Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What are your mental health resolutions for 2021?

hopedreamlove December 29th, 2020

Hello hello hello lovely community! I hope you are all doing well, and I hope everyone who celebrated had a good holiday. Red heart

Often at the end of the year, we begin discussing resolutions for the upcoming new year, a change, decision, habit, or promise we hope to incorporate into our lives. For many people, New Year's Resolutions can be very helpful and can help them get one step closer to their best self.

Today, I wanted to discuss mental health resolutions. 2020 no doubt has been a challenging year for so many, and it has been so important that we take care of ourselves, and make mental health a priority. Although the difficulties we faced this year will not magically disappear immediately in the new and we may not know what is in store for us in 2021, I hope we all can put our wellbeing first, and continue to make mental health a priority. As 2020 wraps up, I want to know, what are some of your mental health resolutions for the new year? These resolutions can be absolutely anything that helps improve your overall mental wellbeing, such as practicing more self-care, setting boundaries, taking up a hobby, etc. There is no "bad" resolution, your mental health resolution might look different from mine, and that is okay.

I am looking forward to hearing about your mental health resolutions! Thank you so much for participating in this post, and thank you for being a part of our 7 cups community. I hope that for each and every one of you, this upcoming new year is filled with joy, laughter, adventures, and happiness. Red heart

“You are perfectly cast in your life. I can't imagine anyone but you in the role. Go play.” - Lin Manuel Miranda ⭐

IceCream4IceCream January 4th, 2021

Thanks everyone! You're all so lovely.

hopedreamlove OP January 8th, 2021

@jovialButterfly6752

I feel like you wrote your post beautifully. Trying to achieve perfection is something I can definitely relate to, and with all the standards and expectations around us, it can become easy to get caught up in the pressure. I admire how this year you will continue to work on self love, growth, and acceptance. I also love how you used the words "work on," I feel like that highlights how all those things above are a process and do not happen all at once. Red heart Thank you so much for sharing! I am wishing you the very best with your resolutions, happy new year!

SilentSerenityy January 1st, 2021

@hopedreamlove

Forgiving myself for past mistakes might be a good one for me. I think we can all be hard on ourselves when we look back and cringe on the things we have done. I often feel ashamed or embarrassed, but I should remind myself that times were different, I was different and the environment I was in was different. I did what I thought was right at the time and mistakes are how you learn and they help you become who you are today, a better version of yourself.

goldenmoon7 January 6th, 2021

@SilentSerenityy yess! O used to berate myself for mistakes and agonize over it for weeks all along and then I read we all make mistakes but the thing is to learn from them! Regret helps us in not repeating the mistake but yeah we should take care that it doesnt consume us for ever.

@goldenmoon7

❤️❤️❤️

@SilentSerenityy

Beautifully said! I agree, a lot of us can be hard on ourselves and criticize ourselves for things that happened in the past. I especially love your last sentence, mistakes can definitely help us learn and grow. Sometimes when I find me berating myself for something I have done in the past, I try to remember "I was doing the best I can with the tools and knowledge I had at that time." Red heart Thank you so much for sharing! Best of luck with your resolution, and a very happy new year!

SilentSerenityy January 12th, 2021

@hopedreamlove Thank-you, I'm glad my comment was useful to you. :)

smolstrawberries January 1st, 2021

my mental health resolutions:

- better cope with negative thoughts

-try to each out for professional help and be more open

- stop being a person pleaser

- be around people who don't harm my mental health

- focus on my mental health more

- gain better confidence and love within myself :))

Hope everyone has a lovely 2021

ClassicAnonymous17 January 1st, 2021

@smolstrawberries

🙂👋🏻

I hope you are able to knock out those resolutions and stand tall !!!🙂

YOU GOT THIS AND REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE 7 cups is a great coping tool !!!

Good Luck &

Happy New Year __ 2021🎉

@smolstrawberries

Hey hey! These are all such fantabulous resolutions! Learning how to cope better with negative thoughts, seeking professional help, being more open, not constantly trying to please everyone around you, being around people who positively instead of negatively affect your mental health, focusing on your mental health, becoming more confident and practicing more self-love are really lively things to work on this year! Good luck with each and every one of them! Thank you so much for sharing, happy new year!

quietPlane9908 January 1st, 2021

To be happy and smile more

@quietPlane9908

Feeling happy more often and being able to smile more can feel really good, and it is understandable to want to do those things more frequently this year! Happiness does not look one way, what might bring you happiness might be different from what makes others happy, and that's okay. Thank you so much for sharing, happy new year!

Eastcoastanxious January 3rd, 2021

Try not to be so afraid of my panic attacks

@Eastcoastanxious

Panic attacks can be incredibly scary and it is understandable to be scared of them. I can see why you would want a resolution to try and be less scared of the panic attacks. Red heart I hope you can find a way to cope with your panic attacks more so you can feel less scared. 7 cups has got your back, if you want to talk, feel free to reach out through more of these forums, group chats, or one-one chats with listeners. Thank you for participating in this activity, happy new year!

caringKitty9200 January 3rd, 2021

Take therapy seriously and actually make more fo an effort to improve myself if I am having a bad day

@caringKitty9200

Working on taking therapy lire seriously and doing your best to improve on bad days are really great resolutions! Wishing you the best with them, 7 cups believes in you! Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

unassumingSpruce9514 January 7th, 2021

@hopedreamlove
stop self harming eat a little more and boost my self confidence

@unassumingSpruce9514

Hey there! I can see why you would want to make these three things your resolution! Wishing you the best with your self-hark recovery, eating a little more, and self-confidence journey. Thank you so much for sharing with us, we hear you. Happy new year!

thoughtfulComputer9328 January 9th, 2021

@hopedreamlove

Mine is to find a good friend group of likeminded people, and be in a healthy friend group, im really missing having nice friends. And uhh i guess continue acheiving my goals.

usefulSummer3139 January 11th, 2021

@thoughtfulComputer9328

It sounds like you're really working towards what you want. Thank you for sharing! :)

I hope you do find people who understand you!

Chibird on Twitter: "Share with someone who is doing their best. ✨ This  ghostie is very amazed and proud.… "

TheChozen1 January 23rd, 2021

My new year Mental Health resolution is more self care

usefulSummer3139 January 24th, 2021

@ShellyChosezn1

That sounds amazing, Shelly! :)

You can do it! 💖 | Chibird, Words, Positivity

Respectfulparadise77 May 1st, 2021

Protect yourself from emotional infections. Love yourself and accept yourself. 💜