Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

DJ Project Help Needed

CaringBrit March 7th, 2019

DJ Project Needs Your Help!

As many of you know I was recently named official 7cups DJ, when I go live however songs must be screened and can't do this when I'm live on the air, as it slows me down fetching requests and getting them added as fast as I possibly can so I'm looking for Team Members for this project.

a bit about the project im tasked with hosting therapeutic events in the DJ Rooms both Adult and teen side so Adults/Teens ATLs welcome.

Expectations for Team Members

-Be Active as much as you can give when i go live. Only you know your availabilities.

-Screen Songs especially those im unfamiliar with those im familiar with will be WHITE and in que those that are left white listen to it and then tell me wether or not its fine to play. Yellow = i know the songs wont need screening and green means i have added it to my que

-I can go live for 4 hours minimum so it's ok if you can't do this for the full-time im on as ill be looking for multi Team Members to help throughout if this interests you pm me

Also Global Mods your help is needed mainly on the Adult side but accepting both to help mod the rooms when there open so same as Team Members if cant do full-time length that's fine as is seeking multi here too for time coverage the help of the mods is so that i can focus on delivering the music and getting the requests out

if any of these roles are of interest please do reach me in PM Must be a Listener for this role

Requirements to be a Team Member- Listener

❤️6000 Cheers

❤️100 Chats

❤️5+ Positive Written Reviews

❤️4+ Average Star Rating

❤️Graduate Badge

❤️Preferred but not Required Verified Listener

Requirements to be a Team Member - Member

heart Must have been a member 3 months

heartCompassion Course

heartWise one badge

Room Supporters are now welcome both members and listeners must apply and go through room supporter training first DJ Team is now on the application

CCM mods also now welcome to choose DJ Team in the mod application its being added should be on there soon

If you Meet these requirements and the role still is of interest for Team member then apply on the Application Form by clicking HERE

No requirements for the Mod Role of modding for me being live just need Global Mod to be able to mod in DJ room

Edited recently 12/27/19 to add some new roles

River March 7th, 2019

@CaringBrit

Totally fine if you would like PAs for this project. We can certainly add it into the application but anyone wishing to be a project agent for it must also apply through the official application form HERE(click me) and meet the same requirements as other project agents ^-^ Also, it would have been really appreciated if you had decided to discuss about it in pms first though heart

CaringBrit OP March 7th, 2019

@River theirs only 2 reqs that cant relate to my project the bottom 2 as not a community and its new so dont have anyone but myself right now and kk ty for the link

@River

What does PA mean?

An1mal December 8th, 2019

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp

personal assistants

CaringBrit OP December 9th, 2019

@An1mal the correct term is project agent on this site

BlindGrapefruit March 15th, 2019

@CaringBrit

count me in

Itsabbear May 10th, 2019

Asking for future reference: As a DJ, do you only do requests when you go live, or is there a mix of requests/playlists? I think having both would cut down on the need for as many screeners, since you'd have a running list of stuff to play that would be considered "safe" and a list of what isn't.

Do you have voice capability for this, or is it linked up to a player/youtube/something else? 🤔 I've never been in the popup room (never know when it's up, tbh), so I wasn't sure how it worked.

CaringBrit OP May 10th, 2019

@Itsabbear when im live the rooms are only open for chat nothing else i dont tech even need a room to live DJ its done on samcloud software but is my station i made through them

i only take requests when i go live kinda the point of live DJing and not all screeners can do the hours im live for your talking 4 hours minimum can be extended some days they could be busy so yes screeners are always needed

The music that plays when im not live is just the stations playlist

Itsabbear June 10th, 2019

So, the pop-up room for this is actually titled Music Therapy? I went in the other day and wondered why no one was talking. How would someone access the stream?

Also, I think it would be an awesome thread, or room for ppl to suggest songs they like. Obviously, stuff/posts would have to be screened, but I know sometimes in other rooms we listen to songs we all suggest to one another as a sort of "mood" Playlist, while ppl chat.

CaringBrit OP June 10th, 2019

@Itsabbear people were talking it does depend when you drop in and yes its the Music therapy room how to access i post my links when new peeops join you click music link press play the 2nd link is the request form to request songs so people do request already so im not sure im seeing what your trying to say since what your suggesting its already done hence why i seek song screeners they screen the requests recieved on the request form

Also the room only opens when i go live its not a 24/7 room no plans for it to be as its for me to DJ in to host the therapeutic event nor is the DJ Project a subcom so we dont have a thread this thread isnt to suggest songas its to say you wanna help project or read what help it needs

Itsabbear June 11th, 2019

@CaringBrit

Cool. I didn't see any links when I went in, but idk if it was timing or how it looks on mobile. Only got the chance once, so I'll look out for when it pops up again in the future. My other comments were acknowledging that screening would have to be done, since it is part of this project, and suggestions for any other music therapy in the future, if ppl can't access the pop up room. Figured those would be nice ideas, since there's not really any set place to put them that talks about music in chat, and there are no subs. 🤷🏽‍♀️ This is a cool project, though. Hope you get the help you need!

CaringBrit OP June 11th, 2019

@Itsabbear theirs a hobbies Subcom it could be shared there favourite music etc

@CaringBrit

Interested!!

CaringBrit OP August 6th, 2019

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp reviewing your app now

@CaringBrit

Great!! Insterested in the feedback. There were many questions I did not have an aswer for :(

@CaringBrit

"7cups DJ, when I go live however songs must be screened and can't do this when I'm live on the air"

Where do you go live?

CaringBrit OP August 9th, 2019

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp the rooms open up on the site and i link my radio station in the rooms as for your quoted question from the app i can not help you answer it if you do not know it then study the group support rules in member rooms attend one of my DJ Sessions to see what music i do play / dont play

@CaringBrit

How to attend one of your DJ Sessions?

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp look out for the rooms being opened ??? i havent been live yet since july due to my health and the heat isnt helping

@CaringBrit

Do we receive some kind of alert when a room is being opened?

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp no as i cant set alerts im trying to find a SC to place my project in so whenever i go live i can have a taglist created and tag everyone in it but until Jill finds the perfect correct place all i can say is just watch for the rooms

@CaringBrit

But watch for the rooms, when?

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp like i said just watch out for the rooms if i single handledly 1-1 contacted everyone one by one when rooms would be open it would take 3 days to get round everyone so i cannot answer a when or when or when just tell you to keep watch on the rooms

@CaringBrit

OK :)

Hopefully I will catch up on the events...

CaringBrit OP August 10th, 2019

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp https://www.7cups.com/home/projectsandevents/ check this SC out my project has a section there now im just adding threads needed for the project gonna add a taglist section that way when im live people will get a tagged notification alert i will post usually 1-2 hours before i go live

@CaringBrit

That Is Just Great!!!!

Thanks so much :) :)

Please tag me in your file so I can get a notification before the event and get an insight + a better understanding about this fantastic Project!!

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp will be creating a Song Screening Manual shortly too so bookmark the SC :) or MusicTherapy events bit so you can look out for it

@CaringBrit

What does SC mean?

And which SC should I bookmark?

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp the one i linked you 21 mins ago

@CaringBrit

So it has to be this: https://www.7cups.com/home/projectsandevents/

What does SC mean?

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp SubCom

@CaringBrit

Understood :)

Thank you :)

@CaringBrit

This Role does need Some reasonable knowledge of the Sites Guidelines in Group Support Rooms and songs must coincide with the huge majority of these which rules must songs definetly follow?

Alex4429 August 13th, 2019

i would but i dont meet some of the requirments, i was a dj in real life tho

CaringBrit OP August 13th, 2019

@Alex4429 your more than welcome to apply once you meet requirements

ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp September 7th, 2019

@CaringBrit

Interested!!

CaringBrit OP September 7th, 2019

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp fill app in pass the knowledge questions etc have va good go at them there not all that hard as once i recieve app well go over them

ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp September 7th, 2019

@CaringBrit

OK :)

caringMusic1772 December 10th, 2019

@CaringBrit

Hey!I'd very much like to be on the team and help you out I'd really like that. Plus I always love music so.

CaringBrit OP December 10th, 2019

@caringMusic1772 their should be an application form to fill in above linked in fill the app in if you meet the reqs and ill get to the app asap