Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What are your mental health resolutions for 2021?

hopedreamlove December 29th, 2020

Hello hello hello lovely community! I hope you are all doing well, and I hope everyone who celebrated had a good holiday. Red heart

Often at the end of the year, we begin discussing resolutions for the upcoming new year, a change, decision, habit, or promise we hope to incorporate into our lives. For many people, New Year's Resolutions can be very helpful and can help them get one step closer to their best self.

Today, I wanted to discuss mental health resolutions. 2020 no doubt has been a challenging year for so many, and it has been so important that we take care of ourselves, and make mental health a priority. Although the difficulties we faced this year will not magically disappear immediately in the new and we may not know what is in store for us in 2021, I hope we all can put our wellbeing first, and continue to make mental health a priority. As 2020 wraps up, I want to know, what are some of your mental health resolutions for the new year? These resolutions can be absolutely anything that helps improve your overall mental wellbeing, such as practicing more self-care, setting boundaries, taking up a hobby, etc. There is no "bad" resolution, your mental health resolution might look different from mine, and that is okay.

I am looking forward to hearing about your mental health resolutions! Thank you so much for participating in this post, and thank you for being a part of our 7 cups community. I hope that for each and every one of you, this upcoming new year is filled with joy, laughter, adventures, and happiness. Red heart

“You are perfectly cast in your life. I can't imagine anyone but you in the role. Go play.” - Lin Manuel Miranda ⭐

draftiness December 31st, 2020

Be true to myself.

hopedreamlove OP January 7th, 2021

@draftiness

Being true to yourself is a fantabulous resolution! When we are true to ourselves, it can make a huge difference in how we feel and the way we see things. Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

bubbleSky5248 December 31st, 2020

@hopedreamlove

My mental resolutions will be to understand myself better, love myself, move away from toxic people, do what I love, and maybe also finally hope that my parents finally see what mess I am, and care for me,, the way I have always wanted <3

tallPenny9196 December 31st, 2020

@bubbleSky5248

my resolution is to start to take care of myself completely health wise and my mind

bubbleSky5248 January 1st, 2021

@tallPenny9196

Yes! Way to go Buddy! I hope you achieve it! <3
Happy 2021!❤

hopedreamlove OP January 8th, 2021

@tallPenny9196

Taking care of both your physical and mental health is such a great resolution! Feel free to share his you plan on doing this if you want! I wish you the very best with your resolution, thank you for sharing! Happy new year!

@bubbleSky5248

I love all these! Understanding yourself better, practicing self-love, distancing yourself from toxic people, doing what you love, and hoping your parents offer you the care and support you deserve sound like wonderful resolutions. I hope that all of these resolutions work out for you! Red heart Thank you so much for sharing, happy new year!

bubbleSky5248 January 8th, 2021

@hopedreamlove

Yup, these all mean a lot to me this year, and I hope too,🤞 that I can achieve it. Thank you so much! I hope you too get to accomplish all your resolutions. Happy new year!❤

lovingGrace3297 December 31st, 2020

More self care.

@lovingGrace3297

Yesssss, we love self-care! What are some forms of self-care that you enjoy? Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

reezfa December 31st, 2020

No more social anxiety.
No more overthinking.
No more mental breakdown.

More happiness. More enjoying life.

Just like a quote in Soul (2020), a movie that i just watched:

"How are you going to spend your life?"

"I'm not sure. But I do know I'm going to live every minute of it."

2021 here i come!!!

@reezfa

Social anxiety, overthinking, and breakdowns can be really challenging to go through, I can definitely understand why you would not want those this year and instead hope to experience more happiness and enjoying life. Ooh what did you think of Soul? I haven't watched it but my siblings did and I think they loved it. That is such an inspiring quote, thank you for sharing it! It really got me thinking! I hope 2021 goes wonderfully for you and brings you all the happiness and joy you deserve! Happy new year!

Animegirl07 December 31st, 2020

Learn to love myself and be more outgoing

@Animegirl07

The journey to self-love can be long and can take time, and it's okay if it doesn't happen all in one day. It is possible though, and I wish you the very best with your own journey to loving yourself. Being more outgoing (or just being able to voice my thoughts) is also a resolution I have! Best of luck with your resolutions, we believe in you! Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

ThreeCs25 December 31st, 2020

My resolution, aside from drinking more water, is to try and stop self-depreciating all the time. Effectively, try and be more positive with myself.

Happy New Year all.

@ThreeCs25

Ooo I should probably also focus on drinking more water, hydration can be helpful not only for our physical health but also our mental health! I admire how you will try your best to stop self-depreciating! Thank you so much for sharing, happy new year!

lovingPear8997 December 31st, 2020

My mental health resolutions would; to cut myself some slack. I'm always so hard on myself and I need to stop that. I constantly am spreading myself too thin to try and please every single person around me. I am mentally and emotionally exhausted. I need to learn to take care of myself some also. I just don't know how

@lovingPear8997

Just recognizing that you need to take care of yourself and cut yourself slack is a wonderful first step! Well done! Caring for every single person around us more than we care for ourselves can be emotionally draining like you described. You deserve all of the kindness and care you offer others. It's okay to take your time figuring out how to take care of yourself. I can't tell you how to do it, but I can tell you that you're not alone, we are 7 cups are all here for you, and believe in you. Red heart Thank you so much for sharing, happy new year!

IamRosa December 31st, 2020

I'm going to try harder to be more even-keeled: not procrastinate and then stress about having no time to do everything I've been putting off!

And try try TRY not to take things personally!

@IamRosa

Procrastination is something I can heavily relate with, it's something I always find myself doing. (even while I'm typing this oops) I love that you will be making it your resolution to try and not procrastinate! And ooo, I haven't heard that resolution before, I love it! When things happen, it can be easy to take offense, and while your feelings are always valid, doing your best to try and not take things personally can be so helpful to mental health. Thank you so much for sharing, happy new year!

Ericas12 December 31st, 2020

To lose weight

To be happy with myself

to have more freedom

To wear clothes i feel confident in

understandingWest8097 December 31st, 2020

@Ericas12 good luck

Ericas12 January 1st, 2021

@understandingWest8097

Thankyou :)

@Ericas12

Hey there! It sounds like you have quite a few resolutions you would like to work on this year, wishing you the best with them! We are all here for you and believe in you Red heart Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

ShadowDance December 31st, 2020

do some exercise

try to improve my brain

find a way to live independently

@ShadowDance

Love all your resolutions! I wonder for you, what does trying and improving your brain look like? Your last resolution resonates with me a lot, trying to live independently is something I am working on as well. Wishing you the very best with your resolutions, thank you for participating in this activity, happy new year!

sallysalad1233 January 1st, 2021

My resolution is to not mainly do things just for other people. I usuallly do anything if someone asks which makes me taken advantage of and I really want to step away from the people that will try to use me

@sallysalad1233

What you described is something I can relate a lot to! Doing things solely for others can sometimes feel easier than doing things for ourselves, but once we start putting ourselves first it can feel so refreshing and powerful. Wishing you the best with your resolution, I hope in this upcoming year you can focus on yourself and offer yourself the care you deserve Red heart Happy new year, thank you for sharing!

goldenmoon7 January 1st, 2021

My mental health resolutions would be to walk away from people who hurt me. I always take time to trust people but then when I do...well. and then even If they end up hurting me a lot I keep forgiving them until they leave. I hope I can have the strength to leave first.

Cut myself some slack. I get too hard on myself sometimes and wallow in guilt and all. Not that I shouldnt correct myself but I wallow way too much if I slip up. So yeah.. that too.

Happy new year everyone. This year has shown that we can adapt way better than we thought we could. And yes it was shitty year but we learnt not to take things for granted and enjoy the little things. And let's not forget the ones who've stuck with us (ever grateful for them) and the ones who left (they never needed to be there).

lovelyParadise7651 January 4th, 2021

@goldenmoon7 I completely agree. Be kind to everyone but if someone is being rude to you don't feel bad to remove yourself from the situation.

sallysalad1233 January 4th, 2021

@goldenmoon7 I agree with you for sure!

@goldenmoon7

I absolutely love your post!!! It can be devastating when we give our full trust to people, and they end up hurting us so deeply. Deciding to be the first one to leave can be really challenging. One thing that has helped me is learning that it is possible to forgive someone without going back to the same situation. Whatever happens with these people, 7 cups is always here for you. Red heart
I hear you! At times we can be our own worst critic. There's nothing wrong about being mindful of ourselves and actions, but when it turns into judging ourselves way more harshly than we might judge others or they may judge us, it can start to affect us very strongly. I admire how this year you will be trying to cut yourself some slack. Thank you so much for sharing, happy new year!

thecosmicchild27 January 1st, 2021

- Finally feel a bit better about my body and to take care of myself more

- Finally end things with my girlfriend

- Move to Seoul to train for my dreams

- Be kinder to people and to myself

- Become more spiritually in tune

- Get my s*** together

understandingWest8097 January 1st, 2021

@thecosmicchild27 hope you fulfill your dreams

thecosmicchild27 January 6th, 2021

@understandingWest8097 thank you ^-^

@thecosmicchild27

Hey there! It sounds like you have a pretty clear understanding of what you want to see happen this year, which can be really helpful in bringing these resolutions into our lives. Wishing you the best with each every resolution, feel free to let us know how everything turns out! Thank you for sharing, happy new year!

thecosmicchild27 January 18th, 2021

@hopedreamlove happy new year

IceCream4IceCream January 1st, 2021

@hopedreamlove I love crazyheadcomics btw.

I resolve try not to put so much pressure on myself through unattainable standards of perfection. I resolve to continue working on self love, growth and acceptance.

ClassicAnonymous17 January 1st, 2021

@jovialButterfly6752

* Y​​​​​ou G​​​​​​ot T​​​​​​his!!!

Keep reminding yourself you have a goal!!! Don't put too much pressure on yourself!!! You do NOT have to be perfect you just have to make sure that you are happy with YOURSELF

helpfulPup1201 January 2nd, 2021

@jovialButterfly6752 I love this! You've got this💪🏽💕