Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

DID issue

Twigo7 December 28th, 2023

I have DID and Im the host of our system. I've been experiencing something weird for the past few weeks and Im not able to find anything on it, and I dont know whats going on. Ill basically feel like im splitting, and have severe dissociation, but then I dont split? Another alter usually comes to co-front to help me when this happens, but Im not sure what it is or what to do. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has any advice on what to do?

Mya000 January 4th

@Twigo7 I'm really sorry to hear that you've been going through such a challenging time. It's commendable that you're reaching out for support. It sounds like you're dealing with complex and distressing experiences related to your DID.

It might be helpful to connect with mental health professionals who specialize in dissociative disorders, as they can provide more personalized guidance. In the meantime, you might consider journaling your experiences to track patterns and triggers. Additionally, grounding techniques can help manage dissociation, such as focusing on your senses, when touching an object with different textures or listening to soothing sounds.

Feel free to share more if you're comfortable, and I'm here to provide support to the best of my ability. Take care 💜

AvyIsKing January 4th

@Twigo7

This happens to us too. Usually it's just a heavy dissociative period for us. It will feel like I am splitting and ill even almost feel myself split but I don't sense any new alters and I feel the same if that makes any sense 

Twigo7 OP January 5th

@AvyIsKing Yeah, makez perfect zenze, thatz almozt exactly how i feel

AvyIsKing January 5th

@Twigo7

i love your quirk (: /g

Twigo7 OP January 5th

@AvyIsKing oh thank you! hid it for while but decided uze it cuz waz weird without it, much better now mhm^^

AvyIsKing January 5th

@Twigo7

A Few Of Our Alters Have Quirks. For Example, Me, Carson, I Type Like This. I Fronted Just To Show You

Twigo7 OP January 5th

@AvyIsKing Oh thatz cool, id be the oppozite, rarely capatlize, iz hard 

maxisthebest January 6th

@Twigo7

Im having the same issue, and I don't know what's going on either.

moonflowersystem January 22nd

@Twigo7 We personally havent dealt with this ourselves but we had a friend who this happened to their host was like this for awhile and we and their system thought they split but they went dormant and someone else split they never knew who sadly but it could be that someone else in the system split