Check-ins, Icebreakers, Forum Discussions)

Plus, members who participate regularly could become part of the Relationship Stress team, as well!

Here are some quick links for you to check out:

our taglist! Join in to get updates on discussions and events.

check out this post for updates on weekly discussions!

check out our newest check-in here!

check this post with more information on how to navigate the community.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact KatePersephone (teens and adults) or reply on this thread!

Do not be a lurker! Join us and introduce yourself here!!

tagging our newest subcribers: @determinedDrum4627Ayu @modestWriter18 @pretendflyer @Danyaabbasi @hardworkingPond3054 @SageTurtle @Promivala614 @softTree9053 @CafeGirl42 @problematiclife27 @orangeCup3761 @BrazenBrunette @christylucia96 @SerenNova @rationalApple816 @KiyKiy16 @navyLemon4199 @HurrMan @imaginativeJet6179 @lilacperfume124 @Planticorn7 @FindingMyVoice2 @LostInGame @Bibbbbu
ard
happy-dance.gif

[a brown and white bear dancing together while holding hands]

Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress Community? Consider becoming a forum supporter or a room supporter!

Edited by KatePersephone on 30.09.24

Erithiel July 14th, 2020

Hello there,

You can call me Erithiel, or Erwan, as you may see it fit.

I'm here for many reasons, first is to have a pro active role in the community, the groupchat named after that section helped me a lot few months ago. I may not be the only one who have some isolation problems, huge difficulties in keeping in touch, or accepting others' attention, but if my experience can help anybody else, I'd be glad to compell.

My hobbies include painting and sketching (mostly landscapes), I recently began writing a novel (in French, my native language) and I do listen to music a lot, even though I haven't played an instrument for years.

See you soon :)

ptervanpsyche August 10th, 2020

@Erithiel hey! I'm interested about the group chat you mentioned. Is there anyway I can join?

gregariousPineapple1681 July 19th, 2020

Hi guys, I am a teen looking to make new friends :)

healinghearts0718 August 6th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Hi everyone, I am a new suscriber and I am happy to be apart of the Relationship and Friendship Support. I've sometimes struggle with feeling like an outsider with my friends and sometimes I've felt good around them. I try to be postive about it tho! I also am like the therapist friend you could say which is why I also became a listener in July just so I can expand that postivity and willingness to help others more!!

Nice to meet you everyone!!

Spiffy1221 August 13th, 2020

I am Tiffany, but I go by Spiffy.

I decided to join today because I am in love with someone who has stated they only see me as a friend and try as I might I can't even think of anyone else and I think it is putting a strain on our friendship.

WhiteCup9176 August 17th, 2020

Hi everyone. Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. I go by Wisley online, and I've recently gotten into the 7Cups community. Although I've talked with a couple listeners, I still haven't really done much inside of the community threads and I'm still trying to navigate my way around. Welp, basically, I'm having some friction with a really close friend of mine, which inspired to seek therapy and help to hopefully improve myself. Happy to meet all of you, hopefully I can become a better and more mentally healthy person through the community.

TobyGRodman69 August 21st, 2020

Hi.

pr1ns3ss August 21st, 2020

Hello, I am 32 (as of 08/13) year old mother of 3. I am here to learn more about relationships and be able to share my experience in a safe place. I've had a traumatic life thus far but I ready to live and let go... well at least learn to manage.

A bit about me. I have no "friends"... I have acquaintances through families friends or co-workers I have lunch with sometimes but no one to really sit and talk to. Family relationships are ok but not as close as it should be. After some messed up life choices I finally met someone who treats me beyond my expectations... not perfect and we have our hardships but its good.

Thanks for reading! I am excited to be on this journey with all of you!

goldenFlower74 August 26th, 2020

@ASilentObserver hello everyone! i am the new community mentor for this group. i'm very excited to get started. if anyone wants someone to talk to, please please don't hesistate to reach out to me and send me a private message heart i hope to become a friendly face to many of you in this community!! xoxo

lovehummingbirdsCindy October 24th, 2020

Hi, I'm Cindy. From Los Angeles!

DinaElwy October 24th, 2020

Hey,

I am Dina, I am 28 years old. I joined because I discovered that I can't make any relationships. I was a victime of bullying when I was a child and since I was a teenager all the persons who I thought they were my friends were actually been just stages in my life, so for now I stop calling anyone as a friend, he or she just a stage in this time of my life. I couldn't understand how to love, as every guy confessed his love to me I discovered that he just have physical desires, so there is no love in my life. The only real relationship in my life is my family, my parents, brother and sister.

CHRISTIANJ2020 October 28th, 2020

@DinaElwy

Hey dina

Private message me!

Lets talk 😉 im 26

Christian

JesseSabala October 25th, 2020

HI there,

I am Jesse. I am 20 and I have joined cause I am going through a hard tiime with my ex. We have recently broken up do to her friends thinking that she is too good for me and pressuring her to leave me. Just looking for the support and ways to convince her that this one particular friend is using her and that I love her and she shouldn't feel pressured to do what others want

RosesAndMosaics October 28th, 2020

@JesseSabala I think that's a very difficult situation to be in. I am sorry that you had to lose her because of a bad friend of hers. I hope she could give you a chance to show her how much you love her and this time, she won't be too blind to see your feelings for her. Have you considered perhaps, talking to this friend of hers too? So that you could discover why she (friend) is convinced you aren't a good match to this wonderful girl you love?

Sending you virtual hugs 💌

shiningSound31 October 25th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

I am shiningSound31. I am 30 years old. I have recently become a room supporter of the community. I am looking forward to interacting with you all. Have a safe, pleasant and enriching journey ahead!

ZacharyClement October 27th, 2020

My name is Zach, I'm 17, a sophomore in high-school. I spent almost my entire life in the foster process or homeless. I've seen some pretty messed up stuff. I've been adopted for 4 to 5 years now, and I can't seem to be able to make and/or keep friends. I'm constantly making stupid mistakes in an attempt to have a normal life like everyone else that all I do is make people hate me. Honestly I just want someone to talk to.

CHRISTIANJ2020 October 28th, 2020

@ZacharyClement

Hey lets be friends!

RosesAndMosaics October 28th, 2020

@ZacharyClement Hi Zachary! I hope today is better than yesterday. If it isn't, I hope something comes along your way to make you smile at the very least. I know how tough it is to forget relationships -especially the "tricky" ones in high-school. Know that it is okay to struggle because relationships aren't really easy after all. Don't be too hard on yourself (I know it sounds cliché). It'll get better somehow; just remain true to yourself. It doesn't matter even if you only end up having just a handful (even 1 is okay) of friends. So long as your relationship turns out to be genuine, it'll be worth it. Keep reaching out and being true; it may take a while but keep believing that there are people out there whom you can connect with and who would try to understand you too.

P.S. there is absolutely nothing wrong with you as a person, even if you feel you keep on making "mistakes" in these relationships. Applogize if you've hurt somebody, learn to forgive (including yourself) and you'll be fine somehow. ♡

MrsManes October 28th, 2020

Hello! I am here because my relationship with my husband just became incredibly complicated and I am struggling to deal with the changes. I am comitted to our marriage, and I do not want to leave him. I'm just trying to process my emotions so I can function day-to-day.

AquaNavySky October 29th, 2020

Hi, I'm here because I've been feeling more and more isolated (not even because of COVID-19). I feel like I can't connect well with others and I have a tendancy to withdraw from other people. I really want to improve this. So hopefully I can try to do that here.

Sunflower2323 November 24th, 2020

@AquaNavySky

hi, I can totally relate to you!! I'm also here because I'm having relationships problems :(

Murdoc1954 October 29th, 2020

HI my name is Gary. I'm 66 years old and was married for 30 years My wife passed away and I've been dealing with stress and anxiety ever since. I am looking for a chat room

Crim1211 October 29th, 2020

Hi, i've never tried anything like this before... I have a few different issues that would take me to different forums, but the most recent and important right now is relationship related. I dont no how much detail im supposed to go into or how this even works, but basically i have no friends to talk to and my (ex) "fiance" is the main problem so i cant rightly talk to her.

quietPlane9908 October 29th, 2020

This is Quiet. I'm an introvert in real life and might as well be here. I joined here because I had a hard time due to my relationship. I recently broke up with my ex, who i expected to make a life with and he also expected the same. I faced many difficulties coping with this and found my flaws. I really think there are many things I need to change. Spending time at 7cups helps me open up to release my stress and reading at forum and growth path helps me good habits and make me reflect about myself. I think I've improved a bit and I hope to learn more here.

bookworm274 November 1st, 2020

@quietPlane9908

Welcome! I'm glad you find 7cups an environment you can come to when you're stressed.

mededicatedstudent November 17th, 2020

Hello, I am Han.

Because of this pandemic, I became more lonely and distant from people. I ghosted my friends because I feel like they don't like me anymore, we all changed, and with that change, we drifted apart. I have trouble communicating socially because I am an introvert. It's really one of my concerns because it makes it difficult for me to find friends in school. Because of my introverted personality, anxiety, and fear of talking I don't get to showcase myself and my potential. Hopefully using this app, I will improve.

Bwalker9 November 17th, 2020

@mededicatedstudent

Hi Han, my name is Bree.. I recently moved out on my own and I am feeling lonley as well. This is my first time living by myself, I also have a hard time with communication skills due to covid and socail distancing

loyalWatermelon5218 November 21st, 2020

@mededicatedstudent

ilovecats002 November 22nd, 2020

@mededicatedstudent

Hello, I'm Tex

As an introvert myself, I absolutely understand what you're going through. I'd love to share my feelings with someone who'd understand me too.

littleBranch8910 February 21st, 2021

Hey all, my name is Josh. I am here for a little bit of guidance, but mostly just knowing I'm not alone. I am always wanting to learn more about mental health and improve myself.

JosephPollack February 21st, 2021

@mededicatedstudent

My friend, I am going through a similar rough time. I didn't have anxiety before, but I developed anxiety, social anxiety and depression after being in an abusive relationship. I too am struggling to find friends, after having lost my friend circle when I broke up with my abuser. It is so hard to meet people! Like, how do you just become friends with someone??? It is just hard we are not the only ones who struggle with this. It is completely natural. And YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT.

I don't want to offer you advice because I am no expert, but you might consider therapy once a week. I have heard that social anxiety is a treatable condition. even if you are not sick, therapy can still help. Just a thought, have a nice day!

grampros February 22nd, 2021

After my divorce I thought I’ll take some time being single and enjoy my life and I did for a while. But when my time came to start thinking about a relationship, my life took unexpected turns that now I feel I’m going to be alone forever for no fault of mine. I’m losing my confidence and have anxiety and feel lonely

Bwalker9 November 17th, 2020

Hello my name is Bree

I am LGBTQ

I've been diagnosed with severe anxiety, borderline personality disorder. I'm looking for someone who's going through the same or similar, I am lonley just new on my own. I've thought of starting my own web group chat but not sure how.

@Bwalker9

@Bwalker9i

Jeanpoole507 November 18th, 2020

Hi, I'm Meg,

I recently joined 7 cups to get therapy from a licensed providier. But now thought I should try the community groups out. I have been feeling, anxious, depressed, and worried almost every single day since last month. I'm worried about my boyfriend as I know he's an alcoholic. We are currently in a LDR and we've been struggling. He denys it, but I see it every time I get lied to, and told that my feelings are invalidated. I'm looking for people who are going through similar experiences. I'm feeling a little better today as I was able to set boundaries and not speak with him whenever I know he's been drinking. His alcohol addiciton has been the worse I've seen as he has tole me that he has the desire to drink almost everyday. I feel depressed and worried about him knowing that he is initiating destructive behavior on himself.

Thank you and hope you guys have a great week.

caringRose8788 November 20th, 2020

@Jeanpoole507

I can understand how this would be very hard for you. I can understand just being in a Long Distance Relationship must be challenging on it's own, even without the alcoholism. I can understand where you would feel you need to talk to someone and it is great you have found us here on 7 cups. Anytime you feel you need to talk to anyone you are welcome to pm me. I am here most days.

Mikey1699 November 20th, 2020

Hello, my name is Mikey. I joined this group cause I wanna learn how to socialize more.

Sanushni November 20th, 2020

Hi, I am Sanushni.

Basically I'm a very introvert person having a small set of friends around me. Actually never tried to actually communicate with others, but now want to do something that will help me to come out of my own shell. So here I'm giving my life a new phase.

Frd1031 March 5th, 2021

Hi @Sanushni

To be honest, I feel you. I am also a 100% introvert with social anxiety. I can't say I don't have any friends, but same as you, I feel like my friendships are very limited, both in quality and quantity.

I hope you can feel better in this wonderful site, with all these compassionate listeners!

Yours,

Dorothy