Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Your Growth Path

GlenM March 20th, 2015

We are excited to announce the launch of the growth path early next week. I'm writing you now to give you a heads up and answer any questions you might have. Below please find a description of the growth path and a link to an image of the growth path. All feedback is welcome!

Growth Path Text:

Your Growth Path has 3 components: Connect, Grow, Practice

Connecting with kind, genuine, and caring people is very important. (+)
--We all need authentic human connection to grow. It is like sunlight for plants. You can connect in one on one chats with listeners or through group support chat. Think of connecting as a way to fill up your emotional gas tank. Stress lowers our tank. When we talk to a listener, we get our tank filled back up.

Learning gives us a map that shows us where we are and where we want to go. (+)
--Without a map you can feel lost. Our free test and self-help guides will create a custom map for you. Right now you are at Point A and want to get to Point B. We will help you get there!

Practice provides easy to use skills to help us live a better life. (+)
--Life can be much easier if you have skills or techniques to help you cope. Most of these skills are very easy to master. We?ll start with the simple practice of gratitude or being thankful. Next, we?ll add mindfulness. As you grow, we?ll add more skills for you to master.

The best way to grow is to make it a habit. Each day you?ll have the opportunity to connect, learn, or practice. You can do one or more exercises. It is entirely up to you.

If you miss a day, or something comes up, don?t worry about it. There is no pressure here. Simply take the next easy step in your growth path to get back on track.

Start by taking our free emotional wellness test. It will teach you more about yourself and help us create a custom Growth Path just for you. It takes less than 3 minutes.

(Start)

----

Once you hit start, we'll then drop you on the free emotional wellness test. We'll also ask you to identifythe main issues you want to address. These issues correspond to our self-help guides. The path will have a variety of exercises including: chatting with a listener or group, reading a lesson in a self-help guide (all paths start with the acceptance and commitment therapy guide), gratitude journal entries, mindfulness exercises, or posting in the forum. We'll be adding more exercises, but believe we are off to a strong start.

Members and guests will have the option of sharing their growth plan with their listener. The listener will be able to see the last step, the current step, and the next step. Listeners, please read Laura's excellent post here.

The path is the same for everyone for the first 20 or so steps and then it diverges based on the issues you would like to address. For example, I might struggle with anxiety, so my path would work as outlined above, but then lesson 21 would start with lesson 1 of the anxiety help guide. We've made each step simple and easy to follow. As you make progress down your path, you'll have the option of retaking the emotional wellness test to track your progress.

Here is an image of what the growth path will look like:

https://imgur.com/gallery/zVFfJPZ/new

We are doing something quite beautiful together here. As always, I welcome your thoughts and feedback. Thank you!

Penelope1963 March 30th, 2015

I am not connected to my phone or lap top by an umbilical cord - kind of naive in that way. What app are you talking about?

KxJ March 30th, 2015

This app is cool!

delphin March 30th, 2015

Is there a way to see a summary of the path steps that have been accomplished? Sometimes I accomplish a growth path because I've been in group-chat or 1-on-1 and I never had the chance to read what the step was. If this isn't a feature, it could be an interesting addition.

123uandme March 30th, 2015

seem to work great. but lots of times the same readings come up over and over again.

LoveFlag97 March 30th, 2015

haaaaaa

nina50 March 30th, 2015

the lessons i have learned on my personal growth path have allowed me to help others on my listening account as i am new to listening and im still learning

GlenM OP March 31st, 2015

@nina50 it is GREAT to have you here :)

nina50 March 31st, 2015

thank you Glen and i am glad to be here

TEMI4LIVE2 March 31st, 2015

That is good, Keep the good work up

saxman76 March 30th, 2015

Enjoying exploring all the different features of this support tool. We'll done so far, and good to see people helping heal each other. Have a blessed day!

moon13 March 31st, 2015

How can i view previous messages in my chats? I want to scroll back through my conversations but there is no option to do so past the most recent few ...

Hope101914 March 31st, 2015

There is no way to go back more than ten messages in a chat once you leave it and come back.

limeBlackberry433 March 31st, 2015

Great app! I'm glad I found it.

neatMap5604 March 31st, 2015

Finally getting into some of the info and it's giving me some sources

CajunWoman March 31st, 2015

Pretty cool

neatMap5604 March 31st, 2015

Slowly moving forward

TIMIANNE75 March 31st, 2015

I am MSW graduate student interning here at 7 Cups of Tea. Prior to this internship I was at a facility for individuals with dual diagnosis. I have to say that 7 Cups of Tea offers a unique experience that offers the kind of growth and experience that we cannot get anywhere else. Thank you 7 Cups of Tea for helping me grow! :)

RoohPooh77 March 31st, 2015

I've never done any type of therapy. So I'm trying this way seems less judgmental

anonySea7215 March 31st, 2015

Taking one day at a time.

Not a chat room type but I like this app

Grungetrash March 31st, 2015

What should I post here

communicativeSquare2134 March 31st, 2015

i have learnta lot of lessons from my growth path. now i have become more open with others and i have learnt you wont always get hurt by trusting someone most of the listeners taught me that. thx to them my fears are slowlyfading heartcheeky

SamuelKennedy March 31st, 2015

I am more happy when I am less judgemental, and attentive listening helps me grow.

nobody111111111 March 31st, 2015

Best therapy ever

Yes it really is

versatileOwl1023 March 31st, 2015

this website has taught me how to try to find happiness again. possibly saved my life. :)

straightforwardPenny802 March 31st, 2015

The support I get her is so valuable. Usually, I know what I need to feel better but I struggle to do it. After some validation that my feelings are ok and some venting, I usually feel better

grets April 1st, 2015

This just gives me something to while waiting for a listener. I know all of this stuf becuaseI am a psychology major.

saxman76 April 1st, 2015

Awesome site and people, even though I've only been around a week. The way they actively listen and help come up with solutions is awesome, because I need that type of support. Thanks again y'all, and I'll see ya around. Have a blessed week!

reliableNorth6082 April 1st, 2015

Maintaining my mental health is important to me. Coming here makes me feel not so alone .

FlowerKitten200470 April 1st, 2015

My anxiety has been getting very bad lately. With one click I'm talking to someone who wants to help. My anxiety is alot better

mugasi053 April 1st, 2015

This site has helped me see that I am really not alone. I have for a long time believed that no one cares about anyone and only pretend to care when it serves them well. Just being able to tell someone about my insecuriteshere has renewed hope in me.

Thank you so much :)

courageousBeing3457 April 1st, 2015

This website is really helpful for therapeutic venting. Thank you so much 7 cups of tea!

fearlessNectarine7960 April 1st, 2015

This site has many genuine caring people that are helpful and understanding. I feel grateful to know I have somewhere to come when I'm needing extra support.

UnassumingHuman2126 April 1st, 2015

This site is very informative and supportive. The listeners are life savers and I love the atmosphere. Thanks!!!

unicorn83 April 1st, 2015

It is invaluable to me to have people who "get it"

easyTortoise20 April 1st, 2015

Not everyone gets it.

orangeShip242 May 29th, 2015

:#

Cherunio April 1st, 2015

True

orangeShip242 May 29th, 2015

:0